Completely revised and updated for the 2015 CISSP body of knowledge, this new edition by Fernando Maymì continues Shon Harris’s bestselling legacy, providing a comprehensive overhaul of the content that is the leading chosen resource for CISSP exam success, and has made Harris the #1 name in IT security more » certification.
This bestselling self-study guide fully prepares candidates for the challenging Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam and offers 100% coverage of all eight exam domains. This edition has been thoroughly revised to cover the new CISSP 2015 Common Body of Knowledge, including new hot spot and drag and drop question formats, and more.
Each chapter features learning objectives, exam tips, practice questions, and in-depth explanations. Beyond exam prep, the guide also serves as an ideal on-the-job reference for IT security professionals. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition provides real-world insights and cautions that call out potentially harmful situations.
* Fully updated to cover the 8 new domains in the 2015 CISSP body of knowledge
* Written by leading experts in IT security certification and training
* Features new hot spot and drag-and-drop question formats
* Electronic content includes 1400+ updated practice exam questions « less
A Complete Guide to Planning and Implementation
Create appropriate, security-focused business propositions that consider the balance between cost, risk, and usability, while starting your journey to become an information security manager. Covering a wealth of information that explains exactly how the industry works today, this book focuses on how more » you can set up an effective information security practice, hire the right people, and strike the best balance between security controls, costs, and risks.
Practical Information Security Management provides a wealth of practical advice for anyone responsible for information security management in the workplace, focusing on the ‘how’ rather than the ‘what’. Together we’ll cut through the policies, regulations, and standards to expose the real inner workings of what makes a security management program effective, covering the full gamut of subject matter pertaining to security management: organizational structures, security architectures, technical controls, governance frameworks, and operational security.
This book was not written to help you pass your CISSP, CISM, or CISMP or become a PCI-DSS auditor. It won’t help you build an ISO 27001 or COBIT-compliant security management system, and it won’t help you become an ethical hacker or digital forensics investigator – there are many excellent books on the market that cover these subjects in detail. Instead, this is a practical book that offers years of real-world experience in helping you focus on the getting the job done.
What You Will Learn
* Learn the practical aspects of being an effective information security manager
* Strike the right balance between cost and risk
* Take security policies and standards and make them work in reality
* Leverage complex security functions, such as Digital Forensics, Incident Response and Security Architecture
Who This Book is For
This is a book for anyone who wants to make a difference in offering effective security management for their business. You might already be a security manager seeking insight into areas of the job that you’ve not looked at before, or you might be a techie or risk guy wanting to switch into this challenging new career. Whatever your career goals are, Practical Security Management has something to offer you. « less
CISSP Study Guide, Third Edition provides readers with information on the CISSP certification, the most prestigious, globally-recognized, vendor-neutral exam for information security professionals.
With over 100,000 professionals certified worldwide, and many more joining their ranks, this new third more » edition presents everything a reader needs to know on the newest version of the exam's Common Body of Knowledge.
The eight domains are covered completely and as concisely as possible, allowing users to ace the exam. Each domain has its own chapter that includes a specially-designed pedagogy to help users pass the exam, including clearly-stated exam objectives, unique terms and definitions, exam warnings, "learning by example" modules, hands-on exercises, and chapter ending questions.
* Provides the most complete and effective study guide to prepare users for passing the CISSP exam, giving them exactly what they need to pass the test
* Authored by Eric Conrad who has prepared hundreds of professionals for passing the CISSP exam through SANS, a popular and well-known organization for information security professionals
* Covers all of the new information in the Common Body of Knowledge updated in January 2015, and also provides two exams, tiered end-of-chapter questions for a gradual learning curve, and a complete self-test appendix « less
Computer Security: Principles and Practice, Third Edition, is ideal for courses in Computer/Network Security. It also provides a solid, up-to-date reference or self-study tutorial for system engineers, programmers, system managers, network managers, product marketing personnel, system support specialists.
In more » recent years, the need for education in computer security and related topics has grown dramatically—and is essential for anyone studying Computer Science or Computer Engineering. This is the only text available to provide integrated, comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of the broad range of topics in this subject. In addition to an extensive pedagogical program, the book provides unparalleled support for both research and modeling projects, giving students a broader perspective.
It covers all security topics considered Core in the EEE/ACM Computer Science Curriculum. This textbook can be used to prep for CISSP Certification, and includes in-depth coverage of Computer Security, Technology and Principles, Software Security, Management Issues, Cryptographic Algorithms, Internet Security and more.
The Text and Academic Authors Association named Computer Security: Principles and Practice, First Edition, the winner of the Textbook Excellence Award for the best Computer Science textbook of 2008.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help:
* Easily Integrate Projects in your Course: This book provides an unparalleled degree of support for including both research and modeling projects in your course, giving students a broader perspective.
* Keep Your Course Current with Updated Technical Content: This edition covers the latest trends and developments in computer security.
* Enhance Learning with Engaging Features: Extensive use of case studies and examples provides real-world context to the text material.
* Provide Extensive Support Material to Instructors and Students: Student and instructor resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text. « less
Ace your preparation for Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Exam. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you've learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. more » This guide is designed to help make the most of your study time. « less
Updated annually, the Information Security Management Handbook, Sixth Edition, Volume 7 is the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference available on information security and assurance. Bringing together the knowledge, skills, techniques, and tools required of IT security professionals, it facilitates more » the up-to-date understanding required to stay one step ahead of evolving threats, standards, and regulations.
Reporting on the latest developments in information security and recent changes to the (ISC)2® CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®), this volume features 27 new chapters on topics such as BYOD, IT consumerization, smart grids, security, and privacy.
* Covers the fundamental knowledge, skills, techniques, and tools required by IT security professionals
* Updates its bestselling predecessors with new developments in information security and the (ISC)2® CISSP® CBK®
* Provides valuable insights from leaders in the field on the theory and practice of computer security technology
* Facilitates the comprehensive and up-to-date understanding you need to stay fully informed
The ubiquitous nature of computers and networks will always provide the opportunity and means to do harm. This edition updates its popular predecessors with the information you need to address the vulnerabilities created by recent innovations such as cloud computing, mobile banking, digital wallets, and near-field communications. This handbook is also available on CD. « less
A complete, up-to-date revision of the leading CISSP training resource from the #1 name in IT security certification and training, Shon Harris
Fully revised for the latest release of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam, this comprehensive, up-to-date resource covers all 10 more » CISSP exam domains developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2). This authoritative exam guide features learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice questions, and in-depth explanations. Written by the leading expert in IT security certification and training, CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition helps you pass the exam with ease and also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
Covers all 10 CISSP domains:
- Information security governance and risk management
- Access control
- Security architecture and design
- Physical and environmental security
- Telecommunications and network security
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Legal, regulations, compliance, and investigations
- Software development security
- Security operations « less
Design and Development
A top-level security guru for both eBay and PayPal and a best-selling information systems security author show how to design and develop secure Web commerce systems. Whether it's online banking or ordering merchandise using your cell phone, the world of online commerce requires a high degree of security more » to protect you during transactions. This book not only explores all critical security issues associated with both e-commerce and mobile commerce (m-commerce), it is also a technical manual for how to create a secure system. Covering all the technical bases, this book provides the detail that developers, system architects, and system integrators need to design and implement secure, user-friendly, online commerce systems.
* Co-authored by Hadi Nahari, one of the world’s most renowned experts in Web commerce security; he is currently the Principal Security, Mobile and DevicesArchitect at eBay, focusing on the architecture and implementation of eBay and PayPal mobile
* Co-authored by Dr. Ronald Krutz; information system security lecturer and co-author of the best-selling Wiley CISSP Prep Guide Series
* Shows how to architect and implement user-friendly security for e-commerce and especially, mobile commerce
* Covers the fundamentals of designing infrastructures with high availability, large transactional capacity, and scalability
* Includes topics such as understanding payment technologies and how to identify weak security, and how to augment it.
Get the essential information you need on Web commerce security—as well as actual design techniques—in this expert guide. « less