Learn how to connect ASP.NET Core and Angular 2 to build a powerful and dynamic applications from scratch with this guide to cutting-edge web development
About This Book
Build a complete single page application with two of the most impressive frameworks in modern development
Find out how to bring together the capabilities and features of both Angular 2 and ASP.NET Core
From managing data, to application design, through to SEO optimization and security more » - take a comprehensive approach to building your next web project
Who This Book Is For
ASP.NET developers - find out how to bring Angular 2 into your development stack and extend your skillset so you can build even better single page applications.
What You Will Learn
- Find out how ASP.NET Core’s and Angular 2’s features perfectly complement each other
- Learn how to set up the resources you need and configure the MVC 6 interface
- Handle requests and actions using server-side and client-side Routing Create the Data Model using Entity Framework Core
- Learn how to use Angular 2 components and master directives
- Implement a token-based authorization and authentication flow supporting external login providers such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and more
- Create responsive, mobile-friendly views using Bootstrap and LESS Setup and optimize your production environment using IIS and SQL Server
- Secure your application against a diverse range of dangerous security threats
Writing code is about striking a balance between maintainability and productivity - how quickly you can write it against how much more you have to write in the future. This is a guide to doing just that by combining the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core and Angular 2. It shows you how to successfully manage an API and use it to support and power a dynamic single-page application. We'll show you how to construct your data model and manage routing and redirects before wrapping it up and styling it. « less
An Audit Preparation Plan
This book explains how to construct an information security program, from inception to audit, with enduring, practical, hands-on advice and actionable behavior for IT professionals. Information security is more than configuring firewalls, removing viruses, hacking machines, or setting passwords. Creating more » and promoting a successful security program requires skills in organizational consulting, diplomacy, change management, risk analysis, and out-of-the-box thinking.
IT Security Risk Control Management provides step-by-step guidance on how to craft a security program that will fit neatly into an organization and change dynamically to suit both the needs of the organization and survive constant changing threats. Readers will understand the paradoxes of information security and discover handy tools that hook security controls into business processes.
With this book, you will be able to equip your security program to prepare for and pass such common audits as PCI, SSAE-16 and ISO 27001. In addition, you will learn the depth and breadth of the expertise necessary to become an adaptive and effective security professional. This book:
* Starts at the beginning of how to approach, scope, and customize a security program to fit an organization.
* Walks you through how to implement the most challenging processes, pointing out common pitfalls and distractions.
* Teaches you how to frame security and risk issues to be clear and actionable to decision makers, technical personnel, and users.
What you’ll learn
* How to organically grow a useful, functional security program appropriate to an organization's culture and requirements
* How to inform, advise, and influence executives, IT staff, and users on information security
* How to think like a seasoned security professional, understanding how cyber-criminals subvert systems with subtle and insidious tricks.
* How to analyze, select, implement, and monitor security controls such as change control, vulnerability management, incident response, and access controls.
* How to prepare an organization to pass external formal audits such as PCI, SSAE-16 or ISO 27001
* How to write clear, easy to follow, comprehensive security policies and procedures
Who This Book Is For
IT professionals moving into the security field; new security managers, directors, project heads, and would-be CISOs; and security specialists from other disciplines moving into information security (e.g., former military security professionals, law enforcement professionals, and physical security professionals). « less
Get savvy with R language and actualize projects aimed at analysis, visualization and machine learning
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Proficiently analyze data and apply machine learning techniques
* Generate visualizations, develop interactive visualizations and applications to understand various data exploratory functions in R
* Construct a predictive model by using a variety of machine learning packages
WHO more » THIS BOOK IS FOR
This Learning Path is ideal for those who have been exposed to R, but have not used it extensively yet. It covers the basics of using R and is written for new and intermediate R users interested in learning. This Learning Path also provides in-depth insights into professional techniques for analysis, visualization, and machine learning with R – it will help you increase your R expertise, regardless of your level of experience.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get data into your R environment and prepare it for analysis
* Perform exploratory data analyses and generate meaningful visualizations of the data
* Generate various plots in R using the basic R plotting techniques
* Create presentations and learn the basics of creating apps in R for your audience
* Create and inspect the transaction dataset, performing association analysis with the Apriori algorithm
* Visualize associations in various graph formats and find frequent itemset using the ECLAT algorithm
* Build, tune, and evaluate predictive models with different machine learning packages
* Incorporate R and Hadoop to solve machine learning problems on big data
The R language is a powerful, open source, functional programming language. At its core, R is a statistical programming language that provides impressive tools to analyze data and create high-level graphics. This Learning Path is chock-full of recipes. Literally! It aims to excite you with awesome projects focused on analysis, visualization, and machine learning. We'll start off with data analysis – this will show you ways to use R to generate professional analysis reports. We'll then move on to visualizing our data – this provides you with all the guidance needed to get comfortable with data visualization with R. Finally, we'll move into the world of machine learning – this introduces you to data classification, regression, clustering, association rule mining, and dimension reduction.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
* R Data Analysis Cookbook by Viswa Viswanathan and Shanthi Viswanathan
* R Data Visualization Cookbook by Atmajitsinh Gohil
* Machine Learning with R Cookbook by Yu-Wei, Chiu (David Chiu)
STYLE AND APPROACH
This course creates a smooth learning path that will teach you how to analyze data and create stunning visualizations. The step-by-step instructions provided for each recipe in this comprehensive Learning Path will show you how to create machine learning projects with R. « less
General Systems Theory 2.0 at Work
A system is complex that it comprises multiple views such as strategy/version n, strategy/version n+1, concept, analysis, design, implementation, structure, behavior, and input/output data views. Accordingly, a system is defined as a set of interacting components forming an integrated whole of that system’s more » multiple views.
Since structure and behavior views are the two most prominent ones among multiple views, integrating the structure and behavior views is a method for integrating multiple views of a system. In other words, structure-behavior coalescence (SBC) results in the coalescence of multiple views. Therefore, it is concluded that the SBC architecture is so proper to model the multiple views of a system.
In this book, we use the SBC architecture description language (SBC-ADL) to describe and represent the systems architecture of Avalanche Prevention and Relief Cloud Applications and Services IoT System (APRCASIS). An architecture description language is a special kind of system model used in defining the architecture of a system. SBC-ADL uses six fundamental diagrams to formally grasp the essence of a system and its details at the same time. These diagrams are: a) architecture hierarchy diagram, b) framework diagram, c) component channel diagram, d) component connection diagram, e) structure-behavior coalescence diagram, and f) interaction flow diagram.
Systems architecture is on the rise. By this book’s introduction and elaboration of the systems architecture of APRCASIS, all readers may understand clearly how the SBC-ADL helps architects effectively perform architecting, in order to synergistically construct the fruitful systems architecture. « less
Design and implement a series of Flume agents to send streamed data into Hadoop
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Construct a series of Flume agents using the Apache Flume service to efficiently collect, aggregate, and move large amounts of event data
* Configure failover paths and load balancing to remove single points of failure
* Use this step-by-step guide to stream logs from application more » servers to Hadoop's HDFS
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a Hadoop programmer who wants to learn about Flume to be able to move datasets into Hadoop in a timely and replicable manner, then this book is ideal for you. No prior knowledge about Apache Flume is necessary, but a basic knowledge of Hadoop and the Hadoop File System (HDFS) is assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the Flume architecture, and also how to download and install open source Flume from Apache
* Follow along a detailed example of transporting weblogs in Near Real Time (NRT) to Kibana/Elasticsearch and archival in HDFS
* Learn tips and tricks for transporting logs and data in your production environment
* Understand and configure the Hadoop File System (HDFS) Sink
* Use a morphline-backed Sink to feed data into Solr
* Create redundant data flows using sink groups
* Configure and use various sources to ingest data
* Inspect data records and move them between multiple destinations based on payload content
* Transform data en-route to Hadoop and monitor your data flows
Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available service used to efficiently collect, aggregate, and move large amounts of log data. It is used to stream logs from application servers to HDFS for ad hoc analysis.
This book starts with an architectural overview of Flume and its logical components. It explores channels, sinks, and sink processors, followed by sources and channels. By the end of this book, you will be fully equipped to construct a series of Flume agents to dynamically transport your stream data and logs from your systems into Hadoop.
A step-by-step book that guides you through the architecture and components of Flume covering different approaches, which are then pulled together as a real-world, end-to-end use case, gradually going from the simplest to the most advanced features. « less
Design and create your own engaging, extensible, and addictive game using Construct 2
Construct 2 is one of the most accessible 2D game development tools available. With its easy-to-use editor, you can create brilliant, stunning, and impressive games even if you're just starting out. Construct 2 takes care of all the technical details and lets you focus on the exciting bit, designing more » your game.
Packed with practical and accessible examples, this guide will empower you to become a top game developer. With an introduction to the highly effective Construct 2 interface, you will learn immediately how to make great game design documents and build in random generation, as well as popular and vital game concepts.
Learning Construct 2 will arm you with all the knowledge, tips, and tricks to make you stand out in the world of game development, producing enjoyable games quickly. « less
Towards a Novel Computing Architecture for Complex Problem Solving
This textbook introduces a concise approach to the design of molecular algorithms for students or researchers who are interested in dealing with complex problems. Through numerous examples and exercises, you will understand the main difference of molecular circuits and traditional digital circuits to more » manipulate the same problem and you will also learn how to design a molecular algorithm of solving any a problem from start to finish.
The book starts with an introduction to computational aspects of digital computers and molecular computing, data representation of molecular computing, molecular operations of molecular computing and number representation of molecular computing and provides many molecular algorithm to construct the parity generator and the parity checker of error-detection codes on digital communication, to encode integers of different formats, single precision and double precision of floating-point numbers, to implement addition and subtraction of unsigned integers, to construct logic operations including NOT, OR, AND, NOR, NAND, Exclusive-OR (XOR) and Exclusive-NOR (XNOR), to implement comparators, shifters, increase, decrease, and to complete two specific operations that are to find the maximum number of “1” and to find the minimum number of “1”. The book is also a useful reference source to people new for the field of molecular computing. « less
In recent years, the internet has provided students and researchers with fantastic opportunities and a distinct set of challenges. In his new book, Nigel Ford shows how these opportunities and challenges impact on student research projects and explains the skills needed to navigate the web and use it more » effectively, emphasizing independent learning and the ability to critically assess information and transform it into effective evidence.
In connecting these online skills to the research process, Ford helps students to understand and answer research questions, construct an argument and present their evidence.
The book includes sections on:
• beginner and advanced search techniques
• assessing online information
• organising and storing information
• social networking sites and other online tools
• referencing, copyright and plagiarism.
As well as providing all of the basic techniques students need to use the internet as a research tool, this book will also help them to convert their online findings into a well structured, high quality research project. « less
Choice and Deployment, and Optional SQL/LDAP Back-Ends
Providing a complete survey of DNS (Domain Name System) servers, this reference outlines the most suitable types of servers for varying scenarios. Addressing performance and security issues, this resource describes in detail the ideal scenarios for each server. Additional topics discussed include how more » DNS information can be stored in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) directories or SQL databases as well as how to construct robust DNS systems. « less
Assigning Programs to Meanings
The B method is a means for specifying, designing and coding software systems. The long-awaited B Book is the standard reference for everything concerning this method. It contains the mathematical basis on which it is founded, the precise definitions of the notations used, and a large number of examples more » illustrating its use in practice. J.-R. Abrial, the inventor of B, has written the book in such a way that it can be used for self-study or for reference. It is in four parts, the first dealing with the mathematical foundations, including a systematic construction of predicate logic and set theory, and the definition of the various mathematical structures that are needed to formalize software systems; the author places special emphasis on the notion of proof. The second part contains a presentation of the Generalized Substitution Language and of the Abstract Machine Notation, which are both used to specify software systems; the author gives examples to show how large specifications can be constructed systematically.
The next part introduces the two basic programming features of sequencing and loop, with examples showing how to construct small algorithms. The last part covers the very important notion of refinement. It shows how to construct large software systems by means of layered architectures of modules. It culminates with the presentation of several examples of complete development with a special emphasis on the methodological approach.
Finally, appendices give summaries of all the logical and mathematical definitions, and of all the rules and proof obligations. With the appearance of The B Book, formal methods practitioners, computer scientists, and systems developers at last will have access to the definitive account of what will become one of the standard approaches to the construction of software systems. « less