Master the intricacies of Elasticsearch 5 and use it to create flexible and scalable search Solutions
About This Book
Master the searching, indexing, and aggregation features in ElasticSearch Improve users’ search experience with Elasticsearch’s functionalities and develop your own Elasticsearch plugins A comprehensive, step-by-step guide to master the intricacies of ElasticSearch with ease Who This more » Book Is For If you have some prior working experience with Elasticsearch and want to take your knowledge to the next level, this book will be the perfect resource for you.If you are a developer who wants to implement scalable search solutions with Elasticsearch, this book will also help you. Some basic knowledge of the query DSL and data indexing is required to make the best use of this book.
What You Will Learn
* Understand Apache Lucene and Elasticsearch 5’s design and architecture
* Use and configure the new and improved default text scoring mechanism in Apache Lucene 6
* Know how to overcome the pitfalls while handling relational data in Elasticsearch
* Learn about choosing the right queries according to the use cases and master the scripting module including new default scripting language, painlessly
* Explore the right way of scaling production clusters to improve the performance of Elasticsearch
* Master the searching, indexing, and aggregation features in Elasticsearch
* Develop your own Elasticsearch plugins to extend the functionalities of Elasticsearch
Elasticsearch is a modern, fast, distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and open source search and analytics engine. Elasticsearch leverages the capabilities of Apache Lucene, and provides a new level of control over how you can index and search even huge sets of data. This book will give you a brief recap of the basics and also introduce you to the new features of Elasticsearch 5. We will guide you through the intermediate and advanced functionalities of « less
When Lucene first appeared, this superfast search engine was nothing short of amazing. Today, Lucene still delivers. Its high-performance, easy-to-use API, features like numeric fields, payloads, near-real-time search, and huge increases in indexing and searching speed make it the leading search tool.
And more » with clear writing, reusable examples, and unmatched advice, Lucene in Action, Second Edition is still the definitive guide to effectively integrating search into your applications. This totally revised book shows you how to index your documents, including formats such as MS Word, PDF, HTML, and XML. It introduces you to searching, sorting, and filtering, and covers the numerous improvements to Lucene since the first edition. Source code is for Lucene 3.0.1. « less