Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Quantitative Logic and Soft Computing
This book is the proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Quantitative Logic and Soft Computing (QLSC2016) held 14-17, October, 2016 in Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Hangzhou, China. It includes 61 papers, of which 5 are plenary talks( 3 abstracts and 2 full length talks). QLSC2016 was the more » fourth in a series of conferences on Quantitative Logic and Soft Computing. This conference was a major symposium for scientists, engineers and practitioners to present their updated results, ideas, developments and applications in all areas of quantitative logic and soft computing. The book aims to strengthen relations between industry research laboratories and universities in fields such as quantitative logic and soft computing worldwide as follows:
(1) Quantitative Logic and Uncertainty Logic;
(2) Automata and Quantification of Software;
(3) Fuzzy Connectives and Fuzzy Reasoning;
(4) Fuzzy Logical Algebras;
(5) Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing;
(6) Fuzzy Sets Theory and Applications. « less
This book will show you the difference between making a robot move and making a robot think. Using Mindstorms EV3 and LeJOS―an open source project for Java Mindstorms projects―you’ll learn how to create Artificial Intelligence for your bot. Your robot will learn how to problem solve, how to plan, how more » to learn, and how to communicate. Along the way, you’ll learn about classical AI algorithms for teaching hardware how to think, algorithms that you can then apply to your own robotic inspirations.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn about robotic intelligence in a practical, playful way,Beginning Robotics Programming in Java with LEGO Mindstormsis for you.
What you’ll learn:
* Build your first LEGO EV3 robot step-by-step
* Install LeJOS and its firmware on Lego EV3
* Create and upload your first Java Program into Lego EV3
* LeJOS API Functions
* Java Programming for Motors
* Robotics Behavior Programming with Sensors
* Common AI Algorithms like DFS, BFS, and Dijkstra’s Algorithm
* Java Multithreading Programming with Lego EV3
Who this book is for:
Students, teachers, and makers with basic Java programming experience who want to learn how to apply Artificial Intelligence to a practical robotic system. « less
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python will show you how to make classic computer games in Python, even if you've never programmed before.
Each chapter introduces a new game as well as step-by-step explanations of how the code works. As you build games like Reversi, Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe, Dragon more » Realm, Guess the Number, Jokes, Dodger, Bagels, and Sonar, you'll learn how programmers turn their game ideas into reality. You'll also find chapters on game refinements like collision detection and input, Cartesian coordinates, artificial intelligence simulation, sounds and images, debuggers, and cryptography, to help you take your game programming to the next level.
Learn how to:
* Combine loops, variables, input/output, and flow control statements into real working programs
* Choose the right data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples
* Debug your programs and find common errors
* Program simple artificial intelligence to create smarter adversaries
* Use graphics and animation with Pygame
* Convert plain text into secret code using cryptography
* Translate a location on screen into integers your program can identify with Cartesian coordinates
Once you've worked your way through the fun and games, you'll have a solid foundation in Python, an understanding of computer science fundamentals, and the confidence to advance your new game programming skills.
What new game will you create with the power of Python?
The projects in this book are compatible with Python 3. « less
Learn the best practices on writing efficient jQuery applications to maximize performance in large-scale deployments
* Learn about the observer pattern and the deferred observer pattern, two of the most popular design patterns that handle custom events
* Advance your jQuery skills by learning about patterns such as divide and conquer, facade, and builder and factory to handle complex results
* This more » step-by-step guide to applying micro-patterns and optimizing jQuery applications will help you get the best performance in a production environment
jQuery solves the problems of DOM manipulation, event detection, AJAX calls, element selection and document queries, element attribute and data management, as well as object management utilities. This book addresses these problems and shows you how to make the best of jQuery through the various design patterns available.
The book starts off with a refresher to jQuery and will then take you through the different design patterns such as facade, observer, publisher/subscriber, and so on. We will also go into client-side templating techniques and libraries, as well as some plugin development patterns. Finally, we will look into some best practices that you can use to make the best of jQuery.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Respond to user actions
* Achieve greater flexibility and code decoupling
* Have a central point for emitting and receiving application level events
* Structure the application into small independent modules
* Abstract complex APIs
* Isolate the procedure of generating complex parts of the application
* Efficiently orchestrate asynchronous procedures using jQuery Deferred and Promises
* Utilize the most widely-used client-side templating libraries for more complex use cases
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Thodoris Greasidis is a senior web engineer from Greece. He graduated with honors from the University of Thessaly, holds a polytechnic diploma in computer, networking, and communications engineering, and a master's degree in computer science. He is a full-stack developer, responsible for implementing large-scale web applications with intuitive interfaces and high-availability web services.
Thodoris is part of the Angular-UI team and has made many open source contributions, with a special interest in Mozilla projects. He is also an active member of the Athens AngularJS Meetup and a technical reviewer of Mastering jQuery UI, Packt Publishing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. A Refresher on jQuery and the Composite Pattern
2. The Observer Pattern
3. The Publish/Subscribe Pattern
4. Divide and Conquer with the Module Pattern
5. The Facade Pattern
6. The Builder and Factory Patterns
7. Asynchronous Control Flow Patterns
8. Mock Object Pattern
9. Client-side Templating
10. Plugin and Widget Development Patterns
11. Optimization Patterns « less
Maximize your NLP capabilities while creating amazing NLP projects in Python
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn to implement various NLP tasks in Python
* Gain insights into the current and budding research topics of NLP
* This is a comprehensive step-by-step guide to help students and researchers create their own projects based on real-life applications
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This more » book is for intermediate level developers in NLP with a reasonable knowledge level and understanding of Python.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Implement string matching algorithms and normalization techniques
* Implement statistical language modeling techniques
* Get an insight into developing a stemmer, lemmatizer, morphological analyzer, and morphological generator
* Develop a search engine and implement POS tagging concepts and statistical modeling concepts involving the n gram approach
* Familiarize yourself with concepts such as the Treebank construct, CFG construction, the CYK Chart Parsing algorithm, and the Earley Chart Parsing algorithm
* Develop an NER-based system and understand and apply the concepts of sentiment analysis
* Understand and implement the concepts of Information Retrieval and text summarization
* Develop a Discourse Analysis System and Anaphora Resolution based system
Natural Language Processing is one of the fields of computational linguistics and artificial intelligence that is concerned with human-computer interaction. It provides a seamless interaction between computers and human beings and gives computers the ability to understand human speech with the help of machine learning.
This book will give you expertise on how to employ various NLP tasks in Python, giving you an insight into the best practices when designing and building NLP-based applications using Python. It will help you become an expert in no time and assist you in creating your own NLP projects using NLTK.
You will sequentially be guided through applying machine learning tools to develop various models. We'll give you clarity on how to create training data and how to implement major NLP applications such as Named Entity Recognition, Question Answering System, Discourse Analysis, Transliteration, Word Sense disambiguation, Information Retrieval, Sentiment Analysis, Text Summarization, and Anaphora Resolution.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is an easy-to-follow guide, full of hands-on examples of real-world tasks. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive, there are more details of the concepts used. « less
A Guide to Controlling Autonomous Robots
Start programming robots NOW!
Learn hands-on, through easy examples, visuals, and code
This is a unique introduction to programming robots to execute tasks autonomously. Drawing on years of experience in artificial intelligence and robot programming, Cameron and Tracey Hughes introduce the reader more » to basic concepts of programming robots to execute tasks without the use of remote controls.
Robot Programming: A Guide to Controlling Autonomous Robots takes the reader on an adventure through the eyes of Midamba, a lad who has been stranded on a desert island and must find a way to program robots to help him escape. In this guide, you are presented with practical approaches and techniques to program robot sensors, motors, and translate your ideas into tasks a robot can execute autonomously. These techniques can be used on today’s leading robot microcontrollers (ARM9 and ARM7) and robot platforms (including the wildly popular low-cost Arduino platforms, LEGO® Mindstorms EV3, NXT, and Wowee RS Media Robot) for your hardware/Maker/DIY projects. Along the way the reader will learn how to:
* Program robot sensors and motors
* Program a robot arm to perform a task
* Describe the robot’s tasks and environments in a way that a robot can process using robot S.T.O.R.I.E.S.
* Develop a R.S.V.P. (Robot Scenario Visual Planning) used for designing the robot’s tasks in an environment
* Program a robot to deal with the “unexpected” using robot S.P.A.C.E.S.
* Program robots safely using S.A.R.A.A. (Safe Autonomous Robot Application Architecture) Approach
* Program robots using Arduino C/C++ and Java languages
* Use robot programming techniques with LEGO® Mindstorms EV3, Arduino, and other ARM7 and ARM9-based robots. « less
Security protocols are the small distributed programs which are omnipresent in our daily lives in areas such as online banking and commerce and mobile phones. Their purpose is to keep our transactions and personal data secure. Because these protocols are generally implemented on potentially insecure more » networks like the internet, they are notoriously difficult to devise. The field of symbolic analysis of security protocols has seen significant advances during the last few years.
There is now a better understanding of decidability and complexity questions and successful automated tools for the provision of security and prevention of attack have been applied to numerous protocols, including industrial protocols. Models have been extended with algebraic properties to weaken the perfect cryptography assumption and even computational soundness results towards cryptographic models have been achieved. What was still missing, however, was a book which summarized the state-of-the-art of these advances.
Whilst this book does not pretend to give a complete overview of the field - something which would be impossible in a single volume - it does, nevertheless, cover a representative sample of the ongoing work in this field, which is still very active. The book contains an introduction and ten tutorial-like chapters on selected topics, each written by a leading expert, and will be of interest to all those involved in the formal analysis of security protocols.IOS Press is an international science, technical and medical publisher of high-quality books for academics, scientists, and professionals in all fields.
Some of the areas we publish in:
-Databases and information systems
-All aspects of physics
-The knowledge economy
-Understanding and responding to terrorism
-Computer Sciences « less
GPU Computing Gems, Jade Edition describes successful application experiences in GPU computing and the techniques that contributed to that success. Divided into five sections, the book explains how GPU execution is achieved with algorithm implementation techniques and approaches to data structure layout. more » More specifically, it considers three general requirements: high level of parallelism, coherent memory access by threads within warps, and coherent control flow within warps.
This book begins with an overview of parallel algorithms and data structures. The first few chapters focus on accelerating database searches, how to leverage the Fermi GPU architecture to further accelerate prefix operations, and GPU implementation of hash tables. The reader is then systematically walked through the fundamental optimization steps when implementing a bandwidth-limited algorithm, GPU-based libraries of numerical algorithms and software products for numerical analysis with dedicated GPU support, and the adoption of GPU computing techniques in production engineering simulation codes. The next chapters discuss the state of GPU computing in interactive physics and artificial intelligence, programming tools and techniques for GPU computing, and the edge and node parallelism approach for computing graph centrality metrics. The book also proposes an alternative approach that balances computation regardless of node degree variance.
This book will be useful to application developers in a wide range of application areas. * This second volume of GPU Computing Gems offers 100% new material of interest across industry, including finance, medicine, imaging, engineering, gaming, environmental science, green computing, and more
* Covers new tools and frameworks for productive GPU computing application development and offers immediate benefit to researchers developing improved programming environments for GPUs
* Even more hands-on, proven techniques demonstrating how general purpose GPU computing is changing scientific research
* Distills the best practices of the community of CUDA programmers; each chapter provides insights and ideas as well as 'hands on' skills applicable to a variety of fields « less
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 3e offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date introduction to the theory and practice of artificial intelligence. Number one in its field, this textbook is ideal for one or two-semester, undergraduate or graduate-level courses in Artificial Intelligence.
Dr. more » Peter Norvig, contributing Artificial Intelligenceauthor and Professor Sebastian Thrun, a Pearson author are offering a free online course at Stanford University on artificial intelligence.
According to an article in The New York Times, the course on artificial intelligence is “one of three being offered experimentally by the Stanford computer science department to extend technology knowledge and skills beyond this elite campus to the entire world.” One of the other two courses, an introduction to database software, is being taught by Pearson author Dr. Jennifer Widom. « less
Case Studies in Common Lisp
Paradigms of AI Programming is the first text to teach advanced Common Lisp techniques in the context of building major AI systems. By reconstructing authentic, complex AI programs using state-of-the-art Common Lisp, the book teaches students and professionals how to build and debug robust practical more » programs, while demonstrating superior programming style and important AI concepts. The author strongly emphasizes the practical performance issues involved in writing real working programs of significant size. Chapters on troubleshooting and efficiency are included, along with a discussion of the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and a description of the main CLOS functions. This volume is an excellent text for a course on AI programming, a useful supplement for general AI courses and an indispensable reference for the professional programmer. « less