* Create powerful, end-to-end applications for Blockchain using Ethereum
* Write your first program using the Solidity programming language
* Change the way you think and design your applications by using the all new database-Blockchain
Blockchain is a decentralized more » ledger that maintains a continuously growing list of data records that are secured from tampering and revision. Every user is allowed to connect to the network, send new transactions to it, verify transactions, and create new blocks, making it permission-less.
This book will teach you what Blockchain is, how it maintains data integrity, and how to create real-world Blockchain projects using Ethereum. With interesting real-world projects, you will learn how to write smart contracts which run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship, or third-party interference, and build end-to-end applications for Blockchain.
You will learn about concepts such as cryptography in cryptocurrencies, ether security, mining , smart contracts, solidity, and more. You will also learn about web sockets, various API services for Ethereum, and much more.
The blockchain is the main technical innovation of bitcoin, where it serves as the public ledger for bitcoin transactions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Walk through the basics of the Blockchain technology
* Implement Blockchain's technology and its features, and see what can be achieved using them
* Build DApps using Solidity and Web3.js
* Understand the geth command and cryptography
* Create Ethereum wallets
* Explore consortium blockchain
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Narayan Prusty is currently working at a Blockchain company (Attores). Attores platform is an Ethereum product.
Narayan writes Smart Contracts and also build the front end using Web3.js. He has been working on Ethereum for last 6 months.
You can connect with him on LinkedIn at https://in.linkedin.com/in/narayanprusty. You can tweet him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/narayanprusty. Or you can check out his company s website, http://qnimate.com/.
Foundations of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Programming for Beginners
Learn how to use Solidity and the Ethereum project – second only to Bitcoin in market capitalization. Blockchain protocols are taking the world by storm, and the Ethereum project, with its Turing-complete scripting language Solidity, has rapidly become a front-runner. This bookpresents the blockchain more » phenomenon in context; then situates Ethereum in a world pioneered by Bitcoin.
What You’ll Learn
* See how Ethereum (and other cryptocurrencies) work
* Compare distributed apps (dapps) to web apps
* Rrite Ethereum smart contracts in Solidity language
* Deploy your own dapp, coin, and blockchain
* Work with basic and intermediate smart contracts
Who This Book Is For
Experts will find the advanced sample projects in this book rewarding because of the power of Solidity « less
* Get to grips with the underlying technical principles and implementations of blockchain.
* Build powerful applications using Ethereum to secure transactions and create smart contracts.
* Explore cryptography, mine cryptocurrencies, and solve scalability issues with this comprehensive more » guide.
Blockchain is a distributed database that enables permanent, transparent, and secure storage of data. The blockchain technology is the backbone of cryptocurrency – in fact, it's the shared public ledger upon which the entire Bitcoin network relies – and it's gaining popularity with people who work in finance, government, and the arts.
Blockhchain technology uses cryptography to keep data secure. This book gives a detailed description of this leading technology and its implementation in the real world.
This book begins with the technical foundations of blockchain, teaching you the fundamentals of cryptography and how it keeps data secure. You will learn about the mechanisms behind cryptocurrencies and how to develop applications using Ethereum, a decentralized virtual machine. You will explore different blockchain solutions and get an exclusive preview into Hyperledger, an upcoming blockchain solution from IBM and the Linux Foundation. You will also be shown how to implement blockchain beyond currencies, scability with blockchain, and the future scope of this fascinating and powerful technology.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Master the theoretical and technical foundations of blockchain technology
* Fully comprehend the concept of decentralization, its impact and relationship with blockchain technology
* Experience how cryptography is used to secure data « less
DON’T LOOK ANY FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT BLOCKCHAIN TODAY!
Nobody likes banks and, for a lot of people, it's for good reason. You go to the teller window five minutes before closing time and she won't acknowledge you because she just wants to close up and go home. Your Paypal account is tied more » to the banking system and they may yank your account access simply because you got an unusually large payment for something you sold on eBay.
You wonder if the homeless aren't caught in some kind of Catch-22 where they can't get access to a decent apartment without a bank account and can't get a bank account without a photo ID that includes their home address.
All of these are good points that could be solved with a new digital currency called Bitcoin. Bitcoin is always open for business and won't ignore you even when you want to use it to have a pizza delivered at two in the morning. It won't shut you out simply because you received a transaction worth thousands of dollars from someone buying your car. If you want to use it, literally all you need to do is download the wallet on a laptop or tablet.
This is made possible by technology that doesn't care about much of anything except whether you have a device that can link to the Internet even if it means soaking up the free Wi-Fi at the coffee shop and the ability to copy-and-paste a string of letters and numbers or scan a QR code. It's called the Blockchain, a decentralized ledger that keeps track of debits and credits for all Bitcoin users.
There are many ways that the Blockchain can benefit entrepreneurs beyond the fact that it's associated with a currency that makes fraudulent chargebacks impossible. It can be used for many applications that require a reliable and tamper-resistant means of record-keeping. It can be used to give you a competitive edge in a world where the economy is becoming increasingly global and customers increasingly care about how their goods are produced and can hop from one “next big thing” to the next pretty fast.
If you're looking at the Blockchain, you probably have a few questions that this book will answer for you. HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* What is The Blockchain?
* What Can The Blockchain Be Used For?
* The Blockchain As Part Of Future Economics
* Does The Blockchain Have Any Weaknesses?
* And Much Much More... « less
Harnessing Bitcoin's Blockchain Technology
Take advantage of Bitcoin’s underlying technology, the blockchain, to build massively scalable, decentralized applications known as dapps. In this practical guide, author Siraj Raval explains why dapps will become more widely used—and profitable—than today’s most popular web apps. You’ll learn how the more » blockchain’s cryptographically stored ledger, scarce-asset model, and peer-to-peer (P2P) technology provide a more flexible, better-incentivized structure than current software models.
Once you understand the theory behind dapps and what a thriving dapp ecosystem looks like, Raval shows you how to use existing tools to create a working dapp. You’ll then take a deep dive into the OpenBazaar decentralized market, and examine two case studies of successful dapps currently in use.
* Learn advances in distributed-system technology that make distributed data, wealth, identity, computing, and bandwidth possible
* Build a Twitter clone with the Go language, distributed architecture, decentralized messaging app, and peer-to-peer data store
* Learn about OpenBazaar’s decentralized market and its structure for supporting transactions
* Explore Lighthouse, a decentralized crowdfunding project that rivals sites such as Kickstarter and IndieGogo
* Take an in-depth look at La’Zooz, a P2P ridesharing app that transmits data directly between riders and drivers « less