With .NET Core, cross-platform develop is easier and backward compatibility is no problem. Author Giancarlo Lelli guides you through the fundamentals of .NET Core in his latest book, .NET Core Succinctly. Within its pages you will learn to harness this open-source, cloud-optimized port of the .NET Framework more » for modern apps. « less
* Learn how to use the MVVM software architectural pattern and see the benefits of using it with Windows Presentation Fountain (WPF) * Explore various ways to enhance efficiency through performance tuning and UI automation
* Obtain a deep understanding of data validation and understand more » various methods that suit different situations
Windows Presentation Foundation is rich in possibilities when it comes to delivering an excellent user experience. This book will show you how to build professional-grade applications that look great and work smoothly. We start by providing you with a foundation of knowledge to improve your workflow - this includes teaching you how to build the base layer of the application, which will support all that comes after it. We’ll also cover the useful details of data binding. Next, we cover the user interface and show you how to get the most out of the built-in and custom WPF controls. The final section of the book demonstrates ways to polish your applications, from adding practical animations and data validation to improving application performance. The book ends with a tutorial on how to deploy your applications and outlines potential ways to apply your new-found knowledge so you can put it to use right away. The book also covers 2D and 3D graphics, UI automation, and performance tuning.
What you will learn
* Use MVVM to improve workflow
* Create visually stunning user interfaces
* Perform data binds proficiently Implement advanced data validation
* Locate and resolve errors quickly
* Master practical animations Improve your applications’ performance
About the Author
Sheridan Yuen is a Microsoft .NET MCTS and Oracle Java SCJP certified software developer, living in London, England. His passion for coding made him stand out from the crowd right from the start. From his second year onward at university, he was employed to be a teaching assistant for the first year student coding « less
Over 90 incredible and powerful recipes to help you efficiently use NHibernate in your application
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Master the full range of NHibernate features through detailed example recipes that you can quickly apply to your own applications
* Reduce hours of application development time and get a better application architecture and improved performance
* Create, maintain, and update your more » database structure automatically with the help of NHibernate
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is written for .NET developers who want to use NHibernate and those who want to deepen their knowledge of the platform. Examples are written in C# and XML. Some basic knowledge of SQL is assumed. If you build .NET applications that use relational databases, this book is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Create a persistent object model to move data in and out of your database
* Build the database from your model automatically
* Configure NHibernate for use with WebForms, MVC, WPF, and WinForms applications
* Create database queries using a variety of methods
* Improve the performance of your applications using a variety of techniques
* Build an infrastructure for fast, easy, test-driven development of your data access layer
* Implement entity validation, auditing, full-text search, horizontal partitioning (sharding), and spatial queries using NHibernate Contrib projects
NHibernate is a mature, flexible, scalable, and feature-complete open source project for data access. Although it sounds like an easy task to build and maintain database applications, it can be challenging to get beyond the basics and develop applications that meet your needs perfectly. NHibernate allows you to use plain SQL and stored procedures less and keep focus on your application logic instead. Learning the best practices for a NHibernate-based application will help you avoid problems and ensure that your project is a success.
The book will take you from the absolute basics of NHibernate through to its most advanced features, showing you how to take full advantage of each concept to quickly create amazing database applications. You will learn several techniques for each of the four core NHibernate tasks—configuration, mapping, session and transaction management, and querying—and which techniques fit best with various types of applications. In short, you will be able to build an application using NHibernate by the end of the book.
You will also learn how to best implement enterprise application architecture patterns using NHibernate, leading to clean, easy-to-understand code and increased productivity. In addition to new features, you will learn creative ways to extend the NHibernate core, as well as gaining techniques to work with the NHibernate search, shards, spatial, envers, and validation projects.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book contains recipes with examples organized in functional areas, each containing step-by-step instructions on everything necessary to execute a particular task. The book is designed so you can read it from start to end or just open up any chapter and start following the recipes. « less
This is the first book to describe the recent significant changes to the .NET compilation process and demonstrate how .NET developers can use the new Compiler API to create compelling applications. As an open source compiler, the Compiler API now makes its code available for anyone to use. In this book, more » you’ll get a concise, focused view of this tremendous resource for developers, who can now use any part of the platform implementation to their advantage in analyzing applications, improving code generation, and providing enforceable patterns, all under an OSS model.
You will learn how to analyze your code for defects in a fast, clean manner never available before. You’ll work with solutions and projects to provide automatic refactoring, and you’ll discover how you can generate code dynamically to provide application implementations at runtime
Having the Compiler API available opens a number of doors for .NET developers that were either simply not there before, or difficult to achieve. However, the API is vast, and this concise book provides a valuable roadmap to this new development environment.
What You Will Learn:
* Understand how to generate, compile, and execute code for a number of scenarios
* How to create diagnostics and refactoring to help developers enforce conventions and design idioms
* Experiment with the compiler code base and see what can be done to influence the inner workings of the compilation pipeline
Who This Book Is For:
Experienced .NET developers, but detailed compiler knowledge is not necessary. « less
* Learn how to use the new features of Entity Framework Core 1
* Improve your queries by leveraging some of the advanced features
* Avoid common pitfalls
* Make the best of your .NET APIs by integrating with Entity Framework
Entity Framework is a highly recommended more » Object Relation Mapping tool used to build complex systems. In order to survive in this growing market, the knowledge of a framework that helps provide easy access to databases, that is, Entity Framework has become a necessity. This book will provide .NET developers with this knowledge and guide them through working efficiently with data using Entity Framework Core.
You will start off by learning how to efficiently use Entity Framework in practical situations. You will gain a deep understanding of mapping properties and find out how to handle validation in Entity Framework. The book will then explain how to work with transactions and stored procedures along with improving Entity Framework using query libraries. Moving on, you will learn to improve complex query scenarios and implement transaction and concurrency control. You will then be taught to improve and develop Entity Framework in complex business scenarios. With the concluding chapter on performance and scalability, this book will get you ready to use Entity Framework proficiently.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Master the technique of using sequence key generators
* Validate groups of entities that are to be saved / updated
* Improve MVC applications that cover applications developed using ASP.NET MVC Core 1
* Retrieve database information (table, column names, and so on) for entities
* Discover optimistic concurrency control and pessimistic concurrency control.
* Implement Multilatency on the data side of things.
* Enhance the performance and/or scalability of Entity Framework Core
* Explore and overcome the pitfalls of Entity Framework Core
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He currently works for London-based Simplifydigital as a technical evangelist, and was first awarded as MVP in 2015.
Ricardo maintains a blog, Development With A Dot, where he regularly writes about technical issues. You can read it here: http://weblogs.asp.net/ricardoperes.
He has reviewed Learning NHibernate 4 for Packt.
You can catch up with him at @RJPeres75.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Improving Entity Framework in the Real World
2. Mapping Entities
3. Validation and Changes
4. Transactions and Concurrency Control
6. Advanced Scenarios
7. Performance and Scalability
8. Pitfalls « less
*** Key Features ***
* Get to grips with all the new Visual Studio 2015 features regardless of your preferred programming language
* Apply Visual Studio to all areas of development: writing, debugging, and application lifecycle maintenance
* Straightforward and hands-on advice for building both more » Windows and Android apps
*** Book Description ***
Visual Studio 2015 is the premier tool for developers targeting the Microsoft platform. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project. Visual Studio 2015 is packed with improvements that increase productivity, and this book walks you through each one in succession to help you smooth your workflow and get more accomplished. From customization and the interface to code snippets and debugging, the Visual Studio upgrade expands your options ― and this book is your fast-track guide to getting on board quickly.
Visual Studio 2015 Cookbook will introduce you to all the new areas of Visual Studio and how they can quickly be put to use to improve your everyday development tasks. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2015 offers, but what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
*** What you will learn ***
* Customize the editor's new abilities to fit your development style
* Create apps for Windows
* Use Visual Studio to debug parallel and concurrent programs
* Integrate .NET Framework 4.6 effectively
* Put TypeScript to work in your web applications
* Develop modern C++11 with Visual Studio 2015
* Protect and manage your source code with Team Foundation Server
*** About the Author ***
Jeff Martin has been a contributing writer for InfoQ (http://www.infoq.com) for over four years, focusing on .NET and Microsoft-based platforms. Experienced in writing, testing, and designing software, he enjoys learning about new technologies and explaining them to a broader audience. You can follow his work at InfoQ as .NET lead editor.
*** Table of Contents ***
1. Exploring Visual Studio 2015
2. Getting Started with Universal Windows Platform Apps
3. Web Development
4. .NET Framework Development
5. Debugging Your .NET Application
6. Asynchrony in .NET
7. Unwrapping C++ Development
8. Working with Team Foundation Server 2015
10. Final Polish « less
Take your data access skills to the next level with Entity Framework
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to create, retrieve, update, and delete the data in a relational database using .NET
* Choose from an array of examples in C# and VB.NET that showcase the key concepts of Entity Framework
* This is a fast-paced, practical guide based on the code-first approach for the Entity more » object-relational mapper
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for software developers with some prior experience with the Microsoft .NET framework who want to learn how to use Entity Framework. This book will get you up and running quickly, providing many examples that illustrate all the key concepts of Entity Framework.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand what ORM tools are and what problems they solve
* Set up a .NET application to use Entity Framework
* Write Entity Framework code that creates, updates, and deletes application data in a database
* Learn how to query the data using LINQ and gain insight into how LINQ fits into Entity Framework
* Create a database structure using the Entity Framework configuration API
* Evolve the database structure using migrations
* Write asynchronous code and handle concurrency
* Work with stored procedures and functions using Entity Framework
Entity Framework Code-First enables developers to read and write data in a relational database system using C# or VB.NET. It is Microsoft's answer to demand for an ORM from .NET developers.
This book will help you acquire the necessary skills to program your applications using Entity Framework. You will start with database configuration and learn how to write classes that define the database structure. You will see how LINQ can be used with Entity Framework to give you access to stored data. You will then learn how to use Entity Framework to persist information in a Relational Database Management System. You will also see how you can benefit from writing ORM-based .NET code. Finally, you will learn how Entity Framework can help you to solve database deployment problems using migrations. « less
Learn everything you need to know about performance-oriented programming for the .NET Framework
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Understand the term "performance" and its significance in designing applications
* Dive deep into the internals of CLR, from memory management to the thread lifecycle
* A step-by-step guide with a special focus on designing performance-oriented solutions to handle large datasets
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a .NET developer with an understanding of application development, but want to learn how to optimize the performance of your applications, this is the book for you. Basic knowledge of C# is expected.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the significance of high performance in applications
* Identify different performance concerns for all the mainly used architectures and designs
* Acquaint yourself with the commonly used MVC and MVVM patterns
* Understand the fundamentals of CLR
* Learn more about Task Parallel Library and concepts such as Thread Pool Tuning and parameter injection
* Use PLINQ programming to achieve parallelism
* Design Big Data solutions for handling datasets optimally
* Choose high-performance querying strategies to retrieve and manipulate data
* Execute tests on applications for performance analysis
This book will help you understand what "programming for performance" means, and use effective coding patterns and techniques to optimize your .NET applications. You will begin by understanding what "high performance coding" means, and the different performance concerns. You will see how CLR works and get an understanding of concepts such as memory management, garbage collection, and thread life cycles. You will proceed to learn about the theoretical and practical concepts of PLINQ programming. You will also see what Big Data is, and how to architect a Big Data solution to manipulate large datasets. Finally, you will learn how to launch and analyze a profile session and execute tests against a code block or application for performance analysis.
By the end of this book, you will have a complete understanding of efficient programming using high-performance techniques, and will able to write highly optimized applications. « less
This book is for .NET developers who are developing data-driven applications using ADO.NET or other data access technologies. This book is going to give you everything you need to effectively develop and manage data-driven applications using Entity Framework.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 empowers you to write next-generation applications for any modern environment: mobile, web, cloud, universal Windows 10/8.x, database, and beyond. This end-to-end deep dive will help working developers squeeze maximum productivity out of Microsoft’s powerful new toolset.
The more » authors combine authoritative and detailed information about Microsoft’s latest IDE, with extensive insights and best practices drawn from decades of development experience. Developers will quickly get comfortable with Visual Studio 2015’s updated interface, master its new capabilities, leverage its extensive new support for open standards, and discover multiple opportunities to leverage its .NET 4.6 platform and language improvements.
By focusing entirely on Visual Studio 2015 Professional, the authors go deeper into Microsoft’s core product than ever before. You’ll find expert coverage of everything from debugging through deploying to Azure, IDE extension and automation through cross-platform mobile development. Throughout, this book’s focus is relentlessly practical: how to apply Microsoft’s tools to build better software, faster.
Detailed information on how to...
* Master Visual Studio 2015’s updated interface and key tools: Solutions, Projects, Browsers, Explorers, Editors, and Designers to improve productivity
* Develop robust cross-platform mobile apps for Windows, iOS, and Android using Apache Cordova templates for Visual Studio
* Use the new ASP.NET 5 to build modern web solutions that run on Windows, Mac, or Linux
* Accelerate cloud development with the Azure SDK, QuickStart templates, and Azure management portal
* Create mobile service solutions using ASP.NET Web API and WCF
* Streamline data development across multiple platforms with Entity Framework 7
* Develop modern Microsoft Office business applications
* Perform robust, automated unit testing as you code, increasing your confidence in changes and refactoring
* Extend the VS 2015 IDE and Code Editor by creating custom, productivity-enhancing solutions
Download all examples and source code presented in this book from informit.com/title/9780672337369 as they become available. « less