Build intricate virtual architecture to practice any penetration testing technique virtually
A penetration test, also known as pentest, is a method of assessing computer and network security by replicating an attack on a computer system or network from the outside world and internal threats. With the increase of advanced hackers and threats to our virtual world, pentesting is an absolute necessity.
Building more » Virtual Pentesting Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you how to build your own labs and give you a proven process to test these labs; a process that is currently used in industry by global pentesting teams. You will also learn a systematic approach to professional security testing, building routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills.
What you will learn from this book
* Build routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills
* Deploy and then find the weaknesses in a firewall architecture
* Construct a layered architecture and perform a systematic process and methodology to use for conducting an external test
* Get introduced to several of the different security testing methodologies
* Design monitored environments and evade them
* Create complex architecture
* Bypass antivirus and other protection
* Practice methods of evasion against today's top defenses
* Leverage the client configuration
Written in an easy-to-follow approach using hands-on examples, this book helps you create virtual environments for advanced penetration testing, enabling you to build a multi-layered architecture to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, web application firewalls, and endpoint protection, which is essential in the penetration testing world.
Who this book is written for
If you are a penetration tester, security consultant, security test engineer, or analyst who wants to practice and perfect penetration testing skills by building virtual pentesting labs in varying industry scenarios, this is the book for you. This book is ideal if you want to build and enhance your existing pentesting methods and skills. Basic knowledge of network security features is expected along with web application testing experience. « less
Secure your wireless networks against attacks, hacks, and intruders with this step-by-step guide
* Make your wireless networks bulletproof
* Easily secure your network from intruders
* See how the hackers do it and learn how to defend yourself
Wireless networks are everywhere. You have probably set one up yourself, but have you ever wondered just how safe you are while more » browsing online? In the majority of cases, the default settings for your networks are not enough to protect you. With your data being transferred over the air, it can be easily plucked and used by anyone who knows how. Don't let it happen to you.
BackTrack - Testing Wireless Network Security will help you secure your wireless networks and keep your personal data safe. With this book, you will learn how to configure your hardware for optimum security, find network security holes, and fix them.
BackTrack - Testing Wireless Network Security looks at what tools hackers use and shows you how to defend yourself against them. Taking you from no prior knowledge all the way to a fully secure environment, this guide provides useful tips every step of the way. Learn how to select a wireless card to work with the Backtrack tools, run spectrum analysis scans using kismet, set up test networks, and perform attacks against wireless networks. Use the tools aircrack-ng and airodump-ng to crack the wireless encryption used on the network.
You will learn everything you need to know to set up your wireless network for use within Backtrack and also how to defend yourself against the included attack tools.
What you will learn from this book
* Update and configure the Backtrack tool
* Analyze your wireless card for compatibility
* Scavenge access points, even ones with a cloaked SSID
* Pilfer information from the wireless spectrum and analyze it
* Scrutinize the Radio Frequency data and identify wireless network traffic
* Dissect wireless protocols at the packet level
* Classify attacks against wireless networks
* Deploy defenses against common attacks
Written in an easy-to-follow step-by-step format, you will be able to get started in next to no time with minimal effort and zero fuss.
Who this book is written for
BackTrack - Testing Wireless Network Security is for anyone who has an interest in security and who wants to know more about wireless networks. All you need is some experience with networks and computers and you will be ready to go. « less
Employ the most advanced pentesting techniques and tools to build highly-secured systems and environments
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to build your own pentesting lab environment to practice advanced techniques
* Customize your own scripts, and learn methods to exploit 32-bit and 64-bit programs
* Explore a vast variety of stealth techniques to bypass a number of protections when penetration testing
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for anyone who wants to improve their skills in penetration testing. As it follows a step-by-step approach, anyone from a novice to an experienced security tester can learn effective techniques to deal with highly secured environments.
Whether you are brand new or a seasoned expert, this book will provide you with the skills you need to successfully create, customize, and plan an advanced penetration test.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* A step-by-step methodology to identify and penetrate secured environments
* Get to know the process to test network services across enterprise architecture when defences are in place
* Grasp different web application testing methods and how to identify web application protections that are deployed
* Understand a variety of concepts to exploit software
* Gain proven post-exploitation techniques to exfiltrate data from the target
* Get to grips with various stealth techniques to remain undetected and defeat the latest defences
* Be the first to find out the latest methods to bypass firewalls
* Follow proven approaches to record and save the data from tests for analysis
The defences continue to improve and become more and more common, but this book will provide you with a number or proven techniques to defeat the latest defences on the networks. The methods and techniques contained will provide you with a powerful arsenal of best practices to increase your penetration testing successes.
The processes and methodology will provide you techniques that will enable you to be successful, and the step by step instructions of information gathering and intelligence will allow you to gather the required information on the targets you are testing. The exploitation and post-exploitation sections will supply you with the tools you would need to go as far as the scope of work will allow you. The challenges at the end of each chapter are designed to challenge you and provide real-world situations that will hone and perfect your penetration testing skills. You will start with a review of several well respected penetration testing methodologies, and following this you will learn a step-by-step methodology of professional security testing, including stealth, methods of evasion, and obfuscation to perform your tests and not be detected!
The final challenge will allow you to create your own complex layered architecture with defences and protections in place, and provide the ultimate testing range for you to practice the methods shown throughout the book. The challenge is as close to an actual penetration test assignment as you can get!
STYLE AND APPROACH
The book follows the standard penetration testing stages from start to finish with step-by-step examples. The book thoroughly covers penetration test expectations, proper scoping and planning, as well as enumeration and foot printing « less