Using Continuous Delivery, you can bring software into production more rapidly, with greater reliability. A Practical Guide to Continuous Delivery is a 100% practical guide to building Continuous Delivery pipelines that automate rollouts, improve reproducibility, and dramatically reduce risk.
Eberhard more » Wolff introduces a proven Continuous Delivery technology stack, including Docker, Chef, Vagrant, Jenkins, Graphite, the ELK stack, JBehave, and Gatling. He guides you through applying these technologies throughout build, continuous integration, load testing, acceptance testing, and monitoring. Wolff’s start-to-finish example projects offer the basis for your own experimentation, pilot programs, and full-fledged deployments.
A Practical Guide to Continuous Delivery is for everyone who wants to introduce Continuous Delivery, with or without DevOps. For managers, it introduces core processes, requirements, benefits, and technical consequences. Developers, administrators, and architects will gain essential skills for implementing and managing pipelines, and for integrating Continuous Delivery smoothly into software architectures and IT organizations.
* Understand the problems that Continuous Delivery solves, and how it solves them
* Establish an infrastructure for maximum software automation
* Leverage virtualization and Platform as a Service (PAAS) cloud solutions
* Implement build automation and continuous integration with Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins
* Perform static code reviews with SonarQube and repositories to store build artifacts
* Establish automated GUI and textual acceptance testing with behavior-driven design
* Ensure appropriate performance via capacity testing
* Check new features and problems with exploratory testing
* Minimize risk throughout automated production software rollouts
* Gather and analyze metrics and logs with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), and Graphite
* Manage the introduction of Continuous Delivery into your enterprise
* Architect software to facilitate Continuous Delivery of new capabilities « less
Master the intricacies of Elasticsearch 5 and use it to create flexible and scalable search Solutions
About This Book
Master the searching, indexing, and aggregation features in ElasticSearch Improve users’ search experience with Elasticsearch’s functionalities and develop your own Elasticsearch plugins A comprehensive, step-by-step guide to master the intricacies of ElasticSearch with ease Who This more » Book Is For If you have some prior working experience with Elasticsearch and want to take your knowledge to the next level, this book will be the perfect resource for you.If you are a developer who wants to implement scalable search solutions with Elasticsearch, this book will also help you. Some basic knowledge of the query DSL and data indexing is required to make the best use of this book.
What You Will Learn
* Understand Apache Lucene and Elasticsearch 5’s design and architecture
* Use and configure the new and improved default text scoring mechanism in Apache Lucene 6
* Know how to overcome the pitfalls while handling relational data in Elasticsearch
* Learn about choosing the right queries according to the use cases and master the scripting module including new default scripting language, painlessly
* Explore the right way of scaling production clusters to improve the performance of Elasticsearch
* Master the searching, indexing, and aggregation features in Elasticsearch
* Develop your own Elasticsearch plugins to extend the functionalities of Elasticsearch
Elasticsearch is a modern, fast, distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and open source search and analytics engine. Elasticsearch leverages the capabilities of Apache Lucene, and provides a new level of control over how you can index and search even huge sets of data. This book will give you a brief recap of the basics and also introduce you to the new features of Elasticsearch 5. We will guide you through the intermediate and advanced functionalities of « less
This book teaches you how to install, configure and implement the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – the invaluable tool for anyone deploying a centralized log management solution for servers and apps. Supported by Puppet and available with various plugins, Elastic Stack is the best more » option for your server log management.
You will learn how to use and configure Elastic Stack independently and alongside Puppet. Each chapter includes real-world examples and practical troubleshooting tips, enabling you to get up and running with Elastic Stack in record time. Fully customizable and easy to use, Elastic Stack enables you to be on top of your servers all the time, and resolve problems for your clients as fast as possible. Get started with it using this book today.
What You Will Learn:
* How to install and configure Logstash
* How to use Logstash with Elasticsearch and Kibana
* How to use Logstash with Puppet and Foreman
* How to centralize data processing
Who This Book Is For:
Beginning Elastic Stackis for anyone working on multiple servers who needs to search their logs using a web interface. It is ideal for server administrators who have just started their job and need to look after multiple servers efficiently. « less
* Master the powerful ReQL queries to manipulate your JSON data,
* Learn how to develop scalable, real-time web applications using RethinkDB and Node.js and deploy them for production,
* A detailed, step-by-step guide to help you master the concepts of RethinkDB programming with ease
BOOK more » DESCRIPTION
RethinkDB has a lot of cool things to be excited about: ReQL (its readable,highly-functional syntax), cluster management, primitives for 21st century applications, and change-feeds. This book starts with a brief overview of the RethinkDB architecture and data modeling, and coverage of the advanced ReQL queries to work with JSON documents. Then, you will quickly jump to implementing these concepts in real-world scenarios, by building real-time applications on polling, data synchronization, share market, and the geospatial domain using RethinkDB and Node.js. You will also see how to tweak RethinkDB's capabilities to ensure faster data processing by exploring the sharding and replication techniques in depth.
Then, we will take you through the more advanced administration tasks as well as show you the various deployment techniques using PaaS, Docker, and Compose. By the time you have finished reading this book, you would have taken your knowledge of RethinkDB to the next level, and will be able to use the concepts in RethinkDB to develop efficient, real-time applications with ease.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Master the web-based management console for data-center configuration (sharding, replication, and more), database monitoring, and testing queries.
* Run queries using the ReQL language
* Perform Geospatial queries (such as finding all the documents with locations within 5km of a given point).
* Deal with time series data, especially across various times zones.
* Extending the functionality of RethinkDB and integrate it with third party libraries such as ElasticSearch to enhance our search
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Shahid Shaikh is an engineer, blogger, and author living in Mumbai, India. He is a fulltime professional and a part-time blogger. He loves solving programming problems and he is, expert in software backend design and development.
Shahid has been blogging and teaching programming in practical way for more than two years on his blog. His blog is quite famous in the developer zone and people all around the world take advantage of his expertise in various programming problems related to backend development.
Shahid has also authored a book on Sails.js – MVC framework for Node.js published by Packt.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The RethinkDB Architecture and Data Model
2. RethinkDB Query Language
3. Data Exploration Using RethinkDB
4. Performance Tuning in RethinkDB
5. Administration and Troubleshooting Tasks in RethinkDB
6. RethinkDB Deployment
7. Extending RethinkDB
8. Full Stack Development with RethinkDB
9. Polyglot Persistence Using RethinkDB
10. Using RethinkDB and Horizon « less
With applications for Solr and Elasticsearch
Relevant Search demystifies relevance work. Using Elasticsearch, it teaches you how to return engaging search results to your users, helping you understand and leverage the internals of Lucene-based search engines.
About the Technology
Users are accustomed to and expect instant, relevant more » search results. To achieve this, you must master the search engine. Yet for many developers, relevance ranking is mysterious or confusing.
About the Book
Relevant Search demystifies the subject and shows you that a search engine is a programmable relevance framework. You'll learn how to apply Elasticsearch or Solr to your business's unique ranking problems. The book demonstrates how to program relevance and how to incorporate secondary data sources, taxonomies, text analytics, and personalization. In practice, a relevance framework requires softer skills as well, such as collaborating with stakeholders to discover the right relevance requirements for your business. By the end, you'll be able to achieve a virtuous cycle of provable, measurable relevance improvements over a search product's lifetime.
* Techniques for debugging relevance?
* Applying search engine features to real problems?
* Using the user interface to guide searchers?
* A systematic approach to relevance?
* A business culture focused on improving search
About the Reader
For developers trying to build smarter search with Elasticsearch or Solr.
About the Authors
Doug Turnbull is lead relevance consultant at OpenSource Connections, where he frequently speaks and blogs. John Berryman is a data engineer at Eventbrite, where he specializes in recommendations and search.
Foreword author, Trey Grainger, is a director of engineering at CareerBuilder and author of Solr in Action.
Table of Contents
1. The search relevance problem
2. Search under the hood
3. Debugging your first relevance problem
4. Taming tokens
5. Basic multifield search
6. Term-centric search
7. Shaping the relevance function
8. Providing relevance feedback
9. Designing a relevance-focused search application
10. The relevance-centered enterprise
11. Semantic and personalized search « less
Design and implement a series of Flume agents to send streamed data into Hadoop
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Construct a series of Flume agents using the Apache Flume service to efficiently collect, aggregate, and move large amounts of event data
* Configure failover paths and load balancing to remove single points of failure
* Use this step-by-step guide to stream logs from application more » servers to Hadoop's HDFS
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a Hadoop programmer who wants to learn about Flume to be able to move datasets into Hadoop in a timely and replicable manner, then this book is ideal for you. No prior knowledge about Apache Flume is necessary, but a basic knowledge of Hadoop and the Hadoop File System (HDFS) is assumed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand the Flume architecture, and also how to download and install open source Flume from Apache
* Follow along a detailed example of transporting weblogs in Near Real Time (NRT) to Kibana/Elasticsearch and archival in HDFS
* Learn tips and tricks for transporting logs and data in your production environment
* Understand and configure the Hadoop File System (HDFS) Sink
* Use a morphline-backed Sink to feed data into Solr
* Create redundant data flows using sink groups
* Configure and use various sources to ingest data
* Inspect data records and move them between multiple destinations based on payload content
* Transform data en-route to Hadoop and monitor your data flows
Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available service used to efficiently collect, aggregate, and move large amounts of log data. It is used to stream logs from application servers to HDFS for ad hoc analysis.
This book starts with an architectural overview of Flume and its logical components. It explores channels, sinks, and sink processors, followed by sources and channels. By the end of this book, you will be fully equipped to construct a series of Flume agents to dynamically transport your stream data and logs from your systems into Hadoop.
A step-by-step book that guides you through the architecture and components of Flume covering different approaches, which are then pulled together as a real-world, end-to-end use case, gradually going from the simplest to the most advanced features. « less
Over 130 advanced recipes to search, analyze, deploy, manage, and monitor data effectively with ElasticSearch
This book will guide you through the complete ElasticSearch ecosystem. From choosing the correct transport layer and communicating with the server to creating and customizing internal actions, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of the ElasticSearch architecture.
After creating more » complex queries and analytics, mapping, aggregation, and scripting, you will master the integration of ElasticSearch's functionality in user-facing applications and take your knowledge one-step further by building custom plugins, developing tailored mapping, executing powerful analytics, and integrating with Python and Java applications. « less
A distributed real-time search and analytics engine
Whether you need full-text search or real-time analytics of structured data - or both - the Elasticsearch distributed search engine is an ideal way to put your data to work. This practical guide not only shows you how to search, analyze, and explore data with Elasticsearch, but also helps you deal with more » the complexities of human language, geolocation, and relationships.
If you're a newcomer to both search and distributed systems, you'll quickly learn how to integrate Elasticsearch into your application. More experienced users will pick up lots of advanced techniques. Throughout the book, you'll follow a problem-based approach to learn why, when, and how to use Elasticsearch features. « less
Further your knowledge of the Elasticsearch server by learning more about its internals, querying, and data handling
Elasticsearch is a modern, fast, distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and open source search and analytics engine. Elasticsearch leverages the capabilities of Apache Lucene, providing a new level of control over how you can index and search even huge sets of data.
This book covers intermediate and more » advanced functionalities of Elasticsearch and walks you through its internals including caches, the Apache Lucene library, and its monitoring capabilities. You'll learn about practical usage of Elasticsearch configuration parameters and how to use the monitoring API.
With this book, you'll delve into Elasticsearch's query rewrite, query template, bulk operation, document grouping, and function score queries. You will also learn how to improve user search experience, index distribution, segment statistics, and merging. By the end of the book, you will be able to enhance Elasticsearch's performance and create your own Elasticsearch plugins. « less
A practical guide to building fast, scalable, and flexible search solutions with clear and easy-to-understand examples
This book begins by introducing the most commonly used Elasticsearch server functionalities, from creating your own index structure, through querying, faceting, and aggregations, and ends with cluster monitoring and problem diagnosis. As you progress through the book, you will cover topics such as starting more » Elasticsearch, creating a new index, and designing its proper structure. After that, you'll read about the query API that Elasticsearch exposes, as well as about filtering capabilities, aggregations, and faceting. Last but not least, you will get to know how to find similar documents by using similar functionalities and how to implement application alerts by using the prospective search functionality called percolator. Some advanced topics such as shard allocation control, gateway configuration, and how to use the discovery module will also be discussed. This book will also show you the possibilities of cluster state and health monitoring as well as how to use third-party tools. « less