Foundation Learning Guide CCNP SWITCH 300-115
Now fully updated for the new Cisco SWITCH 300-115 exam, Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guideis your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® or CCDP® preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches you how to plan, configure, verify, more » secure, and maintain complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco Catalyst® switches and Enterprise Campus Architecture.
The authors show you how to build scalable multilayer switched networks, create and deploy global intranets, and perform basic troubleshooting in environments using Cisco multilayer switches for client hosts and services. They begin by reviewing basic switching concepts, network design, and campus network architecture. Next, they present in-depth coverage of spanning-tree, inter-VLAN routing, first-hop redundancy, network management, advanced switch features, high availability, and campus network security.
Each chapter opens with a list of topics that clearly identify its focus. Each chapter ends with a summary of key concepts for quick study, as well as review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. Throughout, configuration examples, and sample verification outputs illustrate critical issues in network operation and troubleshooting.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the SWITCH 300-115 exam.
* Serves as the official textbook for version 7 of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP SWITCH course
* Covers basic switching terminology and concepts, and the unique features of Cisco Catalyst switch designs
* Reviews campus network design, including network structure, roles of Cisco Catalyst switches, and differences between Layer 2 and multilayer switches
* Introduces VLANs, VTP, Trunking, and port-channeling
* Explains Spanning Tree Protocol configuration
* Presents concepts and modern best practices for interVLAN routing
* Covers first-hop redundancy protocols used by Cisco Catalyst switches
* Outlines a holistic approach to network management and Cisco Catalyst device security with AAA, NTP, 802.1x, and SNMP
* Describes how to use advanced features to improve campus network resiliency and availability
* Shows how to establish switch physical redundancy using Stackwise, VSS, or redundant supervisors
* Explains advanced security features « less
Trust the best selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and practice for exam success. They are built with the objective of providing assessment, review, and practice to help ensure you are fully prepared for your certification exam.
CCIE Routing and Switching more » v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, Fifth Edition from Cisco Press enables you to succeed on the exam the first time and is the only self-study resource approved by Cisco. Expert instructors Narbik Kocharians and Terry Vinson share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. This second of two volumes covers IP BGP routing, quality of service (QoS), wide area networks, IP multicast, network security, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) topics.
This complete study package includes
-- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exams
-- Do I Know This Already? quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
-- Chapter-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
-- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
-- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
-- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
The official study guide helps you master topics on the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 exams, including:
-- BGP operations and routing policies
-- IP Multicast
-- Device and network security and tunneling technologies
CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, Fifth Edition is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
The print edition of the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, Fifth Edition contains more than 200 practice exam questions.
Also available from Cisco Press for Cisco CCIE R&S v5.0 study is the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2 Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test, Fifth Edition. This digital-only certification preparation product combines an eBook with enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test.
This integrated learning package:
-- Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
-- Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
-- Provides additional unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
-- Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
This print book includes a 70% discount offer off the list price of the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2 Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test, Fifth Edition to help enhance your exam preparation experience. « less
Learn, prepare, and practice for exam success
CCNA Wireless 640-722 Official Cert Guidefrom Cisco Press enables you to succeed on the Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE) exam the first time and is the only self-study resource approved by Cisco. Best-selling author and expert instructor David Hucaby shares preparation more » hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills.
This complete study package includes
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exams
- Do I Know This Already? quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
- Chapter-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions, and hands-on exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques you need to ensure exam success.
David Hucaby, CCIE® No. 4594, is a network architect for the University of Kentucky, where he works with academic and healthcare networks based on the Cisco Unified Wireless Network products. David holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Kentucky. His Cisco Press titles include CCNP SWITCH Exam Certification Guide; Cisco LAN Switching Video Mentor; CCNP Security FIREWALL Exam Certification Guide; Cisco ASA, PIX, and FWSM Firewall Handbook, Second Edition; and Cisco Firewall Video Mentor. « less
Step-By-Step Configuration of Cisco VPNs for ASA and Routers
Become an expert in Cisco VPN technologies with this practical and comprehensive configuration guide. Learn how to configure IPSEC VPNs (site-to-site, hub-and-spoke, remote access), SSL VPN, DMVPN, GRE, VTI etc.
This book is packed with step-by-step configuration tutorials and real world scenarios more » to implement VPNs on Cisco ASA Firewalls (v8.4 and above and v9.x) and on Cisco Routers. It is filled with raw practical concepts, around 40 network diagrams to explain the scenarios, troubleshooting instructions, 20 complete configurations on actual devices and much more. Both beginners and experts will find some golden nuggets inside this practical guide.
Every Cisco Networking Professional in this planet will have to configure some kind of VPN sooner or later in his/her professional career. This VPN Guide, therefore, will be a great reference for years to come.
Some of the topics covered include the following:
* Policy-Based (IPSEC) and Route-Based VPNs (Comparison and Applications).
* Practical Applications of each VPN Technology.
* Configuration of Site-to-Site, Hub-and-Spoke and Remote Access IPSEC VPNs on Cisco Routers.
* Configuration of Route-Based VPNs using GRE, Static VTI, Dynamic VTI.
* Configuration of Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) on Cisco Routers.
* Configuration of PPTP VPNs on Cisco Routers.
* Configuration of Site-to-Site and Hub-and-Spoke IPSEC VPNs (including IKEv2 IPSEC) on Cisco ASA Firewalls.
* Configuration of Remote Access IPSEC VPN and Anyconnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA Firewalls.
* VPN Authentication using Active Directory, RSA Server and external AAA Server.
* PLUS MUCH MORE
In addition to the most popular VPN topologies and scenarios, the book contains also some special cases for which you will not find information easily anywhere else.
Some special cases and scenarios included in the book:
* VPNs with sites having dynamic public IP address.
* Implementations of hub-and-spoke together with remote access VPNs on the same device.
* Using Dynamic Routing Protocols (EIGRP) to make VPNs on Routers more scalable.
* Spoke to Spoke communication via the Hub Site (using VPN Hairpinning on ASA).
* Remote Access users to communicate with Spoke sites via the Hub (using VPN Hairpinning on ASA).
* Site-to-Site IPSEC VPN with duplicate subnets on the two sites.
* IPSEC VPN Failover with backup ISP. « less
Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120
Prepare for the new CCNA exams with this Todd Lammle study guide
Cisco author, speaker, and trainer Todd Lammle is considered the authority on all things networking, and his books have sold almost a million copies worldwide. This all-purpose CCNA study guide methodically covers all the objectives more » of the ICND1 (100-101) and ICND2 (200-101) exams as well as providing additional insight for those taking CCNA Composite (200-120) exam. It thoroughly examines operation of IP data networks, LAN switching technologies, IP addressing (IPv4/IPv6), IP routing technologies, IP services, network device security, troubleshooting, and WAN technologies.
Valuable study tools such as a companion test engine that includes hundreds of sample questions, a pre-assessment test, and multiple practice exams. Plus, you'll also get access to hundreds of electronic flashcards, author files, and a network simulator.
* CCNA candidates may choose to take either the ICND1(100-101) and ICND2 (200-101) exams or the CCNA Composite exam (200-120); this study guide covers the full objectives of all three
* Written by bestselling Sybex study guide author Todd Lammle, an acknowledged authority on all things Cisco
* Covers essential Cisco networking topics such as operating an IP data network, IP addressing, switching and routing technologies, troubleshooting, network device security, and much more
* Includes a comprehensive set of study tools including practice exams, electronic flashcards, comprehensive glossary of key terms, videos, and a network simulator that can be used with the book’s hands-on labs
* Bonus Content: Access to over 40 MicroNugget videos from CBT Nuggets
CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide prepares you for CCNA certification success. « less
As the world leader of networking products and services, Cisco products are constantly growing in demand. Yet, few books are aimed at those who are beginning a career in IT--until now. Cisco Networking Essentials provides a solid foundation on the Cisco networking products and services with thorough more » coverage of fundamental networking concepts. Author Troy McMillan applies his years of classroom instruction to effectively present high-level topics in easy-to-understand terms for beginners. With this indispensable full-color resource, you'll quickly learn the concepts, processes, and skills that are essential to administer Cisco routers and switches.
If you are interested in a career in IT but have little or no knowledge of networking and are new to Cisco networking products, then this book is for you. « less
The only authorized Lab Manual for Cisco Networking Academy's new course CCNP SWITCH: Implementing IP Switched Networks, V.6 (Exam 642-813)
* A portable, bound copy of all 19 CCNP V 6.x SWITCH Labs: convenient lightweight and friendly
* Allows students to review or walk through hands-on labs without more » a huge textbook or live Web connection
* Contains additional pages between labs for in-class note-taking
* Separate answer key available at Cisco Academy Connection and the PearsonHighered.com Instructor Resource site
This hands-on switching Lab Manual is the perfect companion for all Cisco Networking Academy students who are taking the new course CCNP SWITCH: Implementing IP Switched Networks (V. 6) as part of their CCNP preparation. It offers a portable, bound copy of all 19 CCNP V 6.x SWITCH network switching labs in a convenient, lightweight format that allows students to walk through key procedures and easily take notes without a large textbook or a live Internet connection. Working with these conveniently-formatted labs, students will gain practical experience and skills for planning, configuring, and verifying the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco's Campus Enterprise Architecture; and for securely integrating VLANs, WLANs, voice, and video into campus networks. « less
Cisco ASA, PIX, and FWSM Firewall Handbook, Second Edition, is a guide for the most commonly implemented features of the popular Cisco® firewall security solutions. Fully updated to cover the latest firewall releases, this book helps you to quickly and easily configure, integrate, and manage the entire more » suite of Cisco firewall products, including ASA, PIX®, and the Catalyst® Firewall Services Module (FWSM).
Organized by families of features, this book helps you get up to speed quickly and efficiently on topics such as file management, building connectivity, controlling access, firewall management, increasing availability with failover, load balancing, logging, and verifying operation.
Sections are marked by shaded tabs for quick reference, and information on each feature is presented in a concise format, with background, configuration, and example components.
Whether you are looking for an introduction to the latest ASA, PIX, and FWSM devices or a complete reference for making the most out of your Cisco firewall deployments, Cisco ASA, PIX, and FWSM Firewall Handbook, Second Edition, helps you achieve maximum protection of your network resources.
“Many books on network security and firewalls settle for a discussion focused primarily on concepts and theory. This book, however, goes well beyond these topics. It covers in tremendous detail the information every network and security administrator needs to know when configuring and managing market-leading firewall products from Cisco.”
—Jason Nolet, Vice President of Engineering, Security Technology Group, Cisco
David Hucaby, CCIE® No. 4594, is a lead network engineer for the University of Kentucky, where he works with health-care networks based on the Cisco Catalyst, ASA, FWSM, and VPN product lines. He was one of the beta reviewers of the ASA 8.0 operating system software.
* Learn about the various firewall models, user interfaces, feature sets, and configuration methods
* Understand how a Cisco firewall inspects traffic
* Configure firewall interfaces, routing, IP addressing services, and IP multicast support
* Maintain security contexts and flash and configuration files, manage users, and monitor firewalls with SNMP
* Authenticate, authorize, and maintain accounting records for firewall users
* Control access through the firewall by implementing transparent and routed firewall modes, address translation, and traffic shunning
* Define security policies that identify and act on various types of traffic with the Modular Policy Framework
* Increase firewall availability with firewall failover operation
* Understand how firewall load balancing works
* Generate firewall activity logs and learn how to analyze the contents of the log
* Verify firewall operation and connectivity and observe data passing through a firewall
* Configure Security Services Modules, such as the Content Security Control (CSC) module and the Advanced Inspection Processor (AIP) module
This security book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series. Security titles from Cisco Press help networking professionals secure critical data and resources, prevent and mitigate network attacks, and build end-to-end self-defending networks.
Category: Networking: Security
Covers: Cisco ASA 8.0, PIX 6.3, and FWSM 3.2 version firewalls « less
Learn practical guidelines for designing and deploying a scalable BGP routing architecture
* Up-to-date coverage of BGP features like performance tuning, multiprotocol BGP, MPLS VPN, and multicast BGP
* In-depth coverage of advanced BGP topics to help design a complex BGP routing architecture
* more » Practical design tips that have been proven in the field
* Extensive configuration examples and case studies
BGP Design and Implementation focuses on real-world problems and provides not only design solutions, but also the background on why they are appropriate and a practical overview of how they apply into a top-down design. The BGP protocol is being used in both service provider and enterprise networks. The design goals of these two groups are different, leading to different architectures being used in each environment. The title breaks out the separate goals, and resulting solutions for each group to assist the reader in further understanding different solution strategies.
This book starts by identifying key features and functionality in BGP. It then delves into the topics of performance tuning, routing policy development, and architectural scalability. It progresses by examining the challenges for both the service provider and enterprise customers, and provides practical guidelines and a design framework for each. BGP Design and Implementation finishes up by closely looking at the more recent extensions to BGP through Multi-Protocol BGP for MPLS-VPN, IP Multicast, IPv6, and CLNS.
Each chapter is generally organized into the following sections: Introduction, Design and Implementation Guidelines, Case Studies, and Summary. « less
Cisco routers are used widely both on the Internet and in corporate intranets. At the same time, the Cisco Internet Operating System (IOS) has grown to be very large and complex, and Cisco documentation fills several volumes.Cisco IOS Access Lists focuses on a critical aspect of the Cisco IOS--access more » lists. Access lists are central to the task of securing routers and networks, and administrators cannot implement access control policies or traffic routing policies without them. Access lists are used to specify both the targets of network policies and the policies themselves. They specify packet filtering for firewalls all over the Internet.Cisco IOS Access Lists covers three critical areas:
* Intranets. The book serves as an introduction and a reference for network engineers implementing routing policies within intranet networking.
* Firewalls. The book is a supplement and companion reference to books such as Brent Chapman's Building Internet Firewalls. Packet filtering is an integral part of many firewall architectures, andCisco IOS Access Listsdescribes common packet filtering tasks and provides a "bag of tricks" for firewall implementers.
* The Internet. This book is also a guide to the complicated world of route maps. Route maps are an arcane BGP construct necessary to make high level routing work on the Internet.
Cisco IOS Access Lists differs from other Cisco router titles in that it focuses on practical instructions for setting router access policies. The details of interfaces and routing protocol settings are not discussed. « less