Foundation Learning Guide CCNP SWITCH 300-115
Now fully updated for the new Cisco SWITCH 300-115 exam, Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guideis your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® or CCDP® preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches you how to plan, configure, verify, more » secure, and maintain complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco Catalyst® switches and Enterprise Campus Architecture.
The authors show you how to build scalable multilayer switched networks, create and deploy global intranets, and perform basic troubleshooting in environments using Cisco multilayer switches for client hosts and services. They begin by reviewing basic switching concepts, network design, and campus network architecture. Next, they present in-depth coverage of spanning-tree, inter-VLAN routing, first-hop redundancy, network management, advanced switch features, high availability, and campus network security.
Each chapter opens with a list of topics that clearly identify its focus. Each chapter ends with a summary of key concepts for quick study, as well as review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. Throughout, configuration examples, and sample verification outputs illustrate critical issues in network operation and troubleshooting.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the SWITCH 300-115 exam.
* Serves as the official textbook for version 7 of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP SWITCH course
* Covers basic switching terminology and concepts, and the unique features of Cisco Catalyst switch designs
* Reviews campus network design, including network structure, roles of Cisco Catalyst switches, and differences between Layer 2 and multilayer switches
* Introduces VLANs, VTP, Trunking, and port-channeling
* Explains Spanning Tree Protocol configuration
* Presents concepts and modern best practices for interVLAN routing
* Covers first-hop redundancy protocols used by Cisco Catalyst switches
* Outlines a holistic approach to network management and Cisco Catalyst device security with AAA, NTP, 802.1x, and SNMP
* Describes how to use advanced features to improve campus network resiliency and availability
* Shows how to establish switch physical redundancy using Stackwise, VSS, or redundant supervisors
* Explains advanced security features « less
Official Cert Guide
CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide from Cisco Press enables you to succeed on the exam the first time and is the only self-study resource approved by Cisco. Expert engineer David Hucaby shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and more » improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills.
This complete study package includes:
* A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exam
* “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
* Chapter-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
* The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
* More than 60 minutes of personal video mentoring from the author on important exam topics
* A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
* Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
David Hucaby, CCIE® No. 4594, is a lead network engineer for the University of Kentucky, where he works with a large healthcare network based on the Cisco product lines. David holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Kentucky. He is the author of several Cisco Press titles, including CCNA Wireless Cert Guide, Cisco ASA, PIX, and FWSM Firewall Handbook, Second Edition, Cisco Firewall Video Mentor, and Cisco LAN Switching Video Mentor. « less