The bestselling Project+ preparation guide, updated for the latest exam The CompTIA Project+ Study Guide, Second Edition is your comprehensive resource for taking Exam PK0-004. With 100% coverage of all exam objectives, bolstered by real-world scenarios and the Sybex interactive learning environment, more » this book gives you everything you need to approach the exam with confidence. Detailed explanations and superior study tools cover and reinforce setup, initiation, planning, execution, delivery, change, control, communication, and closure, and the author Kim Heldman's twenty-five years of project management experience provide deep insight into real-world applications. Study tools include access to two bonus practice exams, allowing you to focus on areas you need further review, and electronic flashcards provide last minute review on key concepts.
The Project+ exam is a first step into the complex world of project management, and serves as a springboard to the Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMP certification. This study guide helps you build the knowledge you need to be confident on exam day.
* Review 100 percent of the Project+ exam objectives
* Understand the real-world applications of each concept
* Gain expert insight drawn from real-world experience
* Access online practice exams, electronic flashcards, and more
Every industry needs people who know how to deliver successful project outcomes. The Project+ exam parallels the PMI's A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK© Guide), so this smart study guide gives you a solid foundation for additional project management training and certification. The CompTIA Project+ Study Guide, Second Edition combines industry-leading expertise with Sybex resources to help you successfully begin your project management journey. « less
Theory and Practice
Distributed source coding is one of the key enablers for efficient cooperative communication. The potential applications range from wireless sensor networks, ad-hoc networks, and surveillance networks, to robust low-complexity video coding, stereo/Multiview video coding, HDTV, hyper-spectral and multispectral more » imaging, and biometrics.
The book is divided into three sections: theory, algorithms, and applications. Part one covers the background of information theory with an emphasis on DSC; part two discusses designs of algorithmic solutions for DSC problems, covering the three most important DSC problems: Slepian-Wolf, Wyner-Ziv, and MT source coding; and part three is dedicated to a variety of potential DSC applications.
* Clear explanation of distributed source coding theory and algorithms including both lossless and lossy designs.
* Rich applications of distributed source coding, which covers multimedia communication and data security applications.
* Self-contained content for beginners from basic information theory to practical code implementation.
The book provides fundamental knowledge for engineers and computer scientists to access the topic of distributed source coding. It is also suitable for senior undergraduate and first year graduate students in electrical engineering; computer engineering; signal processing; image/video processing; and information theory and communications. « less
On Track from Start to Finish
Apply the latest project management techniques and prepare for CompTIA Project+ certification
This fully updated self-study guide and professional resource shows how to successfully manage projects and prepare for the challenging CompTIA Project+ exam. Project Management with CompTIA Project+: On more » Track from Start to Finish, Fourth Edition, walks you through each step of the project management process, covering critical strategies for on-time and within-budget projects. You’ll get complete explanations of every objective on the CompTIA Project+ exam along with end of chapter summaries, quizzes, and exercises that reinforce key points.
• Initiating the project
• Developing project plans
• Working with management
• Managing project scope
• Creating the budget
• Building a project plan
• Organizing a project team
• Managing teams
• Implementing the project plan
• Revising the project plan
• Enforcing quality
• Completing the project
Electronic content includes:
• Two complete practice exams
• Video training from the author
• Templates and worksheets
• Secured book PDF « less
Ten Best Practices for Effective Software Development
Why does poor software quality continue to plague enterprises of all sizes in all industries? Part of the problem lies with the process, rather than individual developers. This practical guide provides ten best practices to help team leaders create an effective working environment through key adjustments more » to their process.
As a follow-up to their popular book, Building Maintainable Software, consultants with the Software Improvement Group (SIG) offer critical lessons based on their assessment of development processes used by hundreds of software teams. Each practice includes examples of goalsetting to help you choose the right metrics for your team.
* Achieve development goals by determining meaningful metrics with the Goal-Question-Metric approach
* Translate those goals to a verifiable Definition of Done
* Manage code versions for consistent and predictable modification
* Control separate environments for each stage in the development pipeline
* Automate tests as much as possible and steer their guidelines and expectations
* Let the Continuous Integration server do much of the hard work for you
* Automate the process of pushing code through the pipeline
* Define development process standards to improve consistency and simplicity
* Manage dependencies on third party code to keep your software consistent and up to date
* Document only the most necessary and current knowledge « less
Better Productivity Through Collaboration
This book tells you everything you need to know to help your organization implement DevOps on the Microsoft platform. You will learn how to use Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, and Azure to implement a complete DevOps process in your company. You will learn about Agile Project Management, more » Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Technical Debt Management, Automatic Testing and Monitoring, and see how all these areas fit together.
DevOps is important for organizations that want to make the best use of their resources and avoid costly mistakes. Teams that embrace DevOps deploy code up to 30 times more frequently than their competition and less than 50% of their deployments fail according to Puppet Labs State of DevOps survey.
DevOps on the Microsoft Stack shows you how to help your organization implement DevOps, covering the tooling they will need and how to make everything work together while following best practices. The focus is not only on technology but also on the cultural issues that teams will face when implementing DevOps. The author’s goal is to not only show you which tooling there is but help you to successfully use everything together to implement DevOps in your projects and organization.
In this book, you'll learn:
* What DevOps is and how it can help development teams
* How to use Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, and Azure to setup a DevOps process
* How to introduce DevOps to your organization and how to overcome problems « less
Designing and Managing the Life Cycle
This book presents a guide to navigating the complicated issues of quality and process improvement in enterprise software implementation, and the effect these have on the software development life cycle (SDLC). Offering an integrated approach that includes important management and decision practices, more » the text explains how to create successful automated solutions that fit user and customer needs, by mixing different SDLC methodologies. With an emphasis on the realities of practice, the book offers essential advice on defining business requirements, and managing change. This revised and expanded second edition includes new content on such areas as cybersecurity, big data, and digital transformation. Features: presents examples, case studies, and chapter-ending problems and exercises; concentrates on the skills needed to distinguish successful software implementations; considers the political and cultural realities in organizations; suggests many alternatives for how to manage and model a system. « less
* Updated for JIRA 7, this book covers all the new features introduced in JIRA 7 with a dedicated chapter on JIRA Service Desk—one of the biggest new add-ons to JIRA
* This book lays a strong foundation to work with agile projects in JIRA from both the administrator and end user's perspective
* more » Work through step-by-step exercises at the end of each chapter for you to try out and reinforce your skills
Atlassian JIRA is an enterprise-issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of the organization, ranging from building Atlassian application interfaces to providing a platform for add-ons to extend JIRA's capabilities.
JIRA 7 Essentials, now in its fourth edition, provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major components of JIRA 7, which includes JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and JIRA Service Works.
The book starts by explaining how to plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use before moving on to the more key features such as e-mails, workflows, business processes, and so on. Then you will understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA.
Issues being the corner stone of using JIRA, you will gain a deep understanding of issues and their purpose. Then you will be introduced to fields and how to use custom fields for more effective data collections. You will then learn to create new screens from scratch and customize it to suit your needs. The book then covers workflows and business processes, and you will also be able to set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails. Towards the end, we explain JIRA's security model and introduce you to one of JIRA’s new add-ons: JIRA Service Desk, which allows you to run JIRA as a computer support portal.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA
* Plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use
* Using JIRA for agile software projects, business process management, customer service support, and more
* Understand issues and work with them
* Design both system and custom fields to behave differently under different contexts
* Create and design your own screens and apply them to different project and issue types
* Gain an understanding of the workflow and its various components
* Set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Patrick Li is the cofounder of AppFusions and now works as a senior engineer there. AppFusions is one of the leading Atlassian experts, specializing in integration solutions with many enterprise applications and platforms, including IBM Connections, Jive, Google Apps, Box, SugarCRM, and more. He has worked in the Atlassian ecosystem for over 9 years, developing products and solutions for the Atlassian platform and providing expert consulting services.
He has authored numerous books and video courses covering JIRA 4 to 7, including JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk. He has extensive experience in designing and deploying Atlassian solutions from the ground up and customizing existing deployments for clients across verticals such as healthcare, software engineering, financial services, and government agencies.
You can check out his LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickliangli or visit his company website at https://www.appfusions.com/display/Dashboard/Bringing+it+together%2C+NOW.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Getting Started with JIRA
2. Using JIRA for Business Projects
3. Using JIRA for Agile Projects
4. Issue Management
5. Field Management
6. Screen Management
7. Workflow and Business Process
8. E-mails and Notifications
9. Securing JIRA
10. Searching, Reporting, and Analysis
11. JIRA Service Desk « less
*** Key Features ***
* Learn Redmine through the basic topics to the mastering ones
* Customize Redmine without breaking upgrade compatibility
* Become an expert of Redmine after having read this comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices.
*** Book Description ***
Redmine is more » not only one of the popular open source project management applications but also one of the best project hosting and issue tracking solutions.
This book is an update of our previous successful edition, Mastering Redmine. This book is a comprehensive guide that will give you a detailed practical understanding on how to effectively manage, monitor and administer complex projects using Redmine.
You will get familiar with the concept of Issue Tracking and will get to know why and what makes Redmine one of the best issue trackers. Another main part of Redmine functionality, which is Managing projects shows why this is one of the best applications for project hosting. Furthermore, you will learn more about Redmine rich text formatting syntax, access control and workflow and time Tracking. Towards the end, you will unleash the power of custom fields and guides to show how to customize Redmine without breaking upgrade compatibility.
By the end of the book, you will have a deep practical understanding on how to effectively monitor and manage large scale and complex projects using Redmine.
*** What you will learn ***
* Forget about troubles with installing and configuring Redmine
* Feel at ease with using Redmine wiki syntax
* Get familiar with the permissions system and issue life cycle in Redmine
* Use Redmine for issue tracking, project hosting, project management, and time tracking
* Find and choose plugins, and get familiar with some of the most useful Redmine plugins
*** About the Author ***
Andriy Lesyuk is an open source evangelist. He is an enthusiastic and passionate developer with more than 14 years of experience. He is skilled in Ruby, PHP, Perl, C, and more. His primary areas of interest are web development and Linux system development. Andriy is also the author of more than 20 open source plugins for Redmine. He lives and works in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine. His website is http://www.andriylesyuk.com. He started his career as an engineer at the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, where he later became the head of the Software and Networking Laboratory. For some time, he worked as a freelancer, developing custom Redmine plugins for companies worldwide, the most famous of which is oDesk. Later, Andriy joined the Kayako team, which develops the world's leading helpdesk solutions.
*** Table of Contents ***
1. Getting Familiar with Redmine
2. Installing Redmine
3. Configuring Redmine
4. Issue Tracking
5. Managing Projects
6. Text Formatting
7. Access Control and Workflow
8. Time Tracking
10. Plugins and Themes
11. Customizing Redmine
12. Quick Syntax Reference « less
400 Practice Questions and Answers to help you Pass
Updated for the latest available exam... If you are studying towards the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Examination, this book is an essential aid in your study program. It contains over 400 realistic multiple choice practice questions, answers and explanations. The book is organized into two more » useful parts. The first is comprised of all the questions, organized in chapters by topic, allowing readers to simulate the actual test. The the second part not only gives the answers, but also comments on the incorrect answers, providing additional inisght and helping you formulate your test-taking strategy.
What You'll Learn
* Q&As to over 400 realistic practice questions and answers
* What are all the formulas needed to pass the exam
* You can use the first part to simulate testing
* You can use the second part as a study guide to understand why an answer is correct or not
This book is for those with project management experience and some IT experience who are ready to study for and take the PMP exam. « less