Create and unleash the power of neural networks by implementing professional Java code
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn to build amazing projects using neural networks including forecasting the weather and pattern recognition
* Explore the Java multi-platform feature to run your personal neural networks everywhere
* This step-by-step guide will help you solve real-world problems and links neural more » network theory to their application
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Java developers who want to know how to develop smarter applications using the power of neural networks. Those who deal with a lot of complex data and want to use it efficiently in their day-to-day apps will find this book quite useful. Some basic experience with statistical computations is expected.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Develop an understanding of neural networks and how they can be fitted
* Explore the learning process of neural networks
* Build neural network applications with Java using hands-on examples
* Discover the power of neural network's unsupervised learning process to extract the intrinsic knowledge hidden behind the data
* Apply the code generated in practical examples, including weather forecasting and pattern recognition
* Understand how to make the best choice of learning parameters to ensure you have a more effective application
* Select and split data sets into training, test, and validation, and explore validation strategies
Want to discover the current state-of-art in the field of neural networks that will let you understand and design new strategies to apply to more complex problems? This book takes you on a complete walkthrough of the process of developing basic to advanced practical examples based on neural networks with Java, giving you everything you need to stand out.
You will first learn the basics of neural networks and their process of learning. We then focus on what Perceptrons are and their features. Next, you will implement self-organizing maps using practical examples. Further on, you will learn about some of the applications that are presented in this book such as weather forecasting, disease diagnosis, customer profiling, generalization, extreme machine learning, and characters recognition (OCR). Finally, you will learn methods to optimize and adapt neural networks in real time.
All the examples generated in the book are provided in the form of illustrative source code, which merges object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and neural network features to enhance your learning experience.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This book takes you on a steady learning curve, teaching you the important concepts while being rich in examples. You'll be able to relate to the examples in the book while implementing neural networks in your day-to-day applications. « less
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you the practical use and deployment of this HTTP-based protocol from the perspectives of a client, authorization server, and resource server. You'll learn how to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides. Foreword by Ian more » Glazer.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Think of OAuth 2 as the web version of a valet key. It is an HTTP-based security protocol that allows users of a service to enable applications to use that service on their behalf without handing over full control. And OAuth is used everywhere, from Facebook and Google, to startups and cloud services.
About the Book
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you practical use and deployment of OAuth 2 from the perspectives of a client, an authorization server, and a resource server. You'll begin with an overview of OAuth and its components and interactions. Next, you'll get hands-on and build an OAuth client, an authorization server, and a protected resource. Then you'll dig into tokens, dynamic client registration, and more advanced topics. By the end, you'll be able to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides.
* Covers OAuth 2 protocol and design
* Authorization with OAuth 2
* OpenID Connect and User-Managed Access
* Implementation risks
* JOSE, introspection, revocation, and registration
* Protecting and accessing REST APIs
About the Reader
Readers need basic programming skills and knowledge of HTTP and JSON.
About the Author
Justin Richer is a systems architect and software engineer. Antonio Sanso is a security software engineer and a security researcher. Both authors contribute to open standards and open source.
Table of Contents
1. Part 1 - First steps
2. What is OAuth 2.0 and why should you care?
3. The OAuth dance
4. Part 2 - Building an OAuth 2 environment
5. Building a simple OAuth client
6. Building a simple OAuth protected resource
7. Building a simple OAuth authorization server
8. OAuth 2.0 in the real world
9. Part 3 - OAuth 2 implementation and vulnerabilities
10. Common client vulnerabilities
11. Common protected resources vulnerabilities
12. Common authorization server vulnerabilities
13. Common OAuth token vulnerabilities
14. Part 4 - Taking OAuth further
15. OAuth tokens
16. Dynamic client registration
17. User authentication with OAuth 2.0
18. Protocols and profiles using OAuth 2.0
19. Beyond bearer tokens
20. Summary and conclusions « less
* Create powerful, end-to-end applications for Blockchain using Ethereum
* Write your first program using the Solidity programming language
* Change the way you think and design your applications by using the all new database-Blockchain
Blockchain is a decentralized more » ledger that maintains a continuously growing list of data records that are secured from tampering and revision. Every user is allowed to connect to the network, send new transactions to it, verify transactions, and create new blocks, making it permission-less.
This book will teach you what Blockchain is, how it maintains data integrity, and how to create real-world Blockchain projects using Ethereum. With interesting real-world projects, you will learn how to write smart contracts which run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship, or third-party interference, and build end-to-end applications for Blockchain.
You will learn about concepts such as cryptography in cryptocurrencies, ether security, mining , smart contracts, solidity, and more. You will also learn about web sockets, various API services for Ethereum, and much more.
The blockchain is the main technical innovation of bitcoin, where it serves as the public ledger for bitcoin transactions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Walk through the basics of the Blockchain technology
* Implement Blockchain's technology and its features, and see what can be achieved using them
* Build DApps using Solidity and Web3.js
* Understand the geth command and cryptography
* Create Ethereum wallets
* Explore consortium blockchain
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Narayan Prusty is currently working at a Blockchain company (Attores). Attores platform is an Ethereum product.
Narayan writes Smart Contracts and also build the front end using Web3.js. He has been working on Ethereum for last 6 months.
You can connect with him on LinkedIn at https://in.linkedin.com/in/narayanprusty. You can tweet him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/narayanprusty. Or you can check out his company s website, http://qnimate.com/.
A Practitioner's Approach
Although interest in machine learning has reached a high point, lofty expectations often scuttle projects before they get very far. How can machine learning—especially deep neural networks—make a real difference in your organization? This hands-on guide not only provides the most practical information more » available on the subject, but also helps you get started building efficient deep learning networks.
Authors Adam Gibson and Josh Patterson provide theory on deep learning before introducing their open-source Deeplearning4j (DL4J) library for developing production-class workflows. Through real-world examples, you’ll learn methods and strategies for training deep network architectures and running deep learning workflows on Spark and Hadoop with DL4J.
* Dive into machine learning concepts in general, as well as deep learning in particular
* Understand how deep networks evolved from neural network fundamentals
* Explore the major deep network architectures, including Convolutional and Recurrent
* Learn how to map specific deep networks to the right problem
* Walk through the fundamentals of tuning general neural networks and specific deep network architectures
* Use vectorization techniques for different data types with DataVec, DL4J’s workflow tool
* Learn how to use DL4J natively on Spark and Hadoop « less
Develop 2D and 3D games Using Apple's SceneKit and SpriteKit
Learn the fundamental elements of the new Swift 3 programming language as applied to game development for new iOS 10.
In Part 1 of this book, you'll start with a basic 2D game idea and build the game throughout the book introducing each SpriteKit topic as you add new functionality to the game. By more » the end of the book, you'll have experience with all the important SpriteKit topics and have a fully functional game as a result. In Part 2, you'll learn 3D game development using Apple's SceneKit framework and the Swift programming language, following the same pattern used for Part 1.
Game apps are one of the most popular categories in the Apple iTunes App Store. In response,James Goodwill and Wesley Matlock bring you Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS, Third Edition an update to their best-selling work. After reading and using this book, you'll have the skills and the code to build your first 2D and then 3D game app that you can run on any iOS-enabled device.
What you’ll learn
* Discover what’s in the new Swift 3 programming language
* Apply Swift 3 to iOS 10 and 9 game development
* Build a 2D game app using SpriteKit and Swift
* Build a 3D game from 2D using SceneKit and Swift
Who this book is for
iOS app developers new to Swift or for those thinking of trying iOS game app development for the very first time. « less
With .NET Core, cross-platform develop is easier and backward compatibility is no problem. Author Giancarlo Lelli guides you through the fundamentals of .NET Core in his latest book, .NET Core Succinctly. Within its pages you will learn to harness this open-source, cloud-optimized port of the .NET Framework more » for modern apps. « less
James McCaffrey’s SciPy Programming Succinctly offers readers a quick, thorough grounding in knowledge of the Python open source extension SciPy. The SciPy library, accompanied by its interdependent NumPy, offers Python programmers advanced functions that work with arrays and matrices. Each section presents more » a complete demo program for programmers to experiment with, carefully chosen examples to best illustrate each function, and resources for further learning. Use this e-book to install and edit SciPy, and use arrays, matrices, and combinatorics in Python programming. « less
On Track from Start to Finish
Apply the latest project management techniques and prepare for CompTIA Project+ certification
This fully updated self-study guide and professional resource shows how to successfully manage projects and prepare for the challenging CompTIA Project+ exam. Project Management with CompTIA Project+: On more » Track from Start to Finish, Fourth Edition, walks you through each step of the project management process, covering critical strategies for on-time and within-budget projects. You’ll get complete explanations of every objective on the CompTIA Project+ exam along with end of chapter summaries, quizzes, and exercises that reinforce key points.
• Initiating the project
• Developing project plans
• Working with management
• Managing project scope
• Creating the budget
• Building a project plan
• Organizing a project team
• Managing teams
• Implementing the project plan
• Revising the project plan
• Enforcing quality
• Completing the project
Electronic content includes:
• Two complete practice exams
• Video training from the author
• Templates and worksheets
• Secured book PDF « less
Develop Real-Life Examples with Python, Pillow, and SciPy
Write your own Digital Image Processing programs with the use of pillow, scipy.ndimage, and matplotlib in Python 3 with Raspberry Pi 3 as the hardware platform. This concise quick-start guide provides working code examples and exercises. Learn how to interface Raspberry Pi with various image sensors.
What more » You'll Learn
•Understand Raspberry Pi concepts and setup
•Understand digital image processing concepts
•Study pillow, the friendly PIL fork
•Explore scipy.ndimage and matplotlib
•Master use of the Pi camera and webcam
Who This Book Is For
Raspberry Pi and IoT enthusiasts, digital image processing enthusiasts, Python and Open Source enthusiasts and professionals « less