* The Python recipes covered in the chapters of this book will help you gain knowledge and encourage you to automate your critical business flows.
* You will learn how to construct Python scripts to scrape data from the web, build conversational bots, develop your own scanner using computer more » vision techniques, leverage cloud telephony, and automate social media data analysis including visualisation.
* This book is designed for Python developers of any experience level, and the recipe-based approach will allow you to run code and get instant results.
This book gives you a great selection of recipes to automate your business processes with Python, and provides a platform for you to understand how Python is useful to make time consuming and repetitive business tasks more efficient. Python is a mature high level language, has object-oriented programming features, powers various apps, has a huge set of modules, and great community support. Python is extremely easy to use, can help you get complex tasks done efficiently and is an apt choice for our needs.
With a classic problem-solution based approach and real-world examples, you will delve into things that automate your business processes. You will begin by learning about the Python modules to work with Web, Worksheets, Presentations and PDFs. You'll leverage Python recipes to automate processes in HR, Finance and making them efficient and reliable. For instance, company payroll -- an integral process in HR will be automated with Python recipes.
A few chapters of this book will also help you gain knowledge on working with bots and computer vision. You will learn how to build bots for automating business use cases by integrating artificial intelligence. You'll also understand how Python is helpful in face detection and building a scanner of your own. You will see how to effectively and easily use Python code to manage SMS and voice notifications, opening a world of possibilities using cloud telephony to solve your business needs. Moving forward, you will learn to work with APIs, Webhooks and Emails to automate Marketing and Customer Support processes.
Finally, using the various Python libraries, this book will arm you with knowledge to customize data solutions and generate reports to meet your business needs. This book will help you up-skill and make your business processes efficient with the various Python recipes covered in this book.
What you will learn * To automate business processes and make them efficient with Python recipes
* Explore the power of REST APIs and implement Web hooks. Work with Twitter REST APIs and post automated tweets with Python.
* Understand the world of Cloud telephony and implement business use cases with SMS and Voice Notification with Python bindings.
* Manipulate images and learn how to use Python's Computer Vision for face detection and automate business tasks. Have you thought of making your organisation go paperless?
* Learn about conversational bots and implement one of your own using Python. You will also learn to integrate AI to your bots.
* Understand Data analysis and generate interesting insights on your data using Python's modules for data filtering and visualisation. « less
From Beginner to Pro
This book is your concise guide to Ansible, the simple way to automate apps and IT infrastructure. In less than 250 pages, this book takes you from knowing nothing about configuration management to understanding how to use Ansible in a professional setting.
You will learn how to create an Ansible more » playbook to automatically set up an environment, ready to install an open source project. You’ll extract common tasks into roles that you can reuse across all your projects, and build your infrastructure on top of existing open source roles and modules that are available for you to use. You will learn to build your own modules to perform actions specific to your business. By the end you will create an entire cluster of virtualized machines, all of which have your applications and all their dependencies installed automatically. Finally, you'll test your Ansible playbooks.
Ansible can do as much or as little as you want it to. Ansible: From Beginner to Pro will teach you the key skills you need to be an Ansible professional. You’ll be writing roles and modules and creating entire environments without human intervention in no time at all – add it to your library today.
What You Will Learn
* Learn why Ansible is so popular and how to download and install it
* Create a playbook that automatically downloads and installs a popular open source project
* Use open source roles to complete common tasks, and write your own specific to your business
* Extend Ansible by writing your own modules
* Test your infrastructure using Test Kitchen and ServerSpec
Who This Book Is For
Ansible: From Beginner to Pro is for developers that currently create development and production environments by hand. If you find yourself running apt-get installregularly, this book is for you. Ansible adds reproducibility and saves you time all at once. Ansible: From Beginner to Pro is great for any developer wanting to enhance their skillset and learn new tools. « less
Achieve the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of your web applications with ease
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Overcome the challenges of implementing DevOps for web applications, familiarize yourself with diverse third-party modules, and learn how to integrate them with bespoke code to efficiently complete tasks
* Understand how to deploy web applications for a variety of Cloud platforms more » such as Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure, Azure Web Apps, and Docker Container
* Understand how to monitor applications deployed in Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure, Azure Web Apps using Nagios, New Relic, Microsoft Azure, and AWS default monitoring features
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a system admin or application and web application developer with a basic knowledge of programming and want to get hands-on with tools such as Jenkins 2 and Chef, and Cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure, Docker, New Relic, Nagios, and their modules to host, deploy, monitor, and manage their web applications, then this book is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Grasp Continuous Integration for a JEE application—create and configure a build job for a Java application with Maven and with Jenkins 2.0
* Create built-in delivery pipelines of Jenkins 2 and build a pipeline configuration for end-to-end automation to manage the lifecycle of Continuous Integration
* Get to know all about configuration management using Chef to create a runtime environment
* Perform instance provisioning in AWS and Microsoft Azure and manage virtual machines on different cloud platforms—install Knife plugins for Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure
* Deploy an application in Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Microsoft Azure Web Apps, and a Docker container
* Monitor infrastructure, application servers, web servers, and applications with the use of open source monitoring solutions and New Relic
* Orchestrate multiple build jobs to achieve application deployment automation—create parameterized build jobs for end-to-end automation
The DevOps culture is growing at a massive rate, as many organizations are adopting it. However, implementing it for web applications is one of the biggest challenges experienced by many developers and admins, which this book will help you overcome using various tools, such as Chef, Docker, and Jenkins.
On the basis of the functionality of these tools, the book is divided into three parts. The first part shows you how to use Jenkins 2.0 for Continuous Integration of a sample JEE application. The second part explains the Chef configuration management tool, and provides an overview of Docker containers, resource provisioning in cloud environments using Chef, and Configuration Management in a cloud environment. The third part explores Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Docker, all using Jenkins 2.0.
This book combines the skills of both web application deployment and system configuration as each chapter contains one or more practical hands-on projects. You will be exposed to real-world project scenarios that are progressively presented from easy to complex solutions. We will teach you concepts such as hosting web applications, configuring a runtime environment, monitoring and hosting on various cloud platforms, and managing them. This book will show you how to essentially host and manage web applications along with Continuous Integration, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management, Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Delivery, and Deployment.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is a learning guide for those who have a basic knowledge of application deployment, configuration management tools, and Cloud computing, and are eager to leverage it to implement DevOps for web applications using end-to-end automation and orchestration. « less
* Simplify the automation of applications and systems using the newest version of Ansible
* Get acquainted with fundamentals of Ansible such as playbooks, modules, and various testing strategies
* A comprehensive, learning guide that provides you with great skills to automate your organization's more » infrastructure using Ansible 2
Ansible is an open source automation platform that assists organizations with tasks such as configuration management, application deployment, orchestration, and task automation. Basically complex tasks can be handled by the easy-to-use Ansible. This update to Learning Ansible is based on the latest version, Ansible 2.
In this book, you will learn about the fundamentals and practical aspects of Ansible 2 by deep diving into topics such as installation (Linux, BSD, and Windows Support), playbooks, modules, various testing strategies, provisioning, deployment, and orchestration. In this book, you will get accustomed with the new features of Ansible 2 such as cleaner architecture, task blocks, playbook parsing, new execution strategy plugins, and modules. You will also learn how to integrate Ansible 2 with cloud platforms such as AWS. The book ends with the enterprise version of Ansible, Ansible Tower and Ansible Galaxy, where you will learn to interact Ansible with different OSs to speedup your work with Ansible Tower and Ansible Galaxy.
By the end of the book, you'll able to leverage the Ansible parameters to create expeditious tasks for your organization by implementing the Ansible 2 techniques and paradigms.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Set up Ansible 2 and an Ansible 2 project in a future-proof way
* Perform basic operations with Ansible 2 such as creating, copying, moving, changing, and deleting files, and creating and deleting users)
* Deploy complete cloud environments using Ansible 2 on Amazon Web Services and DigitalOcean
* Explore complex operations with Ansible 2 (Ansible vault, e-mails, and Nagios)
* Develop and test Ansible playbooks
* Write a custom module and test it « less
Practical Programming for Total Beginners
If you've ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do them for you?
In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you'll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes more » what would take you hours to do by hand—no prior programming experience required. Once you've mastered the basics of programming, you'll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation to:
* Search for text in a file or across multiple files
* Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
* Search the Web and download online content
* Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
* Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
* Send reminder emails and text notifications
* Fill out online forms
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each program, and practice projects at the end of each chapter challenge you to improve those programs and use your newfound skills to automate similar tasks.
Don't spend your time doing work a well-trained monkey could do. Even if you've never written a line of code, you can make your computer do the grunt work. Learn how in Automate the Boring Stuff with Python. « less
Automate your infrastructure using code and leverage DevOps with Chef
Chef automation helps to transform infrastructure into simple code. This means that building, rebuilding, configuration, and scaling to meet your customer's needs is possible in just a few minutes in a real-time environment.
This book begins with the conceptual architecture of Chef, walking you through more » detailed descriptions of every Chef element. You will learn the procedure to set up your workstation and how to create a Cookbook in a hosted Chef environment.
Private Chef Server setup is covered in depth, with information on the necessity of on-premise Private Chef deployment, benefits, and installation and configuration procedures for the different types of Private Chef servers including standalone, tiered, and high-availability.
This book sheds light on industry best practices with practical Chef scenarios and examples.
***** Who This Book Is For *****
If you are a system administrator, Linux administrator, cloud developer, cloud administrator, or someone who just wants to learn and apply Chef automation to your existing or new infrastructure, this book is for you. Some real-time understanding of IT processes and familiarity with Linux systems, Ruby, and JSON is essential. « less
Secure your IT environments with the powerful security tools of Puppet
If you are a security professional whose workload is increasing, or a Puppet professional looking to increase knowledge of security, or an experienced systems administrator, then this book is for you. This book will take you to the next level of security automation using Puppet. This book requires no more » prior knowledge of Puppet to get started. « less
Design, develop, and solve real world automation and orchestration needs by unlocking the automation capabilities of Ansible
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Discover how Ansible works in detail
* Explore use cases for Ansible's advanced features including task delegation, fast failures, and serial task execution
* Extend Ansible with custom modules, plugins, and inventory sources
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for Ansible more » developers and operators who have an understanding of the core elements and applications but are now looking to enhance their skills in applying automation using Ansible.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand Ansible's code and logic flow
* Safeguard sensitive data within Ansible
* Access and manipulate complex variable data within Ansible playbooks
* Handle task results to manipulate change and failure definitions
* Organize Ansible content into a simple structure
* Craft a multi-tier rollout playbook utilizing load balancers and manipulating your monitoring system
* Utilize advanced Ansible features to orchestrate rolling updates with almost no service disruptions
* Troubleshoot Ansible failures to understand and resolve issues
* Extend Ansible with custom modules, plugins, or inventory sources
Automation is critical to success in the world of DevOps. How quickly and efficiently an application deployment can be automated, or a new infrastructure can be built up, can be the difference between a successful product or a failure. Ansible provides a simple yet powerful automation engine. Beyond the basics of Ansible lie a host of advanced features which are available to help you increase efficiency and accomplish complex orchestrations with ease.
This book provides you with the knowledge you need to understand how Ansible works at a fundamental level and leverage its advanced capabilities. You'll learn how to encrypt Ansible content at rest and decrypt data at runtime. You will master the advanced features and capabilities required to tackle the complex automation challenges of today and beyond. You will gain detailed knowledge of Ansible workflows, explore use cases for advanced features, craft well thought out orchestrations, troubleshoot unexpected behaviour, and extend Ansible through customizations. Finally, you will discover the methods used to examine and debug Ansible operations, helping you to understand and resolve issues.
STYLE AND APPROACH
A clear, practical guide that covers best practise, system architecture and design aspects that will help you master Ansible with ease. « less
Build, deploy, and manage your IT infrastructure to deliver a successful automated system with Chef in any environment
***** About This Book *****
* Discover the new fundamentals of the ecosystem, its APIs, as well as the ohai and knife plugins
* Learn new ways of using Chef and its attributes by overriding the old attributes
* Packed with real-world examples that can be used to explore the components like speeding more » up Chef with Ruby
***** Who This Book Is For *****
If you have used Chef before and are interested in automation of infrastructure and want to develop your own tools to manage large-scale infrastructures, then this book is for you.
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Get familiar with the Chef ecosystem and its associated components
* Use Ruby and Chef together to write effective infrastructure code
* Explore various aspects of the Chef API, such as using search in a recipe and with the help of the Knife plugin
* Write recipes and custom Lightweight Resource/Provider
* Discover the usage of data bags and templates to customize servers
* Extend the functionalities of Chef using custom Ohai and Knife plugins
***** In Detail *****
Chef is a configuration management tool that turns IT infrastructure into code. Chef provides tools to manage systems at scale. This book will take you through the Chef code, tools, and components to manage your environments using the Chef server efficiently. The book starts with an introduction to the Chef ecosystem, taking you through the terminologies used in Chef, the anatomy of a chef-client run, and Chef solo. You will learn how to use Knife and its associated plugins to accomplish daily routine tasks in a more efficient way. You will also learn how to speed this up by using Ruby with Chef, which will allow you to write more efficient infrastructure code. This book then introduces you to cookbooks and how to extend chef-client through the use of Lightweight Resource/Provider. It tells you how to keep all kind of configurations in key-value pair efficiently, by introducing you to data bags and templates. Then you will get a walkthrough of Chef's wonderful APIs and the extended functionalities of Chef. By the end of the book you will be so well-versed with Chef that you'll be able to explore some fun uses of Chef, which will allow for better productivity. « less
Pro PowerShell for Database Developers helps you master PowerShell application development by continuing where other books leave off. There are no "Hello World" functions here, just real-world examples that get down to business. Develop and deploy database and ETL applications in a reusable framework. more » Read from any data source and write to any destination. Integrate PowerShell with SQL Server.
Pro PowerShell for Database Developers shows how to dive into the PowerShell environment and customize it to your needs. Learn about CmdletBinding and its use in extending functions with powerful new features. Also learn to package functions into libraries called modules that are loaded automatically on demand.
PowerShell is about automation and getting work done when you’re not around to perform it. To that end you’ll see how to schedule PowerShell applications using SQL Agent and the scheduled job cmdlets. And for when you are around to run automated processes in person, you’ll learn to add a Windows GUI to your applications to give them that professional polish.
Other exciting topics include:
Creating objects with custom methods and properties and extending them with PowerShell-style inheritance.
Implementing function polymorphism using parameter sets.
Using PowerShell as an ETL tool surpassing even SSIS.
Creating distributed, interruptible, and multithreaded programs using PowerShell's workflow engine and the .Net Windows Workflow Foundation.
All these topics are explained using real-world examples encapsulated into modules you can immediately put to use in your organization. You’ll reap even more as you come to grips with all that PowerShell can do. Begin the journey toward deep expertise and amazing productivity. Buy and read Pro PowerShell for Database Developers today. « less