Preparing for your COG-310 certification is more engaging and enjoyable with this tutorial because it takes a hands-on approach and teaches through examples. There are also self-test sections for each exam topic.
* Successfully clear COG-310 certification.
* Master the major components that make more » up Cognos TM1 and learn the function of each.
* Understand the advantages of using Rules versus Turbo Integrator
* This book provides a perfect study outline and self-test for each exam topic
IBM Cognos TM1 is enterprise planning software that provides a complete, dynamic environment for developing timely, reliable and personalized forecasts and budgets. It is a real time, in memory tool that helps any sized business perform planning, budgeting and forecasting as well as other financial exercises.
This book prepares you to master COG-310 certification using an example-driven method that is easy to understand.
The IBM Cognos TM1 Developers Certification guide provides key technical details and background to clear the current IBM Cognos TM1 Developer (test COG-310) certification exam.
This certification book covers all the modules of the certification clearly and in depth.
The initial chapters cover in detail the components that make up Cognos TM1 and designing and creating dimensions and cubes. The book then dives deep into basic and advanced scripting using TurboIntegrator and then we learn to understand and write basic Rules. We then learn about the drill-through functionality of TM1, virtual and lookup cubes and lastly Time, and presenting and reporting data
What you will learn from this book
* Learn the two most basic objects in TM1 - Dimensions and Cubes, along with instructions on their purpose, manual construction methods, and use
* Master the purpose and uses of Cognos TM1 Turbo Integrator
* Get to grips with the different types of data that can be drilled into and learn the steps to create a drill-through process and rule
* Identify the advanced tabs in Turbo Integrator and how they are used
* Comprehend the definition and purpose of virtual and lookup cubes in Cognos TM1
* Understand the importance of the time dimension in Cognos TM1
* Focus on techniques for presentation and reporting of data in Cognos TM1
This book is packed with real word examples. Each major certification topic is covered in a separate chapter, which helps to make understanding of concepts easier. At the end of each chapter, you will find a variety of practice questions to strengthen and test your learning.
Who this book is written for
If you are a beginner to intermediate level Cognos TM1 developer looking to add an important IBM certification to your resume but don’t know where to start, this book is for you! « less