Master the skills required to steer cross-platform applications from drawing board to app store(s) using Xamarin
* Develop your Xamarin development skills with this comprehensive guide on various patterns and features so you can create elegant and high-quality applications
* Create adaptive user interfaces on separate platforms without compromising the user experience and platform identity
* Implement more » application lifecycle management concepts to manage and finalize cross-platform projects and efficiently collaborate with others
The main goal of this book is to equip you with the required know-how to successfully analyze, develop, and manage Xamarin cross-platform projects using the most efficient, robust, and scalable implementation patterns.
This book starts with general topics such as memory management, asynchronous programming, local storage, and networking, and later moves onto platform-specific features. During this transition, you will learn about key tools to leverage the patterns described, as well as advanced implementation strategies and features. The book also presents User Interface design and implementation concepts on Android and iOS platforms from a Xamarin and cross-platform perspective, with the goal to create a consistent but native UI experience.
Finally, we show you the toolset for application lifecycle management to help you prepare the development pipeline to manage and see cross-platform projects through to public or private release.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Configure your environment for cross-platform projects with Xamarin
* Gain memory management skills to avoid memory leaks and premature code cycles while decreasing the memory print of your applications
* Employ asynchronous and parallel patterns to execute non-interactive and non-blocking processes
* Create and use SQLite databases for offline scenarios
* Integrate network resources with cross-platform applications
* Design and implement eye-catching and reusable UI components without compromising nativity in mobile applications
* Manage the application lifecycle of cross-platform development projects
* Distribute Xamarin applications through public or private channels
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Can Bilgin currently works for Authority Partners Inc. as a program architect. He has been working in the software industry, primarily with Microsoft technologies, for over a decade and has been recognized as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for his technical contributions. In this period, he played key roles in projects for high profile clients using technologies such as BizTalk, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Xamarin, WCF, and other web technologies.
His main passion lies in mobile and IoT development using the modern toolset available for developers.
He tries to share his experience on his blog (http://canbilgin.wordpress.com), social media (@can_bilgin), and through speaking engagements at both local and international conferences and community events in the Balkans region.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Developing with Xamarin
2. Memory Management
3. Asynchronous Programming
4. Local Data Management
6. Platform Extras
7. View Elements
9. Reusable UI Patterns
10. ALM – Developers and QA
11. ALM – Project and Release Management
12. ALM – App Stores and Publishing « less
Including Microsoft Partner Network Technical Competency Assessment for Application Integration (BizTalk Server 2013) and Windows Azure BizTalk Services coverage
This book does exactly what it says on the cover, giving in-depth guidance to intermediate BizTalk developers on how to pass the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) exam. It's your essential aid to success.
* This book will deliver all that you need to know to pass the 70-595 TS: Developing more » Business Process and Integration Solutions by Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 exam or the Microsoft Partner Network BizTalk Technical Competency Assessment for Application Integration (BizTalk Server 2013).
* Features a comprehensive set of test questions and answers that will prepare you for the actual tests.
* The layout and content of the book matches the structure of the exam closely, which maximizes your study time and helps you focus on learning areas where you need improvement.
* This second edition of the book is updated to target both BizTalk Server 2010 and BizTalk Server
Microsoft BizTalk Server is an integration and connectivity server solution that enables organizations to easily connect disparate systems.
Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions by Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) is the certification exam for professionals who need to integrate multiple disparate systems, applications, and data, as well as automate business processes using BizTalk Server. The Microsoft Partner Network BizTalk Technical Competency Assessment for Application Integration is part of the requirements for individuals employed at partners seeking the Silver or Gold Application Integration competency.
Microsoft BizTalk Server (70-595) Certification and Assessment Guide: Second Edition will show you how to prepare for and pass the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) exam and become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010. This book will also help you if you are a Microsoft partner wanting to achieve the Silver or Gold Application Integration competency requirements.
What you will learn from this book
* Understand the core architecture of BizTalk, including publish/subscribe, context and content-based routing, receive and send ports, and other administrative artifacts
* Create rich and useful schemas with restrictions and reusable types
* Create maps and apply logic such as conditional mapping, looping, scripting and external assemblies, and other map and functoid logic
* Create orchestrations and work with messages, scopes, transactions, binding, correlation, and other shapes and processing logic
* Handle exceptions in messaging and orchestration scenarios and recover from them using catch, compensation, and failed message routing
* Perform administrative tasks such as installing, configuring, tuning, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting BizTalk Server 2010 groups and solutions
* Work with web services and WCF, expose and consume services, and apply custom configurations and behaviours
* Use the additional features in BizTalk, such as Business Rules Engine (BRE), EDI, RFID, and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
* Create and run BizTalk Server virtual machines in the Windows Azure infrastructure as a service environment « less
Work with various Microsoft technologies using Applied Architecture Patterns
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Updated to include the most recent technologies, including .NET and SQL Server
* Provides an architectural methodology for choosing Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution
* Presents solutions for messaging, workflow, data processing, more » and performance scenarios
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for architects, developers, and managers who need to improve their knowledge of the Microsoft application platform. This book will appeal to anyone, especially consultants, who want to get up to speed on selecting the most appropriate platform for a particular problem. A good understanding of the general Windows platform and development technologies would be helpful.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Organize the evaluation of candidate solutions to a given business problem
* Learn about the new features of .NET 4.5 and its capabilities
* Understand the core components and compelling aspects of BizTalk Server 2013
* Explore different integration patterns and antipatterns such as point-to-point, message broker, publish/subscribe, data aggregation versus data sharing, and enterprise message bus
* Understand the architectural principles that SOA brings to the table and how they are different from open API
* Implement fully automated workflows and workflows with manual operations
* Use SharePoint to improve content management and collaboration in the enterprise
This book provides a method for choosing the right Microsoft application platform technologies to meet the requirements of your solution. It examines proven technologies such as SQL Server, BizTalk, SharePoint, and .NET. The book considers architectural patterns for solutions in the areas of messaging, workflow, data processing, and collaboration.
This book will give you a proven framework to make the optimal technology selection and fulfil your business requirements. We will also discuss building web services and REST services in an SOA environment, as well as different approaches to building presentation layers, integration patterns, and much more.
Applied Architecture Patterns on the Microsoft Platform, Second Edition,is your ultimate guide to Microsoft technologies and beyond. « less
Create powerful integration solutions for the cloud using the extensible Windows Azure BizTalk Services
BizTalk Services is a service based on Windows Azure that was introduced by Microsoft in the summer of 2013. It provides integration capabilities in the cloud to connect enterprises together in scalable and flexible ways that go beyond what traditional on-premises integration products (such as BizTalk more » Server) can manage. BizTalk Services provides the ability to construct integration solutions using familiar tools (Visual Studio and Microsoft .Net) and also provides a bridge metaphor to connect applications and technologies.
Whether you are a neophyte or an expert in integration solutions, Getting Started with BizTalk Services provides you with a comprehensive look at cloud integration, covering the many features and capabilities of BizTalk Services. More importantly, the purpose of each feature is explained together with how to use them effectively. « less
HL7 for BizTalk provides a detailed guide to the planning and delivery of a HL7-compliant system using the dedicated Microsoft BizTalk for HL7 Accelerator. The HL7 Primary Standard, its various versions, and the use of the HL7 Accelerator for BizTalk are broken out and fully explained. HL7 for BizTalk more » provides clear guidance on the specific healthcare scenarios that HL7 is designed to overcome and provides working case study models of how HL7 solutions can be implemented in BizTalk, deployed in practice and monitored during operation. Special emphasis is given in this book to the BizTalk reporting functionality and its use to provide HL7 oversight within organizations. HL7 for BizTalk is suitable for use with BizTalk versions from 2006 R2 to 2013 R2 to suit the reader's organization. All three versions of the HL7 standard and their differences, are explained. « less
A Problem-Solution Approach
BizTalk 2013 Recipes provides ready-made solutions to BizTalk Server 2013 developers. The recipes in the book save you the effort of developing your own solutions to common problems that have been solved many times over. The solutions demonstrate sound practice, the result of hard-earned wisdom by those more » who have gone before.
Presented in a step-by-step format with clear code examples and explanations, the solutions in BizTalk 2013 Recipes help you take advantage of new features and deeper capabilities in BizTalk Server 2013. You'll learn to integrate your solutions with the cloud, configure BizTalk on Azure, work with electronic data interchange (EDI), and deploy the growing range of adapters for integrating with the different systems and technologies that you will encounter. « less
A Problem-Solution Approach
BizTalk 2010 Recipes provides ready-made solutions to BizTalk Server 2010 developers. The recipes in the book save you the effort of developing your own solutions to common problems that have been solved many times over. The solutions demonstrate sound practice, the result of hard-earned wisdom by those more » who have gone before.
Presented in a step-by-step format with clear code examples and explanations, the solutions in BizTalk 2010 Recipes help you take advantage of new features and deeper capabilities in BizTalk Server 2010. You'll learn to provide rich mapping support, extended electronic data interchange (EDI) and trading partner management capabilities, and to deploy the growing range of adapters for integrating with the different systems and technologies that you will encounter. « less