Effectively manage Drupal projects using Drush
If you are a Drupal developer or themer who understands Drupal administration s basic concepts and want to overcome the real-world challenges in Drupal projects using Drush, this is the book for you. Challenges involve automating processes, upgrading, and deploying new releases.
The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 is the most comprehensive book for getting sites done using the powerful and extensible Drupal content management system. Written by a panel of expert authors, the book covers every aspect of Drupal, from planning a successful project all the way up to making a living more » from designing Drupal sites and to contributing to the Drupal community yourself. With this book you will:
* Follow practical approaches to solving many online communication needs with Drupal with real examples.
* Learn how to keep learning about Drupal: administration, development, theming, design, and architecture.
* Go beyond the code to engage with the Drupal community as a contributing member and to do Drupal sustainably as a business.
The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 was written by the following team of expert Drupal authors:
Benjamin Melanc¸on, Jacine Luisi, Ka´roly Ne´gyesi, Greg Anderson, Bojhan Somers, Ste´phane Corlosquet, Stefan Freudenberg, Michelle Lauer, Ed Carlevale, Florian Lore´tan, Dani Nordin, Ryan Szrama, Susan Stewart, Jake Strawn, Brian Travis, Dan Hakimzadeh, Amye Scavarda, Albert Albala, Allie Micka, Robert Douglass, Robin Monks, Roy Scholten, Peter Wolanin, Kay VanValkenburgh, Greg Stout, Kasey Qynn Dolin, Mike Gifford, Claudina Sarahe, Sam Boyer, and Forest Mars, with contributions from George Cassie, Mike Ryan, Nathaniel Catchpole, and Dmitri Gaskin.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
* Launch a community-ready site in fifteen minutes.
* Talk to stakeholders and architect a site’s structure and functionality around the goals it must achieve to successfully launch major enterprise sites.
* Find, evaluate, and configure modules to extend Drupal’s functionality.
* Theme inspired designs into functional, future-proof templates.
* Build modules when you need to extend what Drupal can do beyond the thousands of solutions already coded by others.
* Work with Drupal sustainably as a professional and as a participant in the Drupal community.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Anyone who has heard of Drupal and has a personal or professional reason to learn more: from Drupal administrators, themers, and developers to moonlighters and intense hobbyists. People considering a solo or collaborative career making websites will find this book their complete stop for Drupal.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Building a Drupal 7 Site
2. Essential Tools: Drush and Git
3. Building Dynamic Pages Using Views
4. There's a Module for That
5. Creating Community Web Sites with Organic Groups
6. Security in Drupal
7. Updating Drupal
8. Extending Your Site
9. Drupal Community: Getting Help and Getting Involved
10. Planning and Managing a Drupal Project
11. Documenting for End Users and the Production Team
12. Development Environment
13. Putting a Site Online and Deploying New Features
14. Developing from a Human Mindset
16. Advanced Theming
18. Introduction to Module Development
19. Using Drupal's APIs i... « less