Modern Cross-Platform Development
* Build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core
* Get up to speed with C#, and up to date with all the latest features of C#
* Start creating professional web applications with ASP.NET Core
C# has recently been made open source and now supports cross-platform more » development for Linux, macOS, and Windows. It can be used to create everything from business applications, websites, and services to games for Android and iOS mobile phones and Xbox One. If you want to build powerful cross-platform applications with C# 7 and .Net Core, then this book is for you.
First, we'll run you through the basics of C#, as well as object-orient programming, before taking a quick tour through the latest features of C# 7 such as tuples, pattern matching, and out variables. We also look at the features of C# 6 such as string interpolation, exception filtering, and static class imports. We'll also cover both the full-feature, mature .NET framework and the newer, cross-platform .NET Core.
After quickly taking you through C# and how .NET works, we'll dive into the internals of the .NET class libraries, covering topics such as performance, monitoring, debugging, serialization, and encryption. We'll look at managing your data with Entity Framework Core, developing code-first entity data models, and using LINQ to query and manipulate that data.
The final section demonstrates the major types of applications that you can build and deploy cross-device and cross-platform. In this section, we'll cover Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, web applications, and web services. Last, we'll help you build a complete application that can be hosted on all of today's most popular platforms, including Linux and Docker.
By the end of the book, you'll be armed with all the knowledge you need to build modern, cross-platform applications using C# and .NET Core.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Build cross-platform applications using C# 7 and .NET Core
* Explore ASP.NET Core and learn how to create professional web applications
* Improve your application's performance using multitasking
* Use Entity Framework Core and find out how to build code-first databases
* Master object-oriented programming with C# to increase code reuse and efficiency
* Familiarize yourself with cross-device app development using the Universal Windows Platform and XAML
* Query and manipulate data using LINQ
* Protect your data by using encryption and hashing « less
Learn how to integrate Haml into your current application setup and development workflow
* Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
* Step-by-step instructions that will help you integrate Haml into your current application setup and development workflow
* Learn how to speed up development of view templates
* Understand Haml more » options, configuration and Rails-specific features
Haml is a markup language used to rapidly develop Rails view templates (or HTML pages). It is used by professional developers and praised for its cleanliness, human friendliness and usage agility. It functions as a replacement for inline page templating systems such as PHP, ASP, and ERB - the templating language used in most Ruby on Rails applications. Haml is itself a description of HTML and hence it avoids the need for explicitly coding HTML into the template with some code to generate dynamic content.
A practical guide which shows you a number of examples of Haml usage and then lets you dive into more advanced features to help you take full advantage of rapid development of view templates in your Rails applications. This book will show you how you can use Haml to create beautiful, easily maintainable and concise view templates without the hassle of writing in HTML.
Starting by showing you how to install Haml and how to integrate it into your Rails application, this practical guide will then teach you how to create the elements of a view template. This book will introduce you to the important features of Haml, show you how to integrate Haml with your development editor, and how to make it work with the Twitter Bootstrap framework.
This book will also show you how to convert existing view templates. With this book, you will be able to integrate Haml into your current application setup and development workflow.
What you will learn from this book
* Download and install Haml
* Integrate Haml with your Rails application
* Convert all existing view templates automatically
* Add Haml to your development editor
* Use Haml with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A fast-paced, example-based guide to teach you how to integrate Haml into your Rails application.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer who would like to speed up and simplify your view template creation, this book is ideal for you. A basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as some Ruby on Rails experience is recommended. « less
Master Microsoft's .NET Framework using Delphi.
This book provides expert knowledge of both Delphi and. NET with the same, practicable and real-world solutions approach used in previous Delphi Developer's Guides. Delphi for .NET Developer's Guide is a new edition of the #1 Delphi book by authors Xavier more » Pacheco and Steve Teixeira. This newest edition is completely updated for Delphi using the .NET Framework and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, SOAP, CORBA, WebSnap and BizSnap features. It continues as a complete reference and authoritative guide to the newest version of Delphi. Additional topics covered include: The .NET Framework; Programs, Units, and Namespaces;.NET Security Custom WinForms Controls; Memory Management and Garbage Collection; COM and COM+ Interoperability; ADO.NET, ASP.NET and Web Services. « less
Understanding ASPs: The new Internet business.
Application Service Providers (ASPs) appeal to small businesses by offering a wide variety of web-hosted software programs including e-commerce, communications, project management, financial, word processing and human resourse applications. ASPs offer more » inexpensive use of software and the ability to share access among people in different locations.
There is a huge buzz in the computing industry about ASPs and many ISPs (Internet Service Providers) are gearing up to become ASPs. These companies are in need of a guide - this is the first book to focus on how a company can become an ASP.
ASP Configuration Handbook: A Guide for ISPs covers all the business issues surrounding the transformation of an Internet Service Provider to an Application Service Provider, as well as the technical issues associated with offering applications to customers. « less
A Desktop Quick Reference
* Active Server Pages Introduction. Brief overview of the ASP application paradigm with examples in VBScript. Also an introduction to Microsoft's Internet Information Server 4.0, the IIS object model, and the objects that it comprises.
* Object Reference. Each object is discussed in the following manner: descriptions, properties, collections, methods, events, accessory files/required DLLs, and remarks, including real-world uses, tips and tricks, and author's experience (where applicable). The objects: Application, Response, Request, Server, Session, ObjectContext, as well as ASP Directives, Global.ASA, and SS Includes all follow this paradigm.
* Component Reference. This section follows the same paradigm detailed in Object Reference. The discussion covers Active Data Objects, Ad Rotator, Browser capabilities, File Access, Tools, and more.
* Appendices. Gives examples in one or two objects and components using Perl, REXX, and Python in ASP.The information in this book is written in a no-nonsense manner. Readers will find high-quality documentation and useful examples throughout. It is a detailed reference that provides Web developers with the information they need to develop effective ASP applications. « less