Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe After Effects CC (2017 release) choose Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) from Adobe Press. The 14 project-based lessons in this book show users step-by-step the key techniques for working more » in After Effects. Learn how to create, manipulate, and optimize motion graphics for film, video, DVD, the web, and mobile devices. Gain hands-on experience animating text and images, customizing a wide range of effects, tracking and syncing content, rotoscoping, and correcting color. Learn to create 3D content with both After Effects and Maxon Cinema 4D Lite (included with the software).
The online companion files include all the necessary assets for readers to complete the projects featured in each chapter as well as ebook updates when Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers. All buyers of the book get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete ebook enhanced with video and interactive multiple-choice quizzes. As always with the Classroom in a Book, Instructor Notes are available for teachers to download. « less
This book includes a selection of reviewed papers presented at the 2016 China Academic Conference on Printing, Packaging Engineering & Media Technology, held on November 25-27, 2016 in Xi’an, China. The conference was jointly organized by China Academy of Printing Technology, Xi’an University of Technology more » and Stuttgart Media University of Germany. The proceedings cover the recent outcomes on color science and technology, image processing technology, digital media technology, digital process management technology in packaging and packaging etc. They will be of interest to university researchers, R&D engineers and graduate students in graphic communications, packaging, color science, image science, material science, computer science, digital media and network technology fields. « less
The Official Guide
The Corel-Authorized Guide to CorelDRAW®—Updated for CorelDRAW X8
This thoroughly revised guide offers complete coverage of CorelDraw X8, including the revamped interface and brand-new features. CorelDRAW X8: The Official Guide shows anyone—from a beginner to an experienced illustrator—how to create more » top-drawer commercial graphics and exquisite artwork. You will learn to draw photorealistic illustrations, use shortcuts to create complex art, lay out text like a pro, add special effects, and transform 2D objects into 3D graphics. The book features tips for printing high-quality work that matches what you’ve designed on your monitor.
• Work in the customizable interface redesigned to reflect Windows® Metro style
• Explore and understand the software’s menus, palettes, and dockers
• Lay out brochures, flyers, and other multi-page documents
• Add paragraph, artistic, and custom-shaped text to your designs
• Search the Content Exchange for fonts, vector patterns, background designs, and the Get More docker
• Use the Perspective, Extrude, Smear, Twirl, Attract, Repel, and Distortion tools
• Incorporate lens effects, transparency, shadows, glows, and bevels
• Put all the elements together in a professional, visually compelling way with layout and design tips from the author « less
The User and Business Benefits of Positive Design
The promise of technology has always been about happiness in one form or another. Technology aspires to make tiresome chores go faster, to help people get better at their work, and to augment human abilities. And yet, research suggests that technology has a strong negative impact on our lives. We all more » struggle a little with being human in the digital age.
How can we start designing toward long-term well-being rather than short-term goals of attention and conversion? Just as countries are measuring well-being and companies are looking more closely at employee happiness, technology can begin to look at techniques for measuring and cultivating happiness. Learn how to apply that latest thinking in positive psychology, emotional design, and practical ethics to design everyday technologies that contribute to personal and collective well-being.
* Explore the core principles of the science of happiness to apply to designing technology
* Focus on values that will cultivate long-term well-being as well as align with short-term goals
* Employ new methods for understanding emotion, attachment, and well-being « less
A Gentle Introduction Using Java
This book provides an introduction to fuzzy logic approaches useful in image processing. The authors start by introducing image processing tasks of low and medium level such as thresholding, enhancement, edge detection, morphological filters, and segmentation and shows how fuzzy logic approaches apply. more » The book is divided into two parts. The first includes vagueness and ambiguity in digital images, fuzzy image processing, fuzzy rule based systems, and fuzzy clustering. The second part includes applications to image processing, image thresholding, color contrast enhancement, edge detection, morphological analysis, and image segmentation. Throughout, they describe image processing algorithms based on fuzzy logic under methodological aspects in addition to applicative aspects. Implementations in java are provided for the various applications. « less
Principles and Patterns for Non-Intrusive Design
How can you design technology that becomes a part of a user’s life and not a distraction from it? This practical book explores the concept of calm technology, a method for smoothly capturing a user’s attention only when necessary, while calmly remaining in the background most of the time. You’ll learn more » how to design products that work well, launch well, are easy to support, easy to use, and remain unobtrusive.
Author Amber Case presents ideas first introduced by researchers at Xerox PARC in 1995, and explains how they apply to our current technology landscape, especially the Internet of Things. This book is ideal for UX and product designers, managers, creative directors, and developers. You’ll learn:
* The importance and challenge of designing technology that respects our attention
* Principles of calm design—peripheral attention, context, and ambient awareness
* Calm communication patterns—improving attention through a variety of senses
* Exercises for improving existing products through calm technology
* Principles and patterns of calm technology for companies and teams
* The origins of calm technology at Xerox PARC « less
Effective UX for Current and Future Devices
Now may be the perfect time to enter the wearables industry. With the range of products that have appeared in recent years, you can determine which ideas resonate with users and which don’t before leaping into the market. In this practical guide, author Scott Sullivan examines the current wearables ecosystem more » and then demonstrates the impact that service design in particular will have on these types of devices going forward.
You’ll learn about the history and influence of activity trackers, smartwatches, wearable cameras, the controversial Google Glass experiment, and other devices that have come out of the recent Wild West period. This book also dives into many other aspects of wearables design, including tools for creating new products and methodologies for measuring their usefulness.
* Emerging types of wearable technologies
* How to design services around wearable devices
* Key concepts that govern service design
* Prototyping processes and tools such as Arduino and Processing
* The importance of storytelling for introducing new wearables
* How wearables will change our relationship with computers « less
How Great Designers Create Successful Products
How can you create products that successfully find customers? With this practical book, you’ll learn from some of the best product designers in the field, from companies like Facebook and LinkedIn to up-and-coming contenders. You’ll understand how to discover and interpret customer pain, and learn how more » to use this research to guide your team through each step of product creation.
Written for designers, product managers, and others who want to communicate better with designers, this book is essential reading for anyone who contributes to the product creation process.
* Understand exactly who your customers are, what they want, and how to build products that make them happy
* Learn frameworks and principles that successful product designers use
* Incorporate five states into every screen of your interface to improve conversions and reduce perceived loading times
* Discover meeting techniques that Apple, Amazon, and LinkedIn use to help teams solve the right problems and make decisions faster
* Design effective interfaces across different form factors by understanding how people hold devices and complete tasks
* Learn how successful designers create working prototypes that capture essential customer feedback
* Create habit-forming and emotionally engaging experiences, using the latest psychological research « less
Improving User Experience with Large Scale User Testing
Amazon, Netflix, Google, and Facebook have all used data-driven design techniques to improve the user experience of their consumer products. With this book, you’ll learn how improve your design decisions through data-driven A/B testing, and how you can apply this process to everything from small design more » tweaks to large-scale UX concepts.
Want to determine if a new color will improve your website’s overall user experience? Or if different copy text will lead to a better click-through rate? A/B testing provides the data you need to make substantive design decisions. This book shows you how to make data-driven design part of your product design workflow.
* Get best practices for analyzing and applying user data when making design decisions
* Learn different approaches to data-informed design
* Understand potential pitfalls when relying on data
* Get an insider’s view of how to make data-driven decisions « less
GPU programming in MATLAB is intended for scientists, engineers, or students who develop or maintain applications in MATLAB and would like to accelerate their codes using GPU programming without losing the many benefits of MATLAB. The book starts with coverage of the Parallel Computing Toolbox and other more » MATLAB toolboxes for GPU computing, which allow applications to be ported straightforwardly onto GPUs without extensive knowledge of GPU programming. The next part covers built-in, GPU-enabled features of MATLAB, including options to leverage GPUs across multicore or different computer systems. Finally, advanced material includes CUDA code in MATLAB and optimizing existing GPU applications. Throughout the book, examples and source codes illustrate every concept so that readers can immediately apply them to their own development.
* Provides in-depth, comprehensive coverage of GPUs with MATLAB, including the parallel computing toolbox and built-in features for other MATLAB toolboxes
* Explains how to accelerate computationally heavy applications in MATLAB without the need to re-write them in another language
* Presents case studies illustrating key concepts across multiple fields
* Includes source code, sample datasets, and lecture slides « less