Getting Ember Data to Work With Your API
Ember Data in the Wild: Getting Ember Data to Work With Your API Have a custom API that you aren't sure how to use with Ember Data? Interested in writing your own adapter or serializer? Want to just know more about how Ember Data works? This is the Ember Data book you have been waiting for. Lots of books more » and tutorials start off teaching Ember with Ember Data. This is great, especially if you are in control of your API, but what if you aren't? You do a little research and start seeing terminology like adapters, serializers, transforms, and snapshots and quickly become overwhelmed.
Maybe you've thought to yourself that Ember isn't for you. This was me when I first started with Ember. I wasn't in control of my APIs and the APIs I was using were not built using the Rails conventions. Well, if this sounds familiar, then this book is for you. My goal with this book is to take you from beginner to expert when working with Ember Data and learn how to adapt Ember Data to fit any API. « less
If you're tired of feeling limited by your web development tools, unleash your ambition and start creating ambitious web applications with Ember.
What You Need:You need Ember, Ember CLI, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and a text editor. « less
Build ambitious single-page web applications using the power of Ember.js and Ember CLI
***** About This Book *****
* Build scalable web applications with Ember.js and Ember CLI
* Leverage the working examples to gain more insight into the Ember framework
* Manage dependencies and use the broccoli asset pipeline, the ES6 compatible module system, and more with a strong Ember CLI focus
***** more » Who This Book Is For *****
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Get started with your first Ember.js application using Ember CLI and learn about its MVC pattern
* Understand the object-oriented design principles used in Ember.js including classes and structures
* Discover how to use the Ember.js templating system and default handlers
* Manage your single-page web application states using Ember.js router and customize templates
* Learn to use controllers to communicate display logic to templates
* Communicate with your backend server using Ember Data models
* Build reusable Ember.js components and learn how to customize them
***** In Detail *****
Ember.js Web Development with Ember CLI is for the next generation of web developers who want to build powerful single-page web applications using the simplicity of Ember CLI and the sophistication of the upcoming Ember 2.0. Starting with an introduction to Ember.js, you will explore its object-oriented pattern, cover classes and other properties, diving into great techniques to define your routes when managing applications, and using object and array controllers to encapsulate the application display logic.
Unlike many other books that merely skim the surface, this book has a strong focus on Ember CLI, which will soon be the de facto mode for building apps with Ember. « less
Through more » the course of the book, you'll learn how to build a prototype Ember application (a musician index called Rock'n'Roll Call), using routers, templates, models, controllers, and views. You'll also understand how Ember's convention over configuration approach helps you persist data, build backend technologies, and create widgets for developing production-capable applications that behave like desktop software. « less
Ember.js in Action is a crisp tutorial that introduces the Ember.js framework and shows you how to build production-quality web applications. You'll begin with the basic architecture: client- and server-side MVC, integrating Ember.js with your favorite back end, handling data ... and more. more » You'll explore the amazing Handlebars templating engine that automatically updates your apps when the data behind them changes. Along the way, you'll develop a complete Ember.js application and learn how to deploy, administer, and update it efficiently.
About the Technology
About the Book
Ember.js in Action introduces the Ember.js framework and shows you how to build full-featured, desktop-quality web applications. You'll begin with the basic architecture: client- and server-side MVC and how to integrate Ember.js with your favorite back end. Then you'll explore the amazing Handlebars templating engine that automatically updates your apps when the data behind them changes. Along the way, you'll develop a complete Ember.js application and learn how to deploy, administer, and update it efficiently.
* Working with Ember Data
* Mastering Handlebars templates
* Covers Ember.js 1.0
About the Author
Joachim Haagen Skeie is an experienced web application developer and the author of Montric, an open source monitoring tool built using Ember.js.
Table of Contents
1. PART 1 EMBER.JS FUNDAMENTALS
2. Powering your next ambitious web application
3. The Ember.js way
4. Putting everything together using Ember.js Router
5. Automatically updating templates with Handlebars.js
6. PART 2 BUILDING AMBITIOUS WEB APPS FOR THE REAL WORLD
7. Bringing home the bacon—interfacing with the server side using Ember Data
8. Interfacing with the server side without using Ember Data
9. Writing custom components
10. Testing your Ember.js application
11. PART 3 ADVANCED EMBER.JS TOPICS
12. Authentication through a third-party system—Mozilla Persona
13. The Ember.js run loop—Backburner.js
14. Packaging and deployment « less
Your first step in creating amazing web applications
Instant Ember.js Application Development: How-to - is a practical guide that provides you with clear step-by-step examples. The in-depth examples take into account the key concepts and give you a solid foundation to expand your knowledge and your skills. « less