* Develop all the relevant skills for building text-mining apps with R with this easy-to-follow guide
* Gain in-depth understanding of the text mining process with lucid implementation in the R language
* Example-rich guide that lets you gain high-quality information from text data
BOOK more » DESCRIPTION
Text Mining (or text data mining or text analytics) is the process of extracting useful and high-quality information from text by devising patterns and trends. R provides an extensive ecosystem to mine text through its many frameworks and packages.
Starting with basic information about the statistics concepts used in text mining, this book will teach you how to access, cleanse, and process text using the R language and will equip you with the tools and the associated knowledge about different tagging, chunking, and entailment approaches and their usage in natural language processing. Moving on, this book will teach you different dimensionality reduction techniques and their implementation in R. Next, we will cover pattern recognition in text data utilizing classification mechanisms, perform entity recognition, and develop an ontology learning framework.
By the end of the book, you will develop a practical application from the concepts learned, and will understand how text mining can be leveraged to analyze the massively available data on social media.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get acquainted with some of the highly efficient R packages such as OpenNLP and RWeka to perform various steps in the text mining process
* Access and manipulate data from different sources such as JSON and HTTP
* Process text using regular expressions
* Get to know the different approaches of tagging texts, such as POS tagging, to get started with text analysis
* Explore different dimensionality reduction techniques, such as Principal Component Analysis (PCA), and understand its implementation in R
* Discover the underlying themes or topics that are present in an unstructured collection of documents, using common topic models such as Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA)
* Build a baseline sentence completing application
* Perform entity extraction and named entity recognition using R
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ashish Kumar is an IIM alumnus and an engineer at heart. He has extensive experience in data science, machine learning, and natural language processing having worked at organizations, such as McAfee-Intel, an ambitious data science startup Volt consulting), and presently associated to the software and research lab of a leading MNC. Apart from work, Ashish also participates in data science competitions at Kaggle in his spare time.
Avinash Paul is a programming language enthusiast, loves exploring open sources technologies and programmer by choice. He has over nine years of programming experience. He has worked in Sabre Holdings , McAfee , Mindtree and has experience in data-driven product development, He was intrigued by data science and data mining while developing niche product in education space for a ambitious data science start-up. He believes data science can solve lot of societal challenges. In his spare time he loves to read technical books and teach underprivileged children back home.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Statistical Linguistics with R
2. Processing Text
3. Categorizing and Tagging Text
4. Dimensionality Reduction
5. Text Summarization and Clustering
6. Text Classification
7. Entity Recognition « less
Building an application in four sprints
Working through the authors' carefully designed sprints, you'll start with a blank canvas, move through software architecture and design, adjusting to user feedback, recovering from mistakes, builds, testing, deployment, maintenance, refactoring, and more. Along the way, you'll learn techniques for delivering state-of-the-art software to users more rapidly and repeatably than ever before. « less
* Leverage your existing ASP.NET knowledge to develop dynamic and responsive SPAs
* Learn effective design patterns for sustainable, and scalable web development
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Get to know with industry-wide best practices and design patterns that provide maintainability and scalability
* Build an ASP.NET application using Angular 2 with TypeScript and Web API
* Explore WinJS and see how to use mobile capabilities from web applications
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ovais Mehboob Ahmed Khan is a seasoned programmer and solution architect with more than 13 years of software development experience. He has worked in different organizations across Pakistan, the USA, and the Middle East. Currently, he is working for a government entity based in Dubai, and also provides consultancy services to a Microsoft gold partner firm based in New Jersey.
He is a Microsoft MVP in Visual Studio and Development Technologies and specializes mainly in Microsoft .NET and web development. He has authored numerous technical articles on different websites such as MSDN, TechNet, DZone, and personal blog at http://ovaismehboob.wordpress.com.
He is an active speaker and group leader of Microsoft Developers UAE Meetup, Microsoft Technology Practices, and Developers and Enterprise Practices user groups, and has presented various technical sessions in different events and conferences.
In short, Ovais is a passionate developer who is always interested in learning new technologies. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter, @ovaismehboob.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
3. Using jQuery in ASP.NET
4. Ajax Techniques
5. Developing an ASP.NET Application Using Angular 2 and Web API
6. Exploring the WinJS Library
8. Node.js for ASP.NET Developers
This core C# book has been a favorite of developers ever since the 1st edition came out in 2004. So you can be sure that this 6th edition will deliver the professional skills you’re looking for.
It’s a self-paced book that shows how to use Visual Studio 2015, C# 6.0, and the .NET 4.6 classes to develop more » Windows Forms applications…whether you’re new to programming or not. It’s an object-oriented book that shows how to use business classes, inheritance, and interfaces the way they’re used in the real world. It’s a data programming book that shows how to create professional database applications using data sources, ADO.NET code, and the Entity Framework, as well as how to use LINQ to query data structures, from collections to arrays to datasets.
When you’re done, you’ll be able to develop 3-tiered, object-oriented Windows Forms applications the way the best professionals do. And you’ll have the core C# and Visual Studio skills that you need to develop any C# application…whether for Windows, the web, or mobile devices. « less
This book is for .NET developers who are developing data-driven applications using ADO.NET or other data access technologies. This book is going to give you everything you need to effectively develop and manage data-driven applications using Entity Framework.
Design and build various enterprise solutions using NServiceBus while utilizing persistence enterprise objects
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to utilize the robust features of NServiceBus to create, develop, and architect C# enterprise systems
* Customize NServiceBus to use persistent components to meet your business needs
* Explore the vast opportunities to extend NServiceBus for uses beyond basic enterprise more » systems using this practical tutorial
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for developers, designers, and architects alike who wish to build C# NServiceBus enterprise architectures and learn how ESB persists data and messages to help them attain their goals. No prior knowledge of persistence in NServiceBus is required.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Create and customize messages to be used in various enterprise architectures using ESB designs
* Use various tools for monitoring and sending notifications for NServiceBus using persistence
* Generate examples to cover the various uses of NServiceBus using persistence for recurring business requirements
* Design NServiceBus solutions for various uses
* Understand the different components of NServiceBus and its configurations
* Build enterprise systems with NServiceBus with minimal effort
* Extend the use of ESBs for future use
Starting with the basics, this book will provide you with all the skills you need to successfully design, develop, and architect C# enterprise systems with ESBs. From the beginning itself, this book will cover how ESB persists data and messages, how to create different enterprise scenarios, and how to design and customize different areas of NServiceBus. You will be taken through IBus characteristics followed by Persistent and NServiceBus Saga architectures. You will get to know about the basics of persistence and the supporting frameworks for persistence, followed by SQL queuing and database logging.
This will be followed by an in-depth look at the Saga architecture, which will cover the mechanics, message mapping, and internal configuration, as well as tips on how to avoid certain common errors. You will get to know how ESBs provide an enhanced quality of software through the use of security, logging, monitoring, notification, and persisting objects and messages. You will also become acquainted with persistent entity snippets and labs, and will gain an insight into workflows as well. « less
Create and deploy complete solutions with WCF and Entity Framework
This book will teach you all the essentials to develop WCF services using Entity Framework as the backend. You will be guided right through the creation of six WCF and Entity Framework solutions.
You will start off by creating, implementing, and hosting a basic HelloWorld WCF Service followed by deploying more » the service and publishing it to IIS. Next, you will learn how to create and test a layered service, and then enhance it further by adding a data access layer and exception handling. Next, you will be introduced to LINQ. Starting with the basics, you will then dive into the advanced concepts and features of LINQ to Entities, including Entity Framework, deferred execution, querying a view, and mapping a procedure. Finally, you will get to grips with the RESTful WCF services and security. « less
Entity Framework 6 Recipes provides an exhaustive collection of ready-to-use code solutions for Entity Framework, Microsoft's model-centric, data-access platform for the .NET Framework and ASP.NET development. With this book, you will learn the core concepts of Entity Framework through a broad range more » of clear and concise solutions to everyday data access tasks. Armed with this experience, you will be ready to dive deep into Entity Framework, experiment with new approaches, and develop ways to solve even the most difficult data access challenges. If you are a developer who likes to learn by example, then this is the right book for you.
* Gives ready-to-use, real-world recipes to help you with everyday tasks
* Places strong focus on DbContext and the Code First approach
* Covers new features such as Asynch Query and Save, Codebased Configuration, Connection Resiliency, Dependency Resolution, and much more « less
Beginning C# Object-Oriented Programming brings you into the modern world of development as you master the fundamentals of programming with C# and learn to develop efficient, reusable, elegant code through the object-oriented programming (OOP) methodology. Take your skills out of the 20th century and more » into this one with Dan Clark's accessible, quick-paced guide to C# and object-oriented programming, completely updated for .NET 4.0 and C# 4.0.
As you develop techniques and best practices for coding in C#, one of the world's most popular contemporary languages, you'll experience modeling a “real world” application through a case study, allowing you to see how both C# and OOP (a methodology you can use with any number of languages) come together to make your code reusable, modern, and efficient.
With more than 30 fully hands-on activities, you'll discover how to transform a simple model of an application into a fully-functional C# project, including designing the user interface, implementing the business logic, and integrating with a relational database for data storage. Along the way, you will explore the .NET Framework, the creation of a Windows-based user interface, a web-based user interface, and service-oriented programming, all using Microsoft's industry-leading Visual Studio 2010, C#, Silverlight, the Entity Framework, and more. « less
Database Modeling and Design focuses on techniques for database design in relational database systems. The book discusses the entity-relationship approach and the unified modeling language approach; both are used throughout the book when it refers to logical database design for the specification of data more » requirements and conceptual modeling.
The book starts with a description of the life cycle of databases, and it goes on to discuss the entity-relationship model and unified modeling languages. It demonstrates how data modeling concepts are used in the process of database design. The book covers database normalization, including information about equivalence on the function of the entity-relationship and unified modeling language conceptual models, and the relational model of the Boyce Codd normal form.
The book explores the difference between object-oriented database systems and relational database systems. It includes a description on handling the impedance mismatch problem by the extensions made to relational systems. Web technologies, including an overview and specific database design issues on XML, are also covered in this book. Lastly, IBMs Rational Data Architect, Computer Associates AllFusion ERwin Data Modeler, and Sysbases PowerDesigner are discussed, and their uses for handling complex data modeling problems are demonstrated.
This book will serve as a guide for both novice and experienced professional database practitioners. * In-depth detail and plenty of real-world, practical examples throughout
* Loaded with design rules and illustrative case studies that are applicable to any SQL, UML, or XML-based system
* Immediately useful to anyone tasked with the creation of data models for the integration of large-scale enterprise data. « less