Construct a hacking arsenal for penetration testers or hacking enthusiasts using Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to turn a Raspberry Pi into a Kali Linux hacking toolkit for onsite, physical, and remote penetration testing
* Understand the capabilities, limitations, and features of Kali Linux on Raspberry Pi
* Build and develop methodologies ideal for Raspberry Pi penetration testing more » using real-world cases
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are looking for a low budget, small form-factor remotely accessible hacking tool, then the concepts in this book are ideal for you. If you are a penetration tester who wants to save on travel costs by placing a low-cost node on a target network, you will save thousands by using the methods covered in this book. You do not have to be a skilled hacker or programmer to use this book. It will be beneficial to have some networking experience; however, it is not required to follow the concepts covered in this book.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Install and tune Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi for hacking
* Use a Raspberry Pi for pentests such as breaking wireless security, scanning networks, and capturing sensitive data
* Perform man-in-the-middle attacks and bypass SSL encryption
* Compromise systems using various exploits and toolkits
* Bypass security defenses and remove data off a target network
* Develop a command and control system to manage remotely placed Raspberry Pis
* Turn a Raspberry Pi into a honeypot to capture sensitive information
* Grasp professional penetration testing through proper documentation
The Raspberry Pi is a low-cost credit-card sized computing system that can be customized for just about anything including penetration testing. Raspberry Pi is the best known platform not because it is cheap but because it is very powerful. Kali is a pentesting/security auditing Linux distribution. Kali Linux has many penetration-testing programs, including nmap (a port scanner), Wireshark (a packet analyzer), John the Ripper (a password cracker), Aircrack-ng (a software suite for the penetration-testing of wireless LANs), and Burp suite and OWASP ZAP (both web application security scanners).
This book covers how to turn a Raspberry Pi into a hacking arsenal to leverage the most popular open source toolkit, Kali Linux. You will learn how to use various tools to breach networks and steal data. « less
An introductory guide to performing crucial penetration testing operations using BackBox
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Experience the real world of penetration testing with Backbox Linux using live, practical examples
* Gain an insight into auditing and penetration testing processes by reading though live sessions
* Learn how to carry out your own testing using the latest techniques and methodologies
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is written primarily for security experts and system administrators who have an intermediate Linux capability. However, because of the simplicity and user-friendly design, it is also suitable for beginners looking to understand the principle steps of penetration testing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Perform reconnaissance and collect information about an unknown system
* Perform vulnerability scanning, management, and assessment, as well as understand false positives
* Understand how SQL injection attacks work and find injectable pages on a web server
* Sniff the network to capture sensitive data and learn different methods of privilege escalation
* Maintain permanent access on a target server once access is initially granted
* Use exploitation tools like Metasploit to exploit the reported vulnerabilities
* Learn how to document and generate reports from the entire auditing process
BackBox is an amazing Linux security distribution designed to keep in mind the needs of security and system administration specialists. It has been developed to perform penetration tests and security assessments. Designed to be fast and easy to use while providing a minimal yet complete desktop environment, Backbox comes with its own software repositories and is continually updated to the latest stable version of the most widely used and best-known ethical hacking tools.
This book provides an exciting introduction to BackBox Linux in order give you familiarity with and understanding of this amazing Linux security distro, making you feel comfortable with both the subject of pen-testing and BackBox. The book progresses through topics based on standard cases of penetration testing from the initial steps to the final procedures.
This book will help you discover the exciting world of penetration testing through a series of step-by-step, practical lessons. Penetration Testing with BackBox is organized into eight chapters. Starting with an introduction to BackBox Linux in order to give you a solid grounding of this amazing Linux security distro, including both its design philosophy and feature set, before moving on to practical tutorials in using BackBox. The book is arranged in a chronological order based on standard cases of penetration testing. For those more experienced in the use of penetration testing tools, each chapter can be read independently, providing a detailed overview of how BackBox will augment your arsenal of tools at each step of the penetration testing process.
Throughout this book, you will be given a clear picture of IT security cases by having one of the most popular topics of penetration testing demonstrated in a user-friendly way. By the end of the book, you will have learned all the fundamental skills needed to use BackBox for ethical hacking. « less