Get prepared for your Information Security job search!
Do you want to equip yourself with the knowledge necessary to succeed in the Information Security job market? If so, you've come to the right place. Packed with the latest and most effective strategies for landing a lucrative job in this popular more » and quickly-growing field, Getting an Information Security Job For Dummies provides no-nonsense guidance on everything you need to get ahead of the competition and launch yourself into your dream job as an Information Security (IS) guru. Inside, you'll discover the fascinating history, projected future, and current applications/issues in the IS field. Next, you'll get up to speed on the general educational concepts you'll be exposed to while earning your analyst certification and the technical requirements for obtaining an IS position. Finally, learn how to set yourself up for job hunting success with trusted and supportive guidance on creating a winning resume, gaining attention with your cover letter, following up after an initial interview, and much more.
* Covers the certifications needed for various jobs in the Information Security field
* Offers guidance on writing an attention-getting resume
* Provides access to helpful videos, along with other online bonus materials
* Offers advice on branding yourself and securing your future in Information Security
If you're a student, recent graduate, or professional looking to break into the field of Information Security, this hands-on, friendly guide has you covered. « less
This Microsoft Outlook 2013, Exam 77-423 is the only Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) textbook. This series includes a complete classroom instructional program. This Outlook 2013 text is mapped to the Outlook 2013 certification exam objectives and is designed to re-enforce workforce skills. more » With this book students learn to format message content by using character and paragraph formatting, use graphic elements such as charts and tables, and create contact records, tasks, and appointments from incoming messages. They create contact groups, schedule meetings, and share schedules to facilitate communication with other Outlook users and much more. Outlook 2013 certification can help students with classwork and differentiate job hunters in today’s competitive job market. « less
Dispelling the Myths, Uncovering the Opportunities
Go ahead, be skeptical about big data. The author was—at first.
When the term “big data” first came on the scene, bestselling author Tom Davenport (Competing on Analytics, Analytics at Work) thought it was just another example of technology hype. But his research in the years that followed changed more » his mind.
Now, in clear, conversational language, Davenport explains what big data means—and why everyone in business needs to know about it. Big Data at Work covers all the bases: what big data means from a technical, consumer, and management perspective; what its opportunities and costs are; where it can have real business impact; and which aspects of this hot topic have been oversold.
This book will help you understand:
• Why big data is important to you and your organization
• What technology you need to manage it
• How big data could change your job, your company, and your industry
• How to hire, rent, or develop the kinds of people who make big data work
• The key success factors in implementing any big data project
• How big data is leading to a new approach to managing analytics
With dozens of company examples, including UPS, GE, Amazon, United Healthcare, Citigroup, and many others, this book will help you seize all opportunities—from improving decisions, products, and services to strengthening customer relationships. It will show you how to put big data to work in your own organization so that you too can harness the power of this ever-evolving new resource. « less
160 Questions and Answers for Success
Programmers are in demand, but to land the job, you must demonstrate knowledge of those things expected by today's employers. This guide sets you up for success. Not only does it provide 160 of the most commonly asked interview questions and model answers, but it also offers insight into the context more » and motivation of hiring managers in today's marketplace. Written by a veteran hiring manager, this book is a comprehensive guide for experienced and first-time programmers alike. « less
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Designed to help enterprise administrators develop real-world, job-role-specific skills—this Training Guide focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Build hands-on more » expertise through a series of lessons, exercises, and suggested practices—and help maximize your performance on the job.
This Microsoft Training Guide:
* Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
* Focuses on job-role-specific expertise for deploying and managing advanced infrastructure services in Windows Server 2012
* Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-412
Sharpen your skills. Increase your expertise.
* Configure full forest and domain trust relationships
* Configure Active Directory (AD) sites and manage AD replication
* Implement advanced DNS and DHCP solutions
* Install, configure, and manage AD Certificate Services
* Manage backups and recover servers
* Optimize storage and configure advanced file services
* Manage failover clustering and Network Load Balancing
* Move virtual machines from one Hyper-V server to another
* Implement Dynamic Access Control and Active Directory RMS
* Implement Active Directory Federation Services « less
MOS EXAM 77-424
This Microsoft Access 2013, Exam 77-424 is the only Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) textbook. This series includes a complete classroom instructional program. This Access 2013 text is mapped to the Access 2013 certification exam objectives and is designed to re-enforce workforce skills. With more » this book students learn to create and manage a database, build tables and forms, create and manage queries, design reports and much more.
The Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) Office series also offers OfficeGrader. This valuable tool corrects your students’ tasked-based assignments. Students work on real-world problems like the ones they will encounter in the workforce ensuring they are ready for real professional challenges. OfficeGrader allows for efficient and consistent grading saving time for other important teaching activities. Grading is easier than ever allowing faster assignment turnaround to students.
Access 2013 certification can help students with classwork and differentiate job hunters in today’s competitive job market. Students who have earned certification can broaden their employment opportunities in such fields as a support professional, trainer, teacher, professor, database user, or database creator who needs to create or maintain a basic Access database. Students will also understand how to construct and modify basic relationships among database entities and instruct others in basic Access functionality and usage. « less
The Software Developer's Career Handbook
As a software engineer, you recognize at some point that there's much more to your career than dealing with code. Is it time to become a manager? Tell your boss he's a jerk? Join that startup? Author Michael Lopp recalls his own make-or-break moments with Silicon Valley giants such as Apple, Netscape, more » and Symantec in Being Geek - an insightful and entertaining book that will help you make better career decisions. « less
You've got the technical chops - the skills to get a great job doing what you love. Now it's time to get down to the business of planning your job search, focusing your time and attention on the job leads that matter, and interviewing to wow your boss-to-be. Land the tech job you love.
Exams 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-052, and OCP Exam 1Z0-053
Prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Administration I and SQL Fundamentals I exams and the Oracle Certified Professional Administration II exam with help from this exclusive Oracle Press guide. In each chapter, you'll find challenging exercises, practice questions, and a two-minute drill to highlight more » what you've learned. This authoritative guide will help you pass the test and serve as your essential on-the-job reference. Get complete coverage of all objectives for exams 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, and 1Z0-053, including:
* Instance management
* Networking and storage
* Oracle Recovery Manager and Oracle Flashback
* Oracle Automatic Storage Management
* Resource manager
* Oracle Scheduler
* Automatic workload repository
* Performance tuning
* Three bonus exams available with free online registration « less
Unleash the Power of Google, Amazon, eBay and More
* Shows Internet users how to get the most out of Internet searches, portals, and commerce sites
* Covers using Google to solve mathematical equations, making search engines safe for kids, harnessing the full power of Yahoo!, and getting the best bargains on shopping sites
* Explains how to search more » for street addresses and phone numbers, stock quotes and other financial information, MP3s and other digital music, computer programs and utilities, medical information, legal information, genealogical information, job listings, and more
* Reveals the secrets behind directory sites, indexing, and search result rankings « less