* Focus on coding with the new, improved, and powerful tools of VS 2017
* Master improved debugging and unit testing support capabilities
* Accelerate cloud development with the built-in Azure tools
Visual Studio 2017 is the all-new IDE released by Microsoft for developers, more » targeting Microsoft and other platforms to build stunning Windows and web apps. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2017 offers, but also what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
Visual Studio 2017 is packed with improvements that increase productivity, and this book will get you started with the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2017 IDE and C# 7.0. Next, you will learn to use XAML tools to build classic WPF apps, and UWP tools to build apps targeting Windows 10. Later, you will learn about .NET Core and then explore NuGet, the package manager for the Microsoft development platform. Then, you will familiarize yourself with the debugging and live unit testing techniques that comes with the IDE. Finally, you'll adapt Microsoft's implementation of cloud computing with Azure, and the Visual Studio integration with Source Control repositories.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Learn what's new in the Visual Studio 2017 IDE, C# 7.0, and how it will help developers to improve their productivity
* Learn the workloads and components of the new installation wizard and how to use the online and offline installer
* Build stunning Windows apps using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) tools
* Get familiar with .NET Core and learn how to build apps targeting this new framework
* Explore everything about NuGet packages
* Debug and test your applications using Visual Studio 2017
* Accelerate cloud development with Microsoft Azure
* Integrate Visual Studio with most popular source control repositories, such as TFS and GitHub
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kunal Chowdhury has been a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2010, starting with Silverlight to Windows app development. He is also a renowned public speaker, active blogger (by passion), and a software engineer (senior/technical lead) by profession. Over the years, he has acquired profound knowledge on various Microsoft products and helped developers throughout the world with his deep knowledge and experience.
As a technical buff, Kunal has in-depth knowledge of OOPs, C#, XAML, .NET, WPF, UWP, Visual Studio, Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure. He is also proficient in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Scrum methodology. He has written many articles, tips & tricks on his technical blog (kunal-chowdhury) for developers and consumers.
You can contact Kunal via email at email@example.com. You can also follow him on Twitter at @kunal2383 and become a part of his major fans on social media channels for the updates that he shares over there.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What’s new in Visual Studio 2017 IDE?
2. What's new in C# 7.0?
3. Building applications for Windows using XAML Tools
4. Building applications for Windows 10 using UWP Tools
5. Building application with .NET Core
6. Managing NuGet packages
7. Debugging applications with Visual Studio 2017
8. Testing applications with Visual Studio 2017
9. Accelerate cloud development with Windows Azure
10. Working with source controls « less
Over 31 simple yet incredibly effective recipes for installing and managing System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* This is the most practical and up-to-date book covering important new features of System Center 2016 Endpoint protection
* Gain confidence in managing IT and protecting your server against malware and other threats
* Configure and automate reporting features and also prepare yourself more » for a simple and pain-free migration process
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a System Administrator or Engineer using System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection, then this book is for you. You should have a good background with Microsoft products in general, although no knowledge of Endpoint Protection is required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Explore the best practices for Endpoint Protection in System Center Configuration Manager
* Provision the Endpoint Protection Client in a Disk Image in Configuration Manager
* Get to know more about the Security Center
* Configure definition and engine client updates to be optimum for your bandwidth
* Make your application or server work with Endpoint Protection enabled
* Find out how to deal with typical issues that may occur with Endpoint Protection
* Know how to respond to infections that often occur
System Center Configuration Manager is now used by over 70% of all the business in the world today and many have taken advantage engaging the System Center Endpoint Protection within that great product.
Through this book, you will gain knowledge about System Center Endpoint Protection, and see how to work with it from System Center Configuration Manager from an objective perspective.
We'll show you several tips, tricks, and recipes to not only help you understand and resolve your daily challenges, but hopefully enhance the security level of your business.
Different scenarios will be covered, such as planning and setting up Endpoint Protection, daily operations and maintenance tips, configuring Endpoint Protection for different servers and applications, as well as workstation computers. You'll also see how to deal with malware and infected systems that are discovered. You'll find out how perform OS deployment, Bitlocker, and Applocker, and discover what to do if there is an attack or outbreak.
You'll find out how to ensure good control and reporting, and great defense against threats and malware software. You'll see the huge benefits when dealing with application deployments, and get to grips with OS deployments, software updates, and disk encryption such as Bitlocker. By the end, you will be fully aware of the benefits of the System Center 2016 Endpoint Protection anti-malware product, ready to ensure your business is watertight against any threat you could face.
STYLE AND APPROACH
Build robust SCEP and AV policies and discover the new potential of exciting new features of SCEP 2016. « less
Learn how to design, plan, implement, and support a secure remote access solution using DirectAccess in Windows Server 2016. Remote Access has been included in the Windows operating system for many years. With each new operating system release, new features and capabilities have been included to allow more » network engineers and security administrators to provide remote access in a secure and cost-effective manner.
DirectAccess in Windows Server 2016 provides seamless and transparent, always on remote network connectivity for managed Windows devices. DirectAccess is built on commonly deployed Windows platform technologies and is designed to streamline and simplify the remote access experience for end users. In addition, DirectAccess connectivity is bidirectional, allowing administrators to more effectively manage and secure their field-based assets.
Implementing DirectAccess with Windows Server 2016provides a high-level overview of how DirectAccess works. The vision and evolution of DirectAccess are outlined and business cases and market drivers are explained. DirectAccess is evaluated against traditional VPN and this book describes the Windows platform technologies that underpin this solution. In addition, this book:
* Explains how the technology works and the specific IT pain points that it addresses
* Includes detailed, prescriptive guidance for those tasked with implementing DirectAccess using Windows Server 2016
* Addresses real-world deployment scenarios for small and large organizations
* Contains valuable tips, tricks, and implementation best practices for security and performance<
What you’ll learn
* A high-level understanding of the various remote access technologies included in Windows Server 2016.
* Common uses cases for remote access, and how best to deploy them in a secure, stable, reliable, and highly available manner.
* Valuable insight in to design best practices and learn how to implement DirectAccess and VPN with Windows Server 2016 according to deployment best practices.
Who This Book Is For
IT administrators, network, and security administrators and engineers, systems management professionals, compliance auditors, and IT executive management (CIO, CISO) are the target audience for this title. « less
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you'll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly.
About the more » Technology
Businesses rely on a complex patchwork of client computers, physical and virtual servers, middleware, mobile devices, and cloud services. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) sits in the middle of this mix, providing a single administrative control center to deploy and manage Windows servers and applications across your entire infrastructure, including cross-platform management of Mac OS X, Linux, and UNIX. To get up to speed with the day-to-day tasks of managing a system with ConfigMgr, all you need is this book—and a quiet place to eat your lunch.
About the Book
Learn System Center Configuration Manager in a Month of Lunches is a super-practical guide to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In this book, you’ll cut to the chase and learn the administrative procedures and techniques that will keep your systems humming smoothly. Whether you’re a new sysadmin or you already understand the inner workings of Active Directory and Windows Server, you’ll be productive immediately as you work through the 22 self-contained lessons in this handy tutorial.
* Covers the latest build of Configuration Manager
* How to simplify updates, operating system deployment, and reporting
* Cross-platform and mobile management including Linux, OS X, and Windows
* Smart application delivery
About the Reader
No prior experience with System Center Configuration Manager needed.
About the Author
James Bannan is a Cloud and Datacenter Management MVP based in Australia.
Table of Contents
1. Before you begin
2. Setting up your lab environment
3. Making ConfigMgr aware of your environment
4. Managing ConfigMgr devices and users
5. Organizing devices and users
6. Configuring ConfigMgr clients
7. Creating and configuring applications with the AppModel
8. Deploying applications and packages to ConfigMgr clients
9. Ensuring that ConfigMgr clients can access content
10. Keeping ConfigMgr clients patched
11. Preparing to deploy Windows
12. Deploying Windows
13. Advanced deployment of Windows with ConfigMgr and MDT
14. Managing Linux clients
15. Deploying to Linux and Mac clients
16. Managing anti-malware with ConfigMgr
17. Making sure clients are healthy
18. Reporting in ConfigMgr
19. Keeping an eye on your clients
20. What to do when things go wrong
21. Securing ConfigMgr
22. All engines full steam ahead « less
A bestselling Exchange Server guide, updated for the 2016 release Mastering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 is the gold-standard reference for system administrators and first-time users alike. Fully updated to align with the latest release, this expert-led guide provides comprehensive coverage and easy-to-follow more » tutorials for all aspects of Exchange Server installation, configuration, and management. Whether you're migrating from an earlier version or installing Exchange Server for the first time, this book gives you quick access to the answers you need. Step-by-step instructions walk you through planning and design, installation, administration and management, maintenance, and more, so you can get up to speed quickly and get back to work. With a focus on the hands-on details, the Microsoft Certified Masters author team provides practical insight and invaluable guidance on every aspect of Exchange Server 2016, from mastering the basics to leveraging new features.
Microsoft Exchange allows access to e-mail, voicemail, and calendars at any time, from almost any device. The 2016 release is designed specifically to appeal to enterprises; if you've been tasked with the implementation, this guide has the information you need.
* Get up to speed with the latest changes and features
* Understand server configurations, requirements, installation, and migration
* Manage mailboxes, groups, connectivity, and the client access server
* Troubleshoot common issues efficiently and effectively
Exchange Server 2016 shifts even more control to the user, freeing administrators to perform more critical tasks. Beefed-up architecture and more centralized functions have eased configuration and upgrades, and a robust cloud implementation is expected to draw enterprises sooner rather than later. Systems administrators need to become familiar with the latest changes, and Mastering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 is the ultimate reference and tutorial. « less
Over 60 applicable recipes to administer and manage System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Overcome the challenges of administering System Center Configuration Manager when deploying single and multiple-hierarchy sites
* Help your organization to build a custom-line of business apps and also protect the server against malware threats with Endpoint protection
* Get easy more » guidance and best practices to help you work with SCCM
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are an intermediate to advanced administrator who wants to administer SCCM and understand how to solve particular problems/scenarios, then this book is for you. You should have a working knowledge of SCCM, however, knowledge of the latest version is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Administer System Center Configuration Manager
* Upgrade computers from Windows 7/ 8.x to Windows 10, using Serivce Plans to keep Windows 10 machines up to date
* Manage Compliance Settings effectively and monitor it with SSRS
* Manage Sites in System Center Configuration Manager and also learn to create collections, leverage role-based administration (RBA), and support clients over the internet without a VPN connection
* Implement multiple methods to deploy the client, as well as how to be proactive in monitoring client agent health
* Achieve Mobile device management with Microsoft Intune
This practical cookbook is based on the 1602 current branch of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). It shows you how to administer SCCM, giving you an essential toolbox of techniques to solve real-world scenarios. Packed with over 60 task-based and instantly usable recipes, you’ll discover how design a SCCM Infrastructure, and dive into topics such as the recommended SQL configuration for SCCM and how to deploy Windows 10 with Operating System Deployment (OSD).
You will learn to easily manage Windows 10 devices by deploying applications, software updates, and feature upgrades, andl be able to leverage Mobile Device Management (MDM) using SCCM and Microsoft Intune. Finally, you see how to gather the inventory of all your PC park and create reports based on it. By the end of the book, you will have learned the best practices when working with SCCM and have a handy reference guide for troubleshooting.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This cookbook is full of quick recipes that show you how to administer SCCM and will help you understand how to solve particular problems/situations encountered in day-to-day tasks. « less
Covers the Office 365 APIs, Sharepoint Apps, Office Apps, Yammer, Office Graph, Delve, and More
Every day, millions of people use Microsoft Office 365, the subscription version of the world's #1 productivity platform. If you're a developer, Programming Microsoft Office 365 will show you how to build custom solutions that access and interact with their Office 365 data right from within your apps, more » on practically any mobile, web, and desktop platform. Leading Office solutions developer Paolo Pialorsi offers practical, code-rich, task-based coverage of every key aspect of Office 365 development.
You'll learn hands-on, by building a complete, start-to-finish solution with the newest major release of Office 365. Pialorsi shows you how to use Microsoft's new Office 365 APIs to integrate users' mail, calendars, contacts, users, groups, files, folders, and more. You'll learn how to leverage Microsoft's Office 365 APIs whether you're building web apps with.NET, PHP, Java, Python, or Ruby on Rails creating Windows Universal, iOS, or Android, apps or targeting some other platform altogether.
You'll master powerful techniques leveraging SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure Active Directory and other Microsoft cloud services, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Microsoft's new REST APIs, and exciting new products such as Microsoft Delve and Office Graph. Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft's newest development technologies offer unprecedented opportunities to supercharge user and business productivity. One book will help you make the most of those opportunities: Programming Microsoft Office 365." « less
The in-depth, authoritative reference for intermediate to advanced IT professionals. Windows Server 2016: Domain Infrastructure by William Stanek provides solutions, workarounds, tips, and insights for IT pros working with Windows Server 2016. This exhaustive and comprehensive work provides a deep dive more » into the operating system that will teach you how to squeeze every last bit of power and make the most of the features and programs available.
Inside this superbly organized guide, packed with expert advice, you'll find hundreds of timesaving solutions for managing and maintaining Windows Server 2016. Topics covered in this book include:
* Designing Active Directory Infrastructure Managing and maintaining Accounts
* Configuring Account Policies
* Troubleshooting and resetting Accounts
* Planning OUs, Domains and Forests
* Managing Operations Masters and Global Catalogs
* Delegating Authentication
* Managing Domain and Forest Trusts
* Managing Replication and Revising Site Design
* Diagnosing and Resolving Trusts and Authentication Issues
* Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
* Deploying Read-only Domain Controllers
* Monitoring and Troubleshooting Replication
* Creating and Managing GPOs
* Managing Group Policy Inheritance and Processing
* Maintaining and Troubleshooting Group Policy
* And Much, Much More!!
This book, Windows Server 2016: Domain Infrastructure, is designed to be used with other volumes in the Tech Artisans Library for Windows Server 2016, which together provide a definitive resource for all of the core features and enhancements in the operating system. Windows Server expert William Stanek doesn’t just show you the steps you need to follow, he tells you how features work, why you would want to configure them, and how you can optimize them to meet your needs.
Windows Server 2016 is Microsoft’s most powerful, versatile and fully featured operating system yet. Get this book and the others in the Tech Artisans Library to conquer it from the inside out.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Working with Domain User Accounts
Chapter 2. Managing User and Service Accounts
Chapter 3. Managing Groups and Computers
Chapter 4. Active Directory Architecture: The Fundamentals
Chapter 5. Creating and Updating Active Directory Designs
Chapter 6. Understanding Authentication and Trusts
Chapter 7. Planning Your Infrastructure
Chapter 8. Implementing Domain Services
Chapter 9. Managing OUs
Chapter 10. Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers
Chapter 11. Working with Operations Master
Chapter 12. Planning Active Directory Sites
Chapter 13. Active Directory Site Administration
Chapter 14. Implementing Group Policy Infrastructure
Chapter 15. Optimizing Group Policy
Index « less
Fundamentals of Azure
Microsoft Azure Essentials from Microsoft Press is a series of free ebooks designed to help you advance your technical skills with Microsoft Azure.
The first ebook in the series, Microsoft Azure Essentials: Fundamentals of Azure, introduces developers and IT professionals to the wide range of capabilities more » in Azure. The authors - both Microsoft MVPs in Azure - present both conceptual and how-to content for key areas, including:
* Azure Websites and Azure Cloud Services
* Azure Virtual Machines
* Azure Storage
* Azure Virtual Networks
* Azure Active Directory
* Management tools
* Business scenarios
Watch Microsoft Press’s blog and Twitter (@MicrosoftPress) to learn about other free ebooks in the “Microsoft Azure Essentials” series. « less
Over 80 hands-on recipes to effectively administer and manage your Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in enterprise environments
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Implement the commonly used roles and features provided by Windows Server 2012 R2 effectively
* Make your Microsoft network infrastructure more streamlined and efficient than ever
* Hands-on recipes with lots of tips and tricks intended to assist experienced adminstrators
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for system administrators and IT professionals with experience in Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environments who are looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows network
* Navigate the new Server 2012 R2 interface efficiently
* Implement solid networking and security practices into your Windows Server environment
* Design your own PKI and start issuing certificates today
* Connect your remote laptops back to the corporate network using Microsoft's own remote access technologies, including DirectAccess
* Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by configuring Remote Desktop Services
* Compose optimal Group Policies
* Facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting
This book will help you to understand the essential administrative tasks in Windows Server 2012, and will also introduce you to the new features in R2. Starting with familiarizing yourself with the look and feel of Windows Server 2012 R2, you will learn how to navigate through some daily tasks in R2 using the graphical interface, and then reflect on the most common infrastructure tasks needed to create a successful Windows Active Directory environment. You will learn how to compose optimal Group Policies and facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting.
By the end of this book, you will know how to take your Windows Server 2012 R2-powered server and turn it into any common infrastructure role that might be required in your company. « less