Test your knowledge and prepare for the OCA/OCP exams OCA/OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Practice Tests complements the Sybex OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Certification Study Guide and the OCP: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide for exams 1Z0-808 and more » 1ZO-809 by providing last minute review of 100% of exam objectives. Get the advantage of over 1,000 expert crafted questions that not only provide the answer, but also give detailed explanations. You will have access to unique practice questions that cover all 21 objective domains in the OCA/OCP exams in the format you desire--test questions can also be accessed via the Sybex interactive learning environment. Two additional practice exams will ensure that you are ready for exam day. Whether you have studied with Sybex study guides for your OCA/OCP or have used another brand, this is your chance to test your skills.
* Access to all practice questions online with the Sybex interactive learning environment
* Over 1,000 unique practice questions and 2 practice exams include expert explanations
* Covers 100% of all 21 OCA/OCP objective domains for Exams 1Z0-809 and 1Z0-809
Studying the objectives are one thing, but diving deeper and uncovering areas where further attention is needed can increase your chance of exam day success. Full coverage of all domains shows you what to expect on exam day, and accompanying explanations help you pinpoint which objectives deserve another look. « less
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Unique among Java tutorials, A Programmer’s Guide to Java® SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): A Comprehensive Primer combines an integrated, expert introduction to Java SE 8 with comprehensive coverage of Oracle’s new Java SE 8 OCA exam 1Z0-808.
Based on Mughal and Rasmussen’s highly regarded more » guide to the original SCJP Certification, this streamlined volume has been thoroughly revised to reflect major changes in the new Java SE 8 OCA exam. It features an increased focus on analyzing code scenarios and not just individual language constructs, and each exam objective is thoroughly addressed, reflecting the latest Java SE 8 features, API classes, and best practices for effective programming.
Other features include
* Summaries that clearly state what topics to read for each objective of the Java SE 8 OCA exam
* Dozens of exam-relevant review questions with annotated answers
* Programming exercises and solutions to put theory into practice
* A mock exam with realistic questions to find out if you are ready to take the official exam
* An introduction to essential concepts in object-oriented programming (OOP) and functional-style programming
* In-depth coverage of declarations, access control, operators, flow control, OOP techniques, lambda expressions, key API classes, and more
* Program output demonstrating expected results from complete Java programs
* Advice on avoiding common pitfalls in writing Java code and on taking the certification exam
* Extensive use of UML (Unified Modeling Language) for illustration purposes « less
Cay Horstmann's sixth edition of Big Java, Early Objects provides an approachable introduction to fundamental programming techniques and design skills, helping students master basic concepts and become competent coders. Updates for the Java 8 software release and additional visual design elements make more » this student-friendly text even more engaging. The text is known for its realistic programming examples, great quantity and variety of homework assignments, and programming exercises that build student problem-solving abilities. This edition now includes problem solving sections, more example code online, and exercise from Science and Business. This text is an unbound, three hole punched version. « less
Build an automated currency trading bot from scratch with java. In this book, you will learn about the nitty-gritty of automated trading and have a closer look at Java, the Spring Framework, event-driven programming, and other open source APIs, notably Google's Guava API. And of course, development will more » all be test-driven with unit testing coverage.
The central theme of Building Trading Bots Using Java is to create a framework that can facilitate automated trading on most of the brokerage platforms, with minimum changes. At the end of the journey, you will have a working trading bot, with a sample implementation using the OANDA REST API, which is free to use.
What You'll Learn
* Find out about trading bots
* Discover the details of tradeable instruments and apply bots to them
* Track and use market data events
* Place orders and trades
* Work with trade/order and account events
Who This Book Is For
Experienced programmers new to bots and other algorithmic trading and finance techniques. « less
Volume II - Advanced Features
Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java®, Volume II—Advanced Features, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited more » and innovative version of Java in years: Java SE 8. Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate powerful new Java features, idioms, and best practices for enterprise and desktop development, it contains hundreds of up-to-date example programs—all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability.
Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann deepens your understanding of today’s Java language and library. In this second of two updated volumes, he offers in-depth coverage of advanced topics including the new Streams API and date/time/calendar library, advanced Swing, security, code processing, and more. This guide will help you
* Use the new Streams library to process collections more flexibly and efficiently
* Efficiently access files and directories, read/write binary or text data, and serialize objects
* Work with Java SE 8’s regular expression package
* Make the most of XML in Java: parsing, validation, XPath, document generation, XSL, and more
* Efficiently connect Java programs to network services
* Program databases with JDBC 4.2
* Elegantly overcome date/time programming complexities with the new java.time API
* Write internationalized programs with localized dates/times, numbers, text, and GUIs
* Process code with the scripting API, compiler API, and annotation processors
* Enforce security via class loaders, bytecode verification, security managers, permissions, user authentication, digital signatures, code signing, and encryption
* Master advanced Swing components for lists, tables, trees, text, and progress indicators
* Produce high-quality drawings with the Java 2D API
* Use JNI native methods to leverage code in other languages
If you’re an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 8, Core Java®, Tenth Edition, is the reliable, practical, and complete guide to the Java platform that has been trusted by developers for over twenty years.
Look for the companion volume, Core Java®, Volume I—Fundamentals, Tenth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-417730-4), for foundational coverage of Java 8 language concepts, UI programming, objects, generics, collections, lambda expressions, concurrency, functional programming, and more. « less
Volume I - Fundamentals
Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java®, Volume I—Fundamentals, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited and more » innovative version of Java in years: Java SE 8. Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate new Java SE 8 features, idioms, and best practices, it contains hundreds of example programs—all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability.
Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann helps you achieve a deep understanding of the Java language and library. In this first volume of the two-volume work, Horstmann focuses on fundamental language concepts and the foundations of modern user interface programming. You’ll find in-depth coverage of topics ranging from Java object-oriented programming to generics, collections, lambda expressions, Swing UI design, and the latest approaches to concurrency and functional programming. This guide will help you
* Leverage your existing programming knowledge to quickly master core Java syntax
* Understand how encapsulation, classes, and inheritance work in Java
* Master interfaces, inner classes, and lambda expressions for functional programming
* Improve program robustness with exception handling and effective debugging
* Write safer, more readable programs with generics and strong typing
* Use pre-built collections to collect multiple objects for later retrieval
* Master concurrent programming techniques from the ground up
* Build modern cross-platform GUIs with standard Swing components
* Deploy configurable applications and applets, and deliver them across the Internet
* Simplify concurrency and enhance performance with new functional techniques
If you’re an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 8, Core Java®, Tenth Edition, will be your reliable, practical companion—now and for many years to come.
Look for the companion volume, Core Java®, Volume II—Advanced Features, Tenth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-417729-8), for coverage of Java 8 streams, input and output, XML, databases, annotations, and other advanced topics.
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available. « less
Functional Reactive Programming teaches the concepts and applications of FRP. It offers a careful walk-through of core FRP operations and introduces the concepts and techniques you'll need to use FRP in any language.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub more » formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Today's software is shifting to more asynchronous, event-based solutions. For decades, the Observer pattern has been the go-to event infrastructure, but it is known to be bug-prone. Functional reactive programming (FRP) replaces Observer, radically improving the quality of event-based code.
About the Book
* Think differently about data and events
* Eliminate Observer one listener at a time
* Explore Sodium, RxJS, and Kefir.js FRP systems
About the Reader
About the Authors
Stephen Blackheath and Anthony Jones are experienced software developers and the creators of the Sodium FRP library for multiple languages. Foreword by Heinrich Apfelmus. Illustrated by Duncan Hill.
Table of Contents
1. Stop listening!
2. Core FRP
3. Some everyday widget stuff
4. Writing a real application
5. New concepts
6. FRP on the web
8. Operational primitives
9. Continuous time
10. Battle of the paradigms
11. Programming in the real world
12. Helpers and patterns
14. Adding FRP to existing projects
15. Future directions « less
Learn and Test Your Skills
Discover object oriented programming with Java in this unique tutorial. This book uses Java and Eclipse to write and generate output for examples in topics such as classes, interfaces, overloading, and overriding. Interactive Object Oriented Programming in Java uniquely presents its material in a dialogue more » with the reader to encourage thinking and experimentation.
Later chapters cover further Java programming concepts, such as abstract classes, packages, and exception handling. At each stage you’ll be challenged by the author to help you absorb the information and become a proficient Java programmer. Additionally, each chapter contains simple assignments to encourage you and boost your confidence level.
What You Will Learn
* Become proficient in object oriented programming
* Test your skills in the basics of Java
* Develop as a Java programmer
* Use the Eclipse IDE to write your code
Who This Book Is For
Software developers and software testers. « less
Patterns and Practices for Developing Maintainable Applications
The upcoming Java 9 module system will affect existing applications and offer new ways of creating modular and maintainable applications. With this hands-on book, Java developers will learn not only about the joys of modularity, but also about the patterns needed to create truly modular and reliable more » applications. Authors Sander Mak and Paul Bakker teach you the concepts behind the Java 9 module system, along with the new tools it offers. You’ll also gain learn how to modularize existing code and how to build new Java applications in a modular way.
* Understand Java 9 module system concepts
* Master the patterns and practices for building truly modular applications
* Migrate existing applications and libraries to Java 9 modules
* Use JDK 9 tools for modular development and migration « less
Dive into the future of data science and learn how to build the sophisticated algorithms that are fundamental to deep learning and AI with Java
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Go beyond the theory and put Deep Learning into practice with Java
* Find out how to build a range of Deep Learning algorithms using a range of leading frameworks including DL4J, Theano and Caffe
* Whether you're a data scientist or Java developer, dive in and find out how to tackle more » Deep Learning
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for data scientists and Java developers who want to dive into the exciting world of deep learning. It would also be good for machine learning users who intend to leverage deep learning in their projects, working within a big data environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get a practical deep dive into machine learning and deep learning algorithms
* Implement machine learning algorithms related to deep learning
* Explore neural networks using some of the most popular Deep Learning frameworks
* Dive into Deep Belief Nets and Stacked Denoising Autoencoders algorithms
* Discover more deep learning algorithms with Dropout and Convolutional Neural Networks
* Gain an insight into the deep learning library DL4J and its practical uses
* Get to know device strategies to use deep learning algorithms and libraries in the real world
* Explore deep learning further with Theano and Caffe
AI and Deep Learning are transforming the way we understand software, making computers more intelligent than we could even imagine just a decade ago. Deep Learning algorithms are being used across a broad range of industries – as the fundamental driver of AI, being able to tackle Deep Learning is going to a vital and valuable skill not only within the tech world but also for the wider global economy that depends upon knowledge and insight for growth and success. It's something that's moving beyond the realm of data science – if you're a Java developer, this book gives you a great opportunity to expand your skillset.
Starting with an introduction to basic machine learning algorithms, to give you a solid foundation, Deep Learning with Java takes you further into this vital world of stunning predictive insights and remarkable machine intelligence. Once you've got to grips with the fundamental mathematical principles, you'll start exploring neural networks and identify how to tackle challenges in large networks using advanced algorithms. You will learn how to use the DL4J library and apply Deep Learning to a range of real-world use cases. Featuring further guidance and insights to help you solve challenging problems in image processing, speech recognition, language modeling, this book will make you rethink what you can do with Java, showing you how to use it for truly cutting-edge predictive insights. As a bonus, you'll also be able to get to grips with Theano and Caffe, two of the most important tools in Deep Learning today.
By the end of the book, you'll be ready to tackle Deep Learning with Java. Wherever you've come from – whether you're a data scientist or Java developer – you will become a part of the Deep Learning revolution!
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is a step-by-step, practical tutorial that discusses key concepts. This book offers a hands-on approach to key algorithms to help you develop a greater understanding of deep learning. It is packed with implementations from scratch, with detailed explanation that make the concepts easy to understand and follow. « less