Build next-generation enterprise portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal
Develop enterprise portals with Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c software and enrich those applications with social computing services, including discussions, documents, blogs, wikis, tags, and links. This book covers all functionalities and aspects from a developer, architect, and administrator point of more » view.
Enterprise portal technology is used for creating intranet and extranet portals which enhance collaboration within a company. The book is intended to complete and fill in the gaps of the official documentation from an administrator and developer perspective.
Beginning Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c provides an overview of the architecture behind Oracle WebCenter Suite and the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform. Sample code written in Java is included along with best practices developed from the authors’ experience of using Oracle WebCenter Portal for building enterprise portals.
What you will learn:
* Enterprise Portal and Oracle WebCenter Portal concepts
* Basic administrator knowledge
* Basic developer knowledge
* Overview of the tools and services offered by Oracle WebCenter Portal
* How to develop Portal Assets using JDeveloper IDE
* How to develop new components(Portlets JSR-286 and ADF Task Flows) using JDeveloper IDE
* REST API integration with Portal
* Enterprise content management with Portal
Who this book is for:
Developers, architects, project managers and portal administrators in the Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) area. IT professionals working in FMW or WebLogic stack can also make use of this book. « less
Using JDeveloper to build ADF applications is a lot more straightforward when you learn through practical recipes. This book has over 85 of them to take you beyond the basics and raise your knowledge to a new level.
* Encounter a myriad of ADF tasks to help you enhance the practical application more » of JDeveloper 11gR2
* Get to grips with deploying, debugging, testing, profiling and optimizing Fusion Web ADF Applications with JDeveloper 11gR2 in this book and e-book
* A high level development cookbook with immediately applicable recipes for extending your practical knowledge of building ADF applications
What you will learn from this book
* Get quickly up and running by downloading, installing and optimizing JDeveloper on Linux
* Absorb the foundational techniques presented for laying out the Fusion Web ADF Application during the application architectural phases
* Get to grips with using custom properties and property sets for generic programming and overriding doDML() to populate sequence attribute
* Work with View objects, List-of-Values, Bind Variables and View Criteria
* Handle security, exceptions, logging and session timeouts
* Create and use generic extension interfaces, service-enabling Application Modules and shared Applications Modules
* Go further with ADF Faces techniques like using custom listeners for query panel operations and programmatically executing operation binding
* Master Task Flow techniques such as using a Method Call activity to initialize a page and using Task Flow Initializers
"Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook" is a practical cookbook which goes beyond the basics with immediately applicable recipes for building ADF applications at an intermediate-to-advanced level.
Who this book is written for
You should be comfortable with general Java development principles, the JDeveloper IDE, and ADF basics.
***** In Detail *****
Oracle's Application Development Framework (ADF) for Fusion Web Applications leverages Java EE best practices and proven design patterns to simplify constructing complex web solutions with JDeveloper, and this hands-on, task-based cookbook enables you to realize those complex, enterprise-scale applications. With the help of real-world implementations, practical recipes cover everything from design and construction, to deployment, testing, debugging and optimization.
This practical, task-based cookbook takes you, the ADF developer, on a practical journey for building Fusion Web Applications. By implementing a range of real world use cases, you will gain invaluable and applicable knowledge for utilizing the ADF framework with JDeveloper 11gR2.
"Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook" is a task-based guide to the complete lifecycle of Fusion Web Application development using Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 and ADF.
You will get quickly up and running with concepts like setting up Application Workspaces and Projects, before delving into specific Business Components such as Entity Objects, View Objects, Application Modules and more. Along the way you will encounter even more practical recipes about ADF Faces UI components and Backing Beans, and the book rounds off by covering security, session timeouts and exceptions.
With "Oracle JDeveloper 11gR2 Cookbook" in hand you will be equipped with the practical knowledge of a range of ready to use implementation cases which can be applied to your own Fusion Web ADF Applications. « less
Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF
GET STARTED WITH ORACLE FUSION DEVELOPMENT
Written by a Group Product Manager at Oracle, this Oracle Press guide gets you up and running quickly with your first Oracle Fusion applications. Quick Start Guide to Oracle Fusion Development provides only the essential information you need to build applications more » in a matter of hours. Rapidly learn the building blocks and functionality you’ll use most of the time. The progression of topics closely matches the application building process, taking you through a typical developer scenario from start to completion.
Quick Start Guide to Oracle Fusion Development features
* Concise and friendly format providing the essentials needed to start building applications right away
* Chapters that build on each other to illustrate a typical development scenario from start to finish
* Unique author insights gained from hours of one-on-one meetings with customers and work in Oracle’s usability labs
The perfect entry point to Oracle Fusion development
Introduction to Fusion and the Fusion Technologies; Introduction to JDeveloper and Oracle ADF; Finding your Way Around JDeveloper; Building Business Services; Introducing ADF Business Components; The Role of the Entity; A View of your Data – The View Object; The Application Module; Implementing Business Service Validation; More View Object Features; Building the User Interface; Introducing ADF Face Rich Client; ADF Model; Building Typical ADF Pages; Building Application Flow; Menus, Toolbars and Buttons; Advanced UI Techniques; Data Visualization and Other Rich UI Components; Application Look and Feel; Common Coding Patterns; Common Business Service Coding Examples; Common View Coding Examples « less
Written by the most knowledgeable Oracle JDeveloper author team in the world
This Oracle Press guide shows how to build Web applications using the Fusion Middleware development tool, Oracle JDeveloper. The book discusses the latest technologies and explains how to develop code using multiple techniques.
Oracle more » JDeveloper 11g Handbook: A Guide to Fusion Web Development covers the Oracle Application Development Framework and JavaServer Faces. Hands-on practice examples walk you through the creation of a complete sample application that employs highly-interactive user interface components and declarative development methods. You will learn the techniques required to implement Fusion-oriented software solutions in JDeveloper. « less