* This first-rate reference guide has a clear structure and intuitive index that gives you as a developer exactly the information you want in exactly the way you want it-easy to search, browse, or consult when you're faced with a problem you need to solve
* This book is divided into recipes. more » This format has been praised by readers for being "easily-digestible" and "self-contained". These bitesize chunks save you time and energy, and keep concepts clear
* The wide range of topics covered means this book is relevant to you no matter what your capability level
Angular 2 introduces an entirely new paradigm of applications. It wholly embraces all the newest concepts that are built into the next generation of browsers, and it cuts away all the fat and bloat from Angular 1. This book plunges directly into the heart of all the most important Angular 2 concepts for you to conquer. Alongside the book's Angular 2 content, it covers the new ES6 syntax, TypeScript conventions, Web Components, and RxJS observables, among many other brand new ideas to add to your toolkit.
Make no mistake; Angular 2 is difficult, especially if you're discovering new technologies and standards for the first time. This book covers all the most complicated concepts the framework has, and at the same time introduces the best practices with which to wield these powerful tools. It also covers in detail all the concepts that will get you building applications faster. Oft-neglected topics such as testing and performance are rigorously covered too. This book will guide you so you understand Angular 2 from top to bottom, ready to let you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand how to best move an Angular 1 application to Angular 2
* Build a solid foundational understanding of the core elements of Angular 2 such as components, forms, and services
* Gain an ability to wield complex topics such as Observables and Promises
* Properly implement applications utilizing advanced topics such as dependency injection
* Know how to maximize the performance of Angular 2 applications
* Understand the best ways to take an Angular 2 application from TypeScript in a code editor to a fully function application served on your site
* Get to know the best practices when organizing and testing a large Angular 2 application « less
*Updated to the Angular 2.4.3 released in January 2017.
After reading this book, you are going to be able to:-
- Build an Angular 2 application from scratch using TypeScript and the Angular command line interface.
- Write code more » using the paradigm of reactive programming with RxJS and Observables.
- Know how to Unit Test Angular 2 using Jasmine, Karma and the Angular Test Bed
The first chapter in the course is a quickstart where you dive straight into writing your first Angular 2 application. We use the web editor plunker so you can get stuck in writing code ASAP.
In this quickstart you'll get a 50,000 foot view of the major features of Angular 2.
Then chapter by chapter we go much deeper into each of these features. I'll cover the theory for that feature, using plunker as much as possible so you can try out the code yourself in a browser. Then you'll practice what you've learnt with either an online quiz or a set of flash cards.
You are going to learn all about:-
- Components & Binding
- Dependancy Injection & Services
- Angular Modules & Bootstrapping your Angular application.
- SPAs & Routing
- Angular CLI
- Reactive Programming with RXJs
- Unit Testing
Step-by-Step Guidance With Code Examples
From initial structuring to deployment, Angular Essentials provides step-by-step guidance to Angular, Google’s for building applications for both Web and Mobile platforms. This eBook from Infragistics begins by teaching you the basics of TypeScript, ES6 concepts, Angular 2 architecture, and details about more » the working environment you need to start building Angular 2 components. You’ll dive into Components, Directives, Routing, and Services, as well as techniques like Data Binding and Data Transformation. Finally, you’ll learn advanced Angular 2 skills for testing, debugging, deployment, and security.
In Angular Essentials, you'll:
- Learn the different features of components, and how to apply custom templates and styles
- Explore the built-in directives of Angular
- Discover how data and events can be bound in Angular 2 applications
- Use data-driven and template forms in Angular
- Format data using built-in pipes and by creating custom pipes
- Add multiple views, send parameters and sub-views in Angular applications
- Test Components, Services, HTTP calls and forms
- Debug Angular applications and bundle them with webpack
- Implement authentication in Angular apps and make secured calls to APIs
As a bonus, this Special Edition of Angular Essentials comes with guided learning chapters for Ignite UI (Download the free Trial Version) « less
* Written by the creator of the Angular router, giving you the best information straight from the source
* Get full coverage of the entire Angular Router library and understand exactly how every command works
* Essential for all serious users of Angular who need to manage states within more » their applications
Managing state transitions is one of the hardest parts of building applications. This is especially true on the web, where you also need to ensure that the state is reflected in the URL. In addition, you might want to split applications into multiple bundles and load them on demand. Doing this transparently isn't easy. The Angular router solves these problems. Using the router, you can declaratively specify application states, manage state transitions while taking care of the URL, and load bundles on demand.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the role of the Angular router and how to make the most of it
* Build and parse complex URLs
* Learn about the componentless and empty-path routes
* Take control of states in your application
* Make use of imperative navigation
* Understand guards and how they can benefit your applications
* Optimize configuration and run tests on your routing « less
Author Frederik Dietz uses AngularJS Succinctly to outline common tasks and challenges for developers using Angular.js. With his help, novices and experts alike will find a reference that clearly outlines a variety of challenges, their solutions, and technical explanations for how the challenges are more » overcome. Whether you are a novice looking to understand Angular.js or an expert seeking a reference guide, AngularJS Succinctly is indispensable! « less
Learn to harness the power of modern web browsers from within your application’s code
Each topic is covered clearly and concisely and is packed with the details you need to learn to be truly effective. The most important features are given a no-nonsense in-depth treatment and chapters include common problems and details of how to avoid them.
What you’ll learn * Gain a solid architectural understanding of the MVC Pattern
* Learn how to create rich and dynamic web app clients using Angular 2
* Learn how to extend and customize Angular 2
* Learn how to test your Angular 2 projects
Who this book is for
* First look to the Angular 2 Components architecture
* Creating your own Angular 2 Component
* Integrating your components with third party components
This book is a concise guide to Angular 2 Components and is based on the stable version of Angular 2. You will start more » with learning about the Angular 2 Components architecture and how components differ from Angular directives in Angular 1. You will then move on to quickly set up an Angular 2 development environment and grasp the basics of TypeScript. With this strong foundation in place, you will start building components.
The book will teach you, with an example, how to define component behavior, create component templates, and use the controller of your component. You will also learn how to make your components communicate with each other. Once you have built a component, you will learn how to extend it by integrating third-party components with it. By the end of the book, you will be confident with building and using components for your applications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Break your application into reusable dynamic components
* Take advantage of TypeScript in Angular 2
* Migrate your Angular 1 directive to an Angular 2 Component
* Understand the Angular 2 component structure and APIs
* Hook to component life cycle events
* Bind dynamic data to your component properties
* Communicate with other components using events
* Compose complicated UIs from simple components
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nir runs three local Angular community meetup groups in Israel. He also collaborates with other local Angular communities around the world.
He also enjoys writing articles to promote and explain Angular 2's specific features on his blog (https://medium.com/@ttemplier/) and on the Restlet blog (http://restlet.com/blog/author/thierry-templier/).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Angular 2 Component Architecture
2. Setting Up an Angular 2 Development Environment with angular-cli
3. The TypeScript Primer
4. Building a Basic Component
5. Building Dynamic Components
6. Component Communication
7. Putting It All Together
8. Integrating Third-Party Components
9. Angular 2 Directives « less
The Learn With series will teach you about Enterprise programming technologies by building an application.
Each entry in the series builds the same application, using different technologies. This book uses AngularJS and Bootstrap for the user Interface, with ColdFusion powering live services.
The more » books contain step-by-step instructions on how to build a task manager application. The application is designed to highlight functionality that my Enterprise consulting clients commonly require, so it will be good preparation for your day job as a programmer. « less
Your quick, no-nonsense guide to building real-world apps with Angular 2
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* The first and best overview of Angular 2 on the market this guide gathers together everything there is to know about Angular 2 and groups it into intuitive sections.
* This book is your detailed map of every feature and its use cases.
* The author has done all the hard work of fitting more » everything Angular 2 means for developers together for you, making this book the quickest way to learn Angular 2 from scratch.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Set up your working environment in order to have all the tools you need to start building Angular 2 components with minimum effort
* Take full control of how your data is rendered and updated upon data changes
* Build powerful web applications based on structured component hierarchies that emit and listen to events and data changes throughout the elements tree
* Explore how to consume external APIs and data services and allow data editing by harnessing the power of web forms made with Angular 2
* Deliver seamless web navigation experiences with application routing and state handling common features with ease
* Discover how to bulletproof your applications by introducing smart unit testing techniques and debugging tools
Angular 2 was conceived as a complete rewrite in order to fulfill the expectations of modern developers who demand blazing fast performance and responsiveness from their web applications.
This book will help you learn the basics of how to design and build Angular 2 components right from the beginning, providing full coverage of the TypeScript syntax required to follow the examples included. From that point on, we will build upon our first components, interconnect them, and give shape to larger web applications. We will then move to implementing routing in Angular 2, analyzing how to handle application states, and navigating from one component to another in depth. After this, the book features full coverage of web forms and user input validation, later leveraging all of this information to go through the basics of implementing user authentication in Angular 2 and providing a bird's eye view of the different strategies at hand to secure pages and areas of your website. Animating components and DOM elements with Angular 2 is also covered in this book. The final part of this book provides broad insights into how to unit test components and other modules such as services, directives, routes or pipes.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book covers everything there is to know about getting well-acquainted with Angular without bogging you down. Everything is neatly laid out under clear headings for quick consultation, offering you the information required to understand a concept immediately, with short relevant examples of each feature. « less
Learn to build component-based user interfaces of the future using Angular 2
* Developers will be able to make better websites right away by building the example components in the book
* You'll learn new ways of conceptualizing how to design your web applications, which will prepare you to keep making more sophisticated projects
* Learning these concepts and building more » these apps will put developers ahead of the curve in preparing for "tomorrow's Internet," as component-based development and component-centric thinking are increasingly in demand
Through this book, you will learn how to use Angular 2 and its component-based architecture in order to develop modern user interfaces. A new holistic way of thinking about UI development will be established throughout this book, and you will discover the power of Angular 2 components through many examples. This book is based on Release Candidate 1(RC1) of Angular 2.
On this journey, you'll discover the benefits of component-based user interfaces over the classical MVC design. Also, you will get a chance to compare a classical MVC with a component-based approach and understand the challenges of modern user interfaces. You will learn the very basics of the required core technologies and the setup needed to get going with Angular 2, and progressively enhance your understanding of Angular 2 components by working on the example application.
After reading the book and following the example application, you will have built a small-to-mid-sized application with Angular 2 using a component-based UI architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the concept of a component-based UI architecture
* Grasp Angular 2 core concepts
* See the technologies used to work with Angular 2 (mainly ES6)
* Perform basic and advanced tasks using Angular 2 components
* Use dependency injection within Angular 2 components
* Test Angular 2 components with testing frameworks
* Structure an application using Angular 2
* Build an entire application from A to Z using Angular 2
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He currently works for the start-up company oddEVEN in Zurich, where they help customers build websites and applications. Besides working for oddEVEN, Gion is a head instructor at the SAE Institute in Zurich and loves to get his students enthusiastic about the Web.
He is also the creator of the responsive charting library Chartist, and he loves to contribute to the open source community whenever he finds time.
When Gion is not busy with web technologies, you can probably find him at his home music studio, outdoors, fishing, or spending quality time with his girlfriend and their cute little dog.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Component-Based User Interfaces
2. Ready, Set, Go!
3. Composing with Components
4. No Comments, Please!
5. Component-Based Routing
6. Keeping Up with Activities
7. Components for User Experience
8. Time Will Tell
9. Spaceship Dashboard
10. Making Things Pluggable
11. Putting Things to the Test
12. Task Management Application Source Code « less