* Learn to write responsive code that can be deployed on any device.
* Become a well-rounded developer and be able to understand the entire development cycle.
* Learn to utilize free open source and cloud services to deploy production-grade code.
Unearth the potential of Bootstrap 4 to create highly responsive and beautiful websites using modern web techniques
* This book shows how to take advantage of the all new features introduced in Bootstrap
* Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
* Find out how to extend the capabilities of Bootstrap with a huge range of tools and plugins, including jQuery,
Bootstrap, the most popular front-end framework built to design elegant, powerful, and responsive interfaces for professional-level web pages has undergone a major overhaul. Bootstrap 4 introduces a wide range of new features that make front-end web design even simpler and exciting.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Fire up Bootstrap and set up the required build tools to get started
* See how and when to use Flexbox with the Bootstrap layouts
* Find out how to make your websites responsive, keeping in mind Mobile First design
* Work with content such as tables and figures
* Play around with the huge variety of components that Bootstrap offers
* Use Sass to customize your existing themes
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matt Lambert is a designer and developer with more than 16 years of experience. He currently works full-time as a senior product designer for CA Technologies in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
In his free time, he is an author, artist, and musician. In 2005, Matt founded Cardeo Creative, which is a small web design studio based in Vancouver. He works with a select list of clients on a part-time basis while producing his own products on the side.
To date, Matt has self-published three additional development books titled: Mastering Bootstrap, CSS3 Handbook, and the Freelance Startup Guide. He is also the author of Bootstrap Site Blueprints Volume II, Packt Publishing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introducing Bootstrap 4
2. Using Bootstrap Build Tools
3. Jumping into Flexbox
4. Working with Layouts
5. Working with Content
6. Playing with Components
8. Throwing in Some Sass
9. Migrating from Version 3 « less
New in this edition:
Automating setup with the Grunt task runner
Using CoffeeScript classes with the Backbone framework
Using CoffeeScript's simple callback syntax to interact with the Express framework
A new chapter on client-side and server-side testing with Intern
* A new project that gives you hands-on experience with browser-side and server-side CoffeeScript
MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.JS
This book explores the more » MEAN stack in detail. We will begin by covering Node.js, as it will lay the groundwork for all of our server-side work. You will learn how to get Node running on your local machine as well as download modules using npm. The key aspects of the Node.js programming model will also be covered.
From there, we will move on to MongoDB, where you'll learn how to interact with Mongo from a Node application. You will also learn how to create, retrieve, update, and delete data from a Mongo store.
After you have a solid grasp on Node and Mongo, the book will move on to the Express web server. We'll cover the basics of Express applications via topics like routes and middleware. Building on previous chapters, we will cover the integration of Node, Mongo, and Express.
Our coverage of the MEAN stack will wrap up with several chapters on AngularJS. These chapters will cover Angular fundamentals like data binding, directives, controllers, routing, and services. In an effort to explore competing technologies, a slight introduction to Ember.js will also be provided.
Over 80 hands-on recipes for streamlining development, management, and deployment with Grunt
***** About This Book *****
* Describes how to implement automation solutions for common web application development tasks
* Explores configuration variations that are available to the plugins used in each recipe
* A practical guide with clear and concise instructions to build entire web applications more » easily using Grunt.js
***** Who This Book Is For *****
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Automate CSS generation
* Manage asynchronous work inside a task
* Automate HTML and CSS template compilation
* Manage entire web applications using Grunt
* Automate various levels of testing
* Build and publish custom tasks and plugins
* Automate CoffeeScript and LiveScript code compilation
***** In Detail *****
Grunt Cookbook offers a host of easy-to-follow recipes for automating repetitive tasks in your web application's development, management, and deployment processes. This book will introduce you to methods that can be used to automate basic processes and your favorite tools. By following the recipes, you will soon be comfortable using Grunt to perform a wide array of advanced tasks in a range of different scenarios. « less
Start using Grunt.js to improve your workflows by using Pro Grunt.js today. « less
A hands-on approach to mastering the fundamentals of Grunt
In recent times, modern web browsers have become the application platform of choice. Grunt, along with its wide range of plugins, provides a simple way of managing the large number of build tasks required to maintain a sophisticated web application.
Master this powerful build automation tool to streamline your application development
Grunt.js continues to excel as the build automation tool of choice. Along with its support for many third-party technologies, Grunt is packaged with a clean API for defining tasks. This powerful tool can streamline your workflow by automating the preparation tasks for production, such as compression, more » compilation, obfuscation, testing, and even pushing your web application live. This book will teach you how to master build automation and testing with Grunt. You will have the opportunity to utilize the latest and in-demand web tools, such as Git, Jade, CoffeeScript, Sass, and the Mocha testing engine, across several exciting projects by combining Grunt with them. You will also learn to create a project - a simple Bulletin Board System (BBS), which will explain the use of Grunt alongside the Mocha testing library to automate testing throughout the build process.
Mastering Grunt will demonstrate how to leverage Grunt with other technologies to become an expert in build automation, teaching you the best practices for modern web development along the way. « less
Develop stunning web and desktop applications with the definitive Node.js
Starting with an overview of the most popular programming paradigms, more » you will venture out on a journey to the depths of Node.js, utilizing its capabilities to conceptualize and develop applications using AngularJS, Socket.IO, Backbone.js, Ember.js, and Grunt.
Packed with real-world examples and trade secrets gained from years of experience in the web development domain,
What you will learn from this book
* Explore design patterns in Node.js
* Build solid architectures by following test-driven development
* Look beyond web applications and create your own desktop app with Node.js
* Develop single page applications using Node.js with AngularJS, Ember.js, and Backbone.js
* Master the Express framework and build a complete site with a real database
* Create a real-time and fully functional online chat application with Socket.IO
* Utilize the enormous range of Grunt and Gulp plugins
A straightforward, practical guide containing step-by-step tutorials that will push your Node.js programming skills to the next level.
Who this book is written for