Wireless Security Secrets & Solutions
Learn to exploit weaknesses in wireless network environments using the innovative techniques in this thoroughly updated guide. Inside, you’ll find concise technical overviews, the latest attack methods, and ready-to-deploy countermeasures. Find out how to leverage wireless eavesdropping, break encryption more » systems, deliver remote exploits, and manipulate 802.11 clients, and learn how attackers impersonate cellular networks. Hacking Exposed Wireless, Third Edition features expert coverage of ever-expanding threats that affect leading-edge technologies, including Bluetooth Low Energy, Software Defined Radio (SDR), ZigBee, and Z-Wave.
* Assemble a wireless attack toolkit and master the hacker’s weapons
* Effectively scan and enumerate WiFi networks and client devices
* Leverage advanced wireless attack tools, including Wifite, Scapy, Pyrit, Metasploit, KillerBee, and the Aircrack-ng suite
* Develop and launch client-side attacks using Ettercap and the WiFi Pineapple
* Hack cellular networks with Airprobe, Kraken, Pytacle, and YateBTS
* Exploit holes in WPA and WPA2 personal and enterprise security schemes
* Leverage rogue hotspots to deliver remote access software through fraudulent software updates
* Eavesdrop on Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy traffic
* Capture and evaluate proprietary wireless technology with Software Defined Radio tools
* Explore vulnerabilities in ZigBee and Z-Wave-connected smart homes and offices
* Attack remote wireless networks using compromised Windows systems and built-in tools « less
Linux Command Line Essentials
What Linux is and How It Works
How to Make the Most of Linux Command Line
What hacking is
The truth about hacking
What can hacking give you and the dangers that comes with it
The two sides of hacking good vs bad
The foundation needed to enter into the hacking lifestyle more »
Hacking essentials you have to know And Much, much more! « less
Scan, exploit, and crack wireless networks by using the most advanced techniques from security professionals
Penetration testing is a tool for testing computer systems, networks, or web applications to find vulnerabilities that an attacker could exploit. By performing a penetration test, you can proactively identify which vulnerabilities are most critical. This allows your organization to more intelligently more » prioritize remediation and apply necessary security patches to ensure that they are available.
This book covers how to set up Kali Linux, scan and sniff wireless networks, and crack WEP, WPA, and even WPA2 encryption. By the end of this book, you will feel much more confident when it comes to conducting wireless penetration tests, and you will have a full understanding of wireless security threats.
This book is full of hands-on demonstrations and how-to tutorials. This will benefit you, as the reader, when it comes to security awareness. Having some knowledge of wireless penetration testing would be helpful. « less
***** Target Audience *****
* This book is not for professional hackers. Instead, this book is made for beginners who have programming experience and are interested in hacking. Here, hacking techniques that can be easily understood have been described. If you only have a home PC, you can test all the more » examples provided here. I have included many figures that are intuitively understandable rather than a litany of explanations. Therefore, it is possible to gain some practical experience while hacking, since I have only used examples that can actually be implemented. This book is therefore necessary for ordinary people who have a curiosity of hackers and are interested in computers.
***** Organization of the Book *****
* This book is made up of five major parts, from basic knowledge to actual hacking code. A beginner is naturally expected to become a hacker while reading this book.
* Briefly introduce the basic Python syntax that is necessary for hacking.
* Application Hacking
* Introduce the basic skills to hack an application, such as Keyboard hooking, API hooking and image file hacking.
* Web Hacking
* The Virtual Box test environment configuration is used for a Web Shell attack to introduce web hacking, which is currently an important issue. The techniques include SQL Injection, Password Cracking, and a Web Shell Attack.
* Network Hacking
* A variety of tools and the Python language can be combined to support network hacking and to introduce the network hacking technique. Briefly, we introduce NMap with the Wireshark tool, and hacking techniques such as Port Scanning, Packet Sniffing, TCP SYN Flood, Slowris Attack are introduced.
* System Hacking
o System hacking is difficult to understand for beginners, and in this section, figures are used to introduce difficult concepts. The hacking techniques that are introduced include a Backdoor, Registry Handling, Stack Based Buffer Overflow, and SEH Based Buffer Overflow.
While reading this book, it is possible to obtain answers for such problems one by one. After reading the last chapter, you will gain the confidence to be a hacker.
***** Features of this book *****
* When you start to study hacking, the most difficult task is to configure the test environment. There are many problems that need to be addressed, such as choosing from the variety in operating systems, obtaining expensive equipment and using complex technology. Such problems are too difficult to take in at once, so this book overcomes this difficulty by implementing a simple idea.
First, systems will be described as Windows-based. We are very familiar with Windows, so it is very easy to understand a description based on Windows. Since Windows, Linux, Unix, and Android are all operating systems, it is possible to expand the concepts that are discussed here.
Second, we use a virtual machine called Virtual Box. For hacking, it is necessary to connect at least three or more computers on a network. Since it is a significant investment to buy a few computers only to study these techniques, a virtual machine can be used instead to easily implement a honeypot necessary to hack by creating multiple virtual machines on a single PC.
Finally, abstract concepts are explained using figures. Rather than simply using words for descriptions, graphics are very effective in transferring information. An abstract concept can materialize through the use of graphics in order to improve the understanding on the part of the reader. « less
Employ the power of Python to get the best out of pentesting
This book is a practical guide that shows you the advantages of using Python for pentesting with the help of detailed code examples.
We start by exploring the basics of networking with Python and then proceed to network hacking. Next, we delve into hacking the application layer where we start with more » gathering information from a website. We then move on to concepts related to website hacking such as parameter tampering, DDoS, XSS, and SQL injection.
By reading this book, you will learn different techniques and methodologies that will familiarize you with the art of pentesting as well as creating automated programs to find the admin console, SQL injection, and XSS attack. « less
A WhiteHat Perspective
In late 2013, approximately 40 million customer debit and credit cards were leaked in a data breach at Target. This catastrophic event, deemed one of the biggest data breaches ever, clearly showed that many companies need to significantly improve their information security strategies. Web Security: A more » White Hat Perspectivepresents a comprehensive guide to web security technology and explains how companies can build a highly effective and sustainable security system.
In this book, web security expert Wu Hanqing reveals how hackers work and explains why companies of different scale require different security methodologies. With in-depth analysis of the reasons behind the choices, the book covers client script security, server applications security, and Internet company security operations. It also includes coverage of browser security, cross sites script attacks, click jacking, HTML5/PHP security, injection attacks, authentication, session management, access control, web frame security, DDOS, leaks, Internet transactions security, and the security development lifecycle. « less
Build intricate virtual architecture to practice any penetration testing technique virtually
A penetration test, also known as pentest, is a method of assessing computer and network security by replicating an attack on a computer system or network from the outside world and internal threats. With the increase of advanced hackers and threats to our virtual world, pentesting is an absolute necessity.
Building more » Virtual Pentesting Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you how to build your own labs and give you a proven process to test these labs; a process that is currently used in industry by global pentesting teams. You will also learn a systematic approach to professional security testing, building routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills.
What you will learn from this book
* Build routers, firewalls, and web servers to hone your pentesting skills
* Deploy and then find the weaknesses in a firewall architecture
* Construct a layered architecture and perform a systematic process and methodology to use for conducting an external test
* Get introduced to several of the different security testing methodologies
* Design monitored environments and evade them
* Create complex architecture
* Bypass antivirus and other protection
* Practice methods of evasion against today's top defenses
* Leverage the client configuration
Written in an easy-to-follow approach using hands-on examples, this book helps you create virtual environments for advanced penetration testing, enabling you to build a multi-layered architecture to include firewalls, IDS/IPS, web application firewalls, and endpoint protection, which is essential in the penetration testing world.
Who this book is written for
If you are a penetration tester, security consultant, security test engineer, or analyst who wants to practice and perfect penetration testing skills by building virtual pentesting labs in varying industry scenarios, this is the book for you. This book is ideal if you want to build and enhance your existing pentesting methods and skills. Basic knowledge of network security features is expected along with web application testing experience. « less
Just as a professional athlete doesn’t show up without a solid game plan, ethical hackers, IT professionals, and security researchers should not be unprepared, either. The Hacker Playbook provides them their own game plans. Written by a longtime security professional and CEO of Secure Planet, LLC, this more » step-by-step guide to the “game” of penetration hacking features hands-on examples and helpful advice from the top of the field.
Through a series of football-style “plays,” this straightforward guide gets to the root of many of the roadblocks people may face while penetration testing—including attacking different types of networks, pivoting through security controls, and evading antivirus software.
From “Pregame” research to “The Drive” and “The Lateral Pass,” the practical plays listed can be read in order or referenced as needed. Either way, the valuable advice within will put you in the mindset of a penetration tester of a Fortune 500 company, regardless of your career or level of experience.
Whether you’re downing energy drinks while desperately looking for an exploit, or preparing for an exciting new job in IT security, this guide is an essential part of any ethical hacker’s library—so there’s no reason not to get in the game. « less
Bringing the Attack to Your Network
With the advent of rich Internet applications, the explosion of social media, and the increased use of powerful cloud computing infrastructures, a new generation of attackers has added cunning new techniques to its arsenal. For anyone involved in defending an application or a network of systems, Hacking: more » The Next Generation is one of the few books to identify a variety of emerging attack vectors.
You'll not only find valuable information on new hacks that attempt to exploit technical flaws, you'll also learn how attackers take advantage of individuals via social networking sites, and abuse vulnerabilities in wireless technologies and cloud infrastructures. Written by seasoned Internet security professionals, this book helps you understand the motives and psychology of hackers behind these attacks, enabling you to better prepare and defend against them.
* Learn how "inside out" techniques can poke holes into protected networks
* Understand the new wave of "blended threats" that take advantage of multiple application vulnerabilities to steal corporate data
* Recognize weaknesses in today's powerful cloud infrastructures and how they can be exploited
* Prevent attacks against the mobile workforce and their devices containing valuable data
* Be aware of attacks via social networking sites to obtain confidential information from executives and their assistants
* Get case studies that show how several layers of vulnerabilities can be used to compromise multinational corporations « less
Mapping the Cyber Underworld
You may have heard about "cyber warfare" in the news, but do you really know what it is? This book provides fascinating and disturbing details on how nations, groups, and individuals throughout the world are using the Internet as an attack platform to gain military, political, and economic advantages more » over their adversaries. You'll learn how sophisticated hackers working on behalf of states or organized crime patiently play a high-stakes game that could target anyone, regardless of affiliation or nationality.
Inside Cyber Warfare goes beyond the headlines of attention-grabbing DDoS attacks and takes a deep look inside multiple cyber-conflicts that occurred from 2002 through summer 2009.
* Learn how cyber attacks are waged in open conflicts, including recent hostilities between Russia and Georgia, and Israel and Palestine
* Discover why Twitter, Facebook, LiveJournal, Vkontakte, and other sites on the social web are mined by the intelligence services of many nations
* Read about China's commitment to penetrate the networks of its technologically superior adversaries as a matter of national survival
* Find out why many attacks originate from servers in the United States, and who's responsible
* Learn how hackers are "weaponizing" malware to attack vulnerabilities at the application level « less