Centralized RAN, Cloud-RAN and Virtualization of Small Cells
C-RAN and virtualized Small Cell technology poses several major research challenges. These include dynamic resource allocation, self-configuration in the baseband pool, high latency in data transfer between radio unit and baseband unit, the cost of data delivery, high volume of data in the network, software more » networking aspects, potential energy savings, security concerns, privacy of user’s personal data at a remote place, limitations of virtualized environment, etc. This book provides deeper insights into the next generation RAN architecture and surveys the coexistence of SDN, C-RAN and Small Cells solutions proposed in the literature at different levels. « less
CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Exam Cram, Fifth Edition, is the perfect study guide to help you pass the Cisco 200-125 CCNA exam, providing coverage and practice questions for every exam topic. The book contains an extensive set of preparation tools, including topic overviews, ExamAlerts, CramSavers, more » CramQuizzes, chapter-ending review questions, author notes and tips, and an extensive glossary. The book also contains the extremely useful CramSheet tear-out: a collection of essential facts in an easy-to-review format. Complementing all these great study tools is the powerful Pearson Test Prep practice test software, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic practice questions. This assessment software offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, allowing you to test your knowledge in study mode should be.
Covers the critical information you’ll need to know to score higher on your CCNA exam!
* Compare and contrast networking models including OSI and TCP/IP
* Master subnetting in IPv4 u Understand important details of IPv6
* Configure Layer 2 switches, including VLANs, trunks, STP, and Port Security
* Deploy EtherChannel and switch stacking
* Configure and verify Inter-VLAN routing
* Configure, verify, and troubleshoot static and dynamic routing using OSPF, EIGRP, and RIPv2
* Describe basic QoS concepts
* Learn WAN topology and connectivity options and configure PPP, MLPPP, PPPoE, and GRE tunnel connectivity
* Configure and verify single-homed branch connectivity using eBGP IPv4
* Configure and verify key infrastructure services including DNS, DHCP, NTP, HSRP, and NAT
* Configure Cisco device hardening and deploy access layer security, AAA, and ACLs
* Learn how to manage Cisco infrastructure
* Troubleshoot networks using key IOS tools
* Understand network programmability concepts « less
Exam 100-105, Exam 200-105, and Exam 200-125
Preview exam day with 1500 questions tailored to the exam domains CCNA Routing and Switching Practice Tests is your ultimate tool for exam success and compliments the Sybex Deluxe Study Guides and Study Guides for the CCENT and CCNA. Whether you're taking the 200-15 Composite Exam or the two-part 100-105 more » and 200-105 exams, this book gives you the practice you need to study smarter. Seven completely unique 200-question practice tests cover the seven CCNA Routing and Switching objective domains, and two additional unique 50-question practice exams provide even more opportunity to find areas where further review is needed. These 1500 questions cover everything you'll see on the exam—network fundamentals; LAN switching technologies; routing technologies; WAN technologies; and infrastructure services, security, and management—so you can avoid any exam-day surprises. Fully aligned with the latest versions of the exams, this book helps you focus your study time and remove uncertainties so you can face the exam with confidence.
The CCNA Routing and Switching exams test your working knowledge of IP data networks, addressing, routing, and services; network device security; troubleshooting, and more. These practice tests cover it all to help you discover what you already know, what you still need to learn, and what to expect on exam day.
* Get a preview of the types of questions you'll see on the exam
* Pinpoint areas in need of review
* Focus your study time for better results
* Gauge your readiness for any CCNA exam
The CCNA exams cover a broad range of routing and switching topics, and the questions can get fairly in-depth. Practice makes perfect, and practice tests tailored to each of the seven exam domains provide an ideal opportunity to ensure your own top-notch performance. When you're ready to get serious about CCNA certification, CCNA Routing and Switching Practice Tests are your solution for ultimate exam-day confidence. « less
This self-contained book, written by leading experts, offers a cutting-edge, in-depth overview of the filtering and control of wireless networked systems. It addresses the energy constraint and filter/controller gain variation problems, and presents both the centralized and the distributed solutions. more » The first two chapters provide an introduction to networked control systems and basic information on system analysis. Chapters (3–6) then discuss the centralized filtering of wireless networked systems, presenting different approaches to deal with energy efficiency and filter/controller gain variation problems. The next part (chapters 7–10) explores the distributed filtering of wireless networked systems, addressing the main problems of energy constraint and filter gain variation. The final part (chapters 11–14) focuses on the distributed control of wireless networked systems.
In view of the rapid deployment and development of wireless networked systems for communication and control applications, the book represents a timely contribution and provides valuable insights, useful methods and effective algorithms for the analysis and design of wireless networked control systems. It is a valuable resource for researchers in the control and communication communities « less
Learn about the key technologies and understand the state of the art in research for full-duplex communication networks and systems with this comprehensive and interdisciplinary guide. Incorporating physical, MAC, network, and application layer perspectives, it explains the fundamental theories on which more » full-duplex communications are built, and lays out the techniques needed for network design, analysis and optimization. Techniques covered in detail include self-interference cancellation and signal processing algorithms, physical layer algorithms, methods for efficient resource allocation, and game theory. Potential applications and networking schemes are discussed, including full-duplex cognitive radio networks, cooperative networks, and heterogeneous networks. The first book to focus exclusively on full-duplex communications, this is an indispensable reference for both researchers and practitioners designing the next generation of wireless networks. « less
A Practical Guide for Beginners
What can your organization gain by adopting HTTP/2? How about faster, simpler, and more robust websites and applications? This practical guide demonstrates how the latest version of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol can dramatically improve website and application performance. You’ll take a deep dive into more » HTTP/2 details, and learn how this updated protocol is changing the web landscape.
HTTP/1.1 has been the primary means of communicating data across the Web for the past 20 years, but the level of interaction today has gone well beyond what people envisioned in 1997. With this book, authors Stephen Ludin and Javier Garza show you how HTTP/2 will help speed the execution of modern sites and applications.
With this book, you’ll explore:
* Performance challenges that led to the HTTP upgrade
* HTTP/2 in a nutshell, including benefits and transition methods
* How Google’s SPDY networking protocol paved the way for HTTP/2
* Existing best practices and hacks to improve web performance
* HTTP/2 support for browsers, servers, proxies, and content delivery networks
* How the performance of sites using HTTP/2 compares to their HTTP/1.1 experience—including the good, bad, and the ugly
* HTTP/2’s effect on specific issues such as latency, packet loss, and Time to First Byte (TTFB) « less
* Master the skills of configuring, managing, and securing your VPN using the latest OpenVPN
* Gain expertise in establishing IPv6 connections and understand PolarSSL using the latest version of OpenVPN
* This book contains enticing recipes about OpenVPN functionalities that cater to more » mission critical applications
OpenVPN provides an extensible VPN framework that has been designed to ease site-specific customization, such as providing the capability to distribute a customized installation package to clients, and supporting alternative authentication methods via OpenVPN's plugin module interface.
This book provides you with many different recipes to help you set up, monitor, and troubleshoot an OpenVPN network. You will learn to configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm that can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients. You will also get to grips with the encryption, authentication, security, extensibility, and certifications features of OpenSSL.
You will also get an understanding of IPv6 support and will get a demonstration of how to establish a connection via IPv64. This book will explore all the advanced features of OpenVPN and even some undocumented options, covering all the common network setups such as point-to-point networks and multi-client TUN-style and TAP-style networks. Finally, you will learn to manage, secure, and troubleshoot your virtual private networks using OpenVPN 2.4.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Determine the best type of OpenVPN setup for your networking needs
* Get to grips with the encryption, authentication, and certifications features of OpenSSL
* Integrate an OpenVPN server into the local IT infrastructure with the scripting features of OpenVPN
* Ease the integration of Windows clients into the VPN using Windows-specific client-side configuration
* Understand the authentication plugins for PAM and LDAP
* Get to know the difference between TUN-style and TAP-style networks and when to use what
* Troubleshoot your VPN setup
* Establish a connection via IPv6 along with demonstrations « less
* This is the first book on the market that resolves your issues related to troubleshooting OpenVPN
* Ensure your organization's private network is protected 24x7 by resolving OpenVPN issues instantly
* Save time and costs by troubleshooting to reduce the impact on your business
BOOK more » DESCRIPTION
OpenVPN, the most widely used open source VPN package, allows you to create a secure network across systems, keeping your private data secure. Connectivity and other issues are a pain to deal with, especially if they are impacting your business. This book will help you resolve the issues faced by OpenVPN users and teach the techniques on how to troubleshoot it like a true expert. This book is a one stop solution for troubleshooting any issue related to OpenVPN.
We will start by introducing you to troubleshooting techniques such as Packet Sniffing, Log Parsing, and OpenSSL. You will see how to overcome operating system specific errors. Later on, you will get to know about network and routing errors by exploring the concepts of IPv4 and IPv6 networking issues. You will discover how to overcome these issues to improve the performance of your OpenVPN deployment.
By the end of the book, you will know the best practices, tips, and tricks to ensure the smooth running of your OpenVPN.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Diagnose and remediate authentication and authorization problems in OpenVPN
* Overcome simple network and startup script errors
* Learn OpenVPN log file format and verbosity options
* Resolve operating system-specific errors
* Discover various troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems in OpenVPN
* Improve performance « less
Essential Skills for Network Analysis
Wireshark is the world's most popular network analyzer tool with over 1 million downloads per month. As the Founder of Wireshark University, Laura Chappell is undoubtedly one of the best Wireshark instructors around.
In this updated book, Laura offers step-by-step instructions on the key functions more » and features of Wireshark, including:
* Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
* Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
* Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
* Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
* Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
* Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
* Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
* Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
* Export important packet details to .csv format
* ...and more
This book includes 46 step-by-step Labs to quickly bring you up to speed with Wireshark version 2 regardless of whether you are a newbie or already working with Wireshark today! « less