Build data-driven React applications with ease using GraphQL and Relay
* Take your React applications to the next level with GraphQl and Relay
* Explore the concepts of data fetching, data handling, and more
* Learn to deploy your applications, which are compliant with GraphQl and Relay
There’s a new choice for implementing APIs more » – the open source and Facebook-created GraphQL specification. Designed to solve many of the issues of working with REST, GraphQL comes alongside RelayJS, a React library for querying a server that implements the GraphQL specification. This book takes you quickly and simply through the skills you need to be able to build production ready applications with both GraphQL and RelayJS.
Beginning with a solid foundation in the GraphQl specification, this book swiftly moves to how a data layer can be implemented for your web application using Relay. Get to grips with GraphQL and Relay concepts creating data containers, data masking, and more as your progress towards building a production-ready application.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand what problem GraphQL solves and how it differs from traditional REST architectures
* Create a GraphQL server
* Develop modular and maintainable GraphQL code
* Grasp how to define GraphQL mutations
* Comprehend how to define GraphQL queries
* Modify a GraphQL server to be Relay-compliant
* Develop a Relay client-side application with ReactJS that consumes a GraphQL endpoint
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Samer Buna is a technical content author, software engineer, and mentor. He has a master's degree in information security and over ten years of progressive experience and success creating tailored solutions for businesses within many industries.
Samer has authored a few books and online courses about React and GraphQL. You can follow him on Twitter at @samerbuna, and you can read more of what he writes at https://edgecoders.com/.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. An Introduction to GraphQL and Relay
2. The Query Language
3. The GraphQL Schema
4. Configuring React Applications to Use Relay
5. Making GraphQL Queries Relay-Compliant
6. Relay Variables and Object Identification
7. Relay Mutations
8. Deploying to the Cloud « less