* Create powerful, end-to-end applications for Blockchain using Ethereum
* Write your first program using the Solidity programming language
* Change the way you think and design your applications by using the all new database-Blockchain
Blockchain is a decentralized more » ledger that maintains a continuously growing list of data records that are secured from tampering and revision. Every user is allowed to connect to the network, send new transactions to it, verify transactions, and create new blocks, making it permission-less.
This book will teach you what Blockchain is, how it maintains data integrity, and how to create real-world Blockchain projects using Ethereum. With interesting real-world projects, you will learn how to write smart contracts which run exactly as programmed without any chance of fraud, censorship, or third-party interference, and build end-to-end applications for Blockchain.
You will learn about concepts such as cryptography in cryptocurrencies, ether security, mining , smart contracts, solidity, and more. You will also learn about web sockets, various API services for Ethereum, and much more.
The blockchain is the main technical innovation of bitcoin, where it serves as the public ledger for bitcoin transactions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Walk through the basics of the Blockchain technology
* Implement Blockchain's technology and its features, and see what can be achieved using them
* Build DApps using Solidity and Web3.js
* Understand the geth command and cryptography
* Create Ethereum wallets
* Explore consortium blockchain
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Narayan Prusty is currently working at a Blockchain company (Attores). Attores platform is an Ethereum product.
Narayan writes Smart Contracts and also build the front end using Web3.js. He has been working on Ethereum for last 6 months.
You can connect with him on LinkedIn at https://in.linkedin.com/in/narayanprusty. You can tweet him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/narayanprusty. Or you can check out his company s website, http://qnimate.com/.
* Updated for JIRA 7, this book covers all the new features introduced in JIRA 7 with a dedicated chapter on JIRA Service Desk—one of the biggest new add-ons to JIRA
* This book lays a strong foundation to work with agile projects in JIRA from both the administrator and end user's perspective
* more » Work through step-by-step exercises at the end of each chapter for you to try out and reinforce your skills
Atlassian JIRA is an enterprise-issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of the organization, ranging from building Atlassian application interfaces to providing a platform for add-ons to extend JIRA's capabilities.
JIRA 7 Essentials, now in its fourth edition, provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major components of JIRA 7, which includes JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and JIRA Service Works.
The book starts by explaining how to plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use before moving on to the more key features such as e-mails, workflows, business processes, and so on. Then you will understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA.
Issues being the corner stone of using JIRA, you will gain a deep understanding of issues and their purpose. Then you will be introduced to fields and how to use custom fields for more effective data collections. You will then learn to create new screens from scratch and customize it to suit your needs. The book then covers workflows and business processes, and you will also be able to set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails. Towards the end, we explain JIRA's security model and introduce you to one of JIRA’s new add-ons: JIRA Service Desk, which allows you to run JIRA as a computer support portal.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Understand JIRA's data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in JIRA
* Plan and set up a new JIRA 7 instance from scratch for production use
* Using JIRA for agile software projects, business process management, customer service support, and more
* Understand issues and work with them
* Design both system and custom fields to behave differently under different contexts
* Create and design your own screens and apply them to different project and issue types
* Gain an understanding of the workflow and its various components
* Set up both incoming and outgoing mail servers to work with e-mails
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Patrick Li is the cofounder of AppFusions and now works as a senior engineer there. AppFusions is one of the leading Atlassian experts, specializing in integration solutions with many enterprise applications and platforms, including IBM Connections, Jive, Google Apps, Box, SugarCRM, and more. He has worked in the Atlassian ecosystem for over 9 years, developing products and solutions for the Atlassian platform and providing expert consulting services.
He has authored numerous books and video courses covering JIRA 4 to 7, including JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk. He has extensive experience in designing and deploying Atlassian solutions from the ground up and customizing existing deployments for clients across verticals such as healthcare, software engineering, financial services, and government agencies.
You can check out his LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickliangli or visit his company website at https://www.appfusions.com/display/Dashboard/Bringing+it+together%2C+NOW.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Getting Started with JIRA
2. Using JIRA for Business Projects
3. Using JIRA for Agile Projects
4. Issue Management
5. Field Management
6. Screen Management
7. Workflow and Business Process
8. E-mails and Notifications
9. Securing JIRA
10. Searching, Reporting, and Analysis
11. JIRA Service Desk « less
* Insightful coverage of Go programming syntax, constructs, and idioms to help you understand Go code effectively
* Push your Go skills, with topics such as, data types, channels, concurrency, object-oriented Go, testing, and network programming
* Each chapter provides working code samples more » that are designed to help reader quickly understand respective topic
The Go programming language has firmly established itself as a favorite for building complex and scalable system applications. Go offers a direct and practical approach to programming that let programmers write correct and predictable code using concurrency idioms and a full-featured standard library.
This is a step-by-step, practical guide full of real world examples to help you get started with Go in no time at all. We start off by understanding the fundamentals of Go, followed by a detailed description of the Go data types, program structures and Maps. After this, you learn how to use Go concurrency idioms to avoid pitfalls and create programs that are exact in expected behavior. Next, you will be familiarized with the tools and libraries that are available in Go for writing and exercising tests, benchmarking, and code coverage.
Finally, you will be able to utilize some of the most important features of GO such as, Network Programming and OS integration to build efficient applications. All the concepts are explained in a crisp and concise manner and by the end of this book; you would be able to create highly efficient programs that you can deploy over cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Install and configure the Go development environment to quickly get started with your first program.
* Use the basic elements of the language including source code structure, variables, constants, and control flow primitives to quickly get started with Go
* Gain practical insight into the use of Go's type system including basic and composite types such as maps, slices, and structs.
* Use interface types and techniques such as embedding to create idiomatic object-oriented programs in Go.
* Develop effective functions that are encapsulated in well-organized package structures with support for error handling and panic recovery.
* Implement goroutine, channels, and other concurrency primitives to write highly-concurrent and safe Go code
* Write tested and benchmarked code using Go’s built test tools
* Access OS resources by calling C libraries and interact with program environment at runtime
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. A First Step in Go
2. Go Language Essentials
3. Go Control Flow
4. Data Types
5. Functions in Go
6. Go Packages and Programs
7. Composite Types
8. Methods, Interfaces, and Objects
10. Data IO in Go
11. Writing Networked Services
12. Code Testing « less
Principles and Practice
William Stallings' Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice, 5e is a practical survey of cryptography and network security with unmatched support for instructors and students.
In this age of universal electronic connectivity, viruses and hackers, electronic eavesdropping, and electronic more » fraud, security is paramount. This text provides a practical survey of both the principles and practice of cryptography and network security. First, the basic issues to be addressed by a network security capability are explored through a tutorial and survey of cryptography and network security technology. Then, the practice of network security is explored via practical applications that have been implemented and are in use today. An unparalleled support package for instructors and students ensures a successful teaching and learning experience.
The new edition has been updated to include coverage of the latest topics including expanded coverage of block cipher modes of operation, including authenticated encryption; revised and expanded coverage of AES; expanded coverage of pseudorandom number generation; new coverage of federated identity, HTTPS, Secure Shell (SSH) and wireless network security; completely rewritten and updated coverage of IPsec; and a new chapter on legal and ethical issues. « less