Transform Your Business Systems into an Analytical Powerhouse
Automate the predictive analytics process using Oracle Data Miner and Oracle R Enterprise. This book talks about how both these technologies can provide a framework for in-database predictive analytics. You'll see a unified architecture and embedded workflow to automate various analytics steps such as more » data preprocessing, model creation, and storing final model output to tables.
You'll take a deep dive into various statistical models commonly used in businesses and how they can be automated for predictive analytics using various SQL, PLSQL, ORE, ODM, and native R packages. You'll get to know various options available in the ODM workflow for driving automation. Also, you'll get an understanding of various ways to integrate ODM packages, ORE, and native R packages using PLSQL for automating the processes.
Data Science Automation UsingOracleData Miner and Oracle R Enterprisestarts with an introduction to business analytics, covering why automation is necessary and the level of complexity in automation at each analytic stage. Then, it focuses on how predictive analytics can be automated by using Oracle Data Miner and Oracle R Enterprise. Also, it explains when and why ODM and ORE are to be used together for automation.
The subsequent chapters detail various statistical processes used for predictive analytics such as calculating attribute importance, clustering methods, regression analysis, classification techniques, ensemble models, and neural networks. In these chapters you will also get to understand the automation processes for each of these statistical processes using ODM and ORE along with their application in a real-life business use case.
What you'll learn
* Discover the functionality of Oracle Data Miner and Oracle R Enterprise
* Gain methods to perform in-database predictive analytics
* Use Oracle's SQL and PLSQL APIs for building analytical solutions
* Acquire knowledge of common and widely-used business statistical analysis techniques
Who this book is for
* IT executives, BI architects, Oracle architects and developers, R users and statisticians. « less
Proven Database Optimization Solutions―Fully Updated for Oracle Database 12c Release 2
Systematically identify and eliminate database performance problems with help from Oracle Certified Master Richard Niemiec. Filled with real-world case studies and best practices, Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Performance more » Tuning Tips and Techniques details the latest monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization methods. Find out how to identify and fix bottlenecks on premises and in the cloud, configure storage devices, execute effective queries, and develop bug-free SQL and PL/SQL code. Testing, reporting, and security enhancements are also covered in this Oracle Press guide.
• Properly index and partition Oracle Database 12c Release 2
• Work effectively with Oracle Cloud, Oracle Exadata, and Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Efficiently manage disk drives, ASM, RAID arrays, and memory
• Tune queries with Oracle SQL hints and the Trace utility
• Troubleshoot databases using V$ views and X$ tables
• Create your first cloud database service and prepare for hybrid cloud
• Generate reports using Oracle’s Statspack and Automatic Workload Repository tools
• Use sar, vmstat, and iostat to monitor operating system statistics « less
Including Oracle 12c Release 2
So it’s time to upgrade Oracle Database to version 12c and you need to choose the appropriate method while considering issues such as downtime. This book explains all of the available upgrade and migration methods so you can choose the one that suits your environment. You will be aware of the practical more » issues and proactive measures to take to upgrade successfully and reduce unexpected issues. You will learn best practices and recommendations for upgrading and will learn the patching process.
With every release of Oracle Database there are new features and fixes to bugs identified in previous versions. As each release becomes obsolete, existing databases need to be upgraded.Oracle Database Upgrade and Migration Methodsexplains each method along with its strategy, requirements, steps, and known issues that have been seen so far. The book also compares the methods to help you choose the proper method according to your constraints.
Also included in this book:
* Pre-requisite patches and pre-upgrade steps
* Patching to perform changes at the binary and database level to apply bug fixes
* Steps for upgrading using existing database backup
* Database downgrade steps in case the upgraded database isn’t compatible with your environment
* Steps to upgrade in a variety of environments, including high availability, multi-tenant, and e-business « less
This book presents a process-based approach to implementing Oracle’s Identity and Access Management Suite. Learn everything from basic installation through to advanced topics such as leveraging Oracle Virtual Directory and Identity Federation. Also covered is integrating with applications such as Oracle more » E-Business Suite and WebCenter Content.Pro Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite provides real world implementation examples that make up a valuable resource as you plan and implement the product stack in your own environment. The book and the examples are also useful post-installation as your enterprise begins to explore the capabilities that Identity Management Suite provides.
Implementing an identity management system can be a daunting project. There are many aspects that must be considered to ensure the highest availability and high integration value to the enterprise business units.Pro Oracle Identity and Access Management Suiteimparts the information needed to leverage Oracle’s Identity and Access Management suite and provide the level of service your organization demands. Show results to leadership by learning from example how to integrate cross-domain authentication using identity federation, how to allow user self-service capabilities across multiple directories with Virtual Directory, and how to perform the many other functions provided by Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.
* Presents an example-based installation and configuration of the entire Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite, including high-availability and performance-tuning concepts.
* Introduces concepts such as Split Profiles for Identity Manager, MultiFactor authentication with Oracle Adaptive Access Manager, and Self Service Portals. « less
Build next-generation enterprise portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal
Develop enterprise portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c software and enrich those applications with social computing services, including discussions, documents, blogs, wikis, tags, and links. This book covers all functionalities and aspects from a developer, architect, and administrator point of more » view.
Enterprise portal technology is used for creating intranet and extranet portals which enhance collaboration within a company. The book is intended to complete and fill in the gaps of the official documentation from an administrator and developer perspective.
Beginning Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c provides an overview of the architecture behind Oracle WebCenter Suite and the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform. Sample code written in Java is included along with best practices developed from the authors’ experience of using Oracle WebCenter Portal for building enterprise portals.
What you will learn:
* Enterprise Portal and Oracle WebCenter Portal concepts
* Basic administrator knowledge
* Basic developer knowledge
* Overview of the tools and services offered by Oracle WebCenter Portal
* How to develop Portal Assets using JDeveloper IDE
* How to develop new components(Portlets JSR-286 and ADF Task Flows) using JDeveloper IDE
* REST API integration with Portal
* Enterprise content management with Portal
Who this book is for:
Developers, architects, project managers and portal administrators in the Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) area. IT professionals working in FMW or WebLogic stack can also make use of this book. « less
An Expert Guide to Building Oracle Database Cloud Infrastructures
This is the first complete, practical guide to architecting, designing, and building Database Clouds with Oracle 12c. Written by a veteran author team of Oracle gurus and ACE Directors, Building Database Clouds in Oracle 12c combines a real-world, hands-on operations guide with an expert handbook on more » Oracle Database-As-A-Service (DBaaS) and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
Writing for Oracle DBAs, DMAs, cloud administrators, and other Oracle professionals, the authors present authoritative technical information for database cloud build-out, management, monitoring, and day-to-day administration.
The authors first explain the key concepts underlying DBaaS, describe cloud computing implementations related to it, and outline the business and technology benefits. Next, they show how the Oracle DBA’s approach changes in cloud environments. Then, building on this foundation, they offer insider advice on all key facets of database cloud deployment and operation with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle RAC 12c.
This guide helps you
* Make the business case for cloud computing with DBaaS
* Organize DBA responsibilities in cloud environments
* Plan, design, and deploy Database Clouds with Oracle’s latest components
* Consolidate schema and databases with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
* Use best practices for management, administration metering, and chargeback
* Clone databases quickly and reliably
* Set up grid infrastructure on Oracle VM for x86 or Oracle VM VirtualBox « less
Develop cloud-based applications rapidly using the Oracle Application Express (APEX) platform. You will learn to develop a comprehensive functional business application which can be deployed in your organization.
Cloud Computing Using Oracle Application Expresswill teach you how to develop a complete more » general ledger accounting system which will be accessible through a variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, and the latest smartphones.
What You Will Learn:
* Use new Oracle APEX 5.0 techniques
* Develop a complete general ledger accounting system named The Cloud Accountant
* Develop cloud-based business apps accessible anywhere and anytime
* Enhance your APEX development skills
Who This Book Is For:
Web developers who possess some working knowledge of Oracle Application Express, and developers who have been using Oracle Forms and now wish to use their existing SQL and PL/SQL expertise. « less
Maximum Performance for Your Database
Solving the Database Performance and Scalability Challenge
Practical Efficiency - Efficient Practice
The target of SQL tuning is the improvement of the existing execution plan. The authors discuss the removal of brakes in the execution plan. Such "brakes" or bottlenecks can be recognized by a formal analysis of the execution plan. For this purpose no data model knowledge is needed. This is especially more » beneficial for database administrators because they are usually not or insufficiently familiar with the data model. The book presents numerous practical examples with this method. « less
Master Oracle GoldenGate technology on multiple database platforms using this step-by-step implementation guide. Learn about advanced features to use in building a robust, high-availability replication system. Provided are detailed illustration of Oracle GoldenGate concepts, GoldenGate tools and add-ons, more » as well as illustrative examples. The book covers Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle database, and also discusses setup and configuration for other common databases such as IBM DB2, SYBASE ASE, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
The technology landscape is fast-changing, and Mastering Oracle GoldenGate stays current by covering the new features included in Oracle GoldenGate 12c. The book covers both classic capture and integrated capture, as well as delivery. Also covered are Oracle GoldenGate security and performance tuning, to keep your system secure and performing at its best. You will learn to monitor your GoldenGate system using tools that come with Oracle GoldenGate management pack, as well as using shell scripts. Troubleshooting is well-illustrated with examples:
* Covering Oracle GoldenGate technology across common database brands
* Discussing high-performing and secure replication environments
* Speaking to replication in Big Data and cloud computing environments
What You Will Learn
* Implement Oracle GoldenGate for real time replication
* Secure and tune your replication environment for high performance
* Administer your Oracle GoldenGate environment
* Learn troubleshooting approaches with help of examples
* Learn and make use of GoldenGate Management Pack and its API
* Feed live data into Big Data and cloud-based systems
Who This Book Is ForMastering Oracle GoldenGate is for database professionals who have chosen to ride the Oracle GoldenGate roller coaster for real-time replication solutions. The book is for beginners as well as professionals who are willing to master the leading replication technology in the industry. It is an excellent choice for professionals who are implementing or maintaining Oracle GoldenGate replication environments on any of the major database management system platforms. « less