*Updated to the Angular 2.4.3 released in January 2017.
After reading this book, you are going to be able to:-
- Build an Angular 2 application from scratch using TypeScript and the Angular command line interface.
- Write code more » using the paradigm of reactive programming with RxJS and Observables.
- Know how to Unit Test Angular 2 using Jasmine, Karma and the Angular Test Bed
The first chapter in the course is a quickstart where you dive straight into writing your first Angular 2 application. We use the web editor plunker so you can get stuck in writing code ASAP.
In this quickstart you'll get a 50,000 foot view of the major features of Angular 2.
Then chapter by chapter we go much deeper into each of these features. I'll cover the theory for that feature, using plunker as much as possible so you can try out the code yourself in a browser. Then you'll practice what you've learnt with either an online quiz or a set of flash cards.
You are going to learn all about:-
- Components & Binding
- Dependancy Injection & Services
- Angular Modules & Bootstrapping your Angular application.
- SPAs & Routing
- Angular CLI
- Reactive Programming with RXJs
- Unit Testing
***** About This Book *****
* Learn the best practices of modularization and code organization while scaling your application
* Enhance your practical skills required to develop applications using the Jasmine more » framework in a step-by-step manner
***** Who This Book Is For *****
***** What You Will Learn *****
* Understand and use the power of Jasmine to create better and more maintainable code bases
* Drive your application development entirely by tests
* Write modular and reusable code through the power of ECMA Script 6 (ES6) modules
* Use asynchronous tests, stubs, and spies optimally
* Test drive a React.js single-page application
* Optimize your code to unleash the power of tooling and automation
***** In Detail *****
By the end of this book, you will be a competent web developer with good knowledge and a strong understanding of how to efficiently use the Jasmine framework for testing purposes. « less
ABOUT THIS BOOK
* Focus on test-driven development to help build quality applications that are modular, scalable, maintainable, and adaptable.
* more » Enhance your TypeScript knowledge with in-depth discussions on language features, third-party libraries, declaration files, and so on using practical scenarios.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* Gain an insight into core and advanced TypeScript language features including inheritance and generics
* Create extensive testing suites for your application, including unit testing, integration testing, and browser automation with Jasmine and Selenium
* Organize your application code using modules, and utilize Asynchronous Module Loading with require.js
* Explore advanced object-oriented techniques including dependency injection and strongly typed domain events
* Build a complete single-page web application with TypeScript and Marionette, incorporating object-oriented design patterns along the way