Cross-Platform Apps with Ionic 2, Angular 2, and Cordova
Looking to build cross platform mobile applications? This hands-on guide provides a basic introduction and overview to the Ionic Framework, including some new services on the platform. You’ll learn a balanced approach to the mix of technologies—such as AngularJS, SASS, and Apache Cordova—that the Ionic more » Framework leverages. Through the course of this book, you’ll be able to complete several production ready applications. It's ideal for beginning, intermediate, and advanced web developers. « less
* Leverage Ionic 2 and its exciting new features to create cutting edge real-time apps
* Work through simple recipes to address your problems directly and solve them effectively
* Get examples at each step to guide you on your learning curve
Developing real-time apps more » is the need of the hour, and apps that deal with humongous amounts of user data and real-time information that needs to be updated frequently are in high demand. Currently, one of the most popular frameworks for this task is Ionic Framework, which is undergoing a major makeover.
This book will get you started with Ionic and help you create Angular 2 components that interact with templates. From there, you'll work with Ionic components and find out how to share data efficiently between them. You'll discover how to make the best use of the REST API to handle back-end services and then move on to animating the application to make it look pretty.
You'll learn to add in a local push notification in order to test the app. You'll work with Cordova to support native functionalities on both iOS and Android. From there, you'll get to grips with using the default themes for each platform as well as customizing your own. Finally, you'll see how best to deploy your app to different platforms.
This book will solve all your Ionic-related issues through dedicated recipes that will help you get the best out of Ionic.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Create custom UIs using Angular 2 directives
* Make the best use of REST APIs to submit forms
* Create beautiful animations and graphics in the application
* Embed videos and other media into the app
* Access native device functionalities such as a camera and maps using ngCordova
* Theme the application based on the various platform styles available
* Publish your application to a variety of platforms
* Leverage Angular 2 events and Ionic-specific events to communicate
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He has worked for both start-ups and large companies. By frequently speaking at local meetups as well as cloud computing/big data industry events and conferences, he learns from other experts. He holds an MBA degree from the University of Washington's Michael G. Foster School of Business.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Creating Our First App with Ionic 2
2. Adding Ionic 2 Components
3. Extending Ionic 2 with Angular 2 Building Blocks
4. Validating Forms and Making HTTP Requests
5. Adding Animation
6. User Authentication and Push Notification Using Ionic Cloud
7. Supporting Device Functionalities Using Ionic Native
8. Theming the App
9. Publishing the App for Different Platforms « less
Hybrid Mobile Apps with Ionic and AngularJS
Ionic in Action teaches web developers how to build cross-platform mobile apps for phones and tablets on iOS and Android. You'll learn how to extend your web development skills to build apps that are indistinguishable from native iOS or Android projects.
About the Book
Ionic in Action teaches web developers how to build mobile apps using Ionic and AngularJS. Through carefully explained examples, the book shows you how to create apps that use UI components designed for mobile, leverage current location, integrate with native device features like the camera, use touch gestures, and integrate with external data sources. Learn to test your apps to improve stability and catch errors as you develop. Finally, you'll discover the command-line utility, and how to build and deploy to app stores.
* Design complex interfaces with Ionic's UI controls
* Build once and deploy for both iOS and Android
* Use native device hardware and device-specific features
* Covers the entire mobile development process
About the Reader
About the Author
Jeremy Wilken is a senior UX software developer who works with Ionic, AngularJS, and Node.js. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Ionic and hybrid apps
2. Setting up your computer to build apps
3. What you need to know about AngularJS
4. Ionic navigation and core components
5. Tabs, advanced lists, and form components
6. Weather app, using side menus, modals, action sheets, and ionScroll
7. Advanced techniques for professional apps
8. Using Cordova plugins
9. Previewing, debugging, and automated testing
10. Building and publishing apps « less