Learn, explore, and create commercially successful mobile games for iOS and Android
***** About This Book *****
* From game physics to successful marketing, learn the fundamentals of Corona SDK for game development
* Integrate your games with social networks such as Twitter and Facebook
* This is a pragmatic guide explained in a step-by-step manner to create and deploy games quickly more » and efficiently
***** Who This Book Is For *****
This book is for anyone who wants to have a go at creating commercially successfully games for Android and iOS. You don't need game development or programming experience.
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Learn how to script in Lua and get a better understanding of command flow, functions, and objects
* Load images and add a background image to your games
* Apply more functionality to your game using more APIs
* Use sprite sheets and create more complex game logic for the game
* Track your data and save the scores of your games
* Make your game socially aware by sharing messages and scores on Facebook and Twitter
***** In Detail *****
Corona is a software development kit to build mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
This book will take you through the journey of developing games right from installing Corona SDK and creating Hello World as your first app. Going further, you will learn how to script in Lua and learn some techniques to apply this in Corona SDK with demonstration. Towards the end of the book you'll build the final game, which involves physical objects and also uses features such as the accelerometer. Moreover, learn to make your game socially available on Twitter and Facebook.
By the end of the book, you'll learn to deploy your iOS and Android games to the App Store and Google Play Store. « less