Configure, manage, and customize Odoo to build professional-level business applications
About This Book
Build an Odoo module and integrate it with other platforms through this practical guide This book is the perfect companion to help you customize your Odoo installations for your enterprise requirements Use project management along with analytics for better reporting Who This Book Is more » For This book is for those who have not used Odoo before, allowing you to learn advanced-level features with Odoo such as creating your own custom modules. You do not need any knowledge of Odoo.
What You Will Learn
- Configure a functioning customer relationship management system
- Set up a purchasing and receiving system Implement manufacturing operations and processes using real-world examples
- Discover the capabilities of Odoo's financial accounting and reporting features Integrate powerful human resource applications
- Utilize Odoo's project management application to organize tasks
- Customize Odoo without writing a line a code
Odoo is a comprehensive set of open-source enterprise management applications. Now with Odoo 10, you have access to a powerful website builder, integrated e-commerce features, and a fast-growing community to help transform and modernize your business. You will start with how to set up Odoo online and on your own server. You'll then configure the basic company settings required to quickly getting your first Odoo system up and running. Later you'll explore Customer Relationship Management in Odoo and and their importance in today's modern business environment. Next we will deep dive into purchasing application with Odoo and learn some of the primary functionalities of ERP systems for manufacturing operations. You will then use analytic accounting to provide better reporting. Finally you will walk through the recent Odoo 10 features with respect to the community and enterprise edition giving you complete « less
Protocols for Secure Electronic Commerce, Third Edition presents a compendium of protocols for securing electronic commerce, or e-commerce, in consumer- and business-to-business applications. Attending to a variety of electronic payment systems currently in use around the globe, this edition:
* Updates more » all chapters to reflect the latest technical advances and developments in areas such as mobile commerce
* Adds a new chapter on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that did not exist at the time of the previous edition's publication
* Increases the coverage of PayPal in accordance with PayPal’s amplified role for consumers and businesses
* Expands the discussion of bank cards, dedicating a full chapter to magnetic stripe cards and a full chapter to chip-and-PIN technology
Protocols for Secure Electronic Commerce, Third Edition offers a state-of-the-art overview of best practices for the security of e-commerce, complete with end-of-chapter review questions and an extensive bibliography of specialized references. A Solutions Manual and PowerPoint slides are available with qualifying course adoption. « less
Getting paid using Stripe or PayPal is only the beginning of creating a fully-functional e-commerce application. You also need to handle failure cases, inventory management, administration, security, reporting, and be compliant with legal issues. Manage one-time transactions and recurring subscriptions, more » handle inventory management, issue discounts and refunds, mitigate administration and compliance issues, and test your code to ensure your customers have a smooth, hassle-free experience.
An e-commerce payment application is literally rewarding to build--you can see the return on investment as genuine money is added to your account. But it can be stressful to manage, with security and compliance concerns and administration issues. And your entire business may depend on these features working smoothly.
Let Noel Rappin guide you through the setup and complications of dealing with online financial transactions.
Go beyond just the interaction with the gateway service and build an application that will be robust and useful over time. Set up a Stripe and PayPal payment gateway and accept credit card payments. Use the Stripe API to improve security by validating credit card data without sending it through your own server. Design your application for maximum flexibility against the inevitable complexities of business logic, including handling discounts. Manage the multiple failure points of dealing with payment gateways and test for failure cases. Use background jobs to simplify third-party interactions. Handle administrative tasks such as issuing refunds and discounts while maintaining data integrity and security. Create subscription plans and manage recurring payments, and stay on top of legal issues regarding taxes, reporting, and compliance. Pay affiliates or contributors from your application.
By the end, you will know how to create a fully-functional web payment-taking machine.
What You Need:
The code in this book works with Ruby 2.3.1 and Rails 5, though nearly all of the code will run with earlier versions of Ruby and Rails. « less
Proceedings of Second International Conference INDIA 2015, Volume
The second international conference on INformation Systems Design and Intelligent Applications (INDIA – 2015) held in Kalyani, India during January 8-9, 2015. The book covers all aspects of information system design, computer science and technology, general sciences, and educational research. Upon a more » double blind review process, a number of high quality papers are selected and collected in the book, which is composed of two different volumes, and covers a variety of topics, including natural language processing, artificial intelligence, security and privacy, communications, wireless and sensor networks, microelectronics, circuit and systems, machine learning, soft computing, mobile computing and applications, cloud computing, software engineering, graphics and image processing, rural engineering, e-commerce, e-governance, business computing, molecular computing, nano-computing, chemical computing, intelligent computing for GIS and remote sensing, bio-informatics and bio-computing. These fields are not only limited to computer researchers but also include mathematics, chemistry, biology, bio-chemistry, engineering, statistics, and all others in which computer techniques may assist. « less
Principles and Best Practices for Mobile Commerce
Now that consumer purchases with mobile phones are on the rise, how do you design a payment app that’s safe, easy to use, and compelling? With this practical book, interaction and product designer Skip Allums provides UX best practices and recommendations to help you create familiar, friendly, and trustworthy more » experiences.
Consumers want mobile transactions to be as fast and reliable as cash or bank cards. This book shows designers, developers, and product managers—from startups to financial institutions—how to design mobile payments that not only safeguard identity and financial data, but also provide value-added features that exceed customer expectations.
* Learn about the major mobile payment frameworks: NFC, cloud, and closed loop
* Examine the pros and cons of Google Wallet, Isis, Square, PayPal, and other payment apps
* Provide walkthroughs, demos, and easy registration to quickly gain a new user’s trust
* Design efficient point-of-sale interactions, using NFC, QR, barcodes, or geolocation
* Add peripheral services such as points, coupons and offers, and money management « less
Proceeding of the First Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications
This volume presents the proceedings of the First Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications (ECC 2014), which was hosted by Shenzhen Graduate School of Harbin Institute of Technology and was held in Shenzhen City on June 13-15, 2014. ECC 2014 was technically co-sponsored by more » Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Machine Intelligence Research Labs, VSB-Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic), National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (Taiwan), and Secure E-commerce Transactions (Shenzhen) Engineering Laboratory of Shenzhen Institute of Standards and Technology. « less
Theory and Practice
Plan recognition, activity recognition, and intent recognition together combine and unify techniques from user modeling, machine vision, intelligent user interfaces, human/computer interaction, autonomous and multi-agent systems, natural language understanding, and machine learning.
Plan, Activity, more » and Intent Recognition explains the crucial role of these techniques in a wide variety of applications including:
* personal agent assistants
* computer and network security
* opponent modeling in games and simulation systems
* coordination in robots and software agents
* web e-commerce and collaborative filtering
* dialog modeling
* video surveillance
* smart homes
In this book, follow the history of this research area and witness exciting new developments in the field made possible by improved sensors, increased computational power, and new application areas.
* Combines basic theory on algorithms for plan/activity recognition along with results from recent workshops and seminars
* Explains how to interpret and recognize plans and activities from sensor data
* Provides valuable background knowledge and assembles key concepts into one guide for researchers or students studying these disciplines « less
Design and Development
A top-level security guru for both eBay and PayPal and a best-selling information systems security author show how to design and develop secure Web commerce systems. Whether it's online banking or ordering merchandise using your cell phone, the world of online commerce requires a high degree of security more » to protect you during transactions. This book not only explores all critical security issues associated with both e-commerce and mobile commerce (m-commerce), it is also a technical manual for how to create a secure system. Covering all the technical bases, this book provides the detail that developers, system architects, and system integrators need to design and implement secure, user-friendly, online commerce systems.
* Co-authored by Hadi Nahari, one of the world’s most renowned experts in Web commerce security; he is currently the Principal Security, Mobile and DevicesArchitect at eBay, focusing on the architecture and implementation of eBay and PayPal mobile
* Co-authored by Dr. Ronald Krutz; information system security lecturer and co-author of the best-selling Wiley CISSP Prep Guide Series
* Shows how to architect and implement user-friendly security for e-commerce and especially, mobile commerce
* Covers the fundamentals of designing infrastructures with high availability, large transactional capacity, and scalability
* Includes topics such as understanding payment technologies and how to identify weak security, and how to augment it.
Get the essential information you need on Web commerce security—as well as actual design techniques—in this expert guide. « less
A Problem-Solution Approach
Hibernate continues to be the most popular out-of-the-box framework solution for Java Persistence and data/database accessibility techniques and patterns. It is used for e-commerce–based web applications as well as heavy-duty transactional systems for the enterprise.
Gary Mak, the author of the best-selling more » Spring Recipes, now brings you Hibernate Recipes. This book contains a collection of code recipes and templates for learning and building Hibernate solutions for you and your clients.
This book is your pragmatic day-to-day reference and guide for doing all things involving Hibernate. There are many books focused on learning Hibernate, but this book takes you further and shows how you can apply it practically in your daily work. « less
Learn how to quickly develop next-generation online shops using Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails offers developers the opportunity to create fully-featured web applications in double-quick time. Rails and e-commerce are a match made in heaven and Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce is the first book to directly target this market. The book explains, via real-life scenarios, how to use more » Rails to create every aspect of an online store – from creating a product catalog, to building a reliable shopping cart system, all the way to features and functions like customer feedback forums. This combination of high sophistication and broad focus makes this an essential working reference – the book all developers are calling for. « less