Learn SQL Server Reporting Services and become current with the 2016 edition. Develop interactive, dynamic reports that combine graphs, charts, and tabular data into attractive dashboards and reports to delight business analysts and other users of corporate data. Deliver mobile reports to anywhere and more » any device. Build vital knowledge of Reporting Services at a time when Microsoft's dominance in business intelligence is on the rise.
Beginning SQL Server Reporting Servicesturns novices into skilled report developers. The book begins by explaining how to set up the development environment. It then walks you through creating your first reports using the built-in wizard. After showing what is possible, the book breaks down and explains the skills needed to create reports from scratch. And not just reports! But also dashboards with charts, graphs, and maps. Each chapter builds on knowledge gained in the previous chapters with step-by-step tutorials. Beginning SQL Server Reporting Servicesboosts your skills and provides you additional career options. Don't be without those options. Grab and read this book today.
Build reports with and without the built-in wizard. Build interactive features such as drill-through reports. Build dashboards full of charts, graphs, and maps. Build mobile reports.
What You Will Learn
* Set up your development environment.
* Organized projects and share components among reports.
* Create report using a wizard.
* Create reports from scratch, including grouping levels, parameters, and drill through features.
* Build interactive dashboard with graphs, charts, and maps.
* Deploy and manage reports for use by others in the business.
Who This Book Is For
Beginning SQL Server Reporting Services is for database professionals of all experience levels who have some experience in databases and want to make the leap into business intelligence reporting. The book is an excellent choice for those needing to add Reporting Services to their current list of skills, or who are looking for a skill set that is in demand for in order to break into IT. « less
Data mining is the art and science of intelligent data analysis. By building knowledge from information, data mining adds considerable value to the ever increasing stores of electronic data that abound today. In performing data mining many decisions need to be made regarding the choice of methodology, more » the choice of data, the choice of tools, and the choice of algorithms.
Throughout this book the reader is introduced to the basic concepts and some of the more popular algorithms of data mining. With a focus on the hands-on end-to-end process for data mining, Williams guides the reader through various capabilities of the easy to use, free, and open source Rattle Data Mining Software built on the sophisticated R Statistical Software. The focus on doing data mining rather than just reading about data mining is refreshing.
The book covers data understanding, data preparation, data refinement, model building, model evaluation, and practical deployment. The reader will learn to rapidly deliver a data mining project using software easily installed for free from the Internet. Coupling Rattle with R delivers a very sophisticated data mining environment with all the power, and more, of the many commercial offerings. « less
Best Practices for Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining SharePoint Server 2016
This book shows you how to install, configure, and maintain the latest release of Microsoft’s popular SharePoint Server, SharePoint 2016. This latest version brings with it many changes for IT professionals. Read Deploying SharePoint 2016 to find out how to create a performant and stable SharePoint environment more » for your company.
What You’ll Learn: * Steps to install SharePoint Server 2016, both using the user interface provided by Microsoft, and by using PowerShell.
* Understand your authentication options and associated security considerations.
* Deploy add-ins, either from the store, or from your own custom app catalog.
* Configure Search Service Application using either the provided UI or PowerShell.
* Configure business intelligence components such as Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and PowerPivot.
* Steps to migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013.
* Understand approaches to high availability, disaster recovery, patching, and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 deployment once it’s up and running.
Who This Book Is For:
Anyone tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining SharePoint Server 2016 in their organization. This book assumes some working knowledge of a previous release of SharePoint Server, such as SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013. « less
Take business intelligence delivery to a new level that is interactive, engaging, even fun, all while driving commercial success through sound decision making. Do this through the power of visualization using this updated edition covering new features and added support for visualization in Excel 2016, more » and describing the latest developments in Get & Transform and DAX. The example data set has also been updated to demonstrate all that Microsoft's self-service business intelligence suite is now capable of.
Data Visualization in Excel 2016: Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform, and Power BI, 2nd Edition helps in harnessing the power of Microsoft’s flagship, self-service business intelligence suite to deliver compelling and interactive insight with remarkable ease. Learn the essential techniques needed to enhance the look and feel of reports and dashboards so that you can seize your audience’s attention and provide them with clear and accurate information. Also learn to integrate data from a variety of sources and create coherent data models displaying clear metrics and attributes.
Power View is Microsoft's ground-breaking tool for ad-hoc data visualization and analysis. It's designed to produce elegant and visually arresting output. It's also built to enhance user experience through polished interactivity. Power Map is a similarly powerful mechanism for analyzing data across geographic and political units. Get & Transform lets you load, shape and streamline data from multiple sources. Power Pivot can extend and develop data into a dynamic model. Power BI allows you to share your findings with colleagues, and present your insights to clients.
Data Visualization in Excel 2016: Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform, and Power BIhelps you master this suite of powerful tools from Microsoft. You'll learn to identify data sources, and to save time by preparing your underlying data correctly. You'll also learn to deliver your powerful visualizations and analyses through the cloud to PCs, tablets and smartphones.
* Simple techniques take raw data and convert it into information.
* Slicing and dicing metrics delivers interactive insight.
* Visually arresting output grabs and focuses attention on key indicators.
What You Will Learn
* Produce designer output that will astound your bosses and peers.
* Drive business intelligence from Excel using BI in the Cloud.
* Gather source data from corporate and public sources.
* Integrate charts, maps, and tables to deliver visually stunning information.
* Discover new insights as you chop and tweak your data as never before.
* Adapt delivery to mobile devices.
* Outshine competing products and enhance existing skills.
Who This Book Is For
Data Visualization in Excel 2016: Power View, 3D Maps, Get & Transform, and Power BI, 2nd Edition is written for any Power BI Desktop, Excel or SharePoint user. Business Intelligence developers, power users, IT managers, finance experts, and more can use this book to outshine the competition by producing high-impact business intelligence reporting on a variety of devices from a variety of sources. « less
This book provides a thorough overview of the Wisdom Web of Things (W2T), a holistic framework for computing and intelligence in an emerging hyper-world with a social-cyber¬physical space. Fast-evolving Web intelligence research and development initiatives are now moving toward understanding the multifaceted more » nature of intelligence and incorporating it at the Web scale in a ubiquitous environment with data, connection and service explosion.
The book focuses on the framework and methodology of W2T, as well as its applications in different problem domains, such as intelligent businesses, urban computing, social computing, brain informatics and healthcare.From the researcher and developer perspectives, the book takes a systematic, structured view of various W2T facets and their overall contribution to the development of W2T as a whole. Written by leading international researchers, this book is an essential reference for researchers, educators, professionals, and tertiary HDR students working on the World Wide Web, ubiquitous computing, knowledge management, and business intelligence. « less
Business Intelligence with SQL Server Reporting Services helps you deliver business intelligence with panache. Harness the power of the Reporting Services toolkit to combine charts, gauges, sparklines, indicators, and maps into compelling dashboards and scorecards. Create compelling visualizations that more » seize your audience’s attention and help business users identify and react swiftly to changing business conditions. Best of all, you'll do all these things by creating new value from software that is already installed and paid for – SQL Server and the included SQL Server Reporting Services.
Businesses run on numbers, and good business intelligence systems make the critical numbers immediately and conveniently accessible. Business users want access to key performance indicators in the office, at the beach, and while riding the subway home after a day's work. Business Intelligence with SQL Server Reporting Services helps you meet these need for anywhere/anytime access by including chapters specifically showing how to deliver on modern devices such as smart phones and tablets. You'll learn to deliver the same information, with similar look-and-feel, across the entire range of devices used in business today.
* Key performance indicators give fast notification of business unit performance
* Polished dashboards deliver essential metrics and strategic comparisons
* Visually arresting output on multiple devices focuses attention
**** What you’ll learn ****
* Produce designer dashboards which will wow your audience.
* Mix and match relational, cube, and tabular data to drive BI.
* Integrate gauges, maps, charts, and text to deliver targeted information.
* Enhance SSRS interactivity to provide a more intuitive interface.
* Adapt delivery to mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
* Standardize presentation across the entire portal.
**** Who this book is for ****
Business Intelligence with SQL Server Reporting Services is written for Business Intelligence developers wanting to implement portals providing key performance indicators across the range of desktop and mobile devices used in business today. The book is ideal for readers having a basic knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services, who want to step up and increase the value their business receives from it's investment in Microsoft's SQL Server ecosystem. « less
A Blueprint for Design, Development, and Adoption
Implementing Analytics demystifies the concept, technology and application of analytics and breaks its implementation down to repeatable and manageable steps, making it possible for widespread adoption across all functions of an organization. Implementing Analytics simplifies and helps democratize a more » very specialized discipline to foster business efficiency and innovation without investing in multi-million dollar technology and manpower. A technology agnostic methodology that breaks down complex tasks like model design and tuning and emphasizes business decisions rather than the technology behind analytics.
* Simplifies the understanding of analytics from a technical and functional perspective and shows a wide array of problems that can be tackled using existing technology
* Provides a detailed step by step approach to identify opportunities, extract requirements, design variables and build and test models. It further explains the business decision strategies to use analytics models and provides an overview for governance and tuning
* Helps formalize analytics projects from staffing, technology and implementation perspectives
* Emphasizes machine learning and data mining over statistics and shows how the role of a Data Scientist can be broken down and still deliver the value by building a robust development process « less
250+ READY-TO-USE, POWERFUL DMX QUERIES
Transform data mining model information into actionable business intelligence using the Data Mining Extensions (DMX) language. Practical DMX Queries for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 contains more than 250 downloadable DMX queries you can use to more » extract and visualize data. The application, syntax, and results of each query are described in detail. The book emphasizes DMX for use in SSMS against SSAS, but the queries also apply to SSRS, SSIS, DMX in SQL, WinForms, WebForms, and many other applications. Techniques for generating DMX syntax from graphical tools are also demonstrated in this valuable resource.
* View cases within data mining structures and models using DMX Case queries
* Examine the content of a data mining model with DMX Content queries
* Perform DMX Prediction queries based on the Decision Trees algorithm and the Time Series algorithm
* Run Prediction and Cluster queries based on the Clustering algorithm
* Execute Prediction queries with Association and Sequence Clustering algorithms
* Use DMX DDL queries to create, alter, drop, back up, and restore data mining objects
* Display various parameters for each algorithm with Schema queries
* Examine the values of discrete, discretized, and continuous structure columns using Column queries
* Use graphical interfaces to generate Prediction, Content, Cluster, and DDL queries
* Deliver DMX query results to end users
Download the source code from www.mhprofessional.com/computingdownload « less
JasperForge.org is the open-source development portal for the JasperSoft Business Intelligence Suite, the JasperSoft business intelligence solution that delivers comprehensive tools for data access, data integration, analysis, and reporting, including iReport. This definitive, authoritative book covers more » the following:
* iReport as an intuitive and easy-to-use visual report builder/designer for JasperReports, written in 100% pure Java
* Shows how users can visually edit complex reports with charts, images, and subreports, as iReport is integrated with leading open source chart libraries for Java
* Demonstrates how the data to print can be retrieved through several methods including multiple JDBC connections, TableModels, JavaBeans, XML, MDX, EJBQL, Hibernate, and so forth
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
* Understand the iReport and JasperReports installation process and fundamental concepts
* Build your very first simple report
* Set up and implement types of datasources including a JDBC connection, a custom datasource, and XML datasources
* Explore iReport plug-ins
* Create simple and complex charts
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for business intelligence reporting tool users and developers who have a background primarily in Java and Java EE. « less
Adaptive business intelligence systems combine prediction and optimization techniques to assist decision makers in complex, rapidly changing environments. These systems address fundamental questions: What is likely to happen in the future? What is the best course of action? Adaptive Business Intelligence more » explores elements of data mining, predictive modeling, forecasting, optimization, and adaptability. The book explains the application of numerous prediction and optimization techniques, and shows how these concepts can be used to develop adaptive systems. Coverage includes linear regression, time-series forecasting, decision trees and tables, artificial neural networks, genetic programming, fuzzy systems, genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, tabu search, ant systems, and agent-based modeling. « less