Leverage frontend development skills to build impressive iOS and Android applications with React Native
* Apply flexbox to get layout and build rich animations that bring your React Native application to life
* Integrate third-party libraries and develop customized components that run natively on iOS and Android platforms
* Combine React Native with Redux, Redux middleware, and a remote more » API to build scalable data-driven applications
This book will provide you with all the React Native building blocks necessary to become an expert. We'll give you a brief explanation of the numerous native components and APIs that come bundled with React Native including Images, Views, ListViews, WebViews, and much more. You will learn to utilize form inputs in React Native. You'll get an overview of Facebook's Flux data architecture and then apply Redux to manage data with a remote API. You will also learn to animate different parts of your application, as well as routing using React Native's navigation APIs.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build cutting-edge applications using the React Native framework.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Implement native React Native components and APIs
* Explore React's JSX syntax
* Manage data using Redux and Redux middleware
* Build applications with React Native on both iOS and Android platforms
* Perform animations in your applications using the animation APIs
* Understand routing and Navigator comparison
* Create your own Native module
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Eric Masiello is a lead software engineer for Vistaprint Digital. Formerly, Eric worked as a principal frontend engineer for the Advisory Board Company and built mobile apps for the Education Advisory Board. Eric has worked primarily as a frontend/UI developer for over 10 years and freelances as a website designer/developer at http://www.synbydesign.com. He has taught frontend topics at General Assembly in Washington, D.C. and was a technical reviewer for Mastering ReactJS, a video by Packt Publishing.
You can follow him here:
You can follow him here:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Building a Foundation in React
2. Saying HelloWorld in React Native
3. Styling and Layout in React Native
4. Starting our Project with React Native Components
5. Flux and Redux
6. Integrating with the NYT API and Redux
7. Navigation and Advanced APIs
8. Animation and Gestures in React Native
9. Refactoring for Android
10. Using and Writing Native Modules
11. Preparing for Production
12. React Native Tools and Resources « less
This book teaches anyone how to use their new Windows computer. You will learn and understand how you can perform a wide range of tasks, including managing files, browsing the internet, and protecting yourself, as well as interacting with Cortana.
Using Absolute Beginners Guide to Computing you will more » learn how to use Windows, and how you can connect and communicate with others. You will learn the basics of browsing the web, how to send email, and sign up for services. You will learn about some of the social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. You will also learn how to connect and use external hardware, and process digital music, photos, and video.
Written by an author who has written multiple computing titles, this book is friendly and approachable, and can teach anyone how to use a computer. With simple steps, easy troubleshooting, and online resources, it's the best place to learn how to make computing a part of your life.
What You’ll Learn:
How to get pictures onto your computer to share. How to listen to digital music. What clubs, groups, and other resources there are to help. « less
Create Facebook and Skype Chatbots using Microsoft Visual Studio and C#
The Microsoft Bot Framework allows you to easily create bots. This book covers using Visual Studio 2015 to create Chatbots using the Microsoft Bot Framework.
The purpose of this book is to demonstrate, provide examples of, and to explain important concepts of the technology. You can create bots that more » interact with your users naturally wherever they are, including Facebook, text, Skype, Office 365 email, and other popular services.
Chapter 1: Understanding the Microsoft Bot Framework
Chapter 2: Create a Hello World! Bot
Chapter 3: Using FormFlow
Chapter 4: Using Dialogs
Chapter 5: Using Images, Cards, Carousels, and Buttons
Chapter 6: Implementing A SQL Server Database With Your Bot
Chapter 7: Implementing Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS)
Chapter 8: Calling The Microsoft Bot Framework Using The Direct Line API
Chapter 9: Using Application Insights To Monitor Your Bot
Chapter 10: Creating a Skype Bot
Chapter 11: Creating A Facebook Messenger Bot « less
Practical Facebook marketing strategies, tactics, and techniques
This new edition of Facebook Marketing For Dummies arms novice to expert marketers with everything they need to plan, refine, execute, and maintain a successful Facebook marketing campaign. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and more » techniques of Facebook marketing, you'll find hands-on guidance to create and administer your Page Timeline, understand the psychology of the Facebook user, build your fan base, utilize events, contests, and polls to promote your Page, increase your brand awareness, integrate your Facebook marketing campaign with other marketing strategies, and monitor, measure, and adjust your Facebook marketing campaigns.
Written by a leading expert on helping others use Facebook and other social media tools to promote and enhance their brands, this practical guide gets you up and running on Facebook marketing—fast. In plain English, it walks you through all the latest features, including new designs for the News Feed, Timeline, and Pages, as well as major changes to the Facebook advertising platform.
* Includes real-world case studies that illustrate how successful Facebook marketing really works
* Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques in Facebook marketing
* Shows marketers how to use Facebook to reach and engage their target audience
* Provides step-by-step instructions on how to organize, optimize, and manage your Facebook advertising campaigns
If you're a marketer looking to develop or refine a social media marketing plan that includes significant Facebook presence, Facebook Marketing For Dummies is your go-to guide. « less
2014 release, covers iMovie 10.0 for Mac and 2.0 for iOS
This edition covers iMovie 10.0 for Mac and iMovie 2.0 for iOS.
iMovie's sophisticated tools make it easier than ever to turn raw footage into sleek, entertaining movies—once you understand how to harness its features. Experts David Pogue and Aaron Miller give you hands-on advice and step-by-step more » instructions for creating polished movies on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Dive in and discover why this is the top-selling iMovie book.
The important stuff you need to know
Get started. Import footage, review clips, and create movies, using iMovie’s new, streamlined layout.Include stunning effects. Introduce instant replays, freeze frames, fast-forward or slo-mo clips, and fade-outs.Add pro touches. Create cutaways, picture-in-picture boxes, side-by-side shots, and green-screen effects.Make movies on iOS devices. Tackle projects on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with our book-within-a-book.Produce stunning trailers. Craft your own Hollywood-style “Coming Attractions!” previews.Share your masterpiece. Quickly post movies to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, CNN iReport, and iTunes.Watch iMovie Theater. Play your movies on any Apple gadget in iMovie’s new full-screen cinema. « less
2014 release, covers iPhoto 9.5 for Mac and 2.0 for iOS 7
This new edition covers iPhoto 9.5 for Mac and iPhoto 2.0 for iOS 7. (iPhoto is not available in iOS 8.)
Whether you’re on a Mac or iOS 7 device, iPhoto now makes it easier than ever to organize, edit, publish, print, and share your photos—but neither version of the program offers a manual to help more » you get going. Fortunately, David Pogue and Lesa Snider offer a clear and objective guide to iPhoto in this witty, authoritative book.
The important stuff you need to know
Organize your collection. Group your pictures by events, albums, people, or places.Sharpen your editing skills. Use all of iPhoto’s editing options, whether you’re on a Mac or on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch running iOS 7.Dive into new features. Learn about the enhanced mapping system, new slideshow themes, and streamlined printing.Compare your photos. View multiple shots side by side to determine which is best.Share your shots online. Post photos on iCloud or Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and other social sites.Keep web journals. Create snazzy, customizable online scrapbook pages.Create projects. Have fun building slideshows, gift books, calendars, and cards. « less
Manage and enhance your social media marketing with HootSuite
* Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
* Presents you with an insight into your organization’s social assets
* Packed with useful tips to automate your social media sharing and tracking
* Analyze social media traffic and generate more » reports using HootSuite
Social media enables people to interact, share content, collaborate, and participate in user generated content. There are websites and applications dedicated to social networking, bookmarking, microblogging, and social curation; generating a lot of information in a very engaging manner. If it is not done correctly, then it can present real problems for a brand or company’s image and reputation.
Instant Social Media Marketing with HootSuite is a practical guide that provides marketers with explanatory, step-by-step exercises to search, comment, track, and analyse conversations over the Web about their topics of interest or brands.
This fast-paced guide on the HootSuite social marketing tool breaks down the confusion that surrounds learning and managing social profiles. It will provide you with a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you understand and benefit from regular reporting.
You will also learn about posting, replying, scheduling, and managing various social media profiles directly from HootSuite. Step-by-step instructions will show you how to check user profiles, conversations, create and assign tasks to teams, and generate reports using HootSuite Analytics.
If you have multiple social profiles such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others, and want to simplify your life by managing all of them from same the tool and generate reports, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
* Create a HootSuite account and learn its sign up process
* Understand the HootSuite Dashboard
* Add and manage multiple social media profiles
* Employ the App directory and integrate your apps within HootSuite
* Access Twitter accounts and automate tweets from HootSuite
* Exploit HootSuite to post on social networks and increase engagement
* Enhance RSS feeds by checking user profiles and conversations
* Form teams and assign tasks to team members
* Generate reports using HootSuite Analytics
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A step-by-step, short and fast-paced tutorial, packed with powerful recipes that will teach you how to enhance your social networks with HootSuite.
Who this book is written for
If you are a marketer who is new to social media marketing and are looking to manage and track multiple social media profiles such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, then this book is ideal for you. Familiarity with social media networks and tools are expected. « less
An App-Driven Approach
The professional programmer’s Deitel® guide to Android™ smartphone and tablet app development and the Eclipse IDE with the Android Development Tools (ADT) plug-in
Billions of apps have been downloaded from Android Market! This book gives you everything you’ll need to start developing great Android more » apps quickly and getting them published on Android Market. The book uses an app-driven approach—each new technology is discussed in the context of 16 fully tested Android apps, complete with syntax coloring, code walkthroughs and sample outputs. Apps you’ll develop include:
* SpotOn Game
* Flag Quiz
* Route Tracker
* Favorite Twitter® Searches
* Address Book
* Tip Calculator
* Weather Viewer
* Cannon Game
* Voice Recorder
* Pizza Ordering
Practical, example-rich coverage of:
* Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Android Development Tools (ADT) Plug-In for Eclipse
* Activities, Intents, Content Providers
* GUI Components, Menus, Toasts, Resource Files, Touch and Gesture Processing
* Tablet Apps, ActionBar and AppWidgets
* Tweened Animations, Property Animations
* Camera, Audio, Video, Graphics, OpenGL ES
* Gallery and Media Library Access
* SharedPreferences, Serialization, SQLite
* Handlers and Multithreading, Games
* Google Maps, GPS, Location Services, Sensors
* Internet-Enabled Apps, Web Services, Telephony, Bluetooth®
* Speech Synthesis and Recognition
* Android Market, Pricing, Monetization
* And more…
PLUS: Register your product at www.informit.com/register for additional online chapters that cover Android Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4), including a complete, working Ice Cream Sandwich app!
* For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® Series instructor-led programming language training courses offered at customer sites worldwide visit www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
* Download code examples
* Check out the growing list of programming Resource Centers
* Join the Deitel Twitter (@deitel) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/DeitelFan) communities
* To receive updates for this book, subscribe to the free Deitel ® Buzz Online e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html « less
Over 90 recipes to create your own exciting Facebook applications at an incredibly fast pace with Facebook Graph API book and ebook
With a user base of nearly 800 million people, Facebook is the number one social networking platform. Applications can be created to interact with this huge user base in various ways both inside and outside Facebook. These applications, if developed effectively and efficiently, offer a free medium more » for promotion and publicity of a product or an organization.
Facebook Application Development with Graph API Cookbook covers both the concepts and implementations necessary to develop Facebook applications and provides ready to use code for common scenarios faced by a developer while creating these applications. It incorporates the newly launched Facebook Graph API and also presents the reader with some intuitive ready to use applications.
This book guides the reader step by step, from start to finish, through various stages of Facebook application development. It begins by exploring the Facebook application registration and discussing the verification and authentication technique. It then takes you through the various ways in which you can use Facebook Graph API for interacting with users such as posting on a user’s wall, tagging a user in a picture, etc. Accessing complex Facebook user data by formulating a series of queries, doing client side scripting and incorporating Facebook Dialog interface are some other features that have been incorporated in this book. Integration of various Facebook Social Plugins such as the like box in your web page has also been discussed. Further you will get to know the concept of virtual currency and how to programmatically derive Facebook analytics data. As the book progresses, you will learn to use and integrate many more advanced features in Facebook application development. The book contains ready to use code that can be deployed instantly. Towards the end, the book houses a variety of ready to use Facebook applications so as to help readers derive their own applications from them. « less
The Ultimate Guide to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn Resources
This is the first quick-access resource to the best of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn - a collection of more than 3000 up-to-the-minute listings organised into the 15 information categories users care most about.