A practical guide to designing, implementing, and managing your software-defined, massively scalable Ceph storage system
Ceph is an open source, software-defined storage solution, which runs on commodity hardware to provide exabyte-level scalability. It is well known to be a highly reliable storage system that has no single point of failure.
This book will give you all the skills you need to plan, deploy, and effectively more » manage your Ceph cluster, guiding you through an overview of Ceph's technology, architecture, and components. With a step-by-step, tutorial-style explanation of the deployment of each Ceph component, the book will take you through Ceph storage provisioning and integration with OpenStack.
You will then discover how to deploy and set up your Ceph cluster, discovering the various components and why we need them. This book takes you from a basic level of knowledge in Ceph to an expert understanding of its most advanced features. « less
Master Proxmox VE to effectively implement server virtualization technology within your network
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
* Walk through every aspect of visualization using Proxmox, from a basic cluster to complex multi-cluster setups
* A practical, scenario-based guide featuring best practices which more » will show you everything you need to know to tackle any Proxmox cluster
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you already know what the word "virtualization" means and you are ready to stand out from the crowd equipped with the unique ability to design and implement a rock-solid virtualized network environment using Proxmox, then you have just picked up the only book you will need. Linux system administration experience together with knowledge of networking and virtualization concepts is assumed. This book is also useful if you are already using Proxmox and simply want to master its advanced features.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
* Configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup
* Set up virtual environments of any size
* Set up scalable, distributed shared storage systems using Ceph
* Analyze real-world virtual environment scenarios and formulate Proxmox-based solutions
* Monitor resources and virtual machines to maintain performance and uptime
* Troubleshoot a virtual environment based on real-life scenarios
Proxmox is an open source virtualization management solution for servers. This book starts by guiding you through how to set up your very first Proxmox virtualization platform with minimal configuration.
The book will then make you familiar with the Proxmox GUI and the directory structure. We will then take a look at the shared storage system that Proxmox supports and its pros and cons. As we move on, you will learn how to configure virtual machines beyond the basic default setup as well as how networking is handled.
Setting up a Proxmox cluster in a production environment with minimum downtime will also be explained. Towards the end of the book, you will also learn about troubleshooting by looking at real-life problems.
We will also look at how to tackle the day-to-day challenges of an administrator managing Proxmox clusters. « less