Master building complex applications with NetBeans to become more proficient programmers
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Customize NetBeans to fit your unique needs
* Excel in NetBeans IDE, learning the shortcuts and hidden features to become more productive
* A comprehensive guide to become more productive at application development using NetBeans IDE
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a competent more » developer who wants to fast-track your application development with NetBeans IDE, then this book is for you. Reasonable knowledge and an understanding of Java programming and NetBeans IDE is assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Install NetBeans either from a distribution package or from source code
* Test, debug, and run production code using the NetBeans IDE
* Use external services such as PaaS environments and web services
* Create desktop applications using Swing tools
* Manage and configure relational databases
* Build a Java business model and web tiers using Java EE and Spring technologies
* Explore web services both with XML and RESTful approaches
* Handle external services such as databases , Maven repositories, and cloud providers
* Extend NetBeans for those situations where you require more from your IDE
With the increasing complexity of software development and the abundance of tools available, learning your IDE in-depth will instantly increase your developer productivity. NetBeans is the only IDE that can be downloaded with Java itself and provides you with many cutting edge features not readily available with many IDEs. The IDE also provides a great set of tools for PHP and C/C++ developers. It is free and open source and has a large community of users and developers around the world.
This book will teach you to ace NetBeans IDE and make use of it in creating Java business and web services. It will help you to become a proficient developer and use NetBeans for software development. You will learn effective third-party interaction and enable yourself for productive database development.
Moving on, you will see how to create EJB projects and write effective and efficient web applications. Then you will learn how to use Swing and manage and configure a relational database. By the end of the book, you will be able to handle external services such as databases, Maven repositories, and cloud providers, and extend your NetBeans when you require more from your IDE.
STYLE AND APPROACH
An easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide to help you master the exhaustive range of NetBeans features in order to become more efficient at Java programing. More advanced topics are covered in each chapter, with subjects grouped according to their complexity as well as their utility. « less
Pro Spring updates the perennial bestseller with the latest that the Spring Framework 4 has to offer. Now in its fourth edition, this popular book is by far the most comprehensive and definitive treatment of Spring available.
With Pro Spring, you’ll learn Spring basics and core topics, and share the more » authors’ insights and real–world experiences with remoting, Hibernate, and EJB. Beyond the basics, you'll learn how to leverage the Spring Framework to build the various tiers or parts of an enterprise Java application: transactions, web and presentation tiers, deployment, and much more. A full sample application allows you to apply many of the technologies and techniques covered in this book and see how they work together.
The agile, lightweight, open-source Spring Framework continues to be the de facto leading enterprise Java application development framework for today's Java programmers and developers. It works with other leading open-source, agile, and lightweight Java technologies such as Hibernate, Groovy, MyBatis, and more. Spring now works with Java EE and JPA 2 as well.
After reading this definitive book, you'll be armed with the power of Spring to build complex Spring applications, top to bottom. « less
A Look at What's New
Introducing Java EE 7: A Look at What’s New guides you through the new features and enhancements in each of the technologies comprising the Java EE platform. Readers of this book will not have to wade through introductory material or information covering features that have been part of the EE platform more » for years. Instead, developers can pick this book up and read it to brush up on those features that have changed or have been added for the EE 7 release. This handy reference helps you move forward from Java EE 6 to the new EE 7 platform quickly and easily.
Java is a mature programming language that has been refined over the years into a productive language widely used in enterprise application development. Although the language contains frameworks and methodologies that have been used for years, it is important to make use of the most current features available in the language in order to achieve the best results. Introducing Java EE 7: A Look at What’s New covers the solutions using the most current Java Enterprise technologies, including EJB 3.2, JSF 2.2, and JAX-RS 2.0. Build a streamlined and reliable application that uses the latest in Java technologies, and develop it much faster than you did with the older technologies. Rejuvenate your Java expertise to use the freshest capabilities, or perhaps learn Java Enterprise development for the first time and discover one of the most widely used and most powerful technologies available for application development today. Get up and running quickly with the new features of EE 7!
* Designed to get you up and running quickly with the newly released Java EE 7
* Includes real world examples of how to use new and updated features.
* Demonstrates the latest productivity enhancements in the platform « less
Develop professional applications in Java EE 7 with this essential reference guide
Update your knowledge of the Enterprise Java platform through this user-friendly tutorial that's designed around real-life examples. The pragmatic approach means you'll be up to speed almost effortlessly. For intermediate users upwards.
* Learn about local and remote service endpoints, more » containers, architecture, synchronous and asynchronous invocations, and remote communications in a concise reference
* Understand the architecture of the Java EE platform and then apply the new Java EE 7 enhancements to benefit your own business-critical applications
* Learn about integration test development on Java EE with Arquillian Framework and the Gradle build system
* Learn about containerless builds featuring the GlassFish 4.0 embedded application server
* Master Java EE 7 with this example-based, up-to-date guide with descriptions and explanations
The seventh edition of the Enterprise Java platform is aimed at helping Java engineers take advantage of the advancements in HTML5 and web standards. Web Sockets, asynchronous input and output with Servlets, and strong type safety through the CDI containers will ensure that Java EE 7 remains popular for server-side applications.
If you are a user aiming to get acquainted with the Java EE 7 platform, this book is for you.
"Java EE 7 Handbook" provides a solid foundation of knowledge for developers to build business applications. Following the lead of Agile practices, there is a focus on writing tests to demonstrate test-driven development principles, using the embedded GlassFish 4.0 container examples and the Gradle build system. You will learn about CDI, EJB, JPA, JMS, MDB, Servlets, WebSocket, JAX-RS, Bean Validation, and so much more.
"Java EE 7 Handbook" is designed as a companion to the professional software developer who quickly needs to lookup some working code, understand the basics of the framework, and then go out and fulfill the business contract with the customer. Typically, engineers are under pressure to develop professional code that is of high quality and contains a low number of bugs. Java EE 7 Handbook relies heavily on the Arquillian framework to illustrate how much easier it is to write Java EE tests, and together with the modern practice of writing containerless applications that actually embed an application container, developing agile Java EE suddenly becomes reasonable, smart, pragmatic, and achievable.
What you will learn from this book
* Understand the JSR and the API that are assembled together for Java EE 7
* Write server side and client side WebSocket connection in Java
* Understand the essential differences and similarities between the EJB and CDI containers, as well as dependency injection
* Learn about Gradle builds, embedded containers, and the Arquillian Framework
* Build server side endpoints with EJB in stateless, stateful, and singleton modes
* Write REST server side endpoints on the client and server side
* Write asynchronous Servlet input and output and also annotated Servlet, Context Listeners
* Map entities in Java Persistence with the essential cardinalities including the Java side of many-to-many relationships
* Learn about mapping entities to stored procedures and entity graphs
* Fully understand how to verify your POJO before they hit the database with Bean Validation API
* Be prepared for the Java EE 8 journey and beyond, which may include deployment to the cloud « less
Leverage the power of JBoss EAP6 to successfully build high-availability clusters quickly and efficiently
From the basic uses of JBoss EAP6 through to advanced clustering techniques, this book is the perfect way to learn how to achieve a system designed for high availability. All that's required is some basic knowledge of Linux/Unix.
* A thorough introduction to the new domain mode provided more » by JBoss EAP6
* Use mod_jk and mod_cluster with JBoss EAP6
* Learn how to apply SSL in a clustering environment
High availability is a system design approach and associated service implementation which ensures that a prearranged level of operational performance will be met during a contractual measurement period. High availability is usually a system combined with many different components that achieve different goals. High availability cluster implementations attempt to build redundancy into a cluster to eliminate single points of failure.
JBoss EAP6 High Availability is the perfect guide for learning how to apply the newest technologies provided by JBoss to build your high availability system. With a clear explanation of the design of JBoss EAP6 and its clustering components, this book will help you customize each component to fulfill your specific requirements.
Throughout the course of this book, you will learn how to build high availability clusters using the projects provided by JBoss. The book begins with an introduction to the design of JBoss EAP6 and its uses. The next step will be to explore the two companion open source projects - mod_jk and mod_cluster. In this section, you will get to grips with the concept of load balancing with mod_jk and mod_cluster. You will also learn how to enable SSL in the clustering environment and how to configure session replication between EAP6 servers. Furthermore, the appendix section introduces you to some troubleshooting techniques for Wildfly.
What you will learn from this book
* Understand the basic usages of JBoss EAP6
* Learn about domain management in JBoss EAP6
* Use mod_jk as the load balancer of a JBoss AS cluster
* Deploy mod_cluster as the load balancer of a JBoss AS cluster
* Learn how to apply SSL into a cluster
* Enable session replication in a cluster
* Understand CDI and EJB stateful session bean clustering
* Configure sticky sessions with JK and mod_cluster
An easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of real-world administration tasks.
Who this book is written for
JBoss EAP6 High Availability is ideal for those who want to learn how to use JBoss EAP6 to set up a cluster. Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix is required. « less
Installation, configuration and deployment
JBoss in Action is the first book to focus on teaching readers in detail how to use the JBoss application server. Unlike other titles about JBoss, the authors of JBoss in Action go deeper into the advanced features and configuration of the server. In particular, it focuses on enterprise-class topics, more » such as high availability, security, and performance.
This book walks readers through the JBoss 5 Application Server from installation to configuration to production development. It shows how to configure the server's various component containers such as the JBoss Web Server, the EJB 3 server, and JBoss Messaging. It also provides detailed insight into configuring the various component services such as security, performance, and clustering. Beyond coverage of the core application server, the book also teaches how to use some of the "hot" technologies that run on top of the application server, such as Jboss Seam and JBoss Portal.
The authors, both seasoned professional experts at developing and administering JBoss, provide meaningful explanations and background on many topics which they tie in with their own practical, real-world advice from their collective experience. These uniquely comprehensive explanations and the wide coverage provided in this book surpass any other content currently available in any other book, article, or documentation on the subject. « less
Java Persistence API
EJB 3.0 sets a precedent. It has made huge advances in ease of development, and its drastically simplified programming model has been widely acclaimed.
Mike Keith, EJB 3.0 co-specification lead, and Merrick Schinariol, reviewer of EJB 3.0, offer unparalleled insight and expertise on the EJB 3.0 persistence more » specification, in this definitive guide to EJB 3.0 persistence technology. Expect full coverage and examination of the EJB 3.0 spec from these expert authors, including:
* The EntityManager API
* The new features of EJB Query Language (EJB QL)
* Basic and advanced object-relational mapping
* Advanced topics like concurrency, locking, inheritance, and polymorphism
Assuming a basic knowledge of Java, SQL, JDBC, and some J2EE experience, Keith and Schinariol will teach you EJB 3.0 persistence from the ground up. After reading it, you will have an in-depth understanding of the EJB 3.0 persistence API and how to use it in your applications. « less
Using XML, EJB, CORBA, Servlets and SOAP
This unique book provides an overview of all four technologies required for building e-commerce applications and demonstrates how they combine with each other to best effect.
* A single running example (an electronic retail application) demonstrates how the techniques work in practice
* Coverage more » of Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) and Java Server Pages (JSP)
* Pragmatic and practical approach with very little theory
* The companion Web Site provides all source code used in the book
* Find out about integration issues and discover which technology is best suited for your needs « less
In this book, a team of Sun engineers presents the first start-to-finish guide to enterprise application development with the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE). This book covers every component of J2EE, providing "best practices" principles for building secure, high-performance multi-tier enterprise more » applications, plus a detailed case study showing exactly how to get the job done. The authors begin with an insider's overview of the J2EE platform, and how it can be used. They review each key component, platform, service, and communication technology provided by J2EE; then walk through enterprise development one tier at a time, showing how to leverage J2EE most effectively. The book covers each area: the client tier, Web tier, Enterprise JavaBeans tier, and Enterprise Information System tier, as well as practical techniques for packaging and deployment; extensive coverage of transactions, plus details on the J2EE security model. With the launch of the J2EE Platform, this book is the ideal one-stop resource for IT managers, web providers, EJB developers, database administrators, system administrators and system integrators. « less