Design and implement successful private clouds with OpenStack
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Explore the various design choices available for cloud architects within an OpenStack deployment
* Craft an OpenStack architecture and deployment pipeline to meet the unique needs of your organization
* Create a product roadmap for Infrastructure as a Service in your organization more » using this hands-on guide
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is written especially for those who will design OpenStack clouds and lead their implementation. These people are typically cloud architects, but may also be in product management, systems engineering, or enterprise architecture.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Familiarize yourself with the components of OpenStack
* Build an increasingly complex OpenStack lab deployment
* Write compelling documentation for the architecture teams within your organization
* Apply Agile configuration management techniques to deploy OpenStack
* Integrate OpenStack with your organization's identity management, provisioning, and billing systems
* Configure a robust virtual environment for users to interact with
* Use enterprise security guidelines for your OpenStack deployment
* Create a product roadmap that delivers functionality quickly to the users of your platform
Over the last five years, hundreds of organizations have successfully implemented Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms based on OpenStack. The huge amount of investment from these organizations, industry giants such as IBM and HP, as well as open source leaders such as Red Hat have led analysts to label OpenStack as the most important open source technology since the Linux operating system. Because of its ambitious scope, OpenStack is a complex and fast-evolving open source project that requires a diverse skill-set to design and implement it.
This guide leads you through each of the major decision points that you'll face while architecting an OpenStack private cloud for your organization. At each point, we offer you advice based on the experience we've gained from designing and leading successful OpenStack projects in a wide range of industries. Each chapter also includes lab material that gives you a chance to install and configure the technologies used to build production-quality OpenStack clouds. Most importantly, we focus on ensuring that your OpenStack project meets the needs of your organization, which will guarantee a successful rollout.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is practical, hands-on guide to implementing OpenStack clouds, where each topic is illustrated with real-world examples and then the technical points are proven in the lab. « less
What You Will Learn:
* Master functional programming concepts
* Understand real-world functional libraries and create a functional library that mimics underscore.js
* Perform pure-error handling techniques such as functors and monads
* Discover ES6 functional features such as spread operators and generators
Who This Book Is For:
Learn computer basic hardware, Linux, Window 10, Internet & Short Office 2016 introduction in this book
This book will help its readers to know more about the basics of computer hardware and its peripheral devices, number system, operating system. This book also contains information about Windows 10 operating system and its interface, Linux introduction, installing linux, Ubuntu linux interface root/console more » & command line control and its structure, understating internet & its concept as well as tips about Microsoft office 2016, detail explanation about Microsoft office application menu & tab complete description. « less
What You Need to Know about Computers, the Internet, Privacy, and Security
Computers are everywhere. Some of them are highly visible, in laptops, tablets, cell phones, and smart watches. But most are invisible, like those in appliances, cars, medical equipment, transportation systems, power grids, and weapons. We never see the myriad computers that quietly collect, share, and more » sometimes leak vast amounts of personal data about us. Through computers, governments and companies increasingly monitor what we do. Social networks and advertisers know far more about us than we should be comfortable with, using information we freely give them. Criminals have all-too-easy access to our data. Do we truly understand the power of computers in our world?
Understanding the Digital World explains how computer hardware, software, networks, and systems work. Topics include how computers are built and how they compute; what programming is and why it is difficult; how the Internet and the web operate; and how all of these affect our security, privacy, property, and other important social, political, and economic issues. This book also touches on fundamental ideas from computer science and some of the inherent limitations of computers. It includes numerous color illustrations, notes on sources for further exploration, and a glossary to explain technical terms and buzzwords.
Understanding the Digital World is a must-read for all who want to know more about computers and communications. It explains, precisely and carefully, not only how they operate but also how they influence our daily lives, in terms anyone can understand, no matter what their experience and knowledge of technology. « less
* Learn how to use the MVVM software architectural pattern and see the benefits of using it with Windows Presentation Fountain (WPF) * Explore various ways to enhance efficiency through performance tuning and UI automation
* Obtain a deep understanding of data validation and understand more » various methods that suit different situations
Windows Presentation Foundation is rich in possibilities when it comes to delivering an excellent user experience. This book will show you how to build professional-grade applications that look great and work smoothly. We start by providing you with a foundation of knowledge to improve your workflow - this includes teaching you how to build the base layer of the application, which will support all that comes after it. We’ll also cover the useful details of data binding. Next, we cover the user interface and show you how to get the most out of the built-in and custom WPF controls. The final section of the book demonstrates ways to polish your applications, from adding practical animations and data validation to improving application performance. The book ends with a tutorial on how to deploy your applications and outlines potential ways to apply your new-found knowledge so you can put it to use right away. The book also covers 2D and 3D graphics, UI automation, and performance tuning.
What you will learn
* Use MVVM to improve workflow
* Create visually stunning user interfaces
* Perform data binds proficiently Implement advanced data validation
* Locate and resolve errors quickly
* Master practical animations Improve your applications’ performance
About the Author
Sheridan Yuen is a Microsoft .NET MCTS and Oracle Java SCJP certified software developer, living in London, England. His passion for coding made him stand out from the crowd right from the start. From his second year onward at university, he was employed to be a teaching assistant for the first year student coding « less
Learn functional data structures and algorithms for your applications and bring their benefits to your work now
About This Book
Moving from object-oriented programming to functional programming? This book will help you get started with functional programming. Easy-to-understand explanations of practical topics will help you get started with functional data structures. Illustrative diagrams to explain the algorithms more » in detail. Get hands-on practice of Scala to get the most out of functional programming.
Who This Book Is
For This book is for those who have some experience in functional programming languages. The data structures in this book are primarily written in Scala, however implementing the algorithms in other functional languages should be straight forward.
What You Will Learn
* Learn to think in the functional paradigm
* Understand common data structures and the associated algorithms, as well as the context in which they are commonly used
* Take a look at the runtime and space complexities with the O notation
* See how ADTs are implemented in a functional setting
* Explore the basic theme of immutability and persistent data structures
* Find out how the internal algorithms are redesigned to exploit structural sharing, so that the persistent data structures perform well, avoiding needless copying. Get to know functional features like lazy evaluation and recursion used to implement efficient algorithms
* Gain Scala best practices and idioms
Functional data structures have the power to improve the codebase of an application and improve efficiency. With the advent of functional programming and with powerful functional languages such as Scala, Clojure and Elixir becoming part of important enterprise applications, functional data structures have gained an important place in the developer toolkit. Immutability is a cornerstone of functional programming. Immutable and persistent data structures are thread safe by « less
* Build and deploy Tabular Model projects from relational data sources
* Leverage DAX and create high-performing calculated fields and measures
* Create ad-hoc reports based on a Tabular Model solution
* Useful tips to monitor and optimize your tabular solutions
SQL more » Server Analysis Service (SSAS) has been widely used across multiple businesses to build smart online analytical reporting solutions. It includes two different types of modeling for analysis services: Tabular and Multi Dimensional. This book covers Tabular modeling, which uses tables and relationships with a fast in-memory engine to provide state of the art compression algorithms and query performance. The book begins by quickly taking you through the concepts required to model tabular data and set up the necessary tools and services. As you learn to create tabular models using tools such as Excel and Power View, you’ll be shown various strategies to deploy your model on the server and choose a query mode (In-memory or DirectQuery) that best suits your reporting needs.
You’ll also learn how to implement key and newly introduced DAX functions to create calculated columns and measures for your model data. Last but not least, you’ll be shown techniques that will help you administer and secure your BI implementation along with some widely used tips and tricks to optimize your reporting solution. By the end of this book, you’ll have gained hands-on experience with the powerful new features that have been added to Tabular models in SSAS 2016 and you’ll be able to improve user satisfaction with faster reports and analytical queries. What you will learn Learn all about Tabular services mode and how it speeds up development Build solutions using sample datasets Explore built-in actions and transitions in SSAS 2016 Implement row-column, and role-based security in a Tabular Data model Realize the benefits of in-memory and DirectQuery deployment « less
The New Growth Model from the Sinister World of Hackers
Hackers are a global fascination with cybercrime representing our single biggest threat to national security. But putting their sinister motives aside, the dark underworld of hackers contains some of the most creative minds on the planet.
A definitive guide to cybersecurity law
Expanding on the author’s experience as a cybersecurity lawyer and law professor, Cybersecurity Law is the definitive guide to cybersecurity law, with an in-depth analysis of U.S. and international laws that apply to data security, data breaches, sensitive information safeguarding, law enforcement surveillance, more » cybercriminal combat, privacy, and many other cybersecurity issues. Written in an accessible manner, the book provides real-world examples and case studies to help readers understand the practical applications of the presented material. The book begins by outlining the legal requirements for data security, which synthesizes the Federal Trade Commission’s cybersecurity cases in order to provide the background of the FTC’s views on data security. The book also examines data security requirements imposed by a growing number of state legislatures and private litigation arising from data breaches. Anti-hacking laws, such as the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Economic Espionage Act, and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and how companies are able to fight cybercriminals while ensuring compliance with the U.S. Constitution and statutes are discussed thoroughly. Featuring an overview of the laws that allow coordination between the public and private sectors as well as the tools that regulators have developed to allow a limited amount of collaboration, this book also:
• Addresses current U.S. and international laws, regulations, and court opinions that define the field of cybersecurity including the security of sensitive information, such as financial data and health information
• Discusses the cybersecurity requirements of the largest U.S. trading partners in Europe, Asia, and Latin America, and specifically addresses how these requirements are similar to (and differ from) those in the U.S.
• Provides a compilation of many of the most important cybersecurity statutes and regulations
• Emphasizes the compliance obligations of companies with in-depth analysis of crucial U.S. and international laws that apply to cybersecurity issues
• Examines government surveillance laws and privacy laws that affect cybersecurity as well as each of the data breach notification laws in 47 states and the District of Columbia
• Includes numerous case studies and examples throughout to aid in classroom use and to help readers better understand the presented material
• Supplemented with a companion website that features in-class discussion questions and timely and recent updates on recent legislative developments as well as information on interesting cases on relevant and significant topics
Cybersecurity Law is appropriate as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate-level courses in cybersecurity, cybersecurity law, cyber operations, management-oriented information technology (IT), and computer science. This book is also an ideal reference for lawyers, IT professionals, government personnel, business managers, IT management personnel, auditors, and cybersecurity insurance providers.
JEFF KOSSEFF is Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity Law at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. He frequently speaks and writes about cybersecurity and was a journalist covering technology and politics at The Oregonian, a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize, and a recipient of the George Polk Award for national reporting. « less
A Problem-Solution Approach
Customize all your PrestaShop themes with easy-to-follow recipes designed to remedy common pitfalls.
Separated clearly into subjects, you will easily be able to look up the problem you are having and find a solution. Free of jargon and long sections of theory,PrestaShop Recipesenables you to troubleshoot more » and learn all at the same time.
This book will aid you in your PrestaShop development – the free, open source e-commerce content management solution written in PHP and with support for MySQL. Accessible to small start-ups or larger businesses, it is becoming a very popular eCommerce solution and this book will enable you to use it to its full potential.
What You'll Learn
* See how PrestaShop works and how it can be customized
* Turn your PS site into a Booking site
* Turn your PS site into an Events Booking site
* Apply SEO strategies and improve performance
Who This Book Is For
PS site owners and developers who are interested in improving or customizing their shop. Site owners will get the same benefit from it as developers because the ‘recipe’ idea is to provide an easy to follow guide for making customizations a reality. « less