* This book will enable and empower you to break free of the shackles of spreadsheets
* Learn to make informed decisions using the data at hand with this highly practical, comprehensive guide
* This book includes real-world use cases that teach you how analytics can be put to work to more » optimize your business
* Using a fictional transactional dataset in raw form, you'll work your way up to ultimately creating a fully-functional warehouse and a fleshed-out BI platform
Business Intelligence (BI) is at the crux of revolutionizing enterprise. Everyone wants to minimize losses and maximize profits. Thanks to Big Data and improved methodologies to analyze data, Data Analysts and Data Scientists are increasingly using data to make informed decisions. Just knowing how to analyze data is not enough, you need to start thinking how to use data as a business asset and then perform the right analysis to build an insightful BI solution. Efficient BI strives to achieve the automation of data for ease of reporting and analysis.
Through this book, you will develop the ability to think along the right lines and use more than one tool to perform analysis depending on the needs of your business. We start off by preparing you for data analytics. We then move on to teach you a range of techniques to fetch important information from various databases, which can be used to optimize your business.
The book aims to provide a full end-to-end solution for an environment setup that can help you make informed business decisions and deliver efficient and automated BI solutions to any company.
It is a complete guide for implementing Business intelligence with the help of the most powerful tools like D3.js, R, Tableau, Qlikview and Python that are available on the market.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Create a BI environment that enables self-service reporting
* Understand SQL and the aggregation of data
* Develop a data model suitable for analytical reporting
* Connect a data warehouse to the analytic reporting tools
* Understand the specific benefits behind visualizations with D3.js, R, Tableau, QlikView, and Python
* Get to know the best practices to develop various reports and applications when using BI tools
* Explore the field of data analysis with all the data we will use for reporting « less
Source code is one of the biggest assets of a software company. However if not maintained well, it can become a big liability. As source code becomes larger. more complex and accessed via the cloud, maintaining code quality becomes even more challenging. The author provides straightforward tools and advice on how to manage code quality in this new environment.
Roslyn exposes a set of APIs which allow developers to parse their C# and VB.NET code and drastically lower the barrier to entry for Meta programming in .NET. Roslyn has a dedicated set of APIs for creating custom refactoring for integrating with Visual Studio.
What You Will Learn
* Understand the Roslyn Syntax API
* Use Data Visualization techniques to assist code analysis process visually
* Code health monitoring matrices (from the standard of Code Query Language)
* Code mining techniques to identify design patterns used in source code
* Code forensics techniques to identify probable author of a given source code
* Techniques to identify duplicate/near duplicate code
Who This Book is For
.NET Software Developers and Architects « less
Unchain your data from the desktop with responsive visualizations Building Responsive Data Visualization for the Web is a handbook for any front-end development team needing a framework for integrating responsive web design into the current workflow. Written by a leading industry expert and design lead more » at Starbase Go, this book provides a wealth of information and practical guidance from the perspective of a real-world designer. You'll walk through the process of building data visualizations responsively as you learn best practices that build upon responsive web design principles, and get the hands-on practice you need with exercises, examples, and source code provided in every chapter. These strategies are designed to be implemented by teams large and small, with varying skill sets, so you can apply these concepts and skills to your project right away.
Responsive web design is the practice of building a website to suit base browser capability, then adding features that enhance the experience based on the user's device's capabilities. Applying these ideas to data produces visualizations that always look as if they were designed specifically for the device through which they are viewed. This book shows you how to incorporate these principles into your current practices, with highly practical hands-on training.
* Examine the hard data surrounding responsive design
* Master best practices with hands-on exercises
* Learn data-based document manipulation using D3.js
* Adapt your current strategies to responsive workflows
Data is growing exponentially, and the need to visualize it in any context has become crucial. Traditional visualizations allow important data to become lost when viewed on a small screen, and the web traffic speaks for itself – viewers repeatedly demonstrate their preference for responsive design. If you're ready to create more accessible, take-anywhere visualizations, Building Responsive Data Visualization for the Web is your tailor-made solution. « less
D3.js in Action is a practical tutorial for creating interactive graphics and data-driven applications using D3.js. You'll start with in-depth explanations of D3's out-of-the-box layouts, along with dozens of practical use cases that align with different types of visualizations. Then, you'll explore more » practical techniques for content creation, animation, and representing dynamic data—including interactive graphics and data streamed live over the web. The final chapters show you how to use D3's rich interaction model as the foundation for a complete web application. In the end, you'll be ready to integrate D3.js into your web development process and transform any site into a more engaging and sophisticated user experience.
About the Technology
About the Book
D3.js in Action introduces you to the most powerful web data visualization library available and shows you how to use it to build interactive graphics and data-driven applications. You'll start with dozens of practical use cases that align with different types of charts, networks, and maps using D3's out-of-the-box layouts. Then, you'll explore practical techniques for content design, animation, and representation of dynamic data—including interactive graphics and live streaming data.
* Interacting with vector graphics
* Expressive data visualization
* Creating rich mapping applications
* Prepping your data
* Complete data-driven web apps in D3
About the Author
Elijah Meeks is a senior data visualization engineer at Netflix. His D3.js portfolio includes work at Stanford University and with well-known companies worldwide.
Table of Contents
1. PART 1 D3.JS FUNDAMENTALS
2. An introduction to D3.js
3. Information visualization data flow
4. Data-driven design and interaction
5. PART 2 THE PILLARS OF INFORMATION VISUALIZATION
6. Chart components
8. Network visualization
9. Geospatial information visualization
10. Traditional DOM manipulation with D3
11. PART 3 ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
12. Composing interactive applications
13. Writing layouts and components
14. Big data visualization
15. D3.js on mobile (available online only) « less
You've got data to communicate. But what kind of visualization do you choose, how do you build it, and how do you ensure that it's up to the demands of the Web?
Then you'll move on to more advanced topics, including how to:
* Create tree maps, heat maps, network graphs, word clouds, and timelines
* Map geographic data, and build sparklines and composite charts
* Add interactivity and retrieve data with AJAX
* Manage data in the browser and build data-driven web applications
* Harness the power of the Flotr2, Flot, Chronoline.js, D3.js, Underscore.js, and Backbone.js libraries
Build stunning maps and visualizations using D3.js
D3.js is a visualization library used for the creation and control of dynamic and interactive graphical forms. It is a library used to manipulate HTML and SVG documents based on data. A consolidated resource on obtaining geographic data, modifying it to your convenience, and visualizing it with augmented more » data using D3.js, this book will meet your mapping needs.
Starting with a working map, you will explore the tools required to start the construction process, further moving on to cover the fundamentals of SVG and understanding its relation to creating maps using D3. Equipped with this overview, you will learn to make optimum use of D3's mapping, covering the main enter, update, and exit methods that allow D3.js to do its magic. Dealing with data joining and pairing with HTML and SVG, you will be introduced to different aspects of GEO data, along with the common file formats and converting data into GeoJSON and TopoJSON. You will learn to apply interactivity to your maps and create stunning visualizations before finally ensuring problem-free development with a chapter on troubleshooting. « less
Bring your data to life by creating and deploying complex data visualizations with D3.js
* Learn how to create custom charts as reusable components that can be integrated with your existing projects
* Design data-driven applications with several charts interacting between them
* Create an analytics dashboard to display real-time data using Node.js and D3
D3.js more » is one of the most popular and powerful tools for creating data visualizations. As the pressure to produce accurate and clear insights from data increases, D3.js remains a reliable and high-quality data visualization solution. Mastering D3.js provides you with clear and detailed guidance to help you dive deeper into D3, and learn how to create data visualizations that are capable of responding to the modern challenges of data. Taking a comprehensive approach to D3.js, and tackling everything you need to take your data visualization skills to another level of sophistication, Mastering D3.js is an essential book for anyone interested in the intersection of data science and design.
Use this advanced D3.js book to get to grips with cutting-edge data visualization. Learn how to create a reusable chart and a layout algorithm, before moving further into D3, as you learn how to make a color picker and develop an effective user interface. You will also find further practical information on how to create a quality user dashboard for high-quality big data analytics and tips to help you learn how to integrate mapping libraries.
The book concludes with a clear demonstration of how to create a real-time data visualization application with Firebase to give you a complete picture of what D3.js makes possible in data visualization today.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Discover the full potential of D3.js as an awesome data visualization technology
* Learn D3.js application development
* Use practical tips and insight from an expert to learn how to design and make an effective interface
* Learn how to create custom charts as reusable components to be integrated with existing projects
* Create a powerful and high-quality analytics dashboard
* Find out how to create custom maps and integrate D3 with third-party mapping libraries
* Follow steps to create data-driven applications by integrating D3 with Backbone
* Learn how to collaborate with Firebase for real-time data analytics
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Pablo Navarro Castillo is a mathematical engineer and developer. He earned his Master's degree in Applied Mathematics from École des Mines de Saint-Etienne in France. After working for a few years in operations research and data analysis, he began to work as a data visualization consultant and developer. In 2014, he founded Masega, which is a data visualization agency based in Santiago, Chile, where he currently works.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Data Visualization
2. Reusable Charts
3. Creating Visualizations Without SVG
4. Creating a Color Picker with D3
5. Creating User Interface Elements
6. Interaction Between Charts
7. Creating a Charting Package
8. Data-Driven Applications
9. Creating a Dashboard
10. Creating Maps
11. Creating Advanced Maps
12. Creating a Real-time Application « less
Building Data Analytics Applications with Hadoop
Mining big data requires a deep investment in people and time. How can you be sure you're building the right models? With this hands-on book, you'll learn a flexible toolset and methodology for building effective analytics applications with Hadoop.
Using lightweight tools such as Python, Apache Pig, more » and the D3.js library, your team will create an agile environment for exploring data, starting with an example application to mine your own email inboxes. You'll learn an iterative approach that enables you to quickly change the kind of analysis you're doing, depending on what the data is telling you. « less
* Create stunning data visualization with the power of D3
* Bootstrap D3 quickly more » with the help of ready-to-go code samples
* Solve real-world visualization problems with the help of practical recipes
"Data Visualization with D3.js Cookbook" is packed with practical recipes to help you learn every aspect of data visualization with D3.
"Data Visualization with D3.js Cookbook" is designed to provide you with all the guidance you need to get to grips with data visualization with D3. With this book, you will create breathtaking data visualization with professional efficiency and precision with the help of practical recipes, illustrations, and code samples.
"Data Visualization with D3.js Cookbook" starts off by touching upon data visualization and D3 basics before gradually taking you through a number of practical recipes covering a wide range of topics you need to know about D3.
What you will learn from this book
* Select and manipulate HTML and SVG elements efficiently in D3
* Drive your visualization using data
* Master D3 scales and interpolators
* Animate your visualization with style
* Use SVG and various D3 path generators
* Explore D3 layouts and understand and leverage D3 force
* Build mobile-first interactive visualization with touch support
* Test-drive your visualization implementation
* Build multi-dimensional data visualization with crossfilter and dc.js in minutes
Packed with practical recipes, this is a step-by-step guide to learning data visualization with D3 with the help of detailed illustrations and code samples.
Who this book is written for