Create and unleash the power of neural networks by implementing professional Java code
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn to build amazing projects using neural networks including forecasting the weather and pattern recognition
* Explore the Java multi-platform feature to run your personal neural networks everywhere
* This step-by-step guide will help you solve real-world problems and links neural more » network theory to their application
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Java developers who want to know how to develop smarter applications using the power of neural networks. Those who deal with a lot of complex data and want to use it efficiently in their day-to-day apps will find this book quite useful. Some basic experience with statistical computations is expected.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Develop an understanding of neural networks and how they can be fitted
* Explore the learning process of neural networks
* Build neural network applications with Java using hands-on examples
* Discover the power of neural network's unsupervised learning process to extract the intrinsic knowledge hidden behind the data
* Apply the code generated in practical examples, including weather forecasting and pattern recognition
* Understand how to make the best choice of learning parameters to ensure you have a more effective application
* Select and split data sets into training, test, and validation, and explore validation strategies
Want to discover the current state-of-art in the field of neural networks that will let you understand and design new strategies to apply to more complex problems? This book takes you on a complete walkthrough of the process of developing basic to advanced practical examples based on neural networks with Java, giving you everything you need to stand out.
You will first learn the basics of neural networks and their process of learning. We then focus on what Perceptrons are and their features. Next, you will implement self-organizing maps using practical examples. Further on, you will learn about some of the applications that are presented in this book such as weather forecasting, disease diagnosis, customer profiling, generalization, extreme machine learning, and characters recognition (OCR). Finally, you will learn methods to optimize and adapt neural networks in real time.
All the examples generated in the book are provided in the form of illustrative source code, which merges object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and neural network features to enhance your learning experience.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book takes you on a steady learning curve, teaching you the important concepts while being rich in examples. You'll be able to relate to the examples in the book while implementing neural networks in your day-to-day applications. « less
* Focus on coding with the new, improved, and powerful tools of VS 2017
* Master improved debugging and unit testing support capabilities
* Accelerate cloud development with the built-in Azure tools
Visual Studio 2017 is the all-new IDE released by Microsoft for developers, more » targeting Microsoft and other platforms to build stunning Windows and web apps. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2017 offers, but also what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
Visual Studio 2017 is packed with improvements that increase productivity, and this book will get you started with the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2017 IDE and C# 7.0. Next, you will learn to use XAML tools to build classic WPF apps, and UWP tools to build apps targeting Windows 10. Later, you will learn about .NET Core and then explore NuGet, the package manager for the Microsoft development platform. Then, you will familiarize yourself with the debugging and live unit testing techniques that comes with the IDE. Finally, you'll adapt Microsoft's implementation of cloud computing with Azure, and the Visual Studio integration with Source Control repositories.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Learn what's new in the Visual Studio 2017 IDE, C# 7.0, and how it will help developers to improve their productivity
* Learn the workloads and components of the new installation wizard and how to use the online and offline installer
* Build stunning Windows apps using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) tools
* Get familiar with .NET Core and learn how to build apps targeting this new framework
* Explore everything about NuGet packages
* Debug and test your applications using Visual Studio 2017
* Accelerate cloud development with Microsoft Azure
* Integrate Visual Studio with most popular source control repositories, such as TFS and GitHub
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kunal Chowdhury has been a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2010, starting with Silverlight to Windows app development. He is also a renowned public speaker, active blogger (by passion), and a software engineer (senior/technical lead) by profession. Over the years, he has acquired profound knowledge on various Microsoft products and helped developers throughout the world with his deep knowledge and experience.
As a technical buff, Kunal has in-depth knowledge of OOPs, C#, XAML, .NET, WPF, UWP, Visual Studio, Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure. He is also proficient in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Scrum methodology. He has written many articles, tips & tricks on his technical blog (kunal-chowdhury) for developers and consumers.
You can contact Kunal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow him on Twitter at @kunal2383 and become a part of his major fans on social media channels for the updates that he shares over there.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What’s new in Visual Studio 2017 IDE?
2. What's new in C# 7.0?
3. Building applications for Windows using XAML Tools
4. Building applications for Windows 10 using UWP Tools
5. Building application with .NET Core
6. Managing NuGet packages
7. Debugging applications with Visual Studio 2017
8. Testing applications with Visual Studio 2017
9. Accelerate cloud development with Windows Azure
10. Working with source controls « less
Application Development Strategies for Performance Optimization, Concurrency, Testability, and Code Brevity
Bring the power of functional programming to your PHP applications. From performance optimizations to concurrency, improved testability to code brevity, functional programming has a host of benefits when compared to traditional imperative programming.
Part one of Pro Functional PHP Programming takes more » you through the basics of functional programming, outlining the key concepts and how they translate into standard PHP functions and code. Part two takes this theory and shows you the strategies for implementing it to solve real problems in your new or existing PHP applications.
Functional programming is popular in languages such as Lisp, Scheme and Clojure, but PHP also contains all you need to write functional code. This book will show you how to take advantage of functional programming in your own projects, utilizing the PHP programming language that you already know.
What You'll Learn
* Discover functional programming in PHP
* Work with functional programming functions
* Design strategies for high-performance applications
* Manage business logic with functions
* Use functional programming in object-oriented and procedural applications
* Employ helper libraries in your application
* Process big data with functional PHP
Who This Book Is For
Programmers and web developers with experience of PHP who are looking to get more out of their PHP coding and be able to do more with PHP. « less
Successfully Distribute Apps
Cover every aspect of the app industry, from app idea generation through to marketing and performance monitoring. With this book you'll receive complete, reliable, up-to-date, and professional information and guidance.
Learn iOS App Distributionis every developers thorough and accessible guide to more » successfully distributing apps. For readers who already know how to code and create apps, this book explains how the app industry works, how it is evolving, and what the key trends are.
Rather than focus on the well-covered aspects of working with Swift and Xcode,you'll instead discover what it takes from a commercial standpoint to bring an app together and get it successfully out to customers. All the key technical aspects are simplified for you with non-technical backgrounds, and vast amounts of information are condensed into easy-to-understand visuals.
What You'll Learn
* Review how the app industry nuances and how it works
* Analyze app statistics and key market trends
* Position an app appropriately within the industry
* Improve app performance and related products and services
Who This Book Is For
App designers, UI/UX design professionals, coders, app marketers, game designers, asset designers and app publishing companies.The book is also suitable for inventors and non-tech readers unfamiliar with the industry but interested in investing in apps « less
Sustainable Software Development Patterns and Best Practices with C++ 17
Write maintainable, extensible, and durable software with modern C++. This book is a must for every developer, software architect, or team leader who is interested in good C++ code, and thus also wants to save development costs. If you want to teach yourself about writing clean C++, Clean C++ is exactly more » what you need. It is written to help C++ developers of all skill levels and shows by example how to write understandable, flexible, maintainable, and efficient C++ code. Even if you are a seasoned C++ developer, there are nuggets and data points in this book that you will find useful in your work.
If you don't take care with your code, you can produce a large, messy, and unmaintainable beast in any programming language. However, C++ projects in particular are prone to be messy and tend to slip into bad habits. Lots of C++ code that is written today looks as if it was written in the 1980s.
It seems that C++ developers have been forgotten by those who preach Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code principles. The Web is full of bad, but apparently very fast and highly optimized C++ code examples, with cruel syntax that completely ignores elementary principles of good design and well-written code. This book will explain how to avoid this scenario and how to get the most out of your C++ code. You'll find your coding becomes more efficient and, importantly, more fun.
What You'll Learn
* Gain sound principles and rules for clean coding in C++
* Carry out test driven development (TDD)
* Discover C++ design patterns and idioms
* Apply these design patterns
Who This Book Is For
Any C++ developer and software engineer with an interest in producing better code. « less
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you the practical use and deployment of this HTTP-based protocol from the perspectives of a client, authorization server, and resource server. You'll learn how to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides. Foreword by Ian more » Glazer.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Think of OAuth 2 as the web version of a valet key. It is an HTTP-based security protocol that allows users of a service to enable applications to use that service on their behalf without handing over full control. And OAuth is used everywhere, from Facebook and Google, to startups and cloud services.
About the Book
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you practical use and deployment of OAuth 2 from the perspectives of a client, an authorization server, and a resource server. You'll begin with an overview of OAuth and its components and interactions. Next, you'll get hands-on and build an OAuth client, an authorization server, and a protected resource. Then you'll dig into tokens, dynamic client registration, and more advanced topics. By the end, you'll be able to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides.
* Covers OAuth 2 protocol and design
* Authorization with OAuth 2
* OpenID Connect and User-Managed Access
* Implementation risks
* JOSE, introspection, revocation, and registration
* Protecting and accessing REST APIs
About the Reader
Readers need basic programming skills and knowledge of HTTP and JSON.
About the Author
Justin Richer is a systems architect and software engineer. Antonio Sanso is a security software engineer and a security researcher. Both authors contribute to open standards and open source.
Table of Contents
1. Part 1 - First steps
2. What is OAuth 2.0 and why should you care?
3. The OAuth dance
4. Part 2 - Building an OAuth 2 environment
5. Building a simple OAuth client
6. Building a simple OAuth protected resource
7. Building a simple OAuth authorization server
8. OAuth 2.0 in the real world
9. Part 3 - OAuth 2 implementation and vulnerabilities
10. Common client vulnerabilities
11. Common protected resources vulnerabilities
12. Common authorization server vulnerabilities
13. Common OAuth token vulnerabilities
14. Part 4 - Taking OAuth further
15. OAuth tokens
16. Dynamic client registration
17. User authentication with OAuth 2.0
18. Protocols and profiles using OAuth 2.0
19. Beyond bearer tokens
20. Summary and conclusions « less
* Create powerful, end-to-end applications for Blockchain using Ethereum
* Write your first program using the Solidity programming language
* Change the way you think and design your applications by using the all new database-Blockchain
Blockchain is a decentralized more » ledger that maintains a continuously growing list of data records that are secured from tampering and revision. Every user is allowed to connect to the network, send new transactions to it, verify transactions, and create new blocks, making it permission-less.
This book will teach you what Blockchain is, how it maintains data integrity, and how to create real-world Blockchain projects using Ethereum. With interesting real-world projects, you will learn how to write smart contracts which run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship, or third-party interference, and build end-to-end applications for Blockchain.
You will learn about concepts such as cryptography in cryptocurrencies, ether security, mining , smart contracts, solidity, and more. You will also learn about web sockets, various API services for Ethereum, and much more.
The blockchain is the main technical innovation of bitcoin, where it serves as the public ledger for bitcoin transactions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Walk through the basics of the Blockchain technology
* Implement Blockchain's technology and its features, and see what can be achieved using them
* Build DApps using Solidity and Web3.js
* Understand the geth command and cryptography
* Create Ethereum wallets
* Explore consortium blockchain
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Narayan Prusty is currently working at a Blockchain company (Attores). Attores platform is an Ethereum product.
Narayan writes Smart Contracts and also build the front end using Web3.js. He has been working on Ethereum for last 6 months.
You can connect with him on LinkedIn at https://in.linkedin.com/in/narayanprusty. You can tweet him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/narayanprusty. Or you can check out his company s website, http://qnimate.com/.
A Practitioner's Approach
Although interest in machine learning has reached a high point, lofty expectations often scuttle projects before they get very far. How can machine learning—especially deep neural networks—make a real difference in your organization? This hands-on guide not only provides the most practical information more » available on the subject, but also helps you get started building efficient deep learning networks.
Authors Adam Gibson and Josh Patterson provide theory on deep learning before introducing their open-source Deeplearning4j (DL4J) library for developing production-class workflows. Through real-world examples, you’ll learn methods and strategies for training deep network architectures and running deep learning workflows on Spark and Hadoop with DL4J.
* Dive into machine learning concepts in general, as well as deep learning in particular
* Understand how deep networks evolved from neural network fundamentals
* Explore the major deep network architectures, including Convolutional and Recurrent
* Learn how to map specific deep networks to the right problem
* Walk through the fundamentals of tuning general neural networks and specific deep network architectures
* Use vectorization techniques for different data types with DataVec, DL4J’s workflow tool
* Learn how to use DL4J natively on Spark and Hadoop « less
Develop 2D and 3D games Using Apple's SceneKit and SpriteKit
Learn the fundamental elements of the new Swift 3 programming language as applied to game development for new iOS 10.
In Part 1 of this book, you'll start with a basic 2D game idea and build the game throughout the book introducing each SpriteKit topic as you add new functionality to the game. By more » the end of the book, you'll have experience with all the important SpriteKit topics and have a fully functional game as a result. In Part 2, you'll learn 3D game development using Apple's SceneKit framework and the Swift programming language, following the same pattern used for Part 1.
Game apps are one of the most popular categories in the Apple iTunes App Store. In response,James Goodwill and Wesley Matlock bring you Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS, Third Edition an update to their best-selling work. After reading and using this book, you'll have the skills and the code to build your first 2D and then 3D game app that you can run on any iOS-enabled device.
What you’ll learn
* Discover what’s in the new Swift 3 programming language
* Apply Swift 3 to iOS 10 and 9 game development
* Build a 2D game app using SpriteKit and Swift
* Build a 3D game from 2D using SceneKit and Swift
Who this book is for
iOS app developers new to Swift or for those thinking of trying iOS game app development for the very first time. « less
With .NET Core, cross-platform develop is easier and backward compatibility is no problem. Author Giancarlo Lelli guides you through the fundamentals of .NET Core in his latest book, .NET Core Succinctly. Within its pages you will learn to harness this open-source, cloud-optimized port of the .NET Framework more » for modern apps. « less