Get the most out of the rich development capabilities of SQL Server 2016 to build efficient database applications for your organization
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Utilize the new enhancements in Transact-SQL and security features in SQL Server 2016 to build efficient database applications
* Work with temporal tables to get information about data stored in the table at any point in time
* A detailed guide to SQL Server 2016, introducing you more » to multiple new features and enhancements to improve your overall development experience
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for database developers and solution architects who plan to use the new SQL Server 2016 features for developing efficient database applications. It is also ideal for experienced SQL Server developers who want to switch to SQL Server 2016 for its rich development capabilities. Some understanding of the basic database concepts and Transact-SQL language is assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Explore the new development features introduced in SQL Server 2016
* Identify opportunities for In-Memory OLTP technology, significantly enhanced in SQL Server 2016
* Use columnstore indexes to get significant storage and performance improvements
* Extend database design solutions using temporal tables
* Exchange JSON data between applications and SQL Server in a more efficient way
* Migrate historical data transparently and securely to Microsoft Azure by using Stretch Database
* Use the new security features to encrypt or to have more granular control over access to rows in a table
* Simplify performance troubleshooting with Query Store « less
A practical guide to learning data structures simply and easily
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* This book is a very practical, friendly, and useful guide that will help you analyze problems and choose the right data structures for your solution
* Learn to recognize data patterns for determining which structures apply to a given problem
* Explore the unique rules or "gotchas" more » that will help you become an excellent programmer
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you're self-taught programmers in any language who wants to gain a solid understanding of data structures and how to use them to solve real-world problems in your day-to-day development work, then this book is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* A rapid overview of data types, applications for each type, best practices and high-level variations between platforms
* Review the most common data structures and build working examples in the languages used for mobile platform software development
* Understand advanced data structure concepts such as generic collections, searching and sorting algorithms, and recursion
* Learn to use Stacks (LIFO) and queues (FIFO) in your daily application
* Add/remove objects and nest arrays and dictionaries within another dictionary and understand why such architecture is often preferred or necessary
* Get acquainted with the tree structures such as heap, binary, and graphs, apply them to work
* Unleash the power of different sorting techniques such as bubble sort, quick sort, merge sort, insertion sort, and radix sort
* Perform searching operations on arrays, heaps, graphs, and binary trees in different languages
* « less
Essential Skills for Network Analysis
Wireshark is the world's most popular network analyzer tool with over 1 million downloads per month. As the Founder of Wireshark University, Laura Chappell is undoubtedly one of the best Wireshark instructors around.
In this updated book, Laura offers step-by-step instructions on the key functions more » and features of Wireshark, including:
* Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
* Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
* Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
* Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
* Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
* Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
* Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
* Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
* Export important packet details to .csv format
* ...and more
This book includes 46 step-by-step Labs to quickly bring you up to speed with Wireshark version 2 regardless of whether you are a newbie or already working with Wireshark today! « less
Proven Database Optimization Solutions―Fully Updated for Oracle Database 12c Release 2
Systematically identify and eliminate database performance problems with help from Oracle Certified Master Richard Niemiec. Filled with real-world case studies and best practices, Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Performance more » Tuning Tips and Techniques details the latest monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization methods. Find out how to identify and fix bottlenecks on premises and in the cloud, configure storage devices, execute effective queries, and develop bug-free SQL and PL/SQL code. Testing, reporting, and security enhancements are also covered in this Oracle Press guide.
• Properly index and partition Oracle Database 12c Release 2
• Work effectively with Oracle Cloud, Oracle Exadata, and Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Efficiently manage disk drives, ASM, RAID arrays, and memory
• Tune queries with Oracle SQL hints and the Trace utility
• Troubleshoot databases using V$ views and X$ tables
• Create your first cloud database service and prepare for hybrid cloud
• Generate reports using Oracle’s Statspack and Automatic Workload Repository tools
• Use sar, vmstat, and iostat to monitor operating system statistics « less
* This is the first book on the market that resolves your issues related to troubleshooting OpenVPN
* Ensure your organization's private network is protected 24x7 by resolving OpenVPN issues instantly
* Save time and costs by troubleshooting to reduce the impact on your business
BOOK more » DESCRIPTION
OpenVPN, the most widely used open source VPN package, allows you to create a secure network across systems, keeping your private data secure. Connectivity and other issues are a pain to deal with, especially if they are impacting your business. This book will help you resolve the issues faced by OpenVPN users and teach the techniques on how to troubleshoot it like a true expert. This book is a one stop solution for troubleshooting any issue related to OpenVPN.
We will start by introducing you to troubleshooting techniques such as Packet Sniffing, Log Parsing, and OpenSSL. You will see how to overcome operating system specific errors. Later on, you will get to know about network and routing errors by exploring the concepts of IPv4 and IPv6 networking issues. You will discover how to overcome these issues to improve the performance of your OpenVPN deployment.
By the end of the book, you will know the best practices, tips, and tricks to ensure the smooth running of your OpenVPN.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Diagnose and remediate authentication and authorization problems in OpenVPN
* Overcome simple network and startup script errors
* Learn OpenVPN log file format and verbosity options
* Resolve operating system-specific errors
* Discover various troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems in OpenVPN
* Improve performance « less
A visual web design guidebook for developers
You open Photoshop and stare at the blank screen. You click around, making rectangles but it doesn’t look right, and it doesn’t feel right. This isn’t the first time. You’ve tried teaching yourself design and started small practice projects. But you always second guess your work because you don’t have more » the proper background. So even when you do make progress, you question whether it looks good.
You’ve learned the basic lessons that everyone advises. Hot and cold colors, mixing font families and types, everything. But there seems to be a massive leap from there to producing original and great looking designs. You can play around with Photoshop or HTML but don’t really know why you’re doing what you’re doing.
You feel stuck, asking yourself:
- Should I draw everything out with pencil and paper or start with Photoshop?
- Should I picture a design in my mind first, then move to Photoshop?
- Or should I open Photoshop and play around until something nice comes out?
- It all leaves you wasting endless afternoons spent cursing your own design work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It Should Be So Much Easier
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When you’re a designer that wants to learn programming there are so many choices of how to start. There are websites and courses that teach programming for complete beginners and intermediates. But what about if you’re doing it the other way around, a programmer that wants to learn design?
All the available resources just teach you design theory. They talk about typography, colors and style in an abstract academic way. Not what you need. You just want practical advice that will get you started.
Have you ever visited Dribbble for design inspiration? Then left, frustrated, overwhelmed and even intimidated by their talent and creativity? How do you move from being a great developer without any formal design knowledge, to where they are? Confident designers, confident in their ability. Able to start a project and know how to make tweaks when things look “off” so that the design matches the idea in their head.
You’ve tried to teach yourself design. Some resources have been helpful. But you still struggle to turn what you learned into actual design projects. Either the material is too abstract, or it doesn’t talk enough about web design specifically. You’ve been recommended so many different books it makes your head spin. What you need is everything in one place.
When you start learning a new programming language you write ‘hello world’. What you need is a resource that teaches design in the same way. Something that shows you what language to use, how to start and what to do when you get stuck.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Exactly what you’ll get
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In Hello Design World you’ll learn:
- How to pick colors for your site
- The five types of design styles that you can use on any project
- How to use a creative brief in your design so you can hit the ground running
- How to use the inspiration process to jump start your design
- How to use a concept to make your design cohesive
- How to brand your site (and how to know if it even needs branding)
- The four basic types of alignment you should be using
- What makes a good composition (with examples)
- How to use fonts on the web
- What good typography looks like
- Why hierarchy is important
- The Design by Numbers framework
And you’ll learn it all quickly. Because it only includes things relevant to visual web design. It’s specific and practical. If you’ve been looking for a better way to learn web design, this is it. It’s everything you need and nothing more. With this book you’ll know how to make your designs look good and why they look good. Most importantly it will give you the confidence to create amazing looking designs and overcome any of common roadblocks that all designers hit. « less
Developing Apps Using Swift and Xcode
Learn how to code for the iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and MacBook using Swift, Apple's hottest programming language.
Fully updated to cover the new MacBook Touch Bar, macOS Programming for Absolute Beginners will not only teach complete programming novices how to write macOS programs, but it can also help more » experienced programmers moving to the Mac for the first time. You will learn the principles of programming, how to use Swift and Xcode, and how to combine your knowledge into writing macOS programs.
If you've always wanted to learn coding but felt stymied by the limitation of simplistic programming languages or intimidated by professional but complicated programming languages, then you'll want to learn Swift. Swift is your gateway to both Mac and iOS app development while being powerful and easy to learn at the same time, and macOS Programming for Absolute Beginners is the perfect place to start - add it to your library today.
What You'll Learn
* Master the basic principles of object-oriented programming
* Use Xcode, the main programming tool used for both macOS and iOS development
* See what makes Swift unique and powerful as a programming language and why you should learn it
* Create macOS programs using Swift and Xcode
* Apply interface principles that follow Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
* Take advantage of the new Touch Bar
Who This Book Is For
People who want to learn programming for the first time and for experienced programmers wanting to learn Xcode and the Mac for the first time. « less
A Machine Intelligence Approach
This book presents machine learning and type-2 fuzzy sets for the prediction of time-series with a particular focus on business forecasting applications. It also proposes new uncertainty management techniques in an economic time-series using type-2 fuzzy sets for prediction of the time-series at a given more » time point from its preceding value in fluctuating business environments. It employs machine learning to determine repetitively occurring similar structural patterns in the time-series and uses stochastic automaton to predict the most probabilistic structure at a given partition of the time-series. Such predictions help in determining probabilistic moves in a stock index time-series
Primarily written for graduate students and researchers in computer science, the book is equally useful for researchers/professionals in business intelligence and stock index prediction. A background of undergraduate level mathematics is presumed, although not mandatory, for most of the sections. Exercises with tips are provided at the end of each chapter to the readers’ ability and understanding of the topics covered. « less
This edited book presents essential findings in the research fields of artificial intelligence and computer vision, with a primary focus on new research ideas and results for mathematical problems involved in computer vision systems. The book provides an international forum for researchers to summarize more » the most recent developments and ideas in the field, with a special emphasis on the technical and observational results obtained in the past few years. « less
Step-By-Step C++ Book 2
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE WITH 80+ EXAMPLES
The second book in the Step-By-Step C++ Series delves further into practical C++ programming. This book serves as a teaching guide and also a reference manual to accompany you through this wonderful world of programming. Author Nathan Clark shares his nearly more » 20 years’ experience in this clear, concise and easy to follow guide.
WHAT THIS BOOK OFFERS
Each topic is broken down into small manageable sections where each concept is explained in detail. We look at the different variations and types available, what the various return values mean and even how to avoid common errors.
86 Practical Examples
With each concept, we provide one or more example to illustrate the topic in a way that makes it easy to understand. We break examples down into their basic workings, and provide the output for you to compare to your own results.
We focus on the specific syntax in each topic, as well as alternative variations and how each functions.
* Data Types
* Variable Scope
* Constants and Literals
* Modifier Types
* Classes and Objects
* Data Structure
* Date and Time « less