ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Power packed hands-on guide to help you become pro-efficient with NativeScript
* Create highly maintainable and feature-rich apps with TypeScript and NativeScript APIs
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book assumes you have a general understanding of TypeScript, have heard of NativeScript and know what it's about, and are familiar with Angular (2.0). You don't need to be an expert in any of these technologies, but having some sense of them before reading is recommended this book, which is ideal for intermediate to advanced users.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Bootstrap a NativeScript for Angular app
* Best practices for project organization
* Style your app with CSS/SASS
* Use Angular together with NativeScript to create cross-platform mobile
* Take advantage of powerful Angular features, such as Dependency Injection, Components, Directives, Pipes, and NgModules right within your NativeScript
* Gain insight into great project organization and best practices
* Use Objective C/Swift and Java APIs directly from TypeScript
* Use rich framework features and third-party plugins
* Style your app with CSS/SASS
* Integrate @ngrx/store + @ngrx/effects to help with state management
* Test your app with Karma and Appium
This book focuses on the key concepts that you will need to know to build a NativeScript for Angular mobile app for iOS and Android. We'll build a fun multitrack recording studio app, touching on powerful key concepts from both technologies that you may need to know when you start building an app of your own. The structure of the book takes the reader from a void to a deployed app on both the App Store and Google Play, serving as a reference guide and valuable tips/tricks handbook.
By the end of this book, you'll know majority of key concepts needed to build a successful NativeScript for Angular app. « less
Presents strategies to designing platform agnostic mobile apps connected to cloud based services that can handle heavy loads of modern computing
* Provides development patterns for platform agnostic app development and technologies
* Includes recommended standards and structures for easy adoption
* more » Covers portable and modular back-end architectures to support service agility and rapid development « less
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Save your marketing time by building for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile platforms simultaneously
* Be an ace at utilizing the features of NativeScript and its ability to communicate with each of the host device libraries natively
* Proficiently, build your fully cross-platform more » communication application exhibiting the fundamentals of NativeScript
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Install and compile your application in NativeScript
* Get important know-how on the NativeScript project structure
* Develop and style your screens for multiple platforms
* Create a full-featured cross-platform communication application
* Import and use several third-party components
* Simplify and deal with device resolution and cross-platform issues
* Test and deploy your application
Whether you have already developed multiple applications or zero applications, this book will help you to develop your next application in a cross-platform framework quickly, saving you a massive amount of time and money.
This book concisely shows you NativeScript's built-in framework that allows you to rapidly develop a fully-working compiled cross-platform application in just a few chapters. It starts by laying the foundation of NativeScript and working through the fundamentals to create a basic shell of the application. Moving on, you'll see how to build a full-fledged application step by step. We'll show you how to use plugins, and how to communicate with the native OS libraries easily so that you can customize your application as if your app was created in Java or Objective C. We then deal with the issues that arise from being cross platform and compensate for the different screen sizes, screen resolutions, and device abilities. Finally, we progress to testing and deploying your app.
STYLE AND APPROACH
A stepwise guide for building cross-platform mobile applications with the help of easy-to-understand examples. « less
Today, mobile is a must for every company, but how you reach users will determinate success or failure. Over high-latency and unreliable cellular networks, performance on mobile is the key to success and conversion.
This book will give you the knowledge and tools to measure your mobile website or more » webapp performance, how to find bottlenecks and the tips to deliver the fastest possible experience to end-users. « less
This concise book walks you through how to get unit testing and test driven development done on Android, specifically using JUnit 4. You'll learn how to do agile development quickly and correctly, with a significant increase in development efficiency and a reduction in the number of defects.
Agile more » practices have made major inroads in Java development, however it's very unusual to see something as basic as unit testing on an Android project. Done correctly, Agile development results in a significant increase in development efficiency and a reduction in the number of defects. Google have finally moved away from JUnit 3 and the developer can now do the more commonly accepted JUnit 4 tests in Android Studio.
Up until now getting JUnit testing up and running in Android was not for the "faint hearted." However, "now it's in Android Studio, there is no excuse," according to the author Godrey Nolan, president of RIIS LLC. Android developers are faced with their own set of problems such as tightly coupled code, fragmentation, immature testing tools all of which can be solved using existing Agile tools and techniques that this short book will teach you.
What You'll Learn:
* What are the key Android unit testing tools and how to use them in Android Studio
* What is the Agile testing pyramid for Android
* When to use Espresso and when to use JUnit
* What is mock testing and how to use Mockito in your Android apps
* What are and how to use third party tools like Hamcrest, Roblectric, Jenkins and more
* How to apply test driven development (TDD) to Android
* How to add unit testing to someone else's code
This book is for Android app developers looking for an edge to build better quality Android apps. Some experience with Java also helpful. « less
Introducing Zurb Foundation 6 is your easy-to-digest brief introduction to this exciting technology for building responsive and mobile-first websites. Using this book, you'll understand the basics of the latest iteration which comes with new and exciting features. You will understand how to incorporate more » Foundation into your HTML file and the various options you have, including typography, utility classes, media, forms, buttons and much more.
This book will jumpstart your knowledge with an easy-to-follow approach so you can come to grips with the latest version of the framework. A downloadable code bundle is also included for you to play with, and therefore understand, the subtle nuances of the latest version.
What You Will Learn
*How to download and incorporate Zurb Foundation into your workflow
*How to use the new grid system, layout, content, and further features
Who This Book Is For
iOS eCommerce App Development with Parse uses a real-world app example to teach you how to build a complete eCommerce iPhone app powered by Parse - the most popular and powerful Platform As A Service (BaaS) provider.
In this comprehensive guide you will learn every step: collecting requirements, architecting more » the app, designing the visual interface, creating the data model, managing products and the shopping cart, processing the payment, and fulfilling the order - always with secure best practice in mind. You will also learn how to manage user account creation, login with ￼Facebook and Twitter, verify users via email, pay with Stripe and Apple Pay, send email with Mailgun, and manage customer payment methods and order history.
Intermediate knowledge of iOS development and object-oriented programming is assumed, and basic knowledge of e-commerce principles will be of benefit too. The author is a successful iPhone app developer whose real-world experience is now brought to print. Master iOS eCommerce app development with Parse using this book today. « less
*** Key Features ***
* Optimize your website or application for an improved mobile performance
* Learn how to create lightweight, intuitive mobile UI and make sure it's supported by a robust application architecture
* Find out how to improve the performance of your applications by asking the right more » design questions at each stage in the development workflow
*** Book Description ***
With users increasingly accessing the web on mobile devices, it's crucial to make sure your website is built to seamlessly fit this radical change in user behavior. Mobile Web Performance Optimization is designed to help you do exactly that – it's been created to help you build fast, and mobile-user-friendly websites and applications. Featuring guidance through a range of techniques and tools essential to modern mobile development, this accessible guide will make sure you're delivering a seamless and intuitive experience for your website's users.
Begin by exploring the fundamental components of mobile web design and website optimization, before learning how to put the concepts into practice. Featuring cross-platform solutions, insights on developing lightweight yet robust UI, and insights on how to successfully manage data, this application development book takes you through every stage in the development process – so you can be confident that you're asking the right questions and using the best tools in the most effective way.
By the end, you'll understand implicitly what it means to ‘build for performance'- you'll be a more confident developer, capable of building projects that adapt to a changing world.
*** What you will learn ***
* Learn the three pillars of mobile performance
* Find out how to ask – and answer – crucial design questions such as ‘mobile or responsive?'
* Monitor and debug your website with the leading browser testing tools
* Make third-party plugins your friend – avoid common issues and pitfalls
*** About the Author ***
S. S. Niranga is a senior tech lead at Netstarter Pvt Ltd, and he has more than 9 years of experience as a software engineer and a web developer. During this period, he has built more than 300 websites including numerous e-commerce websites, such as JAX Tyres, ActiveSkin, Athlete foots, JVC, Pegasus, and the world's first Magento 2 website, Venroy. Also, he is an active developer on Upwork as well.
Niranga is a certified Magento frontend developer, a Microsoft technical specialist, and a scrum master. Currently, he is pursuing a master's degree in IT at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
Niranga has done a few Tech Talk sessions regarding web optimization and e-commerce. This is his first effort as an author.
*** Table of Contents ***
1. Pillars of Mobile Web Performance Optimization
2. Mobile Web Optimization Essentials
3. How to Optimize Your Mobile Website
4. Caching and Optimizing
5. Monitoring and Debugging Our Website
6. Managing Third-Party Components
7. Tips and Tricks « less
Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from more » iOS frameworks.
Stay up-to-date on iOS 9 innovations, such as the new layout constraint notation, expanded UIKit dynamics, revised unwind segues, iPad multitasking, and the Contacts framework. All example code is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
* Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
* Use view controllers to manage multiple interface screens
* Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
* Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
* Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
* Understand further topics, including files, networking, and threads « less
Messaging Protocols for Web and Mobile Devices
Learn how to use messaging technologies to build responsive and resilient applications for mobile devices and web browsers. With this hands-on guide, you'll use the STOMP and MQTT messaging protocols to write iOS and web applications capable of sending and receiving GPS and device sensor data, text messages, more » and alerts.