Develop well-designed, decoupled, and testable single-page applications with Aurelia Leverage the latest web standards to increase code performance, readability, and cross-compatibility Understand how Aurelia is organized and use its innovative MVC approach to design professional-quality more » web apps
In addition to including a comprehensive coverage of various Aurelia framework features, this book will also show you how to utilize these features in the real world to develop a professional single-page web application. You’ll see how to make the most out of Aurelia by understanding the Aurelia workflow and then applying it in real-world development tasks. By the end of the book, you will have learned to develop a clean and maintainable application in Aurelia from scratch.
What you will learn
* Build a modern single-page web application
* Understand the workflow of an Aurelia application
* Design reusable web components, which can be shared and integrated into various frameworks and libraries
* Write clean, modular, and testable code that will be easy to maintain and evolve
* Use all the latest - and even future - web standards, so the application gathers minimal technical debt
About the Author
Manuel Guilbault is a Canadian-born, France-based developer, and works as the CTO of an online marketing startup. After studying software engineering in Montreal, he worked as a full-stack web developer for well-known clients in the press industry, « less
* Leverage Ionic 2 and its exciting new features to create cutting edge real-time apps
* Work through simple recipes to address your problems directly and solve them effectively
* Get examples at each step to guide you on your learning curve
Developing real-time apps more » is the need of the hour, and apps that deal with humongous amounts of user data and real-time information that needs to be updated frequently are in high demand. Currently, one of the most popular frameworks for this task is Ionic Framework, which is undergoing a major makeover.
This book will get you started with Ionic and help you create Angular 2 components that interact with templates. From there, you'll work with Ionic components and find out how to share data efficiently between them. You'll discover how to make the best use of the REST API to handle back-end services and then move on to animating the application to make it look pretty.
You'll learn to add in a local push notification in order to test the app. You'll work with Cordova to support native functionalities on both iOS and Android. From there, you'll get to grips with using the default themes for each platform as well as customizing your own. Finally, you'll see how best to deploy your app to different platforms.
This book will solve all your Ionic-related issues through dedicated recipes that will help you get the best out of Ionic.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Create custom UIs using Angular 2 directives
* Make the best use of REST APIs to submit forms
* Create beautiful animations and graphics in the application
* Embed videos and other media into the app
* Access native device functionalities such as a camera and maps using ngCordova
* Theme the application based on the various platform styles available
* Publish your application to a variety of platforms
* Leverage Angular 2 events and Ionic-specific events to communicate
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He has worked for both start-ups and large companies. By frequently speaking at local meetups as well as cloud computing/big data industry events and conferences, he learns from other experts. He holds an MBA degree from the University of Washington's Michael G. Foster School of Business.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Creating Our First App with Ionic 2
2. Adding Ionic 2 Components
3. Extending Ionic 2 with Angular 2 Building Blocks
4. Validating Forms and Making HTTP Requests
5. Adding Animation
6. User Authentication and Push Notification Using Ionic Cloud
7. Supporting Device Functionalities Using Ionic Native
8. Theming the App
9. Publishing the App for Different Platforms « less
Learn how to build amazing and complex reactive web applications easily with Vue.js
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to propagate DOM changes across the website without writing extensive jQuery callbacks code.
* Learn how to achieve reactivity and easily compose views with Vue.js and understand what it does behind the scenes.
* Explore the core features of Vue.js with small examples, more » learn how to build dynamic content into preexisting web applications, and build Vue.js applications from scratch.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is perfect for novice web developer seeking to learn new technologies or frameworks and also for webdev gurus eager to enrich their experience. Whatever your level of expertise, this book is a great introduction to the wonderful world of reactive web apps.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Build a fully functioning reactive web application in Vue.js from scratch.
* The importance of the MVVM architecture and how Vue.js compares with other frameworks such as Angular.js and React.js.
* How to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js.
* How to use plugins to enrich your applications.
* How to develop customized plugins to meet your needs.
* How to use Vuex to manage global application's state.
Vue.js is one of the latest new frameworks to have piqued the interest of web developers due to its reactivity, reusable components, and ease of use.
This book shows developers how to leverage its features to build high-performing, reactive web interfaces with Vue.js. From the initial structuring to full deployment, this book provides step-by-step guidance to developing an interactive web interface from scratch with Vue.js.
You will start by building a simple application in Vue.js which will let you observe its features in action. Delving into more complex concepts, you will learn about reactive data binding, reusable components, plugins, filters, and state management with Vuex. This book will also teach you how to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js. By the time you finish this book you will have built, tested, and deployed a complete reactive application in Vue.js from scratch.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book is a thorough, step-by-step guide showing readers how to build complete web apps with Vue.js. While teaching its intricacies, this book shows how to implement the MVVM architecture in the real world and build high-performing web interfaces. « less
Master the art of building modern web applications using React
***** About This Book *****
* Write a complete application in React using an array of supporting libraries, both specifically React-related and general purpose
* Understand what makes React stand apart from the vast majority of JS frameworks available through detailed explanations and concise examples
* more » Explore the React ecosystem and how to integrate React with other modern web technologies
***** Who This Book Is For *****
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Understand the React component lifecycle and core concepts such as props and states
* Craft forms and implement form validation patterns using React
* Explore the anatomy of a modern single-page web application
* Develop an approach for choosing and combining web technologies without being paralyzed by the options available
* Create a complete single-page application
* Start coding with a plan using an application design process
* Add to your arsenal of prototyping techniques and tools
* Make your React application feel great using animations
***** In Detail *****
React stands out in the web framework crowd through its approach to composition. This approach yields blazingly fast rendering capabilities. This book will help you understand what makes React special. It starts with the fundamentals and uses a pragmatic approach, focusing on clear development goals. You'll learn how to combine many web technologies surrounding React into a complete set for constructing a modern web
With this text, you'll blitz the basics then swiftly move on to advanced topics such as form validation and complete application construction. You'll also explore several design activities which will help you develop your web applications with a thoughtful plan. Finally, you'll learn several methods for implementing slick animations using React.
***** Style and approach *****
This is a comprehensive, hands-on guide that helps you get a solid understanding of the ins and outs of React development.
For application development, you will get a high view of the anatomy where you will zoom into each part and make decisions by moving through the application's anatomy; selecting a solution that fits the problem and lines up with your goals. « less
Powerful, Effective, Efficient, Full-Stack Web Development
Achieve awesome user experiences and performance with simple, maintainable code! Embrace the full stack of web development, from styling with Bootstrap, building an interactive user interface with Angular 2, to storing data quickly and reliably in PostgreSQL. With this fully revised new edition, take more » a holistic view of full-stack development to create usable, high-performing applications with Rails 5.
Rails is a great tool for building web applications, but it's not the best at everything. Embrace the features built into your database. Learn how to use front-end frameworks. Seize the power of the application stack through Angular 2, Bootstrap, and PostgreSQL. When used together, these powerful and easy-to-use tools will open you to a new world of possibilities. This second edition is updated to cover Angular 2 - a completely reworked front-end framework - and dives into new Postgres 9.5 features such as UPSERT. Also new is Webpack coverage, to develop the front-end code for your Rails application.
Create a usable and attractive login form using Bootstrap's styles, while ensuring the database table backing it is secure using Postgres' check constraints. See how creating an advanced Postgres index for a case-insensitive search speeds up your back end - enabling you to create a dynamic user experience using Angular 2. Create reusable components that bring Bootstrap and Angular together and effectively use materialized views for caching within Postgres. Get your front end working with Webpack, use Postgres' features from migrations, and write unit tests for all of it. All of this within Rails 5.
You'll gain the confidence to work at every level of the application stack, bringing the right solution to every problem.
What You Need:
You will start with the basic concepts and folder structure of a Meteor project, learning how Meteor templates work. Learn how to retrieve and send data to the server and manipulate the database content. Routing will later make your example app look and behave like a real website. Next, you'll get to grips with Meteor's reactivity concept that can rerun functions when data changes while you're building your own reactive object, and package it later for drop-in use. After your app is ready, the book continues with ways of deploying your app on different types of servers. Finally, we will take a look at testing packages and the application itself. « less
D3.js in Action is a practical tutorial for creating interactive graphics and data-driven applications using D3.js. You'll start with in-depth explanations of D3's out-of-the-box layouts, along with dozens of practical use cases that align with different types of visualizations. Then, you'll explore more » practical techniques for content creation, animation, and representing dynamic data—including interactive graphics and data streamed live over the web. The final chapters show you how to use D3's rich interaction model as the foundation for a complete web application. In the end, you'll be ready to integrate D3.js into your web development process and transform any site into a more engaging and sophisticated user experience.
About the Technology
About the Book
D3.js in Action introduces you to the most powerful web data visualization library available and shows you how to use it to build interactive graphics and data-driven applications. You'll start with dozens of practical use cases that align with different types of charts, networks, and maps using D3's out-of-the-box layouts. Then, you'll explore practical techniques for content design, animation, and representation of dynamic data—including interactive graphics and live streaming data.
* Interacting with vector graphics
* Expressive data visualization
* Creating rich mapping applications
* Prepping your data
* Complete data-driven web apps in D3
About the Author
Elijah Meeks is a senior data visualization engineer at Netflix. His D3.js portfolio includes work at Stanford University and with well-known companies worldwide.
Table of Contents
1. PART 1 D3.JS FUNDAMENTALS
2. An introduction to D3.js
3. Information visualization data flow
4. Data-driven design and interaction
5. PART 2 THE PILLARS OF INFORMATION VISUALIZATION
6. Chart components
8. Network visualization
9. Geospatial information visualization
10. Traditional DOM manipulation with D3
11. PART 3 ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
12. Composing interactive applications
13. Writing layouts and components
14. Big data visualization
15. D3.js on mobile (available online only) « less
UI from jQuery to Polymer
Although web components are still on the bleeding edge—barely supported in modern browsers—the technology is also moving extremely fast. This practical guide gets you up to speed on the concepts underlying W3C’s emerging standard and shows you how to build custom, reusable HTML5 Web Components.
* Understand core concepts (such as normal flow and positioning, and Z-index) for properly positioning, dragging, and resizing elements
* Explore UI concepts and patterns typically abstracted away by Dojo, jQuery UI, Kendo UI, and other libraries
* Dive into the W3C standard and convert your working widget example into a fully functioning web component
* Learn how to encapsulate, package, and deploy your web components with Google’s Polymer framework « less
Learn to develop powerful web applications in minutes with Meteor
***** About This Book *****
* Familiarize yourself with Meteor's new and improved features
***** Who This Book Is For *****
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Leverage reactive programming in modern web applications
* Design and implement MongoDB/NoSQL databases
* Develop fast and simple web interfaces with HTML templates
* Use local and server synchronization to make apps more user-friendly
* Structure an application for performance and security
* Leverage Meteor's quick and easy user authentication system
* Implement third-party packages and add-ons
* Prepare and deploy Meteor applications
***** In Detail *****
You will begin with a look "under the hood" to see what makes Meteor so special. Next, you will build a complete, working application from scratch, gaining a thorough understanding of Meteor's major features including: data on the wire, web templates, declarative programming, full-stack reactivity, modularity, third-party packages, and MongoDB/NoSQL databases. Finally, you will learn how to harden your app, prepare it for production release, and quickly deploy it using Meteor's public servers or your own custom server. With updated screenshots and code, this second edition will show you exactly why Meteor is the choice for rapid, elegant application development. « less