With SAP HANA, even the most seasoned ABAP developers have some learning to do. Newbie or not, this book can help: install the Eclipse IDE, brush up your database programming skills, perform runtime and error analysis, transport old ABAP applications to HANA and more.
Once you've mastered the tasks more » in this book, it will be full speed ahead!
* Understand the impact of SAP HANA on ABAP application development
* Learn how to develop applications for SAP HANA with SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4
* Work with advanced functions such as fuzzy search and predictive analysis
The Development Environment
Get to know SAP HANA Studio and the new ABAP Development tools for SAP NetWeaver. You'll also learn how to work with the Eclipse-based development environment.
View Modeling and Database Programming
Work with the different views in SAP HANA Studio. Learn how attribute, analytic, and calculation views can help push calculation logic to the database layer. Understand how to implement database procedures with SQLScript and how to access them from ABAP.
Analyzing and Optimizing Existing Applications
Get step-by-step guidance that will help you detect performance optimization potential in existing ABAP applications, and learn how to speed them up by using SAP HANA properly
* ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
* SAP HANA Studio
* SAP HANA view modeling
* Open and Native SQL
* Application function libraries
* Transport mechanisms
* Integration of analytical functionality
* Decision tables « less