Is it safe to ditch the GUI and IDE? Or maybe you could get an instant optimization to your workflow right now, with great potential to pay off down the road as you utilize new features. Learn to navigate the world to the terminal using the tool depended on daily by thousands of system administrators more » and programmers. « less
Classroom in a Book, The official training workbook from Adobe
Learn Adobe Muse CC from the ground up and create responsive websites using the latest web standards without writing any code. Start by planning your project using a site map and master pages. Design your responsive pages and add interactivity through buttons, links, widgets, and much more, testing your more » design across various screen sizes along the way. Finally, publish your site via Adobe Hosting (Business Catalyst) or standard web hosting, and learn how to export optimized web content (HTML, etc.).
The fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Muse CC Classroom in a Book®, the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks, offers what no other book or training program does–an official training series from Adobe Systems Incorporated, developed with the support of Adobe product experts.
Adobe Muse CC Classroom in a Book contains 11 lessons that cover the basics and beyond, providing countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the program. You can follow the book from start to finish or choose only those lessons that interest you.
Purchasing this book includes valuable online extras. Follow the instructions in the book’s “Getting Started” section to unlock access to:
* Downloadable lesson files you need to work through the projects in the book
* Web Edition containing the complete text of the book, interactive quizzes, videos that walk you through the lessons step by step, and updated material covering new feature releases from Adobe « less
This book will help you get started with agile project management using Microsoft’s latest releases of its market-leading Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015, and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). The book demonstrates agile concepts and how to implement them using TFS/VSTS.
Many organizations are using more » agile practices today. Agility has become a key enabler for running better projects with more successful end results and high quality output. At the same time, adoption of TFS/VSTS has increased dramatically, from being just a new version control system in the very beginning to becoming the fully-featured market leader it is today.
In order to benefit the most from agile practices you need an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) toolset that supports your way of working. With TFS/VSTS, Microsoft has provided a powerful tool that is very customizable. This book shows you how you can use TFS/VSTS to implement many agile practices and how they fit into a well-thought-out ALM implementation.
The book also shows how an agile product owner can work with TFS/VSTS to setup an agile project from scratch and how to continue using TFS/VSTS throughout the whole project to track progress, create and refine the backlog, and work with Kanban and Scrum Task boards.
Keeping track of progress is important in any project. TFS/VSO includes many tools which will help you to track key metrics in an agile project. Many useful reports are available out of the box, and the TFS extensibility offers several ways to further customize reporting to fit your needs.
What You Will Learn:
* Agile Concepts and Processes
* How TFS/VSO supports agile processes end to end
* How you can customize TFS/VSO to better support your processes
* How to set up an agile project from scratch and manage it over its lifecycle « less
Take your Android programming skills to the next level by unleashing the potential of Android Studio
Expert Android Studio bridges the gap between your Android programing skills with the provided tools including Android Studio, NDK, Gradle and Plugins for IntelliJ Idea Platform. Packed with best practices more » and advanced tips and techniques on Android tools, development cycle, continuos integration, release management, testing, and performance, this book offers professional guidance to experienced developers who want to push the boundaries of the Android platform with the developer tools. You'll discover how to use the tools and techniques to unleash your true potential as a developer.
* Discover the basics of working in Android Studio and Gradle, as well as the application architecture of the latest Android platform
* Understand Native Development Kit and its integration with Android Studio
* Complete your development lifecycle with automated tests, dependency management, continuos integration and release management
* Writing your own Gradle plugins to customize build cycle
* Writing your own plugins for Android Studio to help your development tasks.
Expert Android Studio is a tool for expert and experienced developers who want to learn how to make use of the tools while creating Android applications for use on mobile devices. « less
Start building powerful apps that take advantage of the dynamic scripting capabilities of the Groovy language. This book covers Groovy fundamentals, such as installing Groovy, using Groovy tools, and working with the Groovy Development Kit (GDK). You'll also learn more advanced aspects of Groovy, such more » as using Groovy design patterns, writing DSLs in Groovy, and taking advantage of Groovy's functional programming features.
There is more to Groovy than the core language, so Learning Groovy covers the extended Groovy ecosystem. You'll see how to harness Gradle (Groovy's build system), Grails (Groovy's web application framework), Spock (Groovy's testing framework), and Ratpack (Groovy's reactive web library).
What you'll learn
* Groovy fundamentals, including the GDK or Groovy Development Kit
* Advanced Groovy, such as writing Groovy DSLs
* Functional programming in Groovy
* GPars, the built-in concurrency library
* Gradle, the build system
* Grails, the web application framework
* Spock, the testing framework
* Ratpack, the reactive web library
Who is this book for
Although this book is intended for those with a Java background, anyone with basic programming skills could benefit from it. This book is a data-filled, yet easy-to-digest tour of the Groovy language and ecosystem. « less
Learn how to use the power of Xcode to turn your next great app idea into a reality
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn the theory and tools behind app development using Swift 3 and Xcode 8
* Build a fully featured iOS app, including a companion app for the Apple Watch
* Optimize, debug, and ultimately release your app on Test Flight and the App Store
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended more » for programmers looking to get a jump-start into the world of iOS development. Whether you're a young student who has only spent a few months with Java, or a seasoned developer who has spent their career developing for a different platform, all that is expected is a basic understanding of a programming language such as C++, C#, or Java.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the most important features of the Xcode IDE
* Write Swift 3 code for application data models and view controllers
* Prepare visual layouts for an iOS application using storyboards, size classes, and auto-layout
* Integrate many common technologies into an app, such as multi-touch gestures, CoreData, and notifications
* Build companion applications for the Apple Watch with watchOS 3
* Debug applications using Xcode's suite of debugging tools, and prevent bugs with unit testing
* Optimize an application using Xcode 8's profiling tools and asset catalogs
* Distribute a beta application through TestFlight, and a finished application through the App Store
Over the last few years, we've seen a breakthrough in mobile computing and the birth of world-changing mobile apps. With a reputation as one of the most user-centric and developer-friendly platforms, iOS is the best place to launch your next great app idea. As the official tool to create iOS applications, Xcode is chock full of features aimed at making a developer's job easier, faster, and more fun.
This book will take you from complete novice to a published app developer, and covers every step in between. You'll learn the basics of iOS application development by taking a guided tour through the Xcode software and Swift programming language, before putting that knowledge to use by building your first app called “Snippets.” Over the course of the book, you will continue to explore the many facets of iOS development in Xcode by adding new features to your app, integrating gestures and sensors, and even creating an Apple Watch companion app. You'll also learn how to use the debugging tools, write unit tests, and optimize and distribute your app. By the time you make it to the end of this book, you will have successfully built and published your first iOS application.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This easy-to-follow guide presents topics in a hands-on lecture format where concepts are introduced and explained, then used in an example as reinforcement. The first third of the book covers the separate building blocks of development, while the second two thirds cover the development of an app from start to finish. « less
Learn the details of the most highly recommended practices of software development using the latest version of Visual Studio 2015. Recommended practices are grouped by development phase and explained in far more detail than the typical tips and tricks compilations. This book also contains detailed coverage more » of recognized patterns and practices used to create software in a timely manner with expected quality in the context of using specific Visual Studio 2015 features.
Creating software is part defined process and part empirical process. While there is no single “best” process to employ in all development scenarios, MVP author Peter Ritchie helps readers navigate the complexity of development options and decide which techniques and Visual Studio 2015 features to use based on the needs of their particular project. Readers will learn practices such as those related to working in teams, design and architecture, refactoring, source code control workflows, unit testing, performance testing, coding practices, use of common patterns, code analysis, IDE extensions, and more.
What You Will Learn
* Use patterns and practices within Visual Studio
* Implement practices of software creation
* Work in teams
* Develop workflows for software projects
Who This Book Is For
Beginning and intermediate software developers and architects « less
Content Production of Digital Audio/Video, Illustration and 3D Animation
This book is a brief primer covering concepts central to digital imagery, digital audio and digital illustration using open source software packages such as GIMP, Audacity and Inkscape. These are used for this book because they are free for commercial use. The book builds on the foundational concepts more » of raster, vector and waves (audio), and gets more advanced as chapters progress, covering what new media assets are best for use with Android Studio as well as key factors regarding the data footprint optimization work process and why it is important.
What You Will Learn
• What are the primary genres of new media content production
• What new media assets Android Studio supports
• What are the concepts behind new media content production
• How to Install and use GIMP, Inkscape, and Audacity software
• How to integrate that software with Android Studio, fast becoming the most popular IDE for Android apps design and development
Primary audience includes Android developers, especially game designers/developers and others who need access to multimedia elements. Secondary: multimedia producers, RIA developers, game designers, UI designers, and teachers. « less
Up and Running
Among the many configuration management tools available, Ansible has some distinct advantages—it’s minimal in nature, you don’t need to install anything on your nodes, and it has an easy learning curve. This practical guide shows you how to be productive with this tool quickly, whether you’re a developer more » deploying code to production or a system administrator looking for a better automation solution.
Author Lorin Hochstein shows you how to write playbooks (Ansible’s configuration management scripts), manage remote servers, and explore the tool’s real power: built-in declarative modules. You’ll discover that Ansible has the functionality you need and the simplicity you desire.
* Understand how Ansible differs from other configuration management systems
* Use the YAML file format to write your own playbooks
* Learn Ansible’s support for variables and facts
* Work with a complete example to deploy a non-trivial application
* Use roles to simplify and reuse playbooks
* Make playbooks run faster with ssh multiplexing, pipelining, and parallelism
* Deploy applications to Amazon EC2 and other cloud platforms
* Use Ansible to create Docker images and deploy Docker containers « less
Beginning NetBeans IDE is your authoritative tutorial for learning and using the open source NetBeans IDE platform backed by Oracle. Written by a NetBeans product manager at Oracle, Geertjan Wielenga shows you what NetBeans really is all about and how to install and set it up. Then, right away, he shows more » you how to write your first simple NetBeans Java application.
In this book, you get a tour of the various, essential and key NetBeans wizards and plug-ins. Then, you start building a more complex Java-based application using the NetBeans IDE. And, you learn how to improve that application by exploring the NetBeans refactoring, testing/debugging, profiling and distribution tools.
After reading and using this tutorial, you'll come away with a working case study that you can re-apply as a template for your own specific needs. You'll have an understanding of the key essentials of the popular NetBeans IDE. « less