Learn to set up the latest CentOS Linux network services including DNS, DHCP, SSH and VNC, Web, FTP, Mail, Firewall, and LDAP, enabling you to provide these services on your own network. CentOS continues to be a popular Linux distribution choice, and setting up your own services is a key skill for anyone more » maintaining a CentOS network.
You will learn how to install CentOS, and manage basic administration. You’ll then move onto understanding networking, and how to set up your required services. Each chapter is written in an easy-to-digest format and teaches you how set up, manage, and troubleshoot each service. You’ll be running your own network in no time at all.
What You Will Learn
* Install and set up the latest version of CentOS
* Configure and manage a wide range of network services
* Solve problems remotely and manage your network efficiently
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who wants to learn how to set up and manage CentOS Linux network services. Some previous Linux experience is beneficial, but this book is designed to be used by beginners. « less
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Designed to help enterprise administrators develop real-world, job-role-specific skills—this Training Guide focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Build hands-on more » expertise through a series of lessons, exercises, and suggested practices—and help maximize your performance on the job.
This Microsoft Training Guide:
* Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
* Focuses on job-role-specific expertise for deploying and managing advanced infrastructure services in Windows Server 2012
* Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-412
Sharpen your skills. Increase your expertise.
* Configure full forest and domain trust relationships
* Configure Active Directory (AD) sites and manage AD replication
* Implement advanced DNS and DHCP solutions
* Install, configure, and manage AD Certificate Services
* Manage backups and recover servers
* Optimize storage and configure advanced file services
* Manage failover clustering and Network Load Balancing
* Move virtual machines from one Hyper-V server to another
* Implement Dynamic Access Control and Active Directory RMS
* Implement Active Directory Federation Services « less
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is a handy guide to implementing IPv6 in a Microsoft Windows environment. This is the book you need if you are a Microsoft Windows Administrator confronted with IPv6 and in need of a quick resource to get up and going. The book covers the current state of IPv6 more » and its support in Microsoft Windows. It provides best-practices and other guidance toward successful implementation.
This book is especially written with the goal of translating your current expertise in IPv4 into the new realm of IPv6. Special attention is given to dual-stack configurations, helping you to run IPv4 and IPv6 side-by-side and support both protocol versions during a transition period.
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is also a fast reference you can look at to get something done quickly. It covers IPv6 addressing, management of IPv6 from Powershell, Advanced Firewall configuration, and use of IPv6 in Hyper-V and virtual networking environments. You'll find practical examples showing how IPv6 integrates with all the standard tools you use for IPv4 today, tools like DNS and DHCP. You'll also find insider knowledge on IPv6 that can help avert stumbling points on the road to deployment.
* Provides a quick path from IPv4 expertise to IPv6 implementation
* Gives best-practices specific to Windows on IPv6 and dual stack networks
* Is chock full of practical examples showing how to manage IPv6 on Windows « less
I spent 3 years scaling Twitpic to over 60 million visitors and 20 billion HTTP Requests. I'm sharing everything I've learnt in this ebook so you can skip over the trial-and-error and head straight to the techniques.
Covers the entire stack- Nginx, MySQL, Redis
In-Depth MySQL Tuning
We discuss more » each parameter, why it exists, and how to tune it.
Nginx and PHP-FPM
Move away from Apache and learn how to tune Nginx/PHP-FPM.
Redis and Memcached
We discuss scaling sessions, Russian Doll Caching, and the "dogpile".
This content doesn't exist anywhere else
When I set out to write Scaling PHP Apps, my goal was to write about topics that didn't really exist anywhere else. This isn't regurgitated documentation- it's real life scaling techniques, mixed with case studies and in-depth exploration. Make no mistake, this is a highly technical book, and you should already be comfortable with PHP.
If you've ever researched scaling, you know nothing like this book really exists anywhere else. It's an important book that'll save you hours of research and testing. Readers have told me it's blown their expectations away and that they've implemented hundreds of tidbits into their stack.
This book is filled with 150-pages of real-life, practical content. Changes that you can implement today!
* Settle the Persistent Connection debate (with benchmarks)
* Detailed explination of each important MySQL Setting
* Understand exactly how NUMA impacts MySQL
* Why you should scrap Apache and mod_php
* Bugs in Memcached you've never heard about
* How DNS lookups can crash your whole application
* Clever uses of Redis for stats and performance
* How to debug PHP with strace and xhprof
* Ways to benchmark MySQL, HAProxy, Nginx, and PHP « less
DNS for the Next-Generation Internet
If you're preparing to roll out IPv6 on your network, this concise book provides the essentials you need to support this protocol with DNS. You'll learn how DNS was extended to accommodate IPv6 addresses, and how you can configure a BIND name server to run on the network. This book also features methods more » for troubleshooting problems with IPv6 forward- and reverse-mapping, and techniques for helping islands of IPv6 clients communicate with IPv4 resources. « less
Pro DNS and BIND 10 guides you through the challenging array of features surrounding DNS with a special focus on the latest release of BIND, the world's most popular DNS implementation. This book unravels the mysteries of DNS, offering insight into origins, evolution, and key concepts like domain names more » and zone files. This book focuses on running DNS systems based on BIND 10, the first stable release that includes support for the latest DNSSEC standards. « less
MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647
Windows Server® 2008 Portable Command Guide
MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647
All the MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647 Commands in One Compact, Portable Resource
Maximize your efficiency as a Windows Server 2008 administrator, and master more » the commands, keywords, command arguments, options, and prompts covered on Microsoft’s MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCTS 70-643, MCITP 70-646, and MCITP 70-647 exams! This easy, handy reference brings together all the techniques, tips, tools, and examples you’ll need. It’s your perfect take-anywhere guide to running Windows Server 2008 and R2 environments—and passing Microsoft’s five key Windows Server 2008 administration exams.
Covers all the commands you need to score higher on your MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646 and 70-647 exams!
* Master the command prompt in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
* Manipulate files, folders, and shares
* Write effective batch files
* Manage and troubleshoot DNS with dnscmd and nslookup
* Manage and troubleshoot Active Directory–from basic and advanced ds commands through replication
* Work with group policy and the Security Configuration Wizard
* Configure Server Core, including roles and remote administration
* Control services, routing, printers, licensing, activation, event subscriptions, and more
* Troubleshoot networking, reliability, and performance
* Utilize Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Services
* Create and manage server roles from the command line
* Administer Windows Server 2008 with PowerShell and VB scripts
Your Perfect Take-Anywhere Windows Server 2008 Command Resource!
* Covers commands on the MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCTS 70-643, MCITP 70-646, and MCITP 70-647 exams
* Includes important administration commands that aren’t on the exams
* Packed with realistic scenarios, high-efficiency examples, and expert tips
Category: Microsoft Certification
Covers: Windows Server 2008 Exams (MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647) « less
Master All the Techniques You Need to Succeed with Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Set up key Internet servers, step by step, including Samba, Apache, sendmail, DNS, FTP, and other Internet servers
* Automate and streamline administration with this edition’s outstanding new chapter on Perl more » scripting
* Master GUI-based admin tools and the powerful Linux command line (CLI)
In this book, one of the world’s leading Linux experts brings together all the knowledge you’ll need to succeed with Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux in any real-world environment. Best-selling author Mark Sobell explains Linux clearly and effectively, focusing on skills you’ll actually use as an administrator, user, or programmer.
Sobell assumes no prior Linux knowledge. He starts at the beginning and walks you through every topic and task that matters, using easy-to-understand examples. Step by step, you’ll learn how to install and configure Linux from the accompanying DVD, navigate its graphical user interfaces, provide file/print sharing and Internet services, make sure Linux desktops and networks are as secure as possible, work with the powerful command line, administer Linux efficiently, and even automate administration with Perl scripts.
Mark Sobell has taught hundreds of thousands of Linux and UNIX professionals. He knows every Linux nook and cranny–and he never forgets what it’s like to be new to Linux. Whatever you’ll want to do with Linux–now or in the future–this book gives you everything you’ll need.
Compared with the other Linux books out there, A Practical Guide to Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, Fifth Edition, delivers
* Complete, up-to-the-minute coverage of Fedora 12 and RHEL 5
* Deeper coverage of the command line and the newest GUIs, including desktop customization
* More practical coverage of file sharing using Samba, NFS, and FTP
* More and better coverage of automating administration with Perl
* More usable, realistic coverage of Internet server configuration, including Apache, sendmail, NFS, DNS/BIND, and LDAP
* More state-of-the-art security techniques, including SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux), ACLs (Access Control Lists), firewall setup using both the Red Hat GUI and iptables, and a full chapter on OpenSSH
* More and better coverage of system/network administration tasks, including new coverage of network monitoring with Cacti
* Complete instructions on keeping Linux systems up-to-date using yum
* And much more, including a 500+ term glossary and a comprehensive index
Includes DVD! Get the full version of the Fedora 12 release! « less
Solve Real-life Linux Problems Quickly
If you're an experienced system administrator looking to acquire Linux skills, or a seasoned Linux user facing a new challenge, Linux System Administration offers practical knowledge for managing a complete range of Linux systems and servers. The book summarizes the steps you need to build everything more » from standalone Soho hubs, web servers, and Lan servers to load-balanced clusters and servers consolidated through virtualization. Along the way, you'll learn about all of the tools you need to set up and maintain these working environments.
Linux is now a standard corporate platform with users numbering in the hundreds of millions, and there is a definite shortage of talented administrators. Linux System Administration is ideal as an introduction to Linux for Unix veterans, Mcses, and mainframe administrators, and as an advanced (and refresher) guide for existing Linux administrators who will want to jump into the middle of the book. Inside, you'll learn how to:
* Set up a stand-alone Linux server
* Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a Dns server using Bind
* Build an Internet server to manage sites, perform email and file transfers, and more
* Set up an email service for a small-to-medium-sized site, complete with authentication
* Install and configure Apache, Php, and MySql on a web server built from scratch
* Combine computers into a load-balanced Apache web server cluster based on the free Linux Virtual Server
* Set up local network services from distributed file systems to Dhcp services, gateway services, print services, user management and more
* Use Linux virtualization with Xen or Vmware to run multiple kernels on one piece of hardware; manage each kernel's access to processor time, devices, and memory « less
Red Hat Linux Security and Optimization is a reference for power-users and administrators covering all security issues, including Filesystems Security, Securing root accounts and Firewalls. Other Security books talk about how to apply certain patches to fix a security problem -- but this book shows you more » how to secure all applications so that the chances for a security breach are automatically minimized. Application performance benchmarking will also be covered. This book introduces you to many application-specific performance and benchmarking techniques and shows you how to tune your computer as well as your networks. This book covers all the primary Red Hat Linux Applications such as Apache Web Server, WuFTP, FTP server, BIND DNS server, Sendmail SMTP server and focuses on how to enhance security for each of them. It also shows you how to secure NFS and Samba Server, as well as the Apache Web Server. « less