Develop 2D and 3D games Using Apple's SceneKit and SpriteKit
Learn the fundamental elements of the new Swift 3 programming language as applied to game development for new iOS 10.
In Part 1 of this book, you'll start with a basic 2D game idea and build the game throughout the book introducing each SpriteKit topic as you add new functionality to the game. By more » the end of the book, you'll have experience with all the important SpriteKit topics and have a fully functional game as a result. In Part 2, you'll learn 3D game development using Apple's SceneKit framework and the Swift programming language, following the same pattern used for Part 1.
Game apps are one of the most popular categories in the Apple iTunes App Store. In response,James Goodwill and Wesley Matlock bring you Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS, Third Edition an update to their best-selling work. After reading and using this book, you'll have the skills and the code to build your first 2D and then 3D game app that you can run on any iOS-enabled device.
What you’ll learn
* Discover what’s in the new Swift 3 programming language
* Apply Swift 3 to iOS 10 and 9 game development
* Build a 2D game app using SpriteKit and Swift
* Build a 3D game from 2D using SceneKit and Swift
Who this book is for
iOS app developers new to Swift or for those thinking of trying iOS game app development for the very first time. « less
* Build web applications based around maps and geospatial data using Python 3.x
* Install and use various toolkits and obtain geospatial data for use in your programs
* This practical, hands-on book will teach you all about geospatial development in Python
Geospatial more » development links your data to locations on the surface of the Earth. Writing geospatial programs involves tasks such as grouping data by location, storing and analyzing large amounts of spatial information, performing complex geospatial calculations, and drawing colorful interactive maps. In order to do this well, you'll need appropriate tools and techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of geospatial concepts such as map projections, datums, and coordinate systems.
This book provides an overview of the major geospatial concepts, data sources, and toolkits. It starts by showing you how to store and access spatial data using Python, how to perform a range of spatial calculations, and how to store spatial data in a database. Further on, the book teaches you how to build your own slippy map interface within a web application, and finishes with the detailed construction of a geospatial data editor using the GeoDjango framework.
By the end of this book, you will be able to confidently use Python to write your own geospatial applications ranging from quick, one-off utilities to sophisticated web-based applications using maps and other geospatial data.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Access, manipulate, and display geospatial data from within your Python programs
* Master the core geospatial concepts of location, distance, units, projections, and datums
* Read and write geospatial data in both vector and raster format
* Perform complex, real-world geospatial calculations using Python
* Store and access geospatial information in a database
* Use points, lines, and polygons within your Python programs
* Convert geospatial data into attractive maps using Python-based tools
* Build complete web-based mapping applications using Python
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Erik Westra has been a professional software developer for over 25 years and has worked almost exclusively in Python for the past decade. Erik's early interest in graphical user interface design led to the development of one of the most advanced urgent courier dispatch systems used by messenger and courier companies worldwide. In recent years, Erik has been involved in the design and implementation of systems matching seekers and providers of goods and services across a range of geographical areas as well as real-time messaging and payments systems. This work has included the creation of real-time geocoders and map-based views of constantly changing data. Erik is based in New Zealand, and he works for companies worldwide.
He is also the author of the Packt titles Python Geospatial Analysis and Building Mapping Applications with QGIS as well as the forthcoming title Modular Programming with Python.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Geospatial Development Using Python
3. Python Libraries for Geospatial Development
4. Sources of Geospatial Data
5. Working with Geospatial Data in Python
6. Spatial Databases
7. Using Python and Mapnik to Generate Maps
8. Working with Spatial Data
9. Improving the DISTAL Application
10. Tools for Web-based Geospatial Development
11. Putting It All Together – a Complete Mapping System
12. ShapeEditor – Importing and Exporting Shapefiles
13. ShapeEditor – Selecting and Editing Features « less
For Windows, Exchange 2007, and MOM V3
This Cookbook by Windows PowerShell team developer Lee Holmes provides hundreds of tested scripts that you can use right away to get Microsoft's new tool working for you. More than 150 recipes, combined with a concise task-based introduction to the Windows PowerShell scripting language and environment, more » make it the perfect look-up guide when you encounter a thorny problem, or need a quick solution. The ideal companion to any tutorial or reference, this book meets the needs of system administrators at any level.
Microsoft has revolutionized the world of system management and command-line shells with its release of Windows PowerShell, and Lee Holmes gives you practical tools and inside advice that will make you a more productive user and administrator. You will be able to solve everything from automating routine tasks, working with files, event logs and other forms of structured data, to managing the users and resources of complex Windows networks. Each recipe includes a focused piece of code plus discussion of how and why it works, so that you can apply the solution to similar tasks.
You get an array of recipes covering PowerShell fundamentals, common tasks, and administrator tasks, including:
* Pipelines, variables, objects, looping and flow control, strings and unstructured text, calculations and math
* Simple files; structured files; Internet-enabled scripts; code reuse; lists, arrays and hashtables; user feedback; error management; environmental awareness; script signing; and more
* Files and directories, registry manipulation, comparing data, event logs, process cmdlets, service cmdlets, Active Directory, enterprise computer management, and more
Those who administer Microsoft's Exchange 2007 and System Center Operations Manager (formerly MOM) will also benefit from this book, with separate chapters devoted to these servers. All Windows administrators will appreciate the appendices that include a PowerShell language quick reference, and a reference to the .NET, WMI and COM objects that PowerShell scripters will use often.
With working scripts, tutorials, and references all in one volume, Windows PowerShell Cookbook will turbocharge the productivity of any Windows administrator. « less
Over 80 hands-on recipes to effectively administer and manage your Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in enterprise environments
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Implement the commonly used roles and features provided by Windows Server 2012 R2 effectively
* Make your Microsoft network infrastructure more streamlined and efficient than ever
* Hands-on recipes with lots of tips and tricks intended to assist experienced adminstrators
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for system administrators and IT professionals with experience in Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environments who are looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows network
* Navigate the new Server 2012 R2 interface efficiently
* Implement solid networking and security practices into your Windows Server environment
* Design your own PKI and start issuing certificates today
* Connect your remote laptops back to the corporate network using Microsoft's own remote access technologies, including DirectAccess
* Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by configuring Remote Desktop Services
* Compose optimal Group Policies
* Facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting
This book will help you to understand the essential administrative tasks in Windows Server 2012, and will also introduce you to the new features in R2. Starting with familiarizing yourself with the look and feel of Windows Server 2012 R2, you will learn how to navigate through some daily tasks in R2 using the graphical interface, and then reflect on the most common infrastructure tasks needed to create a successful Windows Active Directory environment. You will learn how to compose optimal Group Policies and facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting.
By the end of this book, you will know how to take your Windows Server 2012 R2-powered server and turn it into any common infrastructure role that might be required in your company. « less
With .NET Core, cross-platform develop is easier and backward compatibility is no problem. Author Giancarlo Lelli guides you through the fundamentals of .NET Core in his latest book, .NET Core Succinctly. Within its pages you will learn to harness this open-source, cloud-optimized port of the .NET Framework more » for modern apps. « less
James McCaffrey’s SciPy Programming Succinctly offers readers a quick, thorough grounding in knowledge of the Python open source extension SciPy. The SciPy library, accompanied by its interdependent NumPy, offers Python programmers advanced functions that work with arrays and matrices. Each section presents more » a complete demo program for programmers to experiment with, carefully chosen examples to best illustrate each function, and resources for further learning. Use this e-book to install and edit SciPy, and use arrays, matrices, and combinatorics in Python programming. « less
On Track from Start to Finish
Apply the latest project management techniques and prepare for CompTIA Project+ certification
This fully updated self-study guide and professional resource shows how to successfully manage projects and prepare for the challenging CompTIA Project+ exam. Project Management with CompTIA Project+: On more » Track from Start to Finish, Fourth Edition, walks you through each step of the project management process, covering critical strategies for on-time and within-budget projects. You’ll get complete explanations of every objective on the CompTIA Project+ exam along with end of chapter summaries, quizzes, and exercises that reinforce key points.
• Initiating the project
• Developing project plans
• Working with management
• Managing project scope
• Creating the budget
• Building a project plan
• Organizing a project team
• Managing teams
• Implementing the project plan
• Revising the project plan
• Enforcing quality
• Completing the project
Electronic content includes:
• Two complete practice exams
• Video training from the author
• Templates and worksheets
• Secured book PDF « less
Create and unleash the power of neural networks by implementing professional Java code
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn to build amazing projects using neural networks including forecasting the weather and pattern recognition
* Explore the Java multi-platform feature to run your personal neural networks everywhere
* This step-by-step guide will help you solve real-world problems and links neural more » network theory to their application
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Java developers who want to know how to develop smarter applications using the power of neural networks. Those who deal with a lot of complex data and want to use it efficiently in their day-to-day apps will find this book quite useful. Some basic experience with statistical computations is expected.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Develop an understanding of neural networks and how they can be fitted
* Explore the learning process of neural networks
* Build neural network applications with Java using hands-on examples
* Discover the power of neural network's unsupervised learning process to extract the intrinsic knowledge hidden behind the data
* Apply the code generated in practical examples, including weather forecasting and pattern recognition
* Understand how to make the best choice of learning parameters to ensure you have a more effective application
* Select and split data sets into training, test, and validation, and explore validation strategies
Want to discover the current state-of-art in the field of neural networks that will let you understand and design new strategies to apply to more complex problems? This book takes you on a complete walkthrough of the process of developing basic to advanced practical examples based on neural networks with Java, giving you everything you need to stand out.
You will first learn the basics of neural networks and their process of learning. We then focus on what Perceptrons are and their features. Next, you will implement self-organizing maps using practical examples. Further on, you will learn about some of the applications that are presented in this book such as weather forecasting, disease diagnosis, customer profiling, generalization, extreme machine learning, and characters recognition (OCR). Finally, you will learn methods to optimize and adapt neural networks in real time.
All the examples generated in the book are provided in the form of illustrative source code, which merges object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and neural network features to enhance your learning experience.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book takes you on a steady learning curve, teaching you the important concepts while being rich in examples. You'll be able to relate to the examples in the book while implementing neural networks in your day-to-day applications. « less
Develop Real-Life Examples with Python, Pillow, and SciPy
Write your own Digital Image Processing programs with the use of pillow, scipy.ndimage, and matplotlib in Python 3 with Raspberry Pi 3 as the hardware platform. This concise quick-start guide provides working code examples and exercises. Learn how to interface Raspberry Pi with various image sensors.
What more » You'll Learn
•Understand Raspberry Pi concepts and setup
•Understand digital image processing concepts
•Study pillow, the friendly PIL fork
•Explore scipy.ndimage and matplotlib
•Master use of the Pi camera and webcam
Who This Book Is For
Raspberry Pi and IoT enthusiasts, digital image processing enthusiasts, Python and Open Source enthusiasts and professionals « less