A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the IINS 210-260 Certification Exam
31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam offers you an engaging and practical way to understand the certification process, commit to taking the CCNA Security IINS 210-260 certification exam, and finish your preparation using a variety of Primary and Supplemental study resources.
The IINS 210-260 exam more » tests your knowledge of secure network infrastructure, core security concepts, secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web/email content security, and endpoint security. It also tests your skills for installing, troubleshooting, and monitoring secure networks to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
Sign up for the IINS 210-260 exam and use the book’s day-by-day guide and checklist to organize, prepare, and review. Each day in this guide breaks down an exam topic into a manageable bit of information to review using short summaries. A Study Resources section provides you with a quick reference for locating more in-depth treatment of a day’s topics within the Primary and Supplemental resources.
The features of the book empower you to fit exam preparation into a busy schedule:
· A visual calendar summarizing each day’s study topic
· A checklist providing advice for preparation activities leading up to the exam
· A description of the CCNA Security IINS 210-260 exam organization and sign-up process
· Strategies from the author to be mentally, organizationally, and physically prepared for exam day
· A conversational tone, which makes your study time more enjoyable
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-566-8
CCNA Security Course Booklet Version 2 ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-351-0
CCNA Security Lab Manual Version 2 ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-350-3
CCNA Security 210-260 Complete Video Course ISBN-13: 978-0-13-449931-4
CCNA Security Portable Command Guide, Second Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-575-0
Cisco ASA: All-in-One Next-Generation Firewall, IPS, and VPN Services, Third Edition ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-307-6
Covers: CCNA Security « less
Learn to set up the latest CentOS Linux network services including DNS, DHCP, SSH and VNC, Web, FTP, Mail, Firewall, and LDAP, enabling you to provide these services on your own network. CentOS continues to be a popular Linux distribution choice, and setting up your own services is a key skill for anyone more » maintaining a CentOS network.
You will learn how to install CentOS, and manage basic administration. You’ll then move onto understanding networking, and how to set up your required services. Each chapter is written in an easy-to-digest format and teaches you how set up, manage, and troubleshoot each service. You’ll be running your own network in no time at all.
What You Will Learn
* Install and set up the latest version of CentOS
* Configure and manage a wide range of network services
* Solve problems remotely and manage your network efficiently
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who wants to learn how to set up and manage CentOS Linux network services. Some previous Linux experience is beneficial, but this book is designed to be used by beginners. « less
Configure, manage, and secure a CentOS 7 Linux server to serve a variety of services provided in a sustainable computer's infrastructure.
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Learn how to efficiently set up and manage a Linux server using one of the best suited technologies for this purpose, CentOS 7
* Personalize your Linux server and familiarize yourself with the latest tools and utilities setup provided by the new CentOS distribution
* Follow a step-by-step more » tutorial through the configuration of the requested services with the capacity to personalize them as per your needs
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
If you are a Linux system administrator with an intermediate administration level, this is your opportunity to master the brand new distribution of CentOS. If you wish to possess a fully sustainable Linux server, with all its new tools and tweaks, that serves a variety of services to your users and customers, this book is ideal for you. It is your ticket to easily adapt to all the changes made in the latest shift.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Manage CentOS 7 users, groups, and root access privileges
* Enhance the server's security through its firewall and prevent the most common attacks from penetrating or disabling the server
* Explore and implement the common, useful services that a CentOS 7 server can provide
* Monitor your server infrastructure for system or hardware issues
* Create and configure a virtual machine using virtualization technologies
* Implement a cloud computing solution on a single node system
* Get an introduction to the configuration management tools and their usage
* Discover the importance of the tools that provide remote connection, server service security, and system and process monitoring tools
Most server infrastructures are equipped with at least one Linux server that provides many essential services, both for a user's demands and for the infrastructure itself. Setting up a sustainable Linux server is one of the most demanding tasks for a system administrator to perform. However, learning multiple, new technologies to meet all of their needs is time-consuming. CentOS 7 is the brand new version of the CentOS Linux system under the RPM (Red Hat) family. It is one of the most widely-used operating systems, being the choice of many organizations across the world.
With the help of this book, you will explore the best practices and administration tools of CentOS 7 Linux server along with implementing some of the most common Linux services. We start by explaining the initial steps you need to carry out after installing CentOS 7 by briefly explaining the concepts related to users, groups, and right management, along with some basic system security measures. Next, you will be introduced to the most commonly used services and shown in detail how to implement and deploy them so they can be used by internal or external users. Soon enough, you will be shown how to monitor the server. We will then move on to master the virtualization and cloud computing techniques. Finally, the book wraps up by explaining configuration management and some security tweaks.
All these topics and more are covered in this comprehensive guide, which briefly demonstrates the latest changes to all of the services and tools with the recent shift from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7.
STYLE AND APPROACH
This is a detailed and in-depth guide to help you administrate CentOS 7 for the usage of your server's infrastructure and also for personal network security. Each section shows a list of tools and utilities that are useful to perform the required task, in an easy to understand manner. « less
A Business User's Approach
Providing essential information for business managers, computer programmers, system designers, as well as home computer users, DATABASE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS, 8e provides a thorough introduction that includes coverage of the language of computer networks as well as the effects of data more » communications on business and society. Balancing technical concepts with everyday issues, it equips you with a solid understanding of the basic features, operations, and limitations of different types of computer networks. It offers full coverage of wireless technologies, industry convergence, compression techniques, network security, LAN technologies, VoIP, and error detection and correction. The Eighth Edition also offers up-to-the-minute coverage of near field communications, updated USB interface, lightning interface, and IEEE 802.11 ac and ad wireless standards, firewall updates, router security problems, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, zero-client workstations, and Internet domain names. « less
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is a handy guide to implementing IPv6 in a Microsoft Windows environment. This is the book you need if you are a Microsoft Windows Administrator confronted with IPv6 and in need of a quick resource to get up and going. The book covers the current state of IPv6 more » and its support in Microsoft Windows. It provides best-practices and other guidance toward successful implementation.
This book is especially written with the goal of translating your current expertise in IPv4 into the new realm of IPv6. Special attention is given to dual-stack configurations, helping you to run IPv4 and IPv6 side-by-side and support both protocol versions during a transition period.
Practical IPv6 for Windows Administrators is also a fast reference you can look at to get something done quickly. It covers IPv6 addressing, management of IPv6 from Powershell, Advanced Firewall configuration, and use of IPv6 in Hyper-V and virtual networking environments. You'll find practical examples showing how IPv6 integrates with all the standard tools you use for IPv4 today, tools like DNS and DHCP. You'll also find insider knowledge on IPv6 that can help avert stumbling points on the road to deployment.
* Provides a quick path from IPv4 expertise to IPv6 implementation
* Gives best-practices specific to Windows on IPv6 and dual stack networks
* Is chock full of practical examples showing how to manage IPv6 on Windows « less
Battling Hackers and Protecting Users
Defending your web applications against hackers and attackers
The top-selling book Web Application Hacker's Handbook showed how attackers and hackers identify and attack vulnerable live web applications. This new Web Application Defender's Cookbook is the perfect counterpoint to that book: it shows more » you how to defend. Authored by a highly credentialed defensive security expert, this new book details defensive security methods and can be used as courseware for training network security personnel, web server administrators, and security consultants.
Each "recipe" shows you a way to detect and defend against malicious behavior and provides working code examples for the ModSecurity web application firewall module. Topics include identifying vulnerabilities, setting hacker traps, defending different access points, enforcing application flows, and much more.
* Provides practical tactics for detecting web attacks and malicious behavior and defending against them
* Written by a preeminent authority on web application firewall technology and web application defense tactics
* Offers a series of "recipes" that include working code examples for the open-source ModSecurity web application firewall module
Find the tools, techniques, and expert information you need to detect and respond to web application attacks with Web Application Defender's Cookbook: Battling Hackers and Protecting Users. « less
Master All the Techniques You Need to Succeed with Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Set up key Internet servers, step by step, including Samba, Apache, sendmail, DNS, FTP, and other Internet servers
* Automate and streamline administration with this edition’s outstanding new chapter on Perl more » scripting
* Master GUI-based admin tools and the powerful Linux command line (CLI)
In this book, one of the world’s leading Linux experts brings together all the knowledge you’ll need to succeed with Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux in any real-world environment. Best-selling author Mark Sobell explains Linux clearly and effectively, focusing on skills you’ll actually use as an administrator, user, or programmer.
Sobell assumes no prior Linux knowledge. He starts at the beginning and walks you through every topic and task that matters, using easy-to-understand examples. Step by step, you’ll learn how to install and configure Linux from the accompanying DVD, navigate its graphical user interfaces, provide file/print sharing and Internet services, make sure Linux desktops and networks are as secure as possible, work with the powerful command line, administer Linux efficiently, and even automate administration with Perl scripts.
Mark Sobell has taught hundreds of thousands of Linux and UNIX professionals. He knows every Linux nook and cranny–and he never forgets what it’s like to be new to Linux. Whatever you’ll want to do with Linux–now or in the future–this book gives you everything you’ll need.
Compared with the other Linux books out there, A Practical Guide to Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, Fifth Edition, delivers
* Complete, up-to-the-minute coverage of Fedora 12 and RHEL 5
* Deeper coverage of the command line and the newest GUIs, including desktop customization
* More practical coverage of file sharing using Samba, NFS, and FTP
* More and better coverage of automating administration with Perl
* More usable, realistic coverage of Internet server configuration, including Apache, sendmail, NFS, DNS/BIND, and LDAP
* More state-of-the-art security techniques, including SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux), ACLs (Access Control Lists), firewall setup using both the Red Hat GUI and iptables, and a full chapter on OpenSSH
* More and better coverage of system/network administration tasks, including new coverage of network monitoring with Cacti
* Complete instructions on keeping Linux systems up-to-date using yum
* And much more, including a 500+ term glossary and a comprehensive index
Includes DVD! Get the full version of the Fedora 12 release! « less
OpenBSD's stateful packet filter, PF, offers an amazing feature set and support across the major BSD platforms. Like most firewall software though, unlocking PF's full potential takes a good teacher.Peter N.M. Hansteen's PF website and conference tutorials have helped thousands of users build the networks more » they need using PF. The Book of PF is the product of Hansteen's knowledge and experience, teaching good practices as well as bare facts and software options. Throughout the book, Hansteen emphasizes the importance of staying in control by having a written network specification, using macros to make rule sets more readable, and performing rigid testing when loading in new rules.
Today's system administrators face increasing challenges in the quest for network quality, and The Book of PF can help by demystifying the tools of modern *BSD network defense. But, perhaps more importantly, because we know you like to tinker, The Book of PF tackles a broad range of topics that will stimulate your mind and pad your resume, including how to:
* Create rule sets for all kinds of network traffic, whether it is crossing a simple home LAN, hiding behind NAT, traversing DMZs, or spanning bridges
* Use PF to create a wireless access point, and lock it down tight with authpf and special access restrictions
* Maximize availability by using redirection rules for load balancing and CARP for failover
* Use tables for proactive defense against would-be attackers and spammers
* Set up queues and traffic shaping with ALTQ, so your network stays responsive
* Master your logs with monitoring and visualization, because you can never be too paranoid
The Book of PF is written for BSD enthusiasts and network admins at any level of expertise. With more and more services placing high demands on bandwidth and increasing hostility coming from the Internet at-large, you can never be too skilled with PF. « less
How TCP/IP Works in a Modern Network
In 1994, W. Richard Stevens and Addison-Wesley published a networking classic: TCP/IP Illustrated. The model for that book was a brilliant, unfettered approach to networking concepts that has proven itself over time to be popular with readers of beginning to intermediate networking knowledge. The Illustrated more » Network takes this time-honored approach and modernizes it by creating not only a much larger and more complicated network, but also by incorporating all the networking advancements that have taken place since the mid-1990s, which are many.
This book takes the popular Stevens approach and modernizes it, employing 2008 equipment, operating systems, and router vendors. It presents an ?illustrated? explanation of how TCP/IP works with consistent examples from a real, working network configuration that includes servers, routers, and workstations. Diagnostic traces allow the reader to follow the discussion with unprecedented clarity and precision. True to the title of the book, there are 330+ diagrams and screen shots, as well as topology diagrams and a unique repeating chapter opening diagram. Illustrations are also used as end-of-chapter questions. A complete and modern network was assembled to write this book, with all the material coming from real objects connected and running on the network, not assumptions. Presents a real world networking scenario the way the reader sees them in a device-agnostic world. Doesn't preach one platform or the other.
Here are ten key differences between the two:
Older operating systems (AIX,svr4,etc.) Newer OSs (XP, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.)
Two routers (Cisco, Telebit (obsolete)) Two routers (M-series, J-series)
Slow Ethernet and SLIP link Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and SONET/SDH links (modern)
Tcpdump for traces Newer, better utility to capture traces (Ethereal, now has
a new name!)
No IPSec IPSec
No multicast Multicast
No router security discussed Firewall routers detailed
No Web Full Web browser HTML consideration
No IPv6 IPv6 overview
Few configuration details More configuration details (ie, SSH, SSL, MPLS, ATM/FR consideration, wireless LANS, OSPF and BGP routing protocols * New Modern Approach to Popular Topic Adopts the popular Stevens approach and modernizes it, giving the reader insights into the most up-to-date network equipment, operating systems, and router vendors.
* Shows and Tells Presents an illustrated explanation of how TCP/IP works with consistent examples from a real, working network configuration that includes servers, routers, and workstations, allowing the reader to follow the discussion with unprecedented clarity and precision.
* Over 330 Illustrations True to the title, there are 330 diagrams, screen shots, topology diagrams, and a unique repeating chapter opening diagram to reinforce concepts
* Based on Actual Networks A complete and modern network was assembled to write this book, with all the material coming from real objects connected and running on the network, bringing the real world, not theory, into sharp focus. « less
What an amazing world we live in! Almost anything you can imagine can be researched, compared, admired, studied, and in many cases, bought, with the click of a mouse. The Internet has changed our lives, putting a world of opportunity before us. Unfortunately, it has also put a world of opportunity into more » the hands of those whose motives are less than honorable. A firewall, a piece of software or hardware that erects a barrier between your computer and those who might like to invade it, is one solution.
If you’ve been using the Internet for any length of time, you’ve probably received some unsavory and unsolicited e-mail. If you run a business, you may be worried about the security of your data and your customers’ privacy. At home, you want to protect your personal information from identity thieves and other shady characters. Firewalls For Dummies® will give you the lowdown on firewalls, then guide you through choosing, installing, and configuring one for your personal or bus iness network.
Firewalls For Dummies® helps you understand what firewalls are, how they operate on different types of networks, what they can and can’t do, and how to pick a good one (it’s easier than identifying that perfect melon in the supermarket.)
You’ll find out about
* Developing security policies
* Establishing rules for simple protocols
* Detecting and responding to system intrusions
* Setting up firewalls for SOHO or personal use
* Creating demilitarized zones
* Using Windows or Linux as a firewall
* Configuring ZoneAlarm, BlackICE, and Norton personal firewalls
* Installing and using ISA server and FireWall-1
With the handy tips and hints this book provides, you’ll find that firewalls are nothing to fear – that is, unless you’re a cyber-crook! You’ll soon be able to keep your data safer, protect your family’s privacy, and probably sleep better, too. « less